Statistics

227,989 members
102,792 posts
  • New
    mikerosen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

Hey I have a Midas Venice F24 and when powering the unit off via the button on the back, it makes a weird sound.

It doesn't make the sound when turning on via this button. It also doesn't make the noise if if the button is pushed into the off position quickly. 

I noticed the noise while turning the unit on and off normally. I have attached a quick video where you can hear it.

Any ideas if this is normal? Have had the mixer for ages and never noticed it before

Any help is appreciated :)

View Video
    read more...
    0 6
    • mikerosen
      Nigel67 Hi, I am sure that is normal. We do not have a Venice F to be able to check this on, but I am 99.5% sure this is what happens when turning it off. You should be switching the unit off a little quicker than you are doing though, don't hold the switch in its middle position where it is neither on or off. The noise you are hearing is probably a little arcing as the internal switch contacts break. You could also try getting in touch with other Venice F users and asking their opinion. There is a Midas FB page called Long Live Midas Analogue Consoles and I have seen Venice F users post on there before. We can take a look at the console though at one of our service centres. You will need to fill out a Service Ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • Mon at 10:58 PM
  • Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Sound Engineer John Delf gives us a tour of Edge Recording Studio and shows us his favourite bits of Midas gear with cameo appearances from Klark Teknik and Behringer. 

read more...
    0 21