Statistics

242,668 members
119,064 posts
  • New
    uru
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-19

I have a set of Samson C02 condenser microphones. When I plug one of them into my GoXLR Mini I get this noise.

I only get it when 48V is on(Condenser duh.) The sound in the file shows itself with 48V on and gain turned up pretty far in the software(60+ dBish.) I get it with both microphones in the set.

I get it when the GoXLR mini is plugged in the back of my PC, when it's plugged into the front pannel, when it's connected through a powered USB hub and even when it's connected to my wife's laptop. So I'm starting to think it's not my PC.

I do not get it if I plug in a dynamic microphone, even if I switch on 48V for no reason. 

I do not get it when I connect a dynamic microphone via a Cloudlifter, despite this device requiring 48V to add the extra gain.

I do not get this sound with the same microphones but another audio interface that is also bus powered(Roland Quad Capture)

Eternally greatful for any input anyone may have. At first I thought it was some sort of grounding issue with USB in my computer, but when the issue also cropped up testing with the wife's laptop my suspicions went elsewhere. Unfortunately these two Samson mics are the only condenser mics in the house right now. I tested with two different dynamic mics.

read more...
    0 124
    • uru
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Have you tried a different USB cable yet?
      • Apr 19
    • uru
      uru Yes. Two different cables, both of them with ferrite chokes on the type B end
      • Apr 19
    • uru
      WilliamR

Could you click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket so we can help you further? This may be a hardware issue that needs to be serviced.

• Apr 19
    • uru
      uru

Thanks I'll do that

• Apr 20
  • New
    DonShahcapo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-27

My audio interface was working right...i left the house and came back in 30minutes...now its blinking and making noise as it blinks....what should i do? What is the reason?

Im using it in usb and windows 10

0 101
    • DonShahcapo
      Nigel67 Hi Don. This looks power supply related. You will need to get the unit serviced. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • Mar 27
  • NIKOSSTAMATIS
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-06

Suddenly, audio of Input 1 on my UMC404HD cannot go higher than almost 70% on Logic Pro and Garageband. The other inputs work just fine.

View Video
    read more...
    0 26
    • NIKOSSTAMATIS
      NIKOSSTAMATIS The same with an e-guitar on input 1, as it shows on the screenshot. Track 1 is on input 2, track 2 on input 1, same settings (gain etc.)
      • August 6, 2020
    • NIKOSSTAMATIS
      DavidKnighton Hello Nikos. What are the settings on input 1 of the UMC? There is a Mic/Line switch and a PAD switch. Both switches can have a drastic affect on the level. Presuming you're using a Mic, make sure the preamp is set to Mic. The PAD switch is intended to reduce the level of high SPL sources. Having this engaged will drastically reduce the overall signal level.
      • August 7, 2020
      • BEHRINGER UMC404HD Audio of Input 1 level cannot go higher than 70% on Logic and Garageband
        NIKOSSTAMATIS Thanks for the response David! I am using a MacBook Pro and yes, it is set to Mic with no PAD and Phantom power is of course on. I will check again but I checked my microphone on the other 3 inputs and it is ok. Also, when I speak lout, it flips on the UMC, it goes to red but on my track, as it shows on the video, no. I also recorded my electric guitar on the same input 1 at it does the same, as it shows on my screenshot. The recording level is not so strong as it is on the other inputs. I am not so experienced but I don't think I made a specific setting on Logic without noticing that. The same behaviour of input one has also GarageBand.
        • August 7, 2020
      • BEHRINGER UMC404HD Audio of Input 1 level cannot go higher than 70% on Logic and Garageband
        NIKOSSTAMATIS But I will check again. Maybe the PAD is stacked , I don't know. Could it be reason ?
        • August 7, 2020
        NIKOSSTAMATIS Update. After receiving an email from the support I started checking all the recommended steps, starting from the USB Hub . I am including my answer for you, so that you know for similar reasons:
        "I have a 13” MacBook Pro with 4 thunderbolt ports, so I have to use an adaptor, an ICY BOX for HDMI and USB 2.0 and 3.0
        It has 2 USB inputs but until now I only use one in which I connect a USB hub. I connect my Behringer to that HUB.
        Now I connected the UMC directly to the port of the ICY BOX. And I also pressed a couple of times the PAD on the input 1 (baby they stack in away?)
        Now the recording levels are ok.
        It was the hub. To check it and to be sure that it was not the PAD, I connected my Behringer again to the HUB and I had the same problem."
        • August 7, 2020
        NIKOSSTAMATIS It is though a little bit strange that the other 3 inputs work properly, also when my UMC is connected to the HUB.
        • August 7, 2020