Statistics

207,642 members
79,739 posts
  • Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-10
    With two Midas microphone preamps and internal 32 VFP-Processing, FLOW 8 joins the X32, X-Air and WING series of
    digital mixing consoles.

Whether you’re a singer, songwriter, small ensemble, teacher or presenter, gamer, podcaster or video blogger, producing at home or playing live in bars, café houses or in the streets, when practicing or performing… FLOW 8 will ensure impeccable audio quality and help you create amazing sound with ease.

Best of all – FLOW 8 Digital Mixers are available in our partner stores around the globe as of today!
    All for an amazing list price of 199 Euro.

read more...
    0 48
  • New
    MILTON
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-05

2 consoles

0 80
    • MILTON
      GaryHiggins Do you mean which is preferred...I'm more proficient on the M32 (which I love) but I think the Wing may be my #1 choice, it sounds amazing and gets better with each new firmware update. It is a GREAT mixer IMO. You can't go wrong with either though. The Wing uses the same preamps (Midas Pro) and outputs as the M32.
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON OK Gary, excuse-me... I from Brazil and I don't understand "IMO". Do you help me?
        • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        GaryHiggins Sorry, it means “in my opinion”
        • ·
        • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON Oh, ok Gary... thank you very much!!!?
        • November 5, 2020
    • MILTON
      DavidKnighton Really depends what you're up against. WING has tons of input capabilities compared to the M32. But then again, M32 has a full compliment of inputs right on the back. You'll need I/O to supplement the WING. I'd say both have their niche, really depends what kind of production you're running on any given day.
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON okay, depends of the job, 32 or 48 chanels...
        • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        DavidKnighton The 48 channels on the WING are stereo capable though. This translates to 96 possible inputs. For inputs like stereo keys, stereo playback, stereo guitar mic, stereo audience mics, etc. this is where the WING shines.
        • ·
        • November 6, 2020
    • MILTON
      phxaudiophile Really depends on the event. The M32 is great for hitting the ground running without a show file. It has a well defined work flow and easy to get from and initialized console to a working show file. The Wing on the other hand can take a bit more time to setup, but has so much flexibility with the source -> channel -> layout / bank design. I really love both these consoles. The M32 was my go to console, however now that the Wing has multi-band compressor my M32 is back in the road case (for now). You can't go wrong with either of these consoles. In the end it really comes down to personal preference. If you like to have a defined work flow the M32 is for you. M32 is also great for users who are not familiar with this console as it is very self explanatory. The Wing is very flexible, however that flexibility comes at a cost. It is not as easy to walk up to a Wing as a noob and get going with it. However I must say the later firmware releases for the Wing are improving this.
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON It's good>>>
        • November 5, 2020
    • MILTON
      Paul_Vannatto Why not get one of each :)
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON but if you would choose any, Which one would you choose?
        • November 6, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        Paul_Vannatto As others have mentioned, it depends on the events you are planning on supporting with sound. The majority of events I do, I use my 2 X32 Racks that I've had for over 6 years, since it provides a much quicker setup. The events I had lined up this year for the Wing were cancelled due to the pandemic. Since March I've done 3 events: one with my X32 Racks and 2 with my little MR12.
        • ·
        • November 6, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON Great Paul!!!
        • November 9, 2020
    • MILTON
      -mjk- I'm waiting for WINGReaperAutoMate :)
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32 or Wing?
        MILTON Very good
        • November 6, 2020
  • New
    dwighttheaker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hey guys,

The far left scribble strip on my new WING console is not working. The backlight is showing but I cannot see channels names and input numbers. It looks like a bad cable to me. Does anyone have any insight to this or a way to easily check to see if it's a bad connection on the inside?

read more...
    0 13
    • dwighttheaker
      KyleJohnson Hi Dwight, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I replied to your case that you submitted. I recommend that you do not try to open the console. This could result in damage or voiding of the manufacturers warranty.
      • October 30, 2020
  • New
    Patricus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Hi everyone,

I have a Behringer x32 Compact mixer with two SD16 units but have always been a bit overwhelmed by it's possibilities. The x32 mixer is connected to my PC running Ableton live via the X-USB interface.

When making music in Ableton, in order to achieve a tight synchronisation between the software & the hardware part of my home studio I have purchased the E-RM Multiclock.
    The multiclock uses audio sync that is being generated by a VST/UA plugin that comes with the Multiclock and is loaded in Ableton on a midi channel. The audio signal being generated in Ableton needs to be routed through my X32 compact mixer and into the audio input on the E-RM Mulitclock itself.

On my x32 I have the Aux Out 3 available that I would like to use to send the audio from Ableton out to the E-RM MUlticlock. I have several channels that are not in use on the x32, for instance channel 30 that I selected for the VST to send it's audio signal to (see below - screenshot 1).

So what I'm trying to achieve: send the audio signal generated by the VST in Ableton out to channel 30 of the x32 and forward that to the Aux Output #3. From there I will pick-up the signal with a jack cable and connect it physically to the E-RM Multiclock input.

I tried to configure the aux out 3 as pictured (see below - screenshot 2) to achieve this but the audio signal is not reaching aux out #3.

Can anyone help me to figure out which setting I need to change to route the audio signal successfully?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Patrick

read more...
    0 47
    • Patricus
      KyleJohnson Hi Patrick, Kyle with Music Tribe here. The Aux Out routing you have set will work as long as the signal is actually getting to Channel 30 on the mixer. Are you seeing the signal on channel 30? It could be input routing that is giving you trouble. On the Routing>Home menu, make sure the 4th column is set to Card 25-32 in order to get the signal from USB Out 30 from Ableton into Channel 30 on the X32. Then Select channel 30, and open the Home>Config page to ensure the Channel source is Card 30.
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Patrick, in addition to what Kyle mentioned, that X32 Routing, Aux Out screenshot seems to be an older firmware screen (late 2.x or early 3.x firmware). There was a bugfix regarding the Direct Outs in one of the firmware updates, but don't recall when. I would suggest you update your firmware to the latest (4.03).
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Patricus Hi Kyle & Paul, thank you both for your feedback. I do not think channel 30 is reaching the mixer so will be looking into the input routing like you suggested. I also checked my firware version: it's 3.07 atm so will be updating that as well. Once these are done I will report back any findings or questions.
      • October 29, 2020
    • Patricus
      Patricus Hi Kyle & Paul, thanks to your tips I now have a clock signal coming out of the Aux Out 3. Thanks a lot!
      • October 31, 2020
      • How to route audio from Ableton to the x32 Aux Out 3 channel?
        Paul_Vannatto Good to hear that you got it working Patrick
        • November 1, 2020
  • lpagross
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Is there some way to transmit all the mixer settings via the USB card. I want to automate the X32-Rack from Logic Pro but it would be useful if the mixing desks showed the same settings. I've got the screengrab settings in the setup page. I hoped that recalling a scene would make it transmit all the settings over MIDI, but that doesn't seem to work.

read more...
    0 18
    • lpagross
      DavidKnighton Hello Gordon Okafor-Ross,
      The USB Card will transmit Audio and Midi data only. If you want console control, you must use the ethernet interface. That being said, Logic will not control the mixer. Only the EDIT app will do that. The other mixers like the X32 and X32 Compact for example feature a DAW remote function that you can use with Logic, but since the X32Rack has no control surface, this feature is not available.
      • October 27, 2020
      • MIDI snapshot
        lpagross Logic does control the mixer, if I send out MIDI controller 17 on channel 1(if I set up the MIDI Control in the Setup screen, as shown in the screen grab) it controls the volume fader of channel 18, in fact I've got all the mutes & pans set up for all channels & they all work (see screen grab) but I can't get a snapshot of the X32-Rack's mixer settings via MIDI transmit. It's very frustrating.
        • October 27, 2020
      • MIDI snapshot
        Paul_Vannatto That is because you only have the Midi receive options selected on the Midi Control screen. Select the desired Midi Transmit options to have the X32 send appropriate midi commands to Logic.
        • ·
        • October 27, 2020
      • MIDI snapshot
        lpagross Hi Paul, if I have both Rx & Tx selected then a constant loop is established over MIDI, that's why there is only one selected at a time. Even with Tx selected the X32 Rack doesn't send a snapshot of the entire mixer, I have to choose each fader, each pan knob to send the correct info. Is there any way to send everything via MIDI?
        • November 3, 2020
      • MIDI snapshot
        Paul_Vannatto No there is not any way to do a dump of all settings via MIDI, Gordon. Please understand that MIDI is a secondary protocol from the M32/X32 perspective. The M32/X32 mother tongue is OSC (via ethernet UDP). If you want total control between the console and DAW, you need to switch to a DAW that is OSC compliant, such as Reaper and use an interface app such as Patrick's X32Automate (https://x32ram.com/)
        • ·
        • November 3, 2020
      • MIDI snapshot
        lpagross OK, that's what I needed to know :-)
        • November 3, 2020
  • Saif
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-22

Hello Kyle Johnson, this is saif here . I'm an electronic and sound engineer, studio designer and piano tuner I have midas M32 live and Midas M32R live . Unfortunately One SD card is broken installed in M32 Live and one SD card is corrupt installed in M32R live . I need to fix both consoles .I need your help . 

read more...
    0 18
    • Saif
      KyleJohnson Hello Muhammad, could you please contact us through the Support link at the top of the page? Click on Support, then scroll down and click on Technical Support or Service to submit a ticket.
      • October 22, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-17

Can someone explain how I assign FX to a channel? For example say I want this FX assigned to channel 2 preamp.  Thanks 

0 23
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison In most cases, you would send a signal on bus 14 from channel 2. Busses 13-16 are setup to send signal to FX 1-4 by default. The returns (from these four effects) are sent back to the main (LR) bus. If you want to add reverb to channel 2, push the "FX 2" button (as shown in the picture. Now Raise channel 2 fader until it sounds good to you. If you raise channel 3 fader, that channels signal will be send to the reverb as well. Press the FX 2 button again and you're now back to the Main (LR) mix.
      If you want to insert an effect in the channel, that's a different procedure but I wouldn't do that for reverb.
      • October 17, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I have the FX2 selected as seen in pic and raised channel 2 fader but not hearing it. Am I missing something?
      • October 17, 2020
      • Help with FX
        DaveMorrison Yes. You are missing something. I forgot to attach the picture : ( . This will make a lot more sense now. If you mixer is mostly in it's default state, pushing the "FX 2" button (shown in the screenshot) and raising channel 2 fader will work. [NOTE: the button maybe labeled something else—push the button that is the same location] But the Bus 14's Send and Return fader must be up for this to work.
        Pushing the "FX 2) button puts you into a Send-On-Fader mode. This will enable you to send varying amounts of signal from any of the channels to Bus 14 (which then feeds FX2).
        If you have a problem, you can post your current scene file on Dropbox (or equivalent) and we can look at it for you (just post the link).
        • October 18, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Does this look right? I pressed “sends on faders” then went to 14 which is FX2 and turned up volume on channel 2 which I want the reverb on. Still not hearing the reverb but I think this is at least part of the way there?
      • October 18, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok so I was able to get the reverb onto the channel I wanted however there is a loss of volume so I may have inserted instead of side chained but not sure. I followed this article to do it. https://dbbaudio.com/2017/behringer-x32-effects-tutorial-inserting-effect/
      • October 18, 2020
      • Help with FX
        DaveMorrison Check the Channel 2's Details tab. As long as the "Insert" button is not active, you haven't inserted anything. Go to the "FX 1L-2R" bank and ensure that FX2's fader is at 0 dB.
        • October 18, 2020
      • Help with FX
        DaveMorrison You look at the FX's main page and see if it has been inserted. FYI, X32-Edit hasn't been updated for a long while. It can still function as a mixer, but the routing portion doesn't match firmware 4. I won't use X32-Mix for routing. Only X32-Edit (for computers) or Mixing Station.
        • October 18, 2020
  • Samuel89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

i'm using X32 digital console.

I set Bus out as a Pre fader. But when i mute channels, the BUS OUT also has been muted.

Can I use BUS OUT always ON-AIR whether the channel mute or not?

read more...
    0 30
    • Samuel89
      RexBeckett Hi Samuel. When you mute a channel, it also mutes the sends to Mixbuses. So using a Pre-fader tap from the Mixbus to the output does not help. One solution is to assign the channels to a DCA Group and mute that. This will mute the channels in the Main mix but does not mute the channel sends to Mixbuses -provided DCA Groups is not checked on Setup -> Mixer -> Mute System.
      • October 14, 2020
  • christianfrausto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

I just bought X32 Producer and download the latest firmware (4.03) also download X32 App and I can't connect the app with my mixer. I tried to restart my Mac and didn't work. I restart my mixer and anything happens. It only says that I need to get the latest firmware for my mixer which I already did. (Firmware 4.03)

Really need help!!!!

read more...
    0 35
    • christianfrausto
      KendellWelchII I notice that your X32 Edit software indicates that you have two IP addresses on your client machine. The first is an invalid address (didn't get DHCP correctly is the usual cause.) You might try disabling the network adapter on your client that has the invalid address.
      • October 13, 2020
    • christianfrausto
      Paul_Vannatto The app you are using is version 3.2 (Setup, Connection screen, bottom right corner). For firmware 4.03 you need to use version 4.1 of the app.
      • October 13, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

So my neighbor is complaining the bass from my speakers is too loud when I'm using my iPhone to play music from it, hence I started learning about EQ but still new at it.

I went into the Aux channel and adjusted the Gain down for the Low.  It worked but I guess general question is does it matter what frequency I adjusted it on and also set the width as max to cover the most low frequencies as I could.  Does that make sense?

read more...
    0 33
    • Mike7300
      KendellWelchII Try a LO CUT on EQ 1 (the channel you're adjusting. ) It will gradually remove all bass as shown on the screen. You'll probably want to adjust it starting around 300 and ending around 80, but you'll definitely hear the difference in your speakers, so....
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 It doesn’t seem to let me adjust Low Cut as an option, maybe because it’s an Aux input rather than a preamp?
      • October 13, 2020
      • Turning down bass on a channel
        KendellWelchII Oh. Of course. Duh. You need to do it on your Output Bus (Bus 1-8, Bus 9-16 or Mix-Main,) not your Input Forgive the oversight...I've never tried to LO CUT an input Aux, and it wouldn't make much sense to do so. I'd even out your input channel and change your output Bus with a LO CUT.
        • October 13, 2020
        KendellWelchII It shouldn't matter what your input is...your neighbor is complaining about the output.
        • October 13, 2020
        KendellWelchII Although I just tried it in M-Air, and I can definitely LO CUT an input, so you might check your version.
        • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 The thing is I don’t want to be losing bass with vocal mics or acoustic guitar, basically when my band plays so that’s why i wasn’t going to turn down bass on the output. I only want it to come down with the music played from my iPhone which is connected to Aux In.
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      KevinMaxwell I assume that this is on an X32 and you are using a 2 Aux channels for the phone playback. The Aux channels don’t have a Low cut available in them but the regular channels do. If you have any spare channels you can assign the Aux jacks to be the inputs for 2 regular channels like 31&32 and use them to control your phone playback and use the low cut on 31&32 to cut out the low end more. Just be sure to change the source on the Aux channels that you were using to off so you don’t accidentally bring the phone up in 2 different places. And then you can assign channels 31/32 to a DCA and have volume control of the Phone playback with a little bit easier access. Or if it is a full size X32 you can use one of the user assigned knobs to control the phone playback. I hope this helps.
      • October 14, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto The Aux channels do not have a dedicated low cut. But any of the 4 PEQ bands can be configured as a low cut.
      • October 14, 2020
Go to page