Statistics

305,512 members
189,821 posts
  • New
    rongrandia
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-10-11

I am beating my brains trying to figure out why I can't get more than 8 REC channels to show up in windows. 

I have several digital sources that need to be routed through the mixer: 2 DJ apps, Spotify, Vlan, etc. I know how to get them into the mixer from Dante Via, but Windows will only show me channels 1-8, so I can't get them all in. 

Latest firmware, latest drivers, duplicated issue in two machines, one of them with a virgin install of Windows.

What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

read more...
    0 10
    • rongrandia
      Paul_Vannatto Windows (WDM) drivers only allows 4 pairs of inputs. The only way around that limit (in Windows) is to use the XR18 ASIO drivers (from Music-Tribe) or use Dante VIA or dump Windows and install linux instead (which I did nearly 3 years ago). Unfortunately most Windows apps (eg. Spotify, VLan, etc.) are not ASIO compatible.
      • Oct 10
  • New
    OliverATX
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-24

Hello All!

I hope everyone is doing great!

In setting up my X32 (still very new to it) I came across an issue I would appreciate some help on.

Scenario is as follows:

Bass cabinet with 1/4 TRS OUT is going into DI BOX. DI BOX with 1/4 TRS OUT is going into X32 1/4 TRS AUX IN port 2.

I have setup X32 routing as follows:

#1) USER IN: Mapping Aux In 1-6 to Inputs 17-22 (screenshot 1)
    #2) INPUTS: Channel 17-24 > User In (17-24) (screenshot 2)

My question is around #2. For the last gig I had NOT selected User In (17-24), but left it at the default, which was just AES50-A 1-8, I believe. Everything worked fine and I adjusted levels, EQ, etc. in the AUX FX section (screenshot 3). When looking at the mixer channels 1-32 view, there was no signal registered at Input 18, I only saw the signal in the AUX FX section on Aux 2 (as expected based on the routing selection in #1.

After selecting User In (17-24) in #2 I now can see the bass signal register in the 1-32 mixer view on Ch 18 (screenshot 4).

Questions:

A) Is this the correct way to do AUX routing at all?
    B) If #2 is selected, I now have the option to change MIC pre input sensitivity (or EQ) either in the AUX section (Aux 2) or in the 1-32 mixer view on CH 18, or both. What is the recommended way?

Thank you!

Oliver

Screenshot 1)

Screenshot 2)

Screenshot 3)

Screenshot 4)

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    dwdata2000
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-08-12
    I am using a remote control called "Mixing Station" to control my Behringer XR18.

The app allow you to define your own UI to your taste. I have 3 buttons on my MAIN UI that trigger Mute Groups 1-3.
    when they are selected, they illuminate to a brighter color indicating where they selected.

I am trying to save a snapshot that will restore the STATE of those buttons. What I am saving is in the screenshot attached.
    What other snapshot parameter button needs to be selected to pick-up the Mute Groups controls?

In these snapshots I only want to save:
    1) mutes on FX1,FX2,FX3,FX4
    2) state of the button that controls MuteGroups 1-3

The reason I am creating these snapshots is because I want to trigger them during performances with a midi foot pedal (CC). I am a bass player and also run front of house. I need these snapshots to be minimal (just muting effects and indicating MuteGroup's state. I am continually tweaking our MIX, EQ, etc... during our shows, so I absolutely need other settings to be unaffected.

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 21
    • dwdata2000
      Paul_Vannatto When you save a snapshot, it saves all settings. What you are looking for are snippet functionality, which the X-Air consoles do not support. Only the X32/M32 has that functionality at this point. The screenshot you are showing are the snapshot recall scope and really won't do what you want to do. To control mutegroups using midi, this is accomplished using CC chan 2 36-39 for mutegroups 1.4 respectively. See X-Air Midi documentation here:
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_midi
      • Aug 12
  • New
    scoddy
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-07-08

Hi everyone.

I created several channel presets so I can make a scene with only a few clicks in under 2 minutes. Very helpful :)

My problem is, that the WARNING popup appears everytime I load a preset via Ipad with +48V power switched on, if +48V was turned off before loading. When I set up a scene with my IPad front of stage with a X32 Rack on stage, I have to walk to the mixer to confirm the warning, or have to turn the +48V on manually. The WARNING popup also apperas when I load a channel preset directly on the mixer. When I load a channel preset with the X32 Edit Software, the popup doesn't appear. That means there must be a way to turn this warning off.

Is there a possibility to deactivate this WARNING popup?

Best regards,

Scoddy

read more...
    0 98
    • scoddy
      Dale_M This is a protection design so that you don't blast +48v down a line that does not need it and damage what is at the other end, it may be better to save a scene and recall it rather than using the preset.
      • Jul 8
    • scoddy
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that you go to the Setup, config screen and deselect the General in the Popup Prefs section (left side)
      • Jul 8
      • Behringer X32 "Activate +48V on current channel ?"
        scoddy I've already tried this. It has no effect on the +48V Warning.
        • Jul 8
    • scoddy
      Paul_Vannatto That is odd that it only appears when you enable phantom from the iPad app. I use X32 Edit and Mixing Station and frequently enable phantom when required and have never encountered this popup. Mixing Station is also available for the iPad (and is a far superior app IMO).
      • Jul 8
  • New
    EMDS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-06

Hello,
    We need a power supply for the x32 Rack which has actually been whistling in the power supply since it was new.
    supposedly these are now revised ?
    how do we get parts?

0 10
  • New
    Zuurg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-10

Hello,

I'm using Mix Bus 5&6 (linked) to send audio to the XLR inputs of a Zoom Q8 camera.  I'd like to be able to apply the onboard reverb (FX1 Bus 13) to some of the vocal channels.  I tried setting the send on 5&6 for the channel to Post Fader and having the FX1 send set to Pre Fader, but the signal being sent to the camera is still dry.

What am I doing wrong?

read more...
    0 17
    • Zuurg
      Paul_Vannatto You don't want to send the FX sends signals (which are the dry pre-processed signals). You want to send the FX returns (on the Aux FX bank - eg. FX1L/FX1R, etc.)
      • May 10
  • New
    serviceman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-29

Hi,

I am working with a system that was setup by someone who is no longer available.  I would like some assistance routing a MixBus 4 to Aux Out 5/6 rca jacks for streaming via a pc.  Under routing and the Aux Output tab, I see the six balanced outputs and I'm hoping that the AES/EBU L&R are those outputs.  I have attached a screenshot of the routing.  Can you please verify that this is done correctly.  If there is an easier way please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 28
    • serviceman
      Paul_Vannatto No the RCA jacks are hardwired with the 1/4" jacks (Aux Out 5/6). So you would assign Mixbus 4 to Aux Out 5 and 6. You do realize that all mixbuses are mono in nature. If you are wanting stereo output, you would need to stereo link two adjacent mixbuses (in odd/even pairs - eg. mixbus 3/4), then assign the odd mixbus to Aux Out 5 and the even mixbus to Aux Out 6.
      • Apr 29
      • X32 firmware 3.2
        serviceman Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
        • Apr 29
    • serviceman
      EricSimmers I’ve got a Behringer A800 amp, I purchased speakon connectors that are NL4, are the connectors on the amp NL2 or NL4?
      • Apr 29
  • New
    rhialto11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

XLR Input 7 on my Midas M32R is suddenly showing a constant signal with nothing connected, pic attached. I updated to the latest firmware, did a factory reset, tried reseating the USB card, cleared every routing, etc. etc. Does anyone know what might be causing it and whether it's possible for me to fix it? Maybe opening the unit and cleaning it? Unfortunately it's out of warranty at this point. Any help greatly appreciated. 

read more...
    0 37
    • rhialto11
      Paul_Vannatto What source (on config screen) is assigned to Channel 7?
      • Feb 5
      • Midas M32R - one XLR input shows signal with nothing connected
        rhialto11 Xlr input 7. It's just the default factory routing. I also just discovered that a low cut filter removes the signal, but the meters still show the spurious signal pre-eq. And I tested a mic and the input is still working, it's just got that weird low frequency noise on it.
        • Feb 5
    • rhialto11
      Paul_Vannatto I had that happen on a couple of inputs of my MR18. I blew the XLR jacks out with compressed air and that seemed to do the trick. Try it.
      • Feb 5
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-05

I have a condenser mic (AKG p220) set up in the front of the room and the X32 Compact sound console is 50 ft away in the back of the room. The room is empty except for me and my helper friend. When we talk loudly in the back of the room the mixer shows -60 db on the channel strip, so it is registering some noise, as we expect. But the spectrum view shows all sorts of stuff going on, much of it above 0db up to +10 or +20db. So we don't know which one to trust or if they maybe not showing the same thing?

Mixer Screen

Channel Strip

read more...
    0 28
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto The difference is due to the fact that you have the autogain set on the RTA.
      • November 5, 2021
      • X32 gain settings
        DanielThompson Are you saying the RTA will raise ambient noise to a nominal level for display purposes only?
        • November 5, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      DanielThompson Are you saying the RTA will raise ambient noise to a nominal level for display purposes only?
      • November 5, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, if the autogain is set on (on the console - Meters, RTA screen - 4th encoder, on X32-Edit - Utility, RTA). If the autogain is off, you can set the RTA gain (from 0 - 60 db)
      • November 5, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      DanielThompson Then the scale to the left of the graph REALLY ought to display the level it's detecting. Showing a level of +10 or +20 db for what is actually ambient noise or perhaps even the noise floor of the system... well you know where I'm going with this.
      • November 5, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto The RTA is designed to show frequency response, not gain levels. That is what the channel strip meters are designed for.
      • November 6, 2021
  • New
    RichOrdell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-02

I am trying to transfer the entire contents of one X32 rack to another one, but I am lost when it comes to the "Export Show" function.  

I insert the USB drive, hit SCENES, to to the first tab, hit UTILITY, and then export show.  Then this screen comes up and I have no idea how to proceed.  Pressing the export button on the right does nothing.  Am I supposed to specifiy a file name or something?

Thanks

read more...
    0 101
    • RichOrdell
      Paul_Vannatto Before you hit Utility button, make sure the show has a name (bottom right corner of the Cues screen). From that screenshot you provided, press the 6th encoder (Export).
      • October 2, 2021
      • X32 - Export show to USB issues
        RichOrdell

I am still missing something here. This is the screen under SCENES

• October 3, 2021
        RichOrdell

and this is the SCENES screen after pressing UTILITY. I am not finding where you can name the show on either screen

• October 3, 2021
        RichOrdell Any ideas, Paul?
        • October 5, 2021
    • RichOrdell
      RichOrdell

Great! I will check that out tonight.

• October 2, 2021
    • RichOrdell
      Paul_Vannatto Evidently they changed the screens on the console. Since I mostly use the X32 Rack, I rarely use that screen. Instead I use X32-Edit. For the console screen, insert a USB stick in the USB (at the top), goto the Cues screen (which you are showing as Scenes screen), click on the Utility button, press encoder 6. Then it will show a screen where you can name the show.
      • October 5, 2021
Go to page