Statistics

207,664 members
79,761 posts
  • New
    SimoneGiusti
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-18

Hello,

this morning I connected DN to X32 as I usually did (no gigs from some months, due to Covid19) and it did not work !!

DN is correctly found on my netbook and it can be choosed as interface within audio softwares but X32 does not ....

Green light is on when I plug cat cable but it is not recognized.

Firmware:

I updated firmware to 4.04.1 before connecting it and then tried to revert to firmare 4.02 with no luck

Can anybody help me ??

(I already tried to swap ports A&B and change cables, reboot ...)

read more...
    0 7
    • SimoneGiusti
      KyleJohnson Hi Simone, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Is the DN9630 set to 96kHz mode by mistake? Make sure you are using shielded Cat5E and no longer than 100 Meters. You can contact us directly if you click on the Support link at the top of the page, then scroll down and select Technical Support.
      • December 18, 2020
      • X32 & KT DN9630 not recognized
        SimoneGiusti Many thanks. Cables I tested are shielded and good quality ethercom ones. Speed rate is 48. I opened a ticket.
        • December 18, 2020
        SimoneGiusti I did some experiments.

1) X32 + DN9630 (A or B) ... n/n
        2) X32 + S32 + DN (on B port of S32) ... OK (this is my usual configuration)
        3) X32 + S32 on port B ... RED light

So I assumed problem is with X32 AES transport ...

I confirm I using good cables (KT 50 meters is my main transport).

Suggestions ??
        • December 19, 2020
        KyleJohnson Hi Simone, sorry for my delay. I see that your case has been answered by one of our representatives. Please let us know if you have any other trouble.
        • December 28, 2020
  • New
    PRiZM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18

Does anyone know where to get the replacement touchscreens. I need one it got smashed. Total Disaster I know but I need to buy the replacement.. ? thanks.. 

0 12
    • PRiZM
      RexBeckett Hi Jay, I think your best option is to open a Care ticket for this.

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down and select Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • December 18, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-17

On stage for a small club gig or in a recording setup, the best place will often be right at your microphone stand. It avoids unnecessary cable clutter and keeps the control surface of your FLOW mixer permanently accessible.

List Price: $19

#Behringer #FLOWCLAMP #Mixers #Accessories
    read more...
    0 15
  • New
    x32paulwarren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

I tried updating to the latest firmware and the X32 stopped being able to boot up.  So, per Behringer's customer service email, I put the firmware on a FAT32 formatted USB, held down the USB button while powering up, and then inserted the USB when prompted by the screen.  But it still does absolutely nothing and fails as you can see by the screen shot here.  Is there a way I can get an older version of the firmware to try to boot it with?  Behringer customer service may be working with a skeleton crew because it seems communication is very slow right now and I need to get this working so I can work.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!!

read more...
    1 20
    • x32paulwarren
      GaryHiggins 2 things, try a different usb drive, a small one if you have any, like 4 or 8 gig. Sometimes it is that simple, a different usb drive, OR download the file again, perhaps it got corrupted. Make sure if doing it by turning on the desk holding the usb button, that the correct file is in the root directory and no other firmware files. If doing it by the setup screen and with newer firmware, you can select WHICH firmware file without regard for multiple files in the root directory. I have a lot of older firmware files if you need one as do others here.
      • December 14, 2020
      • Behringer X32 rack won't boot after firmware update
        GaryHiggins Yes that is possible, so again 2 things, try an earlier Edit version. BUT I could be wrong, seems there were issues with firmware 4.01, so try 4.02. Now you are up and running, loading it from the setup page is easy! I would try 4.02 first, be brave :-)Or try 4.04 again using the setup page.
        • December 15, 2020
    • x32paulwarren
      KeithBrown I have had trouble in the past upgrading the firmware by booting with the usb stick inserted. It seems to work much better to use the upgrade from the setup page as Gary indicated.
      • December 15, 2020
    • x32paulwarren
      x32paulwarren Thank you all! I will try those older firmware versions. Unfortunately, I cannot get to the setup page to update. The mixer will not go beyond the screen you see above. I'll see what happens with these other versions.
      • December 15, 2020
      • Behringer X32 rack won't boot after firmware update
        GaryHiggins You may have to try a few ways. I remember IIRC, with the drive installed, hold down the access button and turn on the mixer, with that method make sure the file you want loaded is the only firmware file in the root directory. I don't remember ever doing it and waiting to put in the drive but that could be. You will get it eventually. I was once in firmware hell from using the x-live firmware by mistake for my X32 and thought I bricked it. I was able to recover by being persistent. In the future once up and running, use the setup page, it works well.
        • December 15, 2020
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    bruceamoore2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-14

I just downloaded the X32 Edit 4.2 for my Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.15.7 - Catalina) and got a warning that this software cannot be opened, as Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  Has anyone else run into this, and how did you solve?  Thank you for any advice. 

read more...
    0 15
    • bruceamoore2020
      DaveMorrison Just show it in the finder and open it. Allow it to run and you shouldn't haven't any problems. It runs fine on Catalina.
      • December 13, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      john0121 If you go to system preferences>security you can allow it to run from there. This only needs to be done once.
      • December 14, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      bruceamoore2020 Thank you Dave and John. I did the security override in system preferences and got it to open. That was the key. Now to learn how this darn thing routes the signal! (it is much smarter than I am, at this point!) Thank you again!
      • December 14, 2020
  • New
    jyarbro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-07

My main mix slider potentiometer was crushed.  What is the brand/part to replace?  Part#15430103 on side of component.

thanks!

0 9
    • jyarbro
      KyleJohnson Hi Joe, Kyle here with Music Tribe. you can order parts directly from us. Please click on support at the top of the page, then scroll down and submit a Spare Parts ticket.
      • December 7, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        jyarbro Thx Kyle! I put in a service ticket but haven’t heard back.... does it take long to get parts?
        • December 9, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        KyleJohnson I'll let the parts team know you're still waiting to hear back. Thanks for the update.
        • December 9, 2020
  • New
    mrwiz2rd9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

I have a 32Gb drive with 500 songs and they all are .WAV files but the mixer does not see all the files. 

Brand new USB 2.0 and I have older USB drive with same issues does any one knows what is going on.

I was told By Behringer tech that USB recorder can use any size of drive.

read more...
    0 9
    • mrwiz2rd9
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rodney, make sure the .wav files are 16 bit, 44K or 48K. Also separate the songs into folders. The X32 has a limit of the amount of files per folder (IIRC it is 200).
      • December 4, 2020
    • mrwiz2rd9
      DaveMorrison Just to further clarify Paul's post, the sample rate of the file must match the sample rate of the mixer. If the system is set to 48kHz, then only 48k files will play. If you want to play 44.1k files, then you must change the system to 44.1k or sample rate convert them.
      • December 4, 2020
  • New
    Future2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

Die GoXLR Serie ist nicht nur für die Broadcast Szene interessant. Auch für die Gaming-Szene öffnen sich ganz neue Möglichkeiten.

Beispielsweis meine beiden Söhne, sehr PC affin in unterschiedlichen Richtungen sind, waren auf der Suche nach einen kleinen Mixer. Er sollte eine einfache Anbindung am PC haben, die verschiedenen Audioquellen verwalten können in Richtng Mikrofon, Kopfhörer, Lautsprecherboxen, Subwoofer. Er sollte klein sein, typische Feature´s in Sachen Klaneistellungen haben und ein bisschen was für Auge bieten.

All dies bietet der GoXLR mini.

Nach längeren Arbeiten damit fiel jedoch auf, dass noch ein paar Möglichkeiten fehlen, um das Ganze abzurunden. All die Leute aus der PC-Gaming-Szene, die damit gearbeitet haben sagen übereinstimmend:

- Mind. noch 2 Fader/Kanäle mehr

- 1 separater Lautstärke Poti vorne neben dem Kopfhörer-Ausgang nur für den Kopfhörer

- 1 zusätzlicher Lineout für den Anschluss eines Subwoofers

- Alle Audio-Ausgänge mit einen EQ versehen, wie der für den Mic-Eingang

- Software Schnittstelle zur Einbindung eines USB-wireless Headset, um beispielsweise den Kopfhörerausgang auf das Headset zu routen

- eventuell eine Bluetooth Anbindung an Smartphones/Tables

Sollten diese Ereweiterungen nach Vorgabe des GoXLR mini vorhanden sein, wäre dies der perfekte Mixer für die Gaming Szene und würde wohl einen regelrechten Boom auslösen. 

Das Mangament / Entwickler-Team von TC-Helicon sollten diese Gedanken mal aufnehmen. Der Erfolg wäre garantiert. Viele der Gamer warten sehnsüchtig auf die Innovation...

Hier mal ein Beispiel für die Gestaltung.

read more...
    1 9
  • New
    mletalien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Hello,

I apologize for the potentially ignorant question, but here goes: for live shows, we run the bass and kick through the sub via Aux 6 output exclusively. That aux output is controlled by the M/C channel (not sure if I am wording this correctly, hopefully my description makes sense). Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to be able to send (in my case) the bass and kick through the sub via aux 6/M/C channel AND the mains LR but be able to control the output seperately (ie if I increase output for the signal to the sub, it won't affect the amount going through the mains). Thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 29
    • mletalien
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, yes you can control the levels of the channel to the Main LR and M/C separately. The screen you are showing provides the means how to do it. The encoder 1 adjusts the level to the Main LR and encoder 2 adjust the level to the M/C.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Separating output of center M/C channel and main LR in the X32 Compact
        mletalien Hi Paul, hope all is well and thanks for reaching out with the comment, appreciated. A question (or two): Isn't encoder one just for panning L and R? Also, it seems to me that when controlling the fader through encoder 6, if you have the 'Sub' selected (encoder 2), that will affect the level of the sub. I can see ( I believe that you can accomplish what is necessary through this panel, but it seems like I am probably not seperating the two (mains vs M/C in the most effective manner....if that makes any sense. Thanks for your help!
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Oops. Encoder 2 adjust the send to the M/C (sub) and encoder 6 adjusts the send to LR. I had to go to my X32 Rack and have a look at the display. Typically I do everything (including troubleshooting here) using X32-Edit (which sometimes is different). Those 2 adjustments are independent.

There is a better and easier way to adjust channel sends to the mono (M/C) bus and that is by using the Sends On Fader (SOF). If I remember correctly SOF is available on the full X32 (and Compact and Producer, not on the Rack). Select the Mono master fader (4th layer on right bank of faders), then press the SOF (in between fader banks). The left bank of faders will now adjust the sends to that bus. Using X32-Edit, simply select the Mono bus and the channel faders become the sends to that bus.

If you want to have the Main LR fader to control the Mono (M/C) master fader, select the "M/C depends on Main LR" on Setup, config screen.

:Edit: Again I goofed. The two levels are independent. But the channel send tap to the mono (M/C) is post fader (and can't be changed). If you require prefader tap, you will need to use one of the other mixbuses.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        mletalien Thanks Paul, I appreciate it!!
        • November 25, 2020
Go to page