182,520 posts
  • New
    tony0707
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-30

Help  my XR18 do not conect to my Pc thru usb asio driver

0 31
    • tony0707
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure you have the USB cable plugged into a USB 2.0 port of the computer. If that is correct, replace the USB cable.
      • Jan 30
    • tony0707
      tony0707

Thanks Mr Paul, but i allready tested with four diferents USB cables conected from the XR18 USB port to my PC.

• Jan 30
    • tony0707
      Nigel67 Hi tony007. As Paul mentioned, make sure that you are using a USB2.0 compatible port on the computer and plug directly from the XR18 to the PC. Do not use a USB hub as they can cause issues. Try all the USB ports on the computer. I take it that this is a brand new XR18 and not one that has previously worked but has since stopped. Can you find someone with another computer and see if it is detected on that? Is your computer running Windows 10 or 11?
      • Jan 30
    • tony0707
      tony0707

Thanks Mr Nigel, Yes i conected in that way (XR18 USB port direct to computer; NO USB hub; and also tested with all USB ports and others PC, Desktops and laptops, even with diferents Operative Systems (Windows 7 X64, Windows 10 X32, Windows 10 x64, Windows 11 x64); and others generic USB asio drivers. Only with USB 2.0 cables and tested with four diferents cables.

• Jan 31
  • New
    manoelandreis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-22

I have a setup of a few synths connected to my new U-PHORIA UMC1820 and I'm having trouble with my output volume levels in a daw, they are very low compared with my inside monitoring in the soundcard and I don't know what to do.

I'm not proficient in music but I have my instrument and audio channels mixed as best as I can with EQ, compression with side chains and limiters and honestly to hear the music I need to stomp on the volume level while in the inside monitoring would wreck my speakers.

I still have my Presonus AudioboxTwo and it works fine when I connect it to my Mac, the sound is loud and clear.

Took me a really long time to start recording my music and now it doesn't work properly. Any help? :(

read more...
    0 51
  • New
    GeoffL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Hi.

I recently purchased a UMC404HD interface and received an email with a redemption code for Tracktion DAW. I followed the link to traction.com and there clicked "Redeem" in the top menu. My AV immediately kicked in and blocked the link, claiming it to be infected with URL:Phishing virus (see image of AV popup).

I bought the UMC404HD to replace a Steinberg UR22 because I needed more than two inputs. I used the Steinberg interface with the free version of Tracktion Waveform 11 (and Tracktion 7 before that) and hence already have the free version of the DAW -- but it doesn't seem to have the 150 plugins and effects mentioned by user Math22 at https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/272835/315209/traktion-daw-with-150-plugins-instruments

Is the bundled version of Tracktion different to the version that's generally available for free without needing a redemption code, and would I get any benefit from uninstalling Waveform 11 and redeeming the code I got on registration?

Thanks, Geoff

read more...
    0 61
  • New
    Rob24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

When i try toinstall the software i get this message of error , somebody can help me?

0 20
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto What interface and OS are you using? That seems to be a really old version of the ASIO drivers. Currently for most products it is 5.1.2.0
      • December 31, 2021
    • Rob24
      Rob24 it is the only version that i can install but after doesn't works I have windows 10
      • Jan 2
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto Without knowing what interface you are using, I can't help further.
      • Jan 2
    • Rob24
      Rob24 UMC202HD
      • Jan 3
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto The latest drivers (5.12.0) are found on the Behringer UMC202HD site in the Product library (Software) on the right side. Here is the link
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BCG
      Drivers 2.29 are meant to be for Windows XP and Vista only, not for Win10.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    AB63
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-26

The User Manual says speakers can be plugged into the RCA outputs (line out), and in the specifications section it says line out impedance is approx 400 Ohms.

What does approx. 400 Ohms mean?

Can I plug speakers with 6 Ohms impedance into the RCA outputs?

read more...
    0 25
    • AB63
      Paul_Vannatto They are probably referring to powered speakers (with the amp built in). 400 ohms is typical for line level. If your speakers specify 6 ohms, it means that they are passive speakers, which requires an amp to boost line level to speaker level.
      • December 26, 2021
  • New
    aekkusu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

So I've been using the Behringer U-Foria UMC 204HD for over a year and I've been very happy with it.

However, today as I decided to start recording on it, noticed the audio doesn't quite sound right. It was very faint, and when I would record with Audacity, the recording meter wouldn't go past -25dB. Also noticed some occasional buzzez and crackles, which (to my limited knowledge) seemed to sound like they were digital in nature.

I've tried to up the recording level so that it would always clip, but on Audacity, it would never go past -20dB. I've attached a screenshot exemplifying this.

I've tried restarting Audacity/Jack, then the PC, tried using a different USB port, restarted the equipment connected to the XLR ports on the audio interface, to no avail, nothing seemed to fix this issue.

I've tested the audio source by bypassing the audio interface, it sounded as it should. I've tried to plug in a monitor speaker into the front phones jack, and it sounded perfect. Then after going back to recording on the interface itself, still the same faint audio.

Am I doing something wrong? I never had this issue up until now, and haven't changed anything in my setup from the previous recording sessions.

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 28
    • aekkusu
      aekkusu So, in the meantime I've tried a few other things:

I took the interface and hooked up to another PC, and connected an XLR microphone to it. When I connected it to this other PC, I used the same USB lead (the one that came with the interface). All worked well, the recording level was good, and so was the signal recorded, when it clipped, it got to 0 dB as it should, instead of -20 dB.
      I've even used it during a video call and it worked just fine, the other person could hear me well.
      Now, I've tried to bring the interface back to the PC I was trying to make the recordings on.
      Changed the USB port and cable I've tried it on - same issue
      Booted in another distro in case there's an issue with the kernel/OS/system I was using previously - same issue
      Tested with the same microphone as on the other working PC - same issue, clips to -20 dB

So it would suggest there's a problem between the interface, and this specific PC, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be.
      Unfortunately I cannot move the equipment I'm recording on to be closer to the other PC, and I can't move the other PC over here either.
      So, could somebody suggest what I could try next to finally sort out this issue?
      • December 28, 2021
    • aekkusu
      Paul_Vannatto I take it that you are using one of the linux distros. If so, have you run alsamixer from the terminal to verify the USB input settings are correct?
      • December 28, 2021
      • Audio very faint, clipping to -20dB
        aekkusu Yes, I am using Linux Manjaro.
        I checked alsamixer, and indeed the volume for the interface was set to 47% for some reason
        I thought since I was using Jack Audio, the volume set wouldn't interfere, so that's why I didn't suspect that, but apparently I'm wrong, silly me.
        Thank you for the suggestion, this has solved my issue.
        • ·
        • December 28, 2021
  • New
    PedroPicoto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-06

Hello,

The title is half-explanatory. The "only" thing I done was to run Dante is my setup and when reverted I came across this issue. I don't believe it's his fault, but...

All I have now is just the speakers on the sound outputs settings of the sound CP.

I've uninstalled/reinstall the UMC drivers, with no effect.

Yes, I believe I've done something stupid to cause that. And I'm feeling stupid for not beeing able to solve this, wich I believe the solution is under my nose, but can't smell it...

Hints for this cause, please?

read more...
    0 30
    • PedroPicoto
      PedroPicoto SOLVED! Uninstalled the drivers, "purge" the folder. Disconnected the unit. Reboot, reinstalled the drivers, connected the unit, reboot again. Et voila...
      • December 6, 2021
  • New
    Abdul12345
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

I have behringer uphoria UM2. Its second instrumental slot having noise issue while connecting. Plz someone give solution

0 33
  • New
    HellRey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Greetings. I am having a problem with simultaneous audio playback on all outputs of my sound card. When I select the default device (1-10), Windows gives an error.

0 32
  • New
    Gunderson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-19

I have two computers that share my UMC404HD via USB. The interface is connected to a USB hub with a number of other USB devices. The hub can switch between two outputs so I can have it feeding all of the devices to my Mac, or to my windows PC.

The problem I have is that every time I connect back to my windows PC, the master volume drops -37dB (inconsistent, sometimes it's -24 or -32 or -27, but always very low). I can reset it to 0dB and everything works until I switch so my Mac then back to the PC. The Mac does not have this problem.

This is pretty annoying to have to open up the control panel every time I switch to my PC to reset the volume.

read more...
    0 38
Go to page