Statistics

242,673 members
119,069 posts
  • New
    Olliew3399
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

My Ultra-DI DI100 does not power my Shure beta 98HC Mic. When turning it on the light under the In/out button. The red light flashes and does not stay on. 

View Video

read more...
    0 49
    • Olliew3399
      RexBeckett Hello Ollie, the Shure Beta 98H/C requires phantom power. DI boxes do not usually pass phantom power to their inputs so cannot power condenser mics. Normally these mics would be connected directly to a mixer that would supply the phantom power. The flashing In/Out LED indicates that the DI100 is running from battery power.

If you explain what equipment you are using, we may be able to suggest other solutions.
      • November 23, 2020
    • Olliew3399
      Olliew3399 Hi Rex, thanks for getting back to me. I must have assumed the DIbox would provide phantom power.

Realistically I want to use my Shure beta mic with a busking battery power amp. I have a Roland mobile cube which has been great and used a cheaper mic with battery pack.

What do I need to power my mic while busking ?

Cheers ,
      • November 23, 2020
    • Olliew3399
      RexBeckett Hi Ollie, yes the DI100 does almost exactly the opposite of what you want. You need a battery-operated phantom power supply. There are a few possibilities. The ART Phantom II Pro is probably the most cost-effective solution.

https://artproaudio.com/product/phantom-ii-pro-dual-ch-phantom-power-supply/
      • November 23, 2020
    • Olliew3399
      RexBeckett Shure used to supply a battery-operated preamp for this type of mic - model MX1BP. They discontinued it but you may find one in the used market.

For example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shure-MX1BP-Microphone-Preamplifier-/273630844831
      • November 23, 2020
    • Olliew3399
      Olliew3399 Thank you Rex, I appreciate your time helping me out!
      • November 23, 2020
  • PoloHunter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

My voicelive extreme strangely started going crazy. As in all the presets started to change up and down on its own. Can someone help me with this isse

0 57
  • Pratomoadhe
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-23

Hello guys,

i have a very frustrated problem with my VLX3. The screen is just flashing the whole time. I've tried to reinsert the SD Card inside the VLX3, but it change nothing. Please Help me. Thanks a lot!

I attach the video how its look like.

Regard,
    Chris

read more...
    0 58
    • Pratomoadhe
      KyleJohnson Hi Chris, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it looks like your VL3X needs to be repaired. Please submit a Support ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of the page.
      • August 24, 2020