Statistics

289,863 members
172,427 posts
  • ThomasJungi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

Hello.
    I will use the TC-Helicon voicelive touch2 as an audio interface. In the technical specification is written that the VLT2 has a 24 bit DA/AD. There exists no asio driver for the VLT2 so I have to use the asio4all driver. It works with this driver. But the asio4all tells me that the input and output has only 16 bit DA/AD. How can I achieve that the asio driver will work with 24 Bit for the VLT2?
    Thank you  for your support.
    Thom

asio4all-vlt2.jpg

read more...
    0 291
    • ThomasJungi
      KenMitchell

Hi @ThomasJungi , 

I suspect the 24 bit AD/DA is referring to the internal processing and not the USB audio interface.  I can't find anything in the documentation that specifies the USB audio spec.   44.1-48k, 16bit is CD quality which should be fine for most applications.  I only use high bitrates when I know I'm going to be doing some precision editing of the audio.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 26, 2020
  • Mido
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-15
    • Mido
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Mido!

The picture you posted is the voicelive 3's tone menu! The tone section uses adaptive eq and compression to work a bunch of magic and make your voice sound better. A good default setting is to set tone to "on" and leave shape, compress, and de-ess around 50%.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• July 16, 2019
  • TomHigginsom
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-28

Hi,

Anyone has a good advice?
    I bougth this unit a year ago, and now when I am IMG_20190628_150208.jpgswitching on, it turns off and on again, then shows the window message as on the pic.

What should I do?

IMG_20190628_150208.jpg
    read more...
    0 420
    • TomHigginsom
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TomHigginsom,
      Please get in contact with our support team, they'll be able to troubleshoot with you and discuss repairs if necessary.  Good luck!

• June 28, 2019
    • TomHigginsom
      lana22

Chuck the device and find a different f/x processor from a different company.

It appears there is no fix for this and Music Tribe has scrubbed all the old forum posts about it.

From my experience with my VoiceTouch 2, this blue/white screen issue is a random occurance. For me, it self-resolved, and now it's happened again and I can't fix it. 

• July 8, 2019
    • TomHigginsom
      DennisDubeau

A very lucky guess is that it looks like a contrast misadjustment... If the unit is out of warranty and if it was very impractical to have it serviced by a certified TC Helicon tech.. Before using the unit as a paper weight, I'd open the unit and try to locate a small potentiometer very close to the display.. I'd turn it a very slight bit, power up carefully and see if anything improves at all...

Good luck.

PS: I am a tech myself but in no way connected to TC Helicon other than owning a unit myself. No issues so far.

• August 1, 2019
    • TomHigginsom
      PureWinter

Hi Tom,

I have been gigging with VL3x for about 3 years now and this has happened to me twice. It's probably that the SD card become unseated. Fortunatly during rehersal or sound check. So the show went on. 

If you unit is out of warrenty and you are somewhat of a handy person there are many video's online that can show you how to fix it. 

video link of many.  blob:https://www.youtube.com/71fe5c17-c850-4251-a5ed-1e2b70a3d62a

I have done it twice. I love my unit but this seems to be a common problem that TC Helicon should be addressing when if they ever update the unit. I hope they do because I'd love them to add midi mix control and more I.O. options. Non the less it has been working great for me so far.

Good luck.

• August 1, 2019
Go to page