Statistics

254,455 members
132,142 posts
  • New
    mikerosen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

Hey I have a Midas Venice F24 and when powering the unit off via the button on the back, it makes a weird sound.

It doesn't make the sound when turning on via this button. It also doesn't make the noise if if the button is pushed into the off position quickly. 

I noticed the noise while turning the unit on and off normally. I have attached a quick video where you can hear it.

Any ideas if this is normal? Have had the mixer for ages and never noticed it before

Any help is appreciated :)

View Video
    read more...
    0 69
    • mikerosen
      Nigel67 Hi, I am sure that is normal. We do not have a Venice F to be able to check this on, but I am 99.5% sure this is what happens when turning it off. You should be switching the unit off a little quicker than you are doing though, don't hold the switch in its middle position where it is neither on or off. The noise you are hearing is probably a little arcing as the internal switch contacts break. You could also try getting in touch with other Venice F users and asking their opinion. There is a Midas FB page called Long Live Midas Analogue Consoles and I have seen Venice F users post on there before. We can take a look at the console though at one of our service centres. You will need to fill out a Service Ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • May 3
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-14

On my Mac Pro 5,1 2012 w/Mojve 10.14.6, the newest version of the Midas MR 18 is very slow starting up. I've included an .mp4 showing version 1.6 first, then the much faster version 1.5 second.

Anyone have any toughts on this. It's very annoying and makes no sense to have this happen after a long waited update.

Thank everyone!

read more...
    0 108
    • micdim
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I have sent your report along to our software team and will be back in touch with you via email.
      • Feb 14