Statistics

196,321 members
66,890 posts
  • New
    2020-10-31

Hi!

I received my link for the Polytune Plug-In I bought and the link to download it doesn't work.

A little frustrated...

Thanks!

0 10
    • rgast5150
      Nigel Turner Hi, I am sorry to hear that the link you were given is not working. I will contact the relevant people and find out why. We were making some updates over the weekend. This could have been the cause of the issue. Can you give the link another try?
      • Nov 1
      • Download links not working.....
        Nigel Turner I am going to send you an e-mail with a new link.
        • Nov 2
    • rgast5150
      rgast5150 Hi Nigel,Just tried again, same results..."It seems we can't find the page you're looking for."
      • Nov 2
    • rgast5150
      rgast5150 Hi Nigel! Found the new link, it went to my junk mail. That worked and I was able to install the plugin. Thanks for your assistance!
      • Nov 2
      • Download links not working.....
        Nigel Turner No problem, sorry for the issue in the first place.
        • Nov 3
  • 2020-08-29

I'm using the X32 Edit software to control my X32 Rack & there's a question I'd like to ask. I understand that the Mix Bus can be tapped after the input, before the EQ, after the EQ, before the fader & after the fader but what does Sub Group mean on the Sends tab?

read more...
    0 40
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Paul Vannatto Subgroup is basically post fader with unity (0 db) fader levels. It emulates the analog console subgroups.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler The other key difference between the post-fader vs subgroup setting is that if using the subgroup tap, (by default, assuming the subgroup is stereo,) the ch>subgroup pan will follow the ch>LR pan. If instead you choose post-fader, you can specify a different pan for ch>bus vs ch>LR.
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross How can you set up a subgroup master fader in X32 Edit 4.1?
      • Aug 29
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Bus\Mtx layer button on the LHS of the app, you'll get your faders. Alternatively, select the relevant bus using the buttons on the LHS of the app, and the master fader changes to the fader for that bus.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So a subgroup master is the same as a mix bus master?
        • Aug 30
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Yes. The console has 16 mixbuses (+ mainLR, M\C, mtxs, and solo.) The 16 buses can be configured (in pairs) as pre-fade, post fade, or subgroup, or some combination.
      • Aug 30
      • X32 Edit software mix bus taps
        Gordon Okafor-Ross So the input tap to the mix bus is the output of the mix bus… I'm sorry, I'm not following.
        • Aug 30
  • 2020-08-26

What does the "Changes affect selected Channel" vs "Changes affect all Channels" do in the Sends tab? Also, above this I think you can choose where to tap the bus from, but this isn't updated on the Routing tab (as far as I can see). Am I right?

read more...
    0 15
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett When Changes affect all Channels is on, if you change the signal tap for a bus send it will be changed for all channels (1-32 + Aux 1-6 + FX Returns 1-4). Otherwise the change only affects the selected channel.The signal taps on the Sends tab are the points within the channel processing for the send to the bus. The signal taps shown in the routing tables are for outputs from the bus or channel.
      • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross Aha, that's great. I confirmed the "Change affect all Channels" by switching it on, changing the vocals to Post EQ & then jumping to another channel. I expected it to be all Mix Bus Channels, it's the channels of the desk :-)
        • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I confirmed the signal taps being to the bus by listening to the output from a bus (rather than the main output or the control room output) and changing the output to that bus from pre-fader to post-fader then moving the Main LR bus fader. It works as expected, thanks so much.
        • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross It's a shame that the Sends tab doesn't have an extra "mute" button for each mix bus so that you could route to headphones & not mind about the Mute button on the Main LR bus. It still affects the mix buses :-(
      • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett I don't understand how you want the mutes to work. You can mute each Mixbus separately - although not on the Sends tab.
      • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Gordon Okafor-Ross When I mute a channel in the Main LR bus it is muted in the Mix bus (which I'm using to feed IEMs for each musician), which isn't how I'm used to working. If I have chosen pre-fade for a headphone feed & I then mute the channel on the Main LR bus (for a few seconds say, to focus on something else) I don't expect it to have any effect on the headphone feed. Perhaps the sends tab could adopt the colour scheme of the routing tab if space is an issue?
        • Aug 26
      • X32 Edit Sends tab
        Rex Beckett OK, I understand. Yes it would be nice if the channel mute behavior was configurable to suit personal preferences. As it is, it is better to take channels out of the Main mix by pulling down the fader. If you need to mute some channels on a regular basis, you could assign them to a DCA group and mute that.
        • ·
        • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins There is a work around for this. Make sure the DCA groups checkbox is NOT checked on the setup/mixer/mute system page. Then if an input ch belongs to a DCA group and the DCA is muted, ONLY the sends to mains are muted NOT the bus sends. This is the setting to use to allow monitors to remain active while FOH ch's remain muted. Make a DCA group that includes all your desired main ch's and use that DCA mute to mute/unmute the mains, the buses will not get muted. If the DCA groups box is checked off, it acts like a master mute for DCA's and will mute the participating ch's everywhere.
      • Aug 26
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross The DCA mutes are a useful work around, thanks.
      • Aug 26
  • 2020-08-21

When I'm in the EQ page I often have the Real Time Analyser turned on. Whenever I choose the LR Bus it flips to display that analysis in the EQ page, but when I choose a channel it continues to display the LR Bus analysis until I change something in the channel, then the RTA displays correctly. I say correctly, but maybe I'm missing something, is there some advantage to displaying the LR Bus analysis? This is in X32 Edit 4.1, not on the front panel of the X32 Rack.

read more...
    0 28
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins Maybe it's the rta settings? When connected to your mixer, hit utility/rta. Not totally sure what you are wanting but maybe something in there (esp with rta source) explains it or changes it to what you want?
      • Aug 21
      • X32 Edit 4.1 RTA
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That was it, thanks. I had Main selected as the RTA Source, changing that to Selected Channel displays whatever channel I select as the RTA source, in fact as it says on the page. Great piece of software.
        • ·
        • Aug 21
  • 2020-08-18

I've just downloaded FW4.0.2 & X32-Edit 4.1, it takes a lot longer to transfer parameters to or from the mixer or PC. I thought it was only the first time it might take a while, but I've tried synchronising several times (from the Mixer to the PC & from the PC to the Mixer) & it takes a couple of minutes. This used to be done in about 15 seconds on the older software & firmware.

read more...
    0 23
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gordon Okafor-Ross I'm using a MacBook Pro.
      • Aug 18
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett This can be caused by issues with the network connection - particularly Wifi links. Note that the firmware upgrade process resets some global settings on the console to default values. Check that the network settings are correct for your configuration.
      • Aug 18
      • Very slow transferring parameters
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I've got no idea where to start. The settings in the setup page look ok & the same on the X32 Rack
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett How is the PC connected to the console? Do you have a router or switch in the network? Is the X32 set for DHCP or a fixed IP address? BTW: I find it safer to leave the Sync Drection set as Mixer -> PC. It can help to prevent inadvertant loss of console settings when starting X32 Edit.
        • Aug 18
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Gary Higgins I've noticed that this takes a bit longer than it used to as well BUT for me it's more like 5-6 seconds versus 10-12 seconds. Something else is afoot there, 2 minutes is way too long and it's not firmware or Edit version causing it imo.
      • Aug 18
        Gordon Okafor-Ross This only started happening when I installed the new X32-Edit software & the X-32 Rack Firmware. Unless there's been a sneaky coincidence.
        • Aug 18
        Gary Higgins Maybe try using DHCP on the X32? Or re enter your static ip and subnet again since you have updated the firmware.
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett I agree with Gary (almost always). Syncing the PC to the console takes a few seconds over wired or 5GHz Wifi connections. Any longer and there is probably some issue with the network. There can be issues if the control PC has more than one active network connection - particularly if they have the same IP subnet.
        • Aug 18
        Gordon Okafor-Ross OK, I restarted my router & that seems to have fixed everything, sorry for the messages :-0
        • ·
        • Aug 18
        Rex Beckett I'm happy to hear that it is working properly now. Don't worry about the messages, they may help someone else.
        • ·
        • Aug 18
  • 2020-08-17

When I want to pan in IEMs fed by mix buses the same as the main LR bus I choose LR PAN on each bus that I want this for on the sends tab, is that correct? Also, what does the power button do to the left of that, why would I want it?

0 14
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett That is correct. The pan controls on a channel's Sends tab set how the channel is sent to a linked pair of Mixbuses. The button with the power symbol is an enable (opposite of mute) for that channel send. It can be useful to temporarily mute a channel send to a monitor bus without disturbing the send fader setting.
      • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's great, thanks. Why does the main overview show bus sends 3-10 panned in the centre while the channel view & the sends view show the vocal panned +50, to the right? Is it just a problem with the overview showing everything or am I missing something?
        • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Rex Beckett On my copy of X32 Edit V4.1, the pan setting for channel sends to stereo buses shows the same value on Mixer, Channel and Sends tabs. I don't know why yours would behave differently.
        • Aug 17
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross I think I've found the answer (for me). When I choose LR PAN on the Sends tab the Channel tab shows the buses panned as they are in the LR panning of the channel. However, the Mixer tab still shows the panning that I've set up, but it doesn't affect what I hear. If I go back to the Sends tab and deselect LR PAN then the panning jumps to the setting in the Mixer tab. It may be a fault in the software (X-Edit 4.0.3 Mac OS X).
        • Aug 18
      • Panning buses
        Gordon Okafor-Ross It's been resolved in X32-Edit 4.1 :-)
        • ·
        • Aug 18
      • Panning buses
        Rex Beckett The LR Pan button, when on, copies the channel to bus panning from the channel to Main LR setting. On X32 Edit V4.1 (Windows) this is reflected correctly on all the tabs. It could be a bug in the macOS version.

Edit: I see you found the cause of the problem. Thanks for the update.
        • ·
        • Aug 18
  • 2020-08-14

No matter what I route to the XLR outputs of the X32 Rack the matrix output faders always show some signal (even when there is no signal on them, like channels 25-32 of the USB card). What am I doing wrong? How do you route something to the matrix faders on the BusMtx page of the software?

read more...
    0 19
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Rex Beckett Select one of the sixteen Mixbuses on the Bus MTX layer and open the Sends tab. This will show the send controls to all six Matrix buses. The Main LR and M/C buses can also send to the Matrix buses.

You cannot route the Matrix buses to XLR outputs directly. They need to be staged on the Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out tables first.
      • Aug 14
      • Routing XLR outputs, are these the matrix outputs?
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's absolutely right, I was able to turn down the matrix buses from the sends tab, I thought they were the XLR assignments on the routing tab. Great resource, thanks so much.
        • Aug 14
  • 2020-08-13

In the routing tab on the XLR page there is a source called Out 1-8 and Out 9-16. What do these refer to on an X Rack?

0 16
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler Whatever you have staged in the 1st and 2nd halves of the out1-16 tab.
      • Aug 13
      • X32 Edit routing tab question
        Gordon Okafor-Ross That's great, thanks. I confirmed that by routing something else to outputs 5-8. Very flexible.
        • Aug 13
    • Gordon Okafor-Ross
      Craig Fowler You could route pretty much any signals you like using the user out tab, then setting the XLR out tab to user out. Even more flexible.
      • Aug 13