Statistics

299,768 members
183,545 posts
  • New
    AndyGigaByte
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Literally all the comnputer recognize the interface except the driver, please help me :((((

0 289
    • AndyGigaByte
      Paul_Vannatto What version of Windows are you using? That icon in the top left corner looks like something from Win95. Also what Behringer product are you installing this ASIO drivers for?
      • November 25, 2020
      • What can I do?? :(((
        AndyGigaByte I'm using Windows 10, and that ASIO is for the interface U-phoria UMC202HD
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto For Win10, you should be using the ASIO drivers 4.59 (found here https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BJZ found in the Software section on the right)
        • November 25, 2020
        AndyGigaByte Thanks man! and finally which do I have to download?
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The link is UMC Driver 4.59.0 (for Windows 7 to 10
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
  • New
    thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Hello,

I can't find my original topic (I suppose it has been deleted since you replied to my ticket) but I want this to be public and visible and get traction

I've purchased a UMC 1820 from Thomann.de. Received it on tuseday 27

When I've tried it all channels have a lot of signal passing through even with the main knob turned to zero. Both in direct monitoring as weel as in USB connection (see attachment). And not a little signal. That's a LOT (in the picture you see the signal getting from a moog Sub Phatty at max volume while the channel gain on the UMC 1820 is at zero)

I've opened a ticket as I've never seen this in my life in any audio interfaces in 15 years and it's not an acceptable behaviour for an audio interface as it's very limiting 

This is not documented anywhere (forum, Manual, etc) and there is no firmware . The Customer Service confirmed this should not be the behaviour and I've probably got a Faulty unit

I've sent it back the unit to Thomann.de (Attaching MT customer service email) and asked for a reimbursment. In the meanwhile I went in a local italian shop to get another one as I need it urgently for a recording session on Saturday (paying it more than Thomann)

I've just tested it and it has the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOUR

I want an official clarification from Behringer as I cannot think I got two faulty unit in a row from 2 different vendors with the same issue and I'm losing a lot of time (and money) around this

read more...
    0 514
    • thevoidngi
      RexBeckett Hello Roberto, this is not an official response but I don't think you got two defective units. It is quite common on preamps, interfaces and mixing consoles that the Gain controls do not have an Off setting. They usually have a range from minimum to maximum gain. If the minimum gain is too high for your source, reduce its output level or press in the UMC1820's Pad button. The gain controls on other UMC products (202HD, 204HD, 404HD) have the same behavior.
      • October 29, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain knob to zero but still getting a lot of signal from all channels - 2 new faulty units in a row?
        Patov1975 the gain minimum is +16db , the maximum is 56db ... so its normal if the source is too loud
        • Apr 3
    • thevoidngi
      JeffFessler Just saw this post. I own an 1820, as well. One thing I noticed was that the monitoring signal allows direct monitoring of incoming signal. If you move it over to "PB 1-2" you should only hear what's in/out on channel 1-2. I don't know if that solves your issue, but it's a shot...
      • January 30, 2021
  • thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hello,

I've already opened a ticket but wanted to check with community as well. I've just received a brand new UMC 1820 from Thoman. Everything seems to be working fine except that all channels never goes to zero volume even if setting the Gain knob to the minimum. This is audible both on full monitoring as well as in a daw (ableton) when recording.

Even with the gain knob at zero there is a lot of signal coming through. A lot of signal actually (See picture. I have my moog sub phatty on channel 1).

None of my previous and current audio interfaces (even from Behringer) are working like that. Gain knob on 0 is 0 signal passing in

Do I have a faulty unit (and then I shall ask for a replacement from Thomann or a firmware update from Behringer) or this is working as intended (and then I'll send it back to Thomann as this is not an acceptable behaviour at all for an audio interface)?

Thanks and best

Thanks and best

read more...
    0 58
    • thevoidngi
      leah Hello @thevoidngi ,

I will be sending you a response to your email shortly. If you do not see the reply, please check your Spam/Junk folder.

Thanks!
      • October 27, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain volume never goes to zero - faulty units?
        thevoidngi Hi Lea. Please look ASAP at the CRM ticket you replied me with. I've purchased another NEW UMC 1820 and it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I cannot believe it. One is a faulty unit, two is your fault. Please follow up. I'm quite pissed of right now as a customer. Lost time and lost money
        • October 29, 2020
    • thevoidngi
      Patov1975 (midas preamp) zero in the gain knob = +16db
      • Apr 3
  • zuur
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-17

Hi,

I have contacted Ableton support about this too, but it's a glorious threeway I believe: Windows, Behringer drivers and Ableton.

Here's my problem:

I have a setup with a UMC1820+adat expander. I also have a Yocto 808 drum machine, from which I route a couple of individual instruments into a rack, using Ableton External Instrument.

Windows, upon boot and completely unpredicatbly sometimes adds a number to UMC1820 midi inputs. It is listed as either 'UMC1820 Midi Out', but sometimes '1 - UMC1820 Midi Out' and I have seen it go as high as 3.

It makes older tracks that reference External Instrument midi channels with a different (or no) number not send out midi until I manually fix them. I have now made presets for no, 1, 2, 3 et cetera, but it's pain in the ass. Other external instruments wired with Extternal Instrument all suffer the same fate.

I understand it is partly Windows being weird and more importantly the sound card drivers. I have a Korg machine that sometimes gets a number added, but the driver makes sure it doesn't show in Ableton. I would love to have Ableton be agnostic to those digit changes, but I would rather that the UMC1820 stops randomly switching numbers.

There is ZERO logic to the changes. I could work for weeks with no issue and (like this week) it's like a lottery.

So, I've told Ableton about my predicament, now I'm doing it here. Hopefully someone at Behringer has some insight.

read more...
    0 156
  • sfbayjay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I have been all over the web today trying to get answers to a few questions. Maybe someone here can help clarify a few things about the input characteristics and controls on the UMC404HD.

1. My understanding is that the INST/LINE switch for each of the combo input jacks ONLY affects the TRS (center) part of the jack and has no impact on the XLR. Is that correct?

2. If #1 above is correct, published specs suggest a single non-switchable input impedance of 3 kOhm for the XLR connector. Correct?

3. For the switchable impedance on the TRS inputs, published specs suggest that setting the INST/LINE switch to "INST" makes the TRS impedance 1 MOhm. But - there is NO published spec for the TRS impedance when the "LINE" position is selected (see attached pic from user guide. Does anyone know what the TRS "LINE" input impedance is?

4. Finally - does anyone have specs on what the output impedances are? I see published values for the insert jacks, but nothing for the outputs.

Thanks for any help

read more...
    0 386
    • sfbayjay
      RexBeckett I measured the input impedance of my UMC404HD. The XLR input is 3K with Pad out and 9.1K with Pad in. The TRS input impedance is 42K for Line and 1M for Inst - Pad did not affect the impedance. The Line/Inst switch has no effect on the XLR input.
      • October 1, 2020
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        ftf I'm just curious. How did you measure the impedances?
        • January 5, 2021
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        RexBeckett I used an NTI MR-Pro. It is my favourite source for audio testing. It displays load impedance up to 50K directly. For higher impedances I use a series resistor and measure the voltage drop with an NTI Minilyzer.
        • January 5, 2021
  • Julinko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-30

I have the Behringer UMC204, want to connect it to Windows 7 Professional PC via USB 2.0.

I installed the driver for W7 Ver.4.59.0 downloaded from the Dehringer site. Driver installation was successful, I can see the Behringer UMC 204HD 192k device both in Playback as well as in Recording devices in Windows Sound settings. Both are set as default devices. Nevertheless, although the Playback device works (I can hear the test voice), the Recording device doesn't work.

When checking in the driver UMC Control Panel, in the format sheet the Input window is gray and it seems to be different from the  Output window (see screenshot). In fact the PC system seems not to recognize input from the device. In my DAW (ProTools) the input device is not recognized.

The microphone is connecte do input 1 and the LEDs (SIG and also CLIP) are flashing, so the device itself recognizes the microphone signal. But the PC doesn't.

Can you help to identify the problem, please?

read more...
    0 1,365
    • Julinko
      Nigel67 Hi Julius, the above settings are correct so we need to look at a setting on your computer. First of all, can you open the Sound menu on the PC and go to the Recording setting. To the right hand side of this page, you can see a bargraph. When you are talking into your microphone, does the bargraph light. It should do. If it does, then you need to take a look at the settings in your DAW. If you go to the Playback tab, you will also see a bargraph which lights when you are playing back audio to the UMC204HD. You said that this works so you should see the bargraph light. You do have the main out gain pot turned up? Let me know what you find. Is this a brand new unit or has it worked previously? Do you have another computer whether Windows 7, 10 or MAC that you can try the unit on just to make sure audio passes in both directions on the USB
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko Hello Nigel, thank you very much for your feedback. First, answer to your question - it is a brand new unit, I am a new user of this Behringer and now I am a happy new user, because the problem is solved.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko ...sorry, I posted the previous answer prematurely. So, yes the problem is solved. The solution was to plug the device to another USB port (how simple!) I browsed the historical experience and I knew that this sometimes helps, so I did, but I tried only 2 of USD ports. My PC has 4, but the 2 were occupied, but then I finally tried the 3rd one and it started to work.
      • October 1, 2020
  • irfantakmil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-30

Hello

So i just bought the UMC22 and i plugged in my guitar through inst 2 to play through amplitube 4 and my earphone through monitor jack. In the audio midi setup, there is the "USB Audio Codec DEMO (Core Audio)" audio device and since i figure that's the umc22 interface, i switch the input and output through this audio device. However, when i opened amplitube 4 i got no sound and it beeps every 20/30 sec through the earphone. In system preference on sound, i also select the USB Audio Codec for input and output and still got no sound and it says "The selected device has no input controls". I tried googgling the solution but seems like there's no solution.

read more...
    0 425
    • irfantakmil
      JoeRivers96 Hi, this may be an issue with amplitube. Do you see input level on your Audio MIDI Setup? Do you have another DAW to test this with?
      • September 30, 2020
      • Behringer UMC22 Problem
        irfantakmil hi, it seems like the main issue is resolved. I manage to get the sound by playing around with the left and right channel within the input and output in amplitube. However, one issue that remains is the beeping sound for every 20/30 sec. I read on some forums that it's because of the the usb audio codec is "demo", but i'm still not quiet understand.
        • September 30, 2020
    • irfantakmil
      JoeRivers96 From your screenshot it does look like the USB AUDIO CODEC is a demo, which would be causing the beeping. As the units utilizes Apple core audio, no drivers are required. I would suggest contacting Apple directly as this is to do with their core audio drivers.
      • October 7, 2020
  • Dhreyne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

So I ordered a Behringer UM2 USB Audio Interface from Shopee Philippines and I just wanna know how to Identify if it's legit or fake. I ordered the item from a likely small third party seller. The seller doesn't even reply to my messages but I had no other choice coz the other sellers we're out of stock and others to sell it for too high prices and others has a too large shipping fee although the ratings of this one are fine, 5 people bought the same product from the same store and all of them rated 5 stars. can anyone help me pls? coz I need it to record my music, and I'm sick of counterfeits.

read more...
    0 830
    • Dhreyne
      Nigel67 Hi, it may be very difficult to identify whether it is real or not as some companies are extremely good at replicating products. Can you attach some pictures showing the front, back, top and the panel witht heserial number on and I will take a look for you, but cannot promise whether I can identify whether it is fake or not. Have you contacted our partner in the Philippines who are Joint Venture to see if the shop you purchased from is one of their resellers. If it is, then there is a good possibility that the unit is not fake. Hope this helps.
      • September 13, 2020
      • How do I authenticate a Behringer product?
        Dhreyne Okay thank you Mr, Turner, I got the unit here. I'll send you pics and give you the serial number ASAP. Godbless!
        • ·
        • September 21, 2020
        Dhreyne here it is sir, kinda strange... the data code is missing and it's made in China and I didn't see any warranty card????????????. The serial number is: S200507929AUX
        • September 21, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi, it all looks genuine to me. Comparing the pictures to the renderings on the website, they look identical. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0AUX Also the serial number is correct and very new, so if it was a clone they would have had to be extremely quick on copy that. I am 99.5% sure that this is genuine. Hope this helps, and have a great weekend.
        • September 25, 2020
Go to page