Statistics

294,591 members
177,702 posts
  • New
    thegil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-02

I used my old SCF yesterday, but today it suddenly has no effect and is only passing the dry signal. The LED still moves to the rate of the Speed knob, and the Input Gain still works. The Intensity still works, too, e.g., when turned fully CW in P.M. mode, it even reduces the dry signal to almost nothing, as it should.

So the pedal isn't dead. But no chorus, pitch modulation, or flanger effects are being produced. Please help. 

read more...
    0 3
    • thegil
      NicJonesMT Hi Thegil.
      Your best option would be to send this to one of our Approved service partners for inspection.
      You can find a full list at the following link:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html?type=POS

Due to the Age of the original SCF, the service partners may not have access to parts or be able to repair this. Again if you contact them directly they will be able to advise you further.
      • Aug 2
  • New
    UKSlinger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-08

I notice that the quick start guides for the Dreamscape, and several other TC Electronic pedals I've got, quote the power input as 9v >100ma.

Does that mean 100ma is actually OK, or should I really be using a 9v/300ma supply, or even 9v/500ma for optimum performance?

Paul.

read more...
    0 8
    • UKSlinger
      WilliamR Anything 100mA or higher should work just fine.
      • Jul 8
      • Power for my Dreamscape
        UKSlinger Thanks for the reply. I've ordered a Mosky ISO-10 power supply, so every pedal on the board will be getting at least 300ma
        • Jul 11
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2022-06-16

SCF GOLD SE
    https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0EBG

Learn More: https://youtu.be/DEr78mSADeI

Builds on a true Bucket Brigade Device circuitry in order to maintain that delicious retro tone that we simply didn’t find any reason to tamper with. This Special Edition of the revamped SCF pedal has a truly golden appearance that will – quite literally – outshine any other pedal on your board.

#TCElectronic #SCFGOLDSE #Guitar #Bass #Effects #Pedals

read more...
    2 11
  • New
    oca39
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Hi,

It would be great to be able to link certain effects that would turn on or off together.
    For example, the Fx Loop could be linked to the effects that follow it. So you could have a clean sound with a compressor and reverb, and by engaging the Fx loop, you could have your external distortion pedal plus delay and flanger following it.
    So to sum up: the fx loop would be an on/off of the effects that follow it.

Regards,
    Olivier

read more...
    1 30
    • oca39
      PedroRodrigues Hi oca39, thank you for your post, I will forward your suggestion to our Dev. Team for analysis, nevertheless you have a workaround where you can toggle pairs of FX at once using MIDI or create sort of scenes for your board. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • May 31
    • oca39
      oca39 Thank you for your reply. I don't use MIDI at all, I'll do some research, but an integrated solution would be great.
      Do you have a video or a midi tutorial?

A second idea concerning the "on/off links" between effects:
      You can place several loopers on the plethora. Linking 2 loopers would make it possible to use the first normally and to stop it by clicking on the second which could launch directly afterwards (sorry for my Google trad English). It would allow you to switch from one looper to another separately to use different riffs.
      • May 31
    • oca39
      TC-Mike thx for the additional feedback. we filed it as a feature request for consideration. the Looper feature you mention exists on the Ditto X4 looper (serial mode)
      • Jun 1
      • Plethora X5 request
        oca39 Thanks,
        I replaced my Ditto x2 with the plethora. As it has the looper function, it would be great to have it in serial mode.
        • Jun 1
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-26

PLETHORA X3
    https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0EB4

Learn More: https://youtu.be/lLFVbJVetGg

Your flexible collection of up to 127 mini boards within your pedalboard – just like the original PLETHORA X5. Regardless of whether you prefer your signal to flow from left to right or vice versa, PLETHORA X3 can be set up to fit your logic.

#TCElectronic #PLETHORAX3 #Guitar #Bass #Effects #Pedals

read more...
    1 11
    • TC Electronic
      jvp21 Very cool - will this be coming with another firmware update as well?
      • May 27
    • TC Electronic
      tubedriver42 hi, can the Plethora X3 be manually loaded with acoustic IRs in the Cab Sim section?
      • Jun 24
      • TC Electronic New Product Release: PLETHORA X3
        PedroRodrigues Hi tubedriver42, thank you for your post, you can only use the IRs in the Cab Sim section although we will add new ones in the future. I hope this helps
        • Jul 16
  • New
    SaucePOUTINE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-27

Hi, I've been trying to get my pedal serviced or refunded since the 17th of january. Representative (Matt Smith) has told me that my refund would be processed when I shipped the pedal and then didn't answer with shipping info; I then posted here and was told the refund would go ahead without me shipping it back, and to wait for confirmation, I shouldn't even have had to write again; one month and several replies later, I have not heard back from him. I am extremely tired of dealing with this and cannot understand how Matt could have missed my dozen replies over four different means of communication. Please let me know what is going on with this service ticket.

read more...
    0 23
    • SaucePOUTINE
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle from Music Tribe here. I will follow up with Matt on your case asap.
      • Apr 27
    • SaucePOUTINE
      SaucePOUTINE

Hello Kyle, I have not yet heard from Matt. This will soon become a small claims case for failure to honor a warranty.

• May 5
      • Customer Service Black hole for faulty TC Electronic Sub n' Up Octaver
        PedroRodrigues Hi SaucePOUTINE , thank you for your post, I'm sorry for this situation, can you please confirm if this matter has been managed? .Thank you
        • May 19
  • New
    SaucePOUTINE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-24

Hi,

My TC Electronic Sub n Up Octaver failed within warranty period. Contact customer service and after long delay, they answered and offered refund to apologize for the delay. They advised me to package the pedal and send them the box measurements, which I did. Have written back about ten times since, they never answered back. What is this and what am I supposed to do?

read more...
    1 18
    • SaucePOUTINE
      WilliamR Hello, I looked at your case and there doesn't seem to be any replies to the email sent to you on the 16th of Feb. I've advised the agent to contact you directly as soon as he gets in. We will have this sorted for you.
      • Mar 24
    • SaucePOUTINE
      SaucePOUTINE

The agent has contacted me and things seem like they will be sorted. Appreciated!

• Mar 24
    • SaucePOUTINE
      SaucePOUTINE

The agent wrote last friday and I have replied many times since then but it seems like he still might not be getting my answers. Not sure what the issue is here but please let the agent know to go ahead with the process and e-mail me with any further info.

• Mar 30
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2022-02-17

IMPULSE IR LOADER
    bit.ly/TC-Electronic-IMPULSE-IR-LOADER

Learn More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRY1f97Zgro

Meet IMPULSE, our first IR loader and Cab Sim pedal. Together with Celestion Speakers we’re taking the complexity out of working with impulse response files.

#TCElectronic #IMPULSEIRLOADER #Guitar #Bass #Effects #Delay #Pedal

read more...
    1 76
    • TC Electronic
      enricomossa Is there a full manual? I’m looking to see if I can connect via the speaker out to the impulse input for multi channel amp (no need for speaker load)
      • Feb 20
    • TC Electronic
      MaSka72 Hello, is possible to use Headphones plugged into the Out of Impulse IR Loader? Obvious reason is to practice with my pedalboard with tube pre-amp included and Impulse IR Loader Cab simulator at the end of pedals chain silently. Thx.
      • Mar 10
      • TC Electronic New Product Release: IMPULSE IR LOADER
        MaSka72 If not possible or sound will be only mono on one side of headphones only - can you advise please how to best play my pedalboard with pre-amp on the beginning and Impulse IR Loader at the end of pedalboard chain? Thanks for help.
        • Mar 10
    • TC Electronic
      YuroTCimpulse

Mine locks on the computer icon at startup and doesn´t work. There is no manual, update or reset procedure

• Mar 13
    • TC Electronic
      flab Has anyone been able to get the software "Impulse App" to work? I've seen reported (and experienced myself) that the software can't detect the pedal at all. On macOS, Impulse App 1.1.0
      • Mar 21
    • TC Electronic
      mojozart I'm here because the Getting Started guide at tcelectronic.com says the full manual is here.
      • Apr 19
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2022-02-04
    Welcome the Master of Repetition – the BUCKET BRIGADE ANALOG DELAY.
    The fourth and awesome new entry to our compact range.

Check out the video here:
    https://youtu.be/04KX7ULWfT8

#TCElectronic #BUCKETBRIGADEANALOGDELAY #Guitar #Bass #Effects #Delay #Pedal
    read more...
    1 26
  • New
    JIMIR2D2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-04

Hello,

I'm trying to update the firmware of my TC Electronic Flashback 2 delay pedal, on an Apple MacBook Pro.

Unfortunately, I keep getting a pop-up alert saying:

"FirmwareUpdater" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This needs to be updated.

Contact the developer for more information.

I've added a screenshot of the message too.

Please let me know if anyone else has come across this problem and found the solution.

Many thanks in advance,
    J

read more...
    0 27
    • JIMIR2D2
      PedroRodrigues Hi JIMIR2D2, thank you for your post, this is a matter of how you preferences are set up and if you wish to overcome this matter you can do the following : Go to macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and make sure that the option for "Allow apps downloaded from" is set to "App Store and identified developers." Thank you
      • Feb 4
Go to page