Statistics

306,084 members
190,432 posts
  • New
    whardy77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-23

I have the larger X-Touch (8 channel, 9 faders). Here's what happened...

It was fully functional until I pressed the INST buttom in the Encoder Assign section at the top. When I did that, everything froze. No buttons would work. Now when I restart it, the firmware version comes on (1.22) for about 3 seconds, then it goes off. After that, the only lights on are the backlight of the channel lights (nothing displayed on them) and the ring around the main encoder button. Nothing I do at that point changes anything.

• I have reinstalled the firmware, which it does successfully.
    • I have nothing connected except the power cord (in order to remove as many variables as possible).
    • If I turn the faders up before I restart, it brings all the faders down once I start it. So the mechanical part of the faders is working.
    • If I restart and hold down the channel 1 Select button, it will let me change modes (both LEDs show what they are supposed to) and it will save it. But when I restart, there is no change in function (though the mode I saved is the mode it is in).

I bought the unit about 5 years ago, but never took it out of the box until two weeks ago. It has about 5 hours of use on it. When it worked it was an amazing machine.

Any ideas?

Wayne

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Scaper7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-16

just took delivery of a new X-Touch ... successfully updated firmware to 1.22 

however the unit shows no LEDs on and no buttons responsive ... only the ring around the jogwheel and the empy scribble strips are illuminated ... all channel faders revert to -inf if moved

is this unit faulty?

read more...
    0 14
    • Scaper7
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Scaper7, upon looking at the image it looks like your unit may have gone into into MIDICTL mode after performing the update, in this instance you will need to change the operation mode back to MC.
      To do this hold the SELECT button on CH1 while powering up the device, use the encoders to select the correct operating mode.
      • Apr 15
    • Scaper7
      Scaper7

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the issue. Unit remains the same in all modes.

Should LEDs come on on power up?

• Apr 16
    • Scaper7
      DaveMorrison What DAW are you connected to? The DAW is responsible for lighting LEDs, scribble strips, and controlling faders. This what my X-Touch looks like until I load a project. Which interface are you using to connect to your DAW (USB, MIDI DIN, or Network)? My first X-Touch had a bad network port, but the MIDI and USB interfaces were fine.
      • Apr 17
  • New
    LooneyJetman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

I bought an XR-18 and X-Touch which were delivered today.  I noticed that the right-hand digit of the timecode display is missing the middle bar, so for example an 8 effectively shows as a 0.  I doubt there is much that I can do and will be contacting the seller tomorrow to start the return process and get it swapped over.  Obviously not a major problem, but I wondered if this was a common fault?

The image below demonstrates the problem - the number on the right should be a 6.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    GiampGes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18
    For all Behringer BCR2000 owners I made this Javascript integration with the remote midi API, which allows you to control everything inside CUBASE12 and NUENDO, taking advantage of new midi remote functionality.

You can download it on the official Steinberg forum:

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    tschepp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-14

Hi,

Using Cubase 12 and the Xtouch one for control.  I am Behringer has a template for Cubase which works for most of the features.

However, I am unable, (or I don't know how) to assign the F1, F2, F3, F4 buttons to anything.  I can't even get Cubase to recognize that I'm touching a button on the XTO in Midi remote section, (this is where you can set any button of a Midi controller to any function in Cubase).

I know I may be confusing Midi controller with this DAW controller, but is there a way to assign the 4 blank F buttons on the XTO to actions in Cubase?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

On a side note, Behringer, please use a larger font on your templates!  In a dim studio, I can't read anything.  I had to use a label maker so I could clearly see the functions. (PIC)

read more...
    0 726
    • tschepp
      fschilder same issue - following.....
      • Mar 28
    • tschepp
      tschepp I was able to program every button to exactly what I wanted by adding a Generic Controller and creating a row of buttons and assigning each of them to a key command. Pretty easy, but neither company will give you any directions.
      • Mar 28
  • New
    ddrozh27
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-01

The additional menu does not work too.

When I try to connect to USB the display shows "UP 1.21 Err". Without USB it also shows "UP 1.21 Err".

While upgrading firmware, the display shows "UP 60 08", the mute button is lit on channel 1.

I have the same results on the computer with an Intel processor and on the computer with Rayzen processor.

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    BillyTough
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03

I get to the end of a large sesssion in logic pro and begin to automate the tracks in the session with the X Touch One and my automation moves are off. The fader moves in sync with the Logic channel fader but the written automation is delayed. This only occurs when I have plugins engaged but works perfectly on an empty session (note that when moving the X Touch fader up and down the volume follows correctly). I have sample accurate automation set to 'volume, pan, sends, plug-in parameters' but still no change. It seems that this is a latency issue, but I wonder if this can be fixed. Using less plugins is not an option for me.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

read more...
    0 42
    • BillyTough
      DavidKnighton Hello Billy,
      Most definitely the plugins are causing a slow down of the core processor. What I would suggest in Logic would be to 'freeze' all other tracks and disable unused plugins so that you can write your automation in real time. Then you can go back and unfreeze the tracks and the automation should be where it needs to be.
      • September 3, 2021
    • BillyTough
      BillyTough

Hey David, Thanks for the response

I tried what you said and froze all tracks except the one I wanted to automate, but still the same problem occurred! even without plugins on the strip. My session has lots of routing going on, maybe this is the problem seen as the response is fine in an empty session. This is my first DAW controller and I thought delay compensation would be factored in to the controllers response time. Im curious to know if this is a common problem and does it exist in other models too (PS fader port for example).

Thanks in advance!

Billy

• September 4, 2021
  • New
    cahyobaskoro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Hello, I've purchased a used BCF2000, the problem is when in zero position, the 1st fader is slightly below the rest of the fader.

I've tried run the calibration use method: turn off > hold learn button > turn on > release learn button, but the problem is still there.

Is there any physical adjustment to the fader, to align with the rest fader?

read more...
    0 69
  • New
    shibiwan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-17

Just got my new X-touch. Plugged it in and powered up, but nothing happens (only the jog dial lights up its white ring). Any suggestions to try?

Hoping I can fix it with something simple (factory reset maybe?) before I return it to Amazon.

Thanks

-S

read more...
    0 122
    • shibiwan
      Nigel67 Hi shibiwan, please can you try upgrading the unit following the video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ZKXVXQP8g. If that doesn't work and the unit is under 30 days old then contact Amazon and request a doa replacement.
      • July 17, 2021
      • New X-Touch not working?
        shibiwan No luck. The display doesn't even light up when I try the upgrade process.

Back to Amazon it goes...
        • ·
        • July 17, 2021
        Maax555 Did you return and get a replacement, what are your thoughts?
        • August 10, 2021
        shibiwan Returned it for a replacement....
        • Feb 6
  • New
    ansolas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Hi,
    I am currently testing Logic X in conjunction with a Behringer X-Touch and 2 extenders.
    Is it normal that some green level indicators on the X-touch extendes keep illuminated even tho there is no sound playing?
    They even stay illuminated when switching banks.

When I click once on the  desktop and back on Logic, the lights are reset?!
    Is there a fix for this ?
    eg:

read more...
    0 34
    • ansolas
      DavidKnighton Hello ansolas,
      This could very plainly be an issue with how Logic communicates with the X-Touch. Have you tried any other DAWs to see if it does the same thing? It's not a show stopper by any means, so long as the meters work as expected otherwise.
      • June 29, 2021
Go to page