Statistics

306,237 members
190,607 posts
  • New
    hansmj4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-20

Hi, I am a new user of the voicelive play and trying to work out the key and harmony settings. I saw the 6th Nov post with the harmonies chart but am still confused with the differences in the 3rd and 5th changes marked on there and how to input some of the settings.

A couple of queries I am looking for answers to:

1. In general when setting keys for a song, the key settings only show major or #. So if e.g. I sing in Eb do I then set the corresponding D# key on the normal harmony menu? Or keep it at E? My thinking was D#.

2. What does the 'no change' in the advanced chart mean? Does this mean no change from the keys highlighted under C for 3rd and 5th?

3. Why are some of the 3rd and 5th keys different to the usual chord progressions (I am not advanced in chords, still learning). Also for Bb Maj and Min are all the same?

Then some examples to see if I have this right:

Example 1:

1. Song is in Ebm so first I set my key in the harmony menu as D# (see above query)

2. I then enter advanced menu and select Min 1, 2 or 3 as for Eb they are all the same 3rd en 5th keys.

Example 2:

1. Song is in Dm, I set my key in the harmony menu as D

2. In advanced menu, select Min 1 or 2/3 whichever I prefer sound wise as 1 is different to 2 and 3?

Appreciate any help with this so I can get this right. If there is any further documentation explaining this or video? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    jmcubo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-15

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to update the firmware of my Voicelive Play using VoiceSupport2 but halfway through the process it failed. Now the device won't boot, the screen is blue and nothing else is showing.

The first thing I've tried is to use VoiceSupport again to update the firmware again. But I always get the message "VoiceLive is being used by another application." I have tried on several computers, 2 PCs and a Mac but the message is always the same. I have also tried booting windows in safe mode but no luck.

The next thing I did was search the forums and found that some people had flashed the firmware using MIDI-OX instead of the application provided by TC-HELICON. I verified that VoiceSupport2 had downloaded the following files to windows AppData:
    VoiceLive Play 1.3.00 Build65.syx
    VoiceLive Play 1.4.00 Build70.syx
    So I tried to copy them with MIDI-OX. During the progress, the VoiceLive seems to do something because all the lights are flashing, but when the unit is finished it's still the same, with the blue screen.

Please can someone help me? I want my Voicelive back :(

Thank you very much in advance!

read more...
    0 9
    • jmcubo
      PedroRodrigues Hi jmcubo, thank you for your post, in this case you must perform the VoiceLivePlay RECOVERY SYSEX process following the guidance and tools I have uploaded for you. Please follow every steps described to guarantee this process is successful. https://wsi.li/dl/dtWuac4htn8ZwwxfT/ Thank you
      • Nov 16
    • jmcubo
      jmcubo

I haven't been able to solve the problem yet, could you help me please?

• Nov 21
      • TC-HELICON Voicelive Play Blue Screen
        PedroRodrigues Hi jmcubo, thank you for your reply, if you have followed the guidance present on the link above and you still face the same issue originally described, this might indicate that your VoiceLivePlay is not operating as it should and should be inspected to access what is causing this behaviour. To request assistance for your unit please follow the link below: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support I hope this helps. Thank you
        • ·
        • Nov 28
  • New
    Reeaum
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-01

I have a cracked LCD screen on my Voicelive touch 2. I've contacted all 7 service centers that are listed on this site but none have the replacement LCD screen for this unit. Does anyone know of a supplier or service center where I can get the screen fixed? Any help would be very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

My ticket number is: CAS-631089-N5Z0N6 

read more...
    0 10
    • Reeaum
      Reeaum If I could just get the replacement LCD part, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a repair shop to install it.
      • Nov 1
    • Reeaum
      Dale_M I will escalate the ticket to the relevant team.
      • Nov 2
    • Reeaum
      Reeaum THANK YOU Dale_M!!!
      • Nov 2
  • New
    markopetteri
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-10-15

Anyone else seen this on their Voicelive 2? Sometimes when I start the unit with usb connected, the screen becomes distorted/garbled. What can be the issue? 

It seems as if everything is working on the unit when this happems. But it is impossible to navigate and make changes in a meaningful way during this. 

I haven't seen it happen without the usb connected. 

read more...
    0 15
    • markopetteri
      WilliamR This looks like a hardware issue that may need to be serviced. If you have already tried reinstalling the firmware in the voice support 2 app and this has not resolved the issue, please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket, and someone will get in contact with you ASAP.
      • Oct 16
  • New
    groshat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-05
    Hello,
    I downloaded and installed version 1.1.02 for mac of voicesupport 2, and now it gives me the following message: The application “VoiceSupport2” can’t be opened.
    and also this message: “VoiceSupport2” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin.
    What could be the problem ? 
    I downloaded the app from the official TC Helicon website.
    read more...
    0 6
    • groshat
      WilliamR We have recently posted The latest mac build on the website and should no longer have any issues. It should install without warning about malware having any issues launching.
      • Oct 5
  • New
    Jeffbonilla
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-29

I recently pulled out my voice live one to practice for a live gig. It's been about ten years since last used it. It fired up and the digital display is working properly but I'm not getting any output or signal. I've tried it on a PA system, amplifier and even garage band. All of these worked before but maybe my set up is wrong since it has been ten years. Mic goes into xlr input and the xlr out is what goes into the amp or daw interface and guitar can run through the guitar input right?  am missing a step or plugging into the wrong place? 

read more...
    0 6
    • Jeffbonilla
      kiskadar69 This is a VoiceLive Touch.

1. When you sing into the microphone, does the LED on the front panel flash green? If not, try adjusting the Input Level Control pot on the side (there's a "mic" picture next to it).
      2. If you have a condenser mic, you'll need to turn on the phantom power in VoiceLive Touch.
      3. Do you hear any signal at the TRS OUT L and R connectors?

Manuals: https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DLT
      • Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      Jeffbonilla

Thank you I will try those suggestions

• Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      Jeffbonilla

I think it’s broken. It’s not even picking up the guitar.

• Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      kiskadar69 4. PERFORMING A RESET
      You can return all setup, preset and Favorite values to factory values in one reset operation.This cannot be undone. To reset all:
      4.1. Power up
      4.2. When the version number is shown in the display hold the Bass, Low and the top Octave harmony voicing buttons until you see “Factory Init”.
      4.3. Release.

5. "it’s not even picking up the guitar": if you plug the guitar into GUITAR IN, is GUITAR THRU completely silent?

6. Are you using the correct power supply (12VDC, center negative, minimum 1A)?
      • Sep 30
  • New
    yogigiyo08
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-27

in my voicelive play, my firmware version is: 1.5.00 B74. when I check on voicesupport2 software, firmware update on 1.4.00 build 70. should I downgrade?

0 13
    • yogigiyo08
      yogigiyo08 onmy voice support 2 software
      • Sep 27
    • yogigiyo08
      kiskadar69 If you have the blue VoiceLive Play effect and the current v1.5.00 Build 74 works properly (e.g. no guitar effect settings), I don't think you should downgrade.
      • Sep 28
  • New
    orpheus70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-21

Ayuda por favor!!!como conectar a ordenador!!!He probado con 2 ordenadores diferentes.......nada.....todo igual

read more...
    1 5
  • New
    Jesuton5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-20

Hi all, 

I have not been able to find any definitive instructions for midi program changes to link my VoiceLive 3 Extreme to my Widi Master. 

Midi signals are definitely being sent by Bandhelper, confirmed by Midi Log. 

The Widi Master is definitely receiving the Midi signal, confirmed by blinking LED. 

The Widi Master also blinks when I press buttons on the VL so not a Widi Master issue. 

Midi Wrench also confirms that the Midi signals are being sent and received by Widi Master. 

The only thing left to really double check are the Midi Program Change Values I put in.

I've only been able to find instructions on message boards and YouTube videos so it's a bit frustrating to be honest, and difficult to pinpoint what the issue could be. 

Here's an example of what Midi signal I'm  sending to change the VL3X preset:

EASY ON ME - Preset number 257.

I therefore entered:
    BANK MSB 0
    BANK LSB 2
    PROGRAM 0

I also tried 
    BANK MSB 000
    BANK LSB 002
    PROGRAM 000

... but the preset still doesn't change.

Would appreciate any assistance with this! 

A link to official instructions or a bunch of examples cos I'm out of ideas!

Thanks very much.

read more...
    0 28
    • Jesuton5
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jesuton5, thank you for your post, please ponder that the MIDI implementation in VL3 is essentially the same as the VoiceLive 2…
      There can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages. The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it.
      Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.

To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.

MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.

There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.

The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:

MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.

If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?14591-Midi-PRESET-Change&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthread.php?15866-Voice-Live-3-Set-List-Maker-on-iPAD&highlight=voicelive+preset+change+midi

I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • Sep 20
    • Jesuton5
      Jesuton5

Hello Pedro, thanks for your response. Your message is a copy of one made by you elsewhere on this message board, and actually the only instructions I was able to find. This to say that I have yes attempted to follow these instructions but have not been able to make them work. Would you be so kind as to check the example I gave of preset 257 and show me what it should in fact be, and let me know where I'm going wrong? This is
      of course for Program Changes. As for the Command Changes alternative, there are only two fields to fill in on Bandhelper ('controller' and 'value') but your instructions above include three pieces of information, (eg CC#32, value 3, PC 115) so please clarify this also if possible please. Finally, I am unable to use steps as I have created individual presets for backing track playback, this is the basis of my show. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks P.S As another user also alerted,the links at the end of your response no longer work. Best wishes

• Sep 21
    • Jesuton5
      kiskadar69 @Jesuton5: read pages 151-152 of the TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual. On the VoceLive 3 SETUP / MIDI tab: set the Source parameter, set the Input Channel to 1 (because I see that BandHelper sends on channel 1), and set the Input Filter parameter so that VoiceLive 3 filters out neither CC (Control Change) nor PC (Program Change) messages.
      I'm not familiar with the BandHelper program, but the messages it sends seem to be correct.
      • Sep 21
    • Jesuton5
      Jesuton5 Hi @kiskisdar69, thanks so much for your reply and for your suggestions! Yes I can confirm that I've definitely reviewed those pages. INPUT channel has always been set to 1. OUTPUT Channel is also set to 1, is this correct? I have also tested setting to 2. And yep, INPUT and OUTPUT Filters definitely set to NONE. Still no joy sadly.
      • Sep 21
    • Jesuton5
      kiskadar69 Jesuton5: test WIDI Master MIDI Out and VoiceLive 3 MIDI In separately. For testing, get a notebook/computer with a reliable USB-MIDI interface (or ask someone who has one).
      1. Connect the MIDI Out of the WIDI Master to the MIDI In of the notebook and monitor the MIDI messages coming into the notebook.
      2. Connect the MIDI Out of the notebook to the MIDI In of VoiceLive 3 and use the notebook to send Bank Select MSB, Bank Select LSB and Program Change messages.
      • Sep 22
  • New
    gpinedo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-02

Hi there!

I tried to install the voice support app on my Mac M1 & on a win 10 computer and each had the same errors.

I have a TC-Helicon play acoustic that I like to handle & update if possible.

I read about that issue in 2018's thread of this forum and in some reply becomes fixed, but now is present again.

Please, does anybody have fresh information about that issue? How can I update & set up my play acoustic now?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    2 125
    • gpinedo
      PedroRodrigues Hi gpinedo, thank you for your post, we are aware of this situation and we are working as fast as possible to overcome this issue. Please bear with us. Thank you so much
      • Sep 2
      • Voice Support app unable to connect to internet & unable to load required control files (mac & windows)
        ExecutorService Thanks, pedro. Will you post here when the problem is fixed? Thanks.
        • ·
        • Sep 2
      • Voice Support app unable to connect to internet & unable to load required control files (mac & windows)
        bsbaf782 I'm having the same problem!!! I've already tested it on MAC first and it didn't work, then on Windows and nothing!!!
        • Sep 2
        gpinedo Hi PedroRodrigues, it has been a month and a half since I posted this thread to report this problem, will it be solved soon? All TC-Helicon customers including me would appreciate any solution to be able to have our TC devices working properly with the necessary setup and updates.
        thanks in advance for any info.
        • Oct 19
    • gpinedo
      PedroRodrigues

Hi ExecutorService, thank you for your contact, that is correct, we will post this information here and in our Social Media. Thank you

• Sep 2
    • gpinedo
      bsbaf782 Estou passando pelo mesmo problema!!! Já testei no MAC em primeiro lugar e não deu certo, depois no windows e nada!!!
      • Sep 2
        PedroRodrigues Ola bsbaf782, obrigado pelo seu post, como mencionei anteriormente neste post, é um problema interno que estamos a tentar resolver o mais depressa possivel. Qualquer update relacionado com esta situação sera vinculado via Community. As nossas desculpas pelo inconveniente. Obrigado
        • ·
        • Sep 2
    • gpinedo
      dio123castro I'm having the same problem!! not work in windows
      • Sep 5
        PedroRodrigues Hi dio123castro, thank you for your post, we are aware of this situation and we are working as fast as possible to overcome this issue. Please bear with us. Thank you so much
        • Sep 5
    • gpinedo
      Grzesik The problem has been going on for over a week. Is anyone fixing this fault?
      • Sep 6
Go to page