Statistics

285,671 members
167,673 posts
  • New
    brynnerhead1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-22

This ia a follow up to a first glitch question. I have included a screenshot of the issue. My VL3X is running the most up to date firmware 2.2.00 366. Out of nowhere I can no longer import backtracks. Using same formatted usb drive I've always used. I've made sure there is space left on the unit to import tracks. I performed a factory reset and reloaded my presets and even tried importing a backtrack immediately after factory reset and before reloading my saves. I am still getting a frozen screen where the top portion shows half of the IMPORTING TRACKS message while the rest of the screen is showing the track list. I have around 45 standard length songs loaded onto the unit and can import no more. Am I screwed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. An expensive unit to suddenly lose this crucial feature and I'm exceedingly frustrated after hours of research to no avail. Many thanks.

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    martin5martin5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

My brand new Perform VE gets stuck while starting up. Lights rotate forever and nothing happens.

Support page says "We'll be back soon".

I would be very sad to lose more time by sending it back to Thomann.

I'm very frustrated :( Please HELP

read more...
    0 6
    • martin5martin5
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi martin5martin5, are you using the original TC power supply in this instance? If so do you have a third-party one of the same specs you could test with the device?
      This will help determine if the issue lies with the power supply or the unit itself. if you are already using a third-party power supply can you please double check the specifications match correctly, even though the voltage may match if the amperage or polarity does not this could cause the unit to function incorrectly.
      • Apr 5
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

• Apr 6
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

Thank you for your prompt feedback. This problem is present with original power supply, and also I tested with third party power supply 12V, 2A correct polarity.

• Apr 6
      • Perform VE gets stuck while starting up
        ChrisEdwards1 Thanks for the follow-up martin5marting5, based on this information this looks to be a fault with the device. In this instance if your product is less than 30 days old please directly contact your place of purchase, Thomann will be able to assist directly with a replacement. If it is older than this it will require warranty inspection, Thomann can also assist with directly with warranty queries.
        • Apr 6
  • New
    MichaelDale
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-10

I have been enjoying my VL3 for years at home and started gigging with it over my larger boards.  Just as I was happy...  Boots and after a couple minutes of normal play the footswitch lights go out and the power button is unresponsive.  The screen stays on.  I have done the factory reset (went back to 2.0) and same thing.  I installed the 2.2.0 updated (which is what it had pre issues), same thing.  There has been a rattle inside it for a while.  So... I opened it up, and the pic is what I found.  Any ideas what this is and where it is supposed to go, which hopefully fixes my issue?

read more...
    0 3
    • MichaelDale
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Please click on the support link above and create a tech support case. Someone will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Mar 10
  • New
    rstpp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-02

Hi i updated my play electric with the false firmware from voicelive play. Now its shown as voiceliveplay the knops have diffferent funktions and i have no guitar fx.

0 13
    • rstpp
      PedroRodrigues Hi rstpp, thank you for your post, have you tried to load the correct firmware for your unit Play Acoustic? I will leave you a link below so you can access the correct firmware file for your unit and attempt to load it to reverse this situation.
      https://wsi.li/dl/SiBg4F9pJibCA7SEt/
      Thank you
      • Mar 3
    • rstpp
      rstpp

hi, thanks for the firmware, but the youtube link didn't work (video is privat).

• Mar 3
      • TC Helicon Voicelive Play electric false firmware
        PedroRodrigues Hi rstpp, unfortunately I don't know what happen but I cannot find a similar video, were you able to update your unit?
        • Mar 4
    • rstpp
      rstpp

• Mar 3
    • rstpp
      rstpp

• Mar 3
    • rstpp
      rstpp

• Mar 3
  • New
    ambow2409
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-20

Die Software VoiceSupport 2 erkennt mein angeschlossenen Play Acoustic als VoiceLive Play  mit Firmware Version 1.5.00B74.

Ich möchte gerne die Play Acoustic Firmware aufspielen kann sie aber nicht im Internet finden. Selbst nicht auf der Downloadseite von TC-Helicon. 

Ein Werksreset hat auch nicht geholfen.

Wollte mit VoiceSupport 2 nach einem Firmware-Updates für meine Geräte suchen s.A.. 

Wo bekomme ich die Play Acoustic Firmware?

read more...
    0 51
    • ambow2409
      PedroRodrigues Hi ambow2409, thank you for your post, please follow the link below to access requested FW file and the guidance to update your unit
      https://wsi.li/dl/cvsKhCMGc8HHYcufB/
      The firmware update in this case cannot be done via VOICESUPPORT 2, please follow the guidance provided. Thank you
      • Feb 22
    • ambow2409
      ambow2409

Hello PetroRodrigues, thank you for the Help. Sorry, but my english is not the best. I followed your Instruction, but I can not find the Download the firmware file PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 MIDIOX.syx. And you send me the Firmware VoiceLive Play 1.5.00 Build74.syx. The Youtube-Link did not work here in Germany. Can you send me the Firmeware for Play Acoustic? Thank, Matthew

• Feb 22
    • ambow2409
      Slidemonster Pedro - is there a listing you can direct users towards on your website or provide a description of what changes or upgrades are within Voicelive Play Firmware version 1.5.00B74 as compared to the previous 1.4.XXX firmware? Thanks in advance for your time.
      • Feb 26
    • ambow2409
      ANDY007 hallo PedroRodrigues, I have the same problem. Can you share this firmware with me if you can? Can you email me?
      PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 .syx Email:[email protected]
      My English from China is very bad. I hope you can understand my expression. Thank you.
      • Apr 17
  • New
    Emc2dzich
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-08

Hello,

I've got problem with my voicelive 3

When I did import backn' tracks from a pendive it worked only for the first use. Next time looper doesn't see files on pendrive. I have checked and the same problem I have with next pendrive. After first use and copying files, for the next use the same files and new ones are invisible. A have fully formated pendrives using FAT32 and nothing changed. Also any restart does't work. What is interesting, althouh files are invisible, looper has no problem with recording tracks on pendrive.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

a lot of thanks in advance

read more...
    0 11
    • Emc2dzich
      PedroRodrigues Hi Emc2dzich, thank you for your post,please consider that we have added the ability to import .WAV files, assign them to a specific Loop Slot and Track and we even guess the tempo of the loop you’re bringing in.
      Please confirm that your unit has the latest firmware available by connecting the unit to VOICESUPPORT 2.
      To start, you’ll need to have a loop ready to import.
      There are some considerations for the formatting and length of your loop:
      This device accepts .WAV files in a variety of formats: (16 bit/44.1 kHz, 24 bit/44.1 kHz, 16 bit/48 kHz, 24 bit/48 kHz).
      24 bit / 48 kHz is the optimal format and will result in the fastest import time.
      Import of MP3, AAX, FLAC and other formats is not supported.
      All imported loops must be in 4/4 time.
      If you are using a DAW to create your loops, check for “Trail Length” or an equivalent parameter in the render settings for your program.
      You need to set that amount to zero! If you don’t, the output file could have a small “pad” of blank space automatically added, which will throw off the tempo guessing feature and loop “tightness”.
      For example, in Reaper, you will find this parameter in Options > Preferences > Rendering under “Trail length when Rendering project or stems, or Freezing Tracks”.
      The bar length (the number of 4 beat bars in the loop) of all imported loops must be a power of two in order for tempo-guessing and syncing to work correctly. Acceptable bar lengths are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and so on.
      You can use unequal bar-length loops, if you adhere to the rule above. A 2 bar and a 32 bar loop will work when imported to different tracks.
      Organizing and naming loops properly First, put the loops that you would like to import onto a USB flash stick.
      The USB flash drive needs to be formatted using the FAT32 file system. NTFS, HFS+ (the OS X file system) or other file systems cannot be read by VL3X.
      You’ll need to create a folder called “VL3_Loops” on this flash stick and put all your loops there. If you put your loop audio files in the root directory of the flash stick instead, they’ll be seen by the Backing Track import screen instead. The sub-folder simply allows you to organize things a bit better.
      You may want to name or rename the tracks in a way that makes it easy for you to remember where they should be going in your VL3X.
      Of course, you’ll find your own way of making it all work for you, but a logical, consistent file naming system is something that to really should consider especially if you are working with a lot of file imports or you have downloaded files from multiple providers.
      It can help to include Key and/or Tempo and bar information in the file name too.
      For example, if you plan to import three different loops to tracks A, B, C respectively on Slot 1, you may want to name the loops something like:
      “Drums 120BPM 4bars”
      “Bass 120BPM Bsharp 2bars”
      “Synth 120BPM Bsharp 8bars”
      If you’re geeky, you can actually name your loops such that the Import screen will automatically populate with the correct slot, track and vocal/ guitar tags.
      To do this, name your Loops as follows:
      ► SLOT#_TRACK_VOC_userinfo for vocal loops or ► SLOT#_TRACK_GTR_userinfo for guitar loops.
      The Slot, track and vocal/guitar tags will determine what goes into the import screen. The last underscore and text allows you to still amend a useful name to the file (“userinfo”).
      For example, if we wanted to import some drums to Slot 20, Track B, Guitar and have VL3X name that loop file “Electrodrum”, the correct file name would be:
      SLOT20_B_GTR_Electrodrum.wav

Once you have named and moved the tracks onto your USB flash stick, plug the USB flash stick into your VL3X.
      Press the STORE button and navigate to the LOOP IMPORT tab using the < > arrows. You’ll be presented with a screen showing a list of all the compatible audio files available for import. If you have copied files from a Mac to the USB flash stick, you may see files with a leading dot on the Loop Import screen. These files (usually invisible on a Mac) are created by Apple’s operating system. Ignore them; they cannot be imported.
      Scroll up and down with the Control Knob to select a file. Press to flag the file for import. You can flag multiple files or choose “Select All” at the top
      Next to each selected audio file name, you’ll see Slot and Track destination parameters along with a “Vocal”/”Guitar” toggle.
      • Feb 11
      • voicelive 3 pendrive problem
        Emc2dzich uff... lot of stafff...
        thank you Pedro,
        • Mar 2
        Emc2dzich At first, updating sofware didn't help.
        At the moment I do not think, your other advices would work. As I did import the files I suppose they have good format.
        The problem is, that it worked only for first use of the pendrive. On the next use the same files are invisible, and any kind of formatting pendrive did't work. The same situation I had with second pendrive. So now I do not try other pendrives untill I have bigger collection of files I want to import.
        An what is important there is no problem with recording loops on these pendrives.
        I have also tried to import loops I have recorded on my VL3. Of course I have copied file directly to the pendrive's space not to folder. file was not visible too...
        • ·
        • Mar 2
        Emc2dzich And pendrives I use are good quality SanDisk 16 GB
        • Mar 2
  • New
    whodatpat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-17
    Connecting Play Acoustic to VoiceSupport2. What's the trick? Tried 2 PCs and a Mac. Tried 3 USB cords. Tried powering on and off in every imaginable sequence. Searches on TC Helicon refers me to a video from 2012 based on Vista that is zero help. Please tell me there is a simple setting that I am missing. I would like to not have to return this thing.

May be an image of text that says 'VoieSupport2 Presets Devices [ම] TIT Scan Disconnect Update MIDI Devices Device Scan There turned MIDI capable devices available to VoiceSupport. Make sure your device is and properly connected. For more information on diagnosing connection problems click the 'More Info' button. Ok More Info... MyOffinT-He My Offline TC-Helicon Devices Nothing NothnCo Connected'

read more...
    0 16
    • whodatpat
      WilliamR One thing you want to make sure of is that all your web browsers are closed while hooking up your device. Also, be sure to plug directly into the USB port and not a USB hub.
      • December 21, 2021
    • whodatpat
      kenloebel As a newbie, I am excited to get to use the product ( Play Acoustic) but am disenfranchised with the overload of brands, unorganized data, and lack of a simplified Start-up approach. With multi synth, a company I own, and a new looper, this Play Acoustic and other responsibiloities, I have no desire to search and navigate a rabit hole - it seems I got a great product with a website in need of simplification, organization and customer experience corrections.
      • December 23, 2021
  • New
    hadibws1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-16

can anyone solve this? I'm having trouble connecting my voicelive touch2

1 20
  • New
    lianergoist
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-16

Hi

I have just installed VoiceSupport 2 on a windows vista computer, but as soon I start the program, I get a message about "unable to establish an internet connection". The internet works fine, so what is the problem?

0 29
  • New
    poptechanon9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

Some one Help me plz I need firmware of Play acoustic I Need it back :(

0 17
    • poptechanon9
      thisisjust9 I have the same problem. Have you find any solution? My unit now is bricked/useless. Connecting the unit to VoiceSupport 2 (Mac version) shows the unit is now Blue (VoiceLive Play) not the actual Black one (VoiceLive Play Acoustic).

And, one more thing, I wonder whether this MusicTribe forum really represents TC Helicon? This forum has the lowest and slowest response, and not even from TC Helicon Tech team. Such a disappointment for a big name such as TC Helicon.

Anyway, I certainly hope, anyone here can help us to solve this VoiceLive Play weird problem.

Thank you.
      • December 26, 2021
Go to page