Statistics

207,636 members
79,733 posts
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

M32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04

The console 4.04 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to use the SELECT-Button of a DCA to unfold the assigned channels to the left fader bank. This update also offers some improvements for the use with the X-Touch controller and some general bugfixes.

We recommend to periodically check for new updates, for the latest features and improvements. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your M32.

This new M32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA-Spill (only for M32-Models with faders)

• Press SELECT on DCA to see associated channels (flashing SELECT on DCA)

• Hold SELECT on DCA to change DCA assignment (flashing SELECT on channels)

• Press DCA layer button to toggle between DCA-Spill pages

• Change left faderlayer or hold DCA layer button to disable DCA Spill (Active DCA-Spill is indicated by flashing DCA layer button)

Improvements

• Improved interoperability with X-Touch

• Gain/Trim issue on CH 1-8

• Issue with send pan indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Improved Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

Bug Fixes

• Prevent freeze when using Snippet-Utility

• Fixed send pan LED-Ring indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Hide folder names with non ASCII characters 

Update Process:

1. Download the new console firmware from the M32 product page onto any directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector

3. Open SETUP - GLOBAL on the console and select UPDATE FW in the lower left corner

4. Navigate to the directory where the firmware file is stored and install update

Alternative Update:

1. Download the new console firmware from the M32 product page at behringer.com onto the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive.

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector while the console is turned off.

3. Hold the USB View button pressed while switching the console on. While booting, the M32 will run a fully automatic firmware update, which will take 2-3 minutes longer than the regular boot sequence.

4. When no update file is available on the USB drive, or when it is corrupted, the update mode will remain active, preventing the M32 from booting regularly. Switch the console off and back on without holding the USB View button to boot the console with the existing firmware. Note: Behringer recommends to create a console backup before installing the update. This Backup can be restored in case of data loss during the firmware update.

Download via the software section: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0B3I

read more...
    0 627
    • Midas
      GuillaumeDESBOI Hi there, I succeeded to update fw 4.04 from 4.03 on M32R but I had a failure message on the M32RLive. Tried a different usb key, and the 2 different ways to do it (from start and with console already on). I finally downgraded it to 4.03 to be able to use it. Any cue?
      • November 27, 2020
      • M32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04 Now Available
        GuillaumeDESBOI Hi, finally a usb key problem, I tried again with the key I used on the M32R and it worked straight away!
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

M32-Edit Update Version 4.2

The M32-Edit 4.2 update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to unfold the assigned channels of a DCA on a new DCA-Spill fader layer.

The M32-Edit is a remote application enabling control of the M32-Series of digital mixing consoles via ethernet. It is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

This new M32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA Spill

• GUI-Preference to switch off automatic DCA spill layer jump

• GUI-Preference ‘Bus botton names’ active by default

• GUI-Preference to show DCA spill always on top

• GUI-Preference to deactivate mouse wheel

• Add stereolink to DP48-Remote page • Add setup option to create custom boot scene

• Add SD-Recorder warning pop-up if only 10 & 1 min recording capacity left

Improvements

• Removed link option from Dual-Deesser

• Show source info on left side of all effect screen

• Changed inverted colors to match all console displays

• Improved text button ON/OFF state for M32-Edit

• Improved distinction between local and mixer data on show control pages

• Improved routing tap color distinction

Bugfixes

• Fix for snippet index offset after show import

• Fix for snippet paste issue (see above)

• Fix for wrong snippet checkboxes on USER In/Out options

• Fix for FX link A/B issue on scene load

• Fix for bad suboctaver range switch mouse support

• Fix for moodfilter tap function

• Fix for show control mismatch (highlighted row for active cue/scene/snippet)

• Fix for Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

• Fix for gate/dyn key solo: set active channel and page on console

• Fix for oversized app windows after restart under Windows 10 (if display scale active) Note: M32-Edit 4.2 requires M32 console firmware V4.00 or higher.

Download via the software section: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0B3I

read more...
    0 247
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-25

X32-Edit Update Version 4.2

The X32-Edit 4.2 update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to unfold the assigned channels of a DCA on a new DCA-Spill fader layer.

The X32-Edit is a remote application enabling control of the M32-Series of digital mixing consoles via ethernet. It is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

This new X32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA Spill

• GUI-Preference to switch off automatic DCA spill layer jump

• GUI-Preference ‘Bus botton names’ active by default

• GUI-Preference to show DCA spill always on top

• GUI-Preference to deactivate mouse wheel

• Add stereolink to DP48-Remote page

• Add setup option to create custom boot scene

• Add SD-Recorder warning pop-up if only 10 & 1 min recording capacity left

Improvements

• Removed link option from Dual-Deesser

• Show source info on left side of all effect screen

• Changed inverted colors to match all console displays

• Improved text button ON/OFF state for X32-Edit

• Improved distinction between local and mixer data on show control pages

• Improved routing tap color distinction

Bugfixes

• Fix for snippet index offset after show import

• Fix for snippet paste issue (see above)

• Fix for wrong snippet checkboxes on USER In/Out options

• Fix for FX link A/B issue on scene load

• Fix for bad suboctaver range switch mouse support

• Fix for moodfilter tap function

• Fix for show control mismatch (highlighted row for active cue/scene/snippet)

• Fix for Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

• Fix for gate/dyn key solo: set active channel and page on console

• Fix for oversized app windows after restart under Windows 10 (if display scale active) Note: X32-Edit 4.2 requires X32 console firmware V4.00 or higher.

Download via the software section: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0ASF

read more...
    0 516
    • Behringer
      JamesHood After connecting to my X32 (Mixer->PC), X32-Edit 4.2 (Mac) crashes on startup. I isolated the bug to these lines in `~/Library/.X32-Edit/X32Edit.init` :

config/routing/AES50A OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
      config/routing/AES50B OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
      outputs/p16/01 1 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/01/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/02 1 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/02/iQ OFF iQ10 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/03 2 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/03/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/04 3 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/04/iQ OFF iQ18B Linear 0

Workarounds include not routing AES50-A 33-40 from Ultranet 1-8 or rearranging my Ultranet patch order (i.e. Main L, L, R, M/C crashes, but Main L, R, M/C, L works).
      • Jan 2
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-25

X32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04

The console 4.04 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to use the SELECT-Button of a DCA to unfold the assigned channels to the left fader bank. This update also offers some improvements for the use with the X-Touch controller and some general bugfixes.

We recommend to periodically check for new updates, for the latest features and improvements. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your X32.

This new X32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA-Spill (only for X32-Models with faders)

• Press SELECT on DCA to see associated channels (flashing SELECT on DCA)

• Hold SELECT on DCA to change DCA assignment (flashing SELECT on channels)

• Press DCA layer button to toggle between DCA-Spill pages

• Change left faderlayer or hold DCA layer button to disable DCA Spill (Active DCA-Spill is indicated by flashing DCA layer button)

Improvements

• Improved interoperability with X-Touch

• Gain/Trim issue on CH 1-8

• Issue with send pan indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Improved Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

Bug Fixes

• Prevent freeze when using Snippet-Utility

• Fixed send pan LED-Ring indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Hide folder names with non ASCII characters 

Update Process:

1. Download the new console firmware from the X32 product page onto any directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector

3. Open SETUP - GLOBAL on the console and select UPDATE FW in the lower left corner

4. Navigate to the directory where the firmware file is stored and install update

Alternative Update:

1. Download the new console firmware from the X32 product page at behringer.com onto the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive.

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector while the console is turned off.

3. Hold the USB View button pressed while switching the console on. While booting, the X32 will run a fully automatic firmware update, which will take 2-3 minutes longer than the regular boot sequence.

4. When no update file is available on the USB drive, or when it is corrupted, the update mode will remain active, preventing the X32 from booting regularly. Switch the console off and back on without holding the USB View button to boot the console with the existing firmware. Note: Behringer recommends to create a console backup before installing the update. This Backup can be restored in case of data loss during the firmware update.

Download via the software section: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0ASF

read more...
    0 1,357
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

How would you set up the compression on this channel for speaking voice that sometimes get pretty loud?

i dont really understand how this one work (picture)

0 15
    • Hiortintexas
      DaveMorrison The two basic controls you should focus on are Threshold and Ratio. How you set them depends on what you're doing. You could maybe set the Threshold at -20 with a ratio of 2 for some gentle compression during the louder moments. The threshold controls the level where the compressor starts to work. The graph will give you an idea how it works. If you want the clamp down just the loudest section, you could run it more like a limiter. Try the threshold at -10 and the ration at 6 (or more). Be aware that compression in floor monitors can increase the risk of feedback ( it's less likely when your just limiting with the threshold set to -10 or -5). Use the Gain control to "make up" the gain you lose when the compressor is on (ie. make them the same when it "Active" and then bypassed)
      • November 22, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      KevinMaxwell A loud speaking voice isn’t really a problem at all unless they are distorting the input. If someone is speaking loud you can just turn down the channel or turn down the trim.

There were some events that I have done where I always had a finger on the channel (fader) of the persons speaking. Actually that was most events because they were high enough profile that it had to be perfect or as close to perfect as is humanly possible. And I usually had a compressor on that vocal subgroup to even out the vocal mics and it was a DBX160 usually set to a 3:1 compression ratio. I would strongly suggest that on the X32 in the channel compressor under the gain envelope (on the page that you included) that you select “Auto Time”. This automatically sets the attack, release and hold times to settings that work better for most things that you want to compress, unless you are looking for some other compression behavior then what I consider normal.

The challenge is if you have a person that is speaking inconsistently. If they go from a whisper to shouting that can be challenging. That style of speaking is usually what the fiery preacher might do and the challenge there is they really want to hear themselves get REALLY LOUD. One way to deal with that if the preacher isn’t a pain about it is to use the channel compressor at about 4:1 and set the threshold to where it is working a little bit all of the time. And set the knee to 5, this makes the point at which the compressor is actually triggering to be smoother and not too sudden.

The use a second compressor to be closer to limiting that is set to keep the really loud parts under control. You can do that by either inserting another compressor on that channel or send that channel to a Mix Bus (and route that Mix Bus to the L/R and make sure the channel isn’t going directly to the L/R) and use the Mix Bus compressor to a more aggressive compression ratio like 10:1 and set the threshold on that to only trigger when the preacher gets really loud. I actually never use the L/R as my output to the house speakers I always use a Matrix outputs. Usually because I have more speakers in the system then just Left and Right. But even if I am using just Left and Right speakers I still use the Matrix outs.
      • November 23, 2020
      • X32Edit - configure compression on a channel with loud speaking voice
        Hiortintexas You have me a great pointer. My biggest problem is the level out to the streaming and as I have that on its own bus, I can then put a more aggressive compression on that one as you suggest.
        • November 27, 2020
        Hiortintexas You mention using matrix outs even just for L/R what is the reading for that ?
        • November 27, 2020
        KevinMaxwell One of the reasons I do that is using the matrix out gives the user the ability to trim the overall output without having to run the L/R so low on the fader that the tiniest movement is too drastic a change, up or down. I did this in a church system that was using an X32 for their youth room so they have more control. They were able to run the inputs hot enough and also the L/R master at around the nominal level and bring the Matrix down so as to not be too loud at the speakers.

For systems I am running I only use the L/R bus as my playback bus and that goes to the Matrix to feed the speaker system. I route my channels to the Mix Bus sends using them as variable sub groups. I set up the system (EQ and processing) for linearity, what goes in is what comes out. And I then EQ the variable groups like the vocals for best gain before feedback. And I can do group processing if needed for the different Mix Bus sends that then go to the Matrix sends. This way you aren’t overly EQing a system for feedback on a vocal mic. Your playback and tightly mic-ed or direct input instruments sound more natural.

I almost always am using more than just L/R even if it is only an additional front fill speaker or speakers. And the Matrix gives me the ability to feed only what I want in each speaker (Matrix) send. For example if the stage level of the instruments are loud enough I would usually not have much of them in the front fill speakers. And if I am using delay speakers for a musical I might put more of the pit band in the delay Matrix.
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

I want to connect a laptop to play music over the system.

How do I route these AUX inputs as input for Channel 1 so we can control the volume out to the FOH ?

(The reason I want it to channel 1 is so the sound person can have it on the fist page on the iPad)

read more...
    0 14
    • Hiortintexas
      Paul_Vannatto Assign Aux 5 to channel 1 strip source and Aux 6 to channel 2 strip source. Of course if you change to Mixing Station, you won't have to do this.
      • November 22, 2020
      • X32 - Routing AUX in (RCA connections to Channel Strip)
        Hiortintexas Mixing Station ?
        • November 22, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station is a 3rd party app that have been used by many of us since 2013 on our android tablet. About a year ago, the developer ported it to the iPad/iPhone (as well as PC and Mac). It is far superior in functionality and features from the official app.
        • November 23, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      -mjk- Also, note that anything plugged into the 6.5mm TRS jack will break the connection to the RCA I/O jacks. I was hoping I could plug 2 source/destination devices into channels 5 and 6, but it's either/or.
      • November 22, 2020
        Hiortintexas I suspected that, so if 5-6 RCA is used , 5-6 TRS can not be used and vice versa.
        • ·
        • November 22, 2020
        -mjk- Right. I don't know if it helps, but, if you leave the RCA plugs in the jacks, they get cut off by the 6.5mm TRS switching jack as soon as you insert a cable. You don't have to actually remove them. But in order to get the RCA jacks to activate, you do have to remove the TRS plugs.
        • November 23, 2020
  • New
    TomCosaert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hey! I have a Midas MR18 digital mixer (similar to the Behringer XR18) and want to connect from its (balanced XLR, mono) AUX outputs to the (unbalanced TRS, stereo) AUX inputs of a Behringer HA6000 headphone amplifier.

Depending on the number of participants (mix-minus feeds for each), I would like to support the following two scenarios:

1. stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring up to 4 people (Midas MR18 limit)
    2. mono (R+R) headphone monitoring up to 6 people (Behringer HA6000 limit)

To be sure not to damage anything, I'd rather not start experimenting with different cables. Therefore, I have two questions (and a follow-up question, depending on the answer of the 2nd question):

Question 1: Would a 2x XLR female to TRS male cable (wired as illustrated below) work for stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring (scenario 1), connecting (paired) MR18 AUX outputs to single AUX inputs of the HA6000?

This would accomodate 3 headphones (AUX outputs only), or even 4 headphones (if I use the MR18 Main L/R outputs as well), to enjoy stereo monitoring.

Question 2: Would the same cable also work for mono (R+R) headphone monitoring (scenario 2), when simply not connecting one of the XLR ends and pressing the "MONO R" button on the HA6000, or is leaving the ring (or tip) signal of the TRS cable "floating" like this a really bad idea?

This would accomodate 6 headphones to be able to monitor in mono (mirrored).

Question 2b: In case using the same cable for scenario 2 is not recommended (see above, question 2), would an XLR female to TS male cable be advised?

Thanks a lot for any help with this! I've been searching the internet for hours already, but could not find any definitive answers to these questions. It seems not a straightforward thing, wanting to connect the MR18 to a HA6000, or similar device with unbalanced stereo inputs.

Note: I currently also own the Behringer AMP800 (which has balanced inputs and allows the use of regular XLR to TRS cables) but I want more connectivity options. Unfortunately, it seems headphone amps with more balanced inputs are not that common.

read more...
    0 64
    • TomCosaert
      RexBeckett Hi Tom, your cable wiring is correct for dual XLR-F to TRS stereo. This should also work for mono if the HA6000 is switched appropriately.
      • November 18, 2020
      • Midas MR18 AUX Outputs to Behringer HA6000 AUX Inputs
        TomCosaert Thanks for the confirmation. Greatly appreciated!
        • ·
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    mafew129
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-17

Hello,
    I recently upgraded from the XR12 to the XR18. Is there a way to easily record to a USB stick if I use an adapter like this?

Thank you.

1 18
    • mafew129
      DaveMorrison No. You have to connect it to a host device like a computer, tablet, or phone.
      • November 16, 2020
    • mafew129
      mafew129 Ah! That's so dumb! That's one of the best features of the xr12.
      Ok. let's say I record it to a phone. What would be the simplest way to do that?
      • November 16, 2020
    • mafew129
      mafew129 I'm just looking to record a simple stereo or even mono. To documents live performances/practices. Don't need multi track necessarily.
      • November 16, 2020
    • mafew129
      DaveMorrison Your phone needs to have the ability to use a USB class compliant audio device and your software needs to be able see that driver. iPhones can with the Apple Camera Connection Kit. I don't know with any Android phones. I'm sure other users will give you some ideas.
      The X32 can do both computer connection and flash drive (and SD card) recording. Of course the only model that is even close in size to the XR18 is the X32 Rack.
      • November 17, 2020
    • mafew129
      PedroRodrigues Hi Matthew z, please be aware that the XR18 allows multitrack recording therefore if you wish to use the USB connection you will have to do it exclusively by connecting to a computer and using a DAW that will allow you to input any kind of track such as stereo or multitrack showing to be more versatile and at the same time providing the user with more tools. Thank you
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-16

WING Firmware UpdateVersion 1.09

The console 1.09 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlights of this update are the new Midas Sub Monster Effect and new assignment screens for DCAs and MGRP. Besides a new Tab-View, the routing screens provide new features like indication of all connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices. This update also offers some UI improvements like PRE-Tap indication on the channel home screen or metering for the WING Live Recorder/Player and some general Bug fixes.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains: New Features

• Quick channel select from touchscreen (touch the channel number in the upper left corner)
    • PRE-Tap indication and setup on channel home screen
    • Midas Sub Monster Effect
    • Optional channel metering for WING Live Recorder/Player• Indication of connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices (ROUTING)
    • Enable DCAs to control monitor levels (rename DCA to ‘MON A’, ‘MON B’, or ‘MON LVL’ (both))
    • Advanced Source-Scope for channel presets
    • Tap-View for customization, naming and tags
    • Delay for 48V switch (hold for on/off)
    • New DCA/MGRP assignment screen (touch assignment overview)
    • Option to disable jogwheel during playback

Improvements

• New StageCONNECT configuration (ROUTING)
    • Indication of available USB Streams (ROUTING)
    • Fixed issue with fader recall in SoF Mode
    • Fixed low frequency distortion wth SOUL 9000 Gate and EVEN 88 GATE
    • Immediate switch for different USB Audio configurations (No enumeration on boot)
    • Fixed routing enable switch

Update Process:

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder

Download here: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    0 670
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
    • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
    • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
    • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
    • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
    • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive
    2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M
    3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off
    4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48
    5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on
    6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again
    7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished
    8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version

Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX

read more...
    1 225
    • Midas
      MarcVangrunderb Is it possible to connect a DL153 stagebox on the AES50 thru port of a DP48. I have two DL153 stage boxes connected to my X32 rack and would like to know how I can integrade the DP48.
      • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, I would suggest you also get the Hub4 and use the AES50 Thru port to connect the DL153.
      • November 23, 2020
      • DP48 Firmware Update 1.7 Now Available!
        MarcVangrunderb Hi Paul,
        Do you want to say that it only works with the Hub4 or can it also be done via the thru port of the DP48?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Well, it will "sort of" work. The problem will be the upstream (stagebox to console) channels, since the first AES50 channels (banks of 8) will be used by the DP48. The Hub4 has a switch to setup for the DP48 return OR pass thru the AES50 signals from the Thru port.

Here is a link to the Hub4 Routing Diagram
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJJuoNh3QE7iK-daR7PFiV7mvytSEeSM/view?usp=sharing
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The downstream signals should work fine, since the DP48 Thru port is meant to be used for cascading DP48 providing all 48 AES50 channels to subsequent DP48 and therefore the same to the stageboxes. It is the upstream signals that are the issue.
        • November 23, 2020
        MarcVangrunderb OK thanks. That's clear. Is the latest firmware of the HUB4 provided to work with Pro stageboxes like the DL153 because I always assumed this was not compatible?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Yes as long as the stagebox is set for 48K samplerate (not 96K), the latest Hub4/DP48 firmware is designed to work with the Midas stageboxes.
        • ·
        • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      TatsuyaNakamura I am a DP48 user.
      Used in v1.7

I'm curious about something.
      If you press the group button, then the PAN button, and when the display is in PAN, press the MIX A/B button, the display changes to Reverb.

When I press the group button again afterwards, it is very difficult to use, as it keeps moving to the Reverb button instead of going back to the PAN button.

The behavior of the MIX A/B button when you were pressing the PAN button just before is described as "The MIX A/B display appears in the lower right corner of the screen with the screen in the normal 1-12 display state. Or, "The screen returns to the state in which the PAN button was pressed. or "return to the state where the PAN button is pressed"?

As it is now, the response is not good by the time you try to adjust the PAN.
      I hope the operation response will improve in the future.
      • November 24, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I'm not sure where you got that last explanation. But it is no longer correct. It might have been that way a few firmware revisions ago. The Mix A/B button changes the screen to the overall mix (A or B) settings (limiter, reverb, etc.). When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.

Btw, a new firmware (1.8) has just been released.
        • November 24, 2020
        TatsuyaNakamura Hi Paul,Thanks for the reply! ” When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.” At this point, it's my understanding that I'm putting it in PAN mode.

The thing is, when in PAN mode, if you press the Mix button, the mode moves to something other than PAN, such as Comp or reverb. This is also understood.

Then, when you press the
        When I press the Group button, I'm still in reverb or Comp mode. I want this sequence of events to return me to the mode I was in just before I pressed the Mix button. 

I'm not sure I'm getting the point across.
        Sorry for the poor translation.

Used in v1.7 single mode.

I'll try v1.8 next time.
        • November 25, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I think you misunderstand the functionality of pressing one of the 12 group buttons and pressing one of the Mix buttons (A or B).

Pressing one of the 12 group buttons will allow you to adjust the settings of that particular group (EQ, compressor, reverb, pan). Pressing the same group button will exit that section back to the idle screen (normally showing the group list).

Pressing one of the group buttons, then one of the mix buttons (Mix A or Mix B) will allow you to adjust the settings (EQ, compressor, reverb) of that particular mix (A or B) which is the master mix of all 12 groups. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

Pressing one of the Mix buttons, then one of the settings buttons (Low, Mid, High, Comp, Reverb) will also allow you to adjust that particular mix setting. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

This is the way it is designed.
      • November 25, 2020
Go to page