Statistics

305,510 members
189,819 posts
  • New
    DougDeMarche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-09-16

Paul Vannatto.  I had to start a new dicsussion to add an attachment.  Can you check this for me?  Thank you!  Doug

View Attachment
    0 3
  • New
    DougDeMarche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-09-16

Did it work?

View Attachment
    0 12
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche Paul Vannatto ?
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Doug, just got my laptop back from a church that I had accidentally left it. Yes your scene was attached. What's up?
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche It’s kind of a template for a show this coming weekend. It’s just a starting point but I’m wondering if you have any thoughts on things I could template better. I am playing and running from stage so I think I am going to run the monitors pre-fader. Seems like the I/O page shows one thing and sends shows something different. Thanks as always Paul
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Doug, looking at the I/O in the Routing screens and there are definite issues.

On the Input screen, it shows that the first 3 banks of inputs are from the AES50 A. Evidently you are using one or more stageboxes. But on the AES50 screen (outputs to the stageboxes), the 3rd and 4th banks have AES50 A17-24 and A25-32 (inputs) assigned, meaning that these AES50 inputs are being sent back out the stagebox outputs - which doesn't make sense.

Also AES50 A 5th and 6th banks have the Out 1-8 assigned to both. If you are using the Ultranet outputs of the stageboxes, they will get their signals from these banks.

Finally, if you are using the AES50 B port, the first 2 output banks are assigned AES50 A1-8 and A9-16.

On the XLR screen (which assigns signals to the XLR outputs on the back of the X32), the first 2 banks (of 4) have Local 1-4 and 5-8 respectively. Local are the physical XLR inputs on the back of the X32. That means that whatever you have plugged into the first 8 XLR inputs are going directly out the XLR outputs - doesn't make sense.

If you can explain exactly what is hooked up to what and what signals you want to these outputs, I can help fix this for you.
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche Ummm…I’m using XR12
      • Sep 15
  • New
    johniebeats
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-26

hey Guys!

1. Is there hope in near future that Midas is gonna work with L-ISA studio?

and as midas M32R user do i stand achance to get to use this new technology?

2. I purchased the midas M32R from sweetwater last year it was shiped to africa uganda
    And early this year i got to use it for the first time it got an issue on the scribble lights nolonger show any thing

Do you hve branch of your support team to help out around the eastafrica countries like kenya,ugand or tanzania
    thanks

View Attachment

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 9
    • johniebeats
      KevinMaxwell Do you know how to export a scene for the mixer to a USB thumb drive? if you do edit your post here and attach the scene here and we can take a look at it there are settings that will cause the scribble strip light to no turn on.
      • May 26
      • I have two Questions
        johniebeats ok let me do it bro
        • May 27
      • I have two Questions
        johniebeats I have uploaded it
        • May 27
      • I have two Questions
        KevinMaxwell I don’t see anything wrong with the settings that are saved in a scene that would case the scribble strip light to go blank. But there is a place that I think is in one of the setup screen that allows you to adjust the brightness of things like the scribble strip back light. If that got accidentally turned all the way down they would appear to be blank. I don’t have an X32 or and M32 here to try this out on. If I did I could tell you exactly where to look. But I think it is one of the rotary controls under the screen when in the Setup Global screen.

One other thing to try and see what is happening is to use a flashlight shining on the scribble strip to see if you see any of the data being displayed. If you (faintly) see the data then it is most likely the back light that isn’t lighting or is turned down all of the way.

Or maybe you do have a problem with the scribble strip light on M32R that you have.
        • May 27
  • New
    MixingLane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello,
    appreciate our input on following Need and Idea about using 2x Midas HUB4 for connecting 41 channels and 8x stereo IEM
    41 channels on stage, 8 person band, 2xDL16, 1x DL32.
    Need:
    8x stereo wireless IEM from stage, IEM mix by musician's app and FOH engineer
    Idea:
    3x DL stageboxes connected with AES50 to Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    Second midas HUB4 daisy chained over AES50 with first Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    AES50 frome second Midas HUB4 to FOH: Behringer Wing
    Questions:
    Can Midas HUB4 be daisy chained? or do I need 2x AES50 from FOH?
    Can this idea technically be done?
    Are there better/other ways of implementing "need"?
    See attached simple scetch of the set-up in mind
    Thank you, Arie

View Attachment

read more...
    0 26
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Arie, yes the Hub4 can be daisy chained as you suggested. Just make sure the "Port 1-4 AES50 A1-32" is turned off (unlit) on both units, which will allow all 48 inputs from the DL stageboxes to pass through to the Wing.

I just had a look at your attachment and there is one thing you will need to change. Instead of having each of the DL stageboxes attached to the second Hub4, you will need to daisy-chain them as well.

Of course a more "fail-safe" setup would have the dual DP48 connected to the Wing using an AES50 cable and the DL stageboxes connected to the Wing using a second AES50 cable.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Thanks Paul_Vannatto. I made a second drawing according your advice. Looks like a great set-up!
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, that should work for you Arie.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Great! Now I either have to go for the Hub4's or control myself and wait for the Hub8 ?
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not aware of any plans for a Hub8. So I would suggest you get the 2 Hub4's
      • May 5
    • MixingLane
      MixingLane

Final question (I hope ;-) ) Can the Hub4 be used without DP48? So simply in a side rack on stage to make the connection with Wireless IEM transmitters, and the IEM mix be done by the FOH (Behringer Wing). According to the documentation, I think: yes but there is some ambiguous tekst that makes me doubt. Thanks!

• May 10
  • New
    saisivak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-01

Hello, I have been using Midas MR 18 with LD System Maui5, sometimes it works great, and sometimes I don't get any audio. not sure where is the problem. Used M-Edit from Mac for controlling and it has firmware version 1.17.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 9
    • saisivak
      Paul_Vannatto The first thing I would suspect is the XLR cables that connect the MR18 to the Maui5. I did notice in your scene file that the Main LR fader is all the way down (which will stop any Main LR output).
      • May 1
  • New
    DavidVelez
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-04-24

Hello fine gentlemen! I'm doing something wrong with this scene. I record drums with my X32. I use all 32 tracks. I just bought some PA speakers, and I want to route my shells through the PA speakers so that the room mics can hear more shells when I'm tracking. I have the Left PA speaker hooked up to Out 5 and the Right PA Speaker hooked up to Out 6. But I'm clearly doing something wrong because no sound is coming out of the speakers. I'm trying to send all the shell tracks, Tracks 3-24, to Mix Buss 1 and Mix Buss 2 to keep the panning of the shells in place, and then out to Out 5 and 6. 

I have uploaded my scene.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-David

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 8
    • DavidVelez
      Paul_Vannatto Hi David, the Routing, Inputs in Record mode is assigned the Local 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 and 25-32. The Routing, Inputs in Play mode is assigned Local 1-8 to all 4 blocks of 8. That means that neither Record or Play mode will input the tracks from the card. I would suggest you change to the Play mode and assign Card 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 and 25-32.
      • Apr 24
    • DavidVelez
      DavidVelez

Well that was easy, thanks again Paul!!!

• Apr 24
  • New
    jplumey
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-10

Hi,

This morning we noticed during a live event that adjusting on our X32 that our faders for channels (sends on faders off) that the levels were not changing the output levels on L/R, and then we noticed that muting mix1 and mix2 would mute would also mute what was going to the main L/R, which is supposed to be outputs 15 and 16. I can't see anything wrong in the routing. 

I've attached the scene file. This system is maintained by some middle school A/V students so it's possible they messed something u when configuring mix 1 and mix 2, which we want to go out via USB to our live stream system. That seems to work. 

I've opened a ticket with Behringer (I wish I could CALL someone during these times), and also sent them the scene file. I'd appreciate if one of you wizards can take a look and see what's wrong with our configuration.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 22
    • jplumey
      Paul_Vannatto Hi jplumey, I had a look at your scene and the only thing I can see is if you are expecting 15/16 to be Main LR on the stagebox connected to the AES50 B port, that is not what you are getting. Have a look at the Routing, AES50 screen. The second bank of the AES50 B port is assigned Out 1-8. Therefore output of the stagebox 15/16 is actually mixbuses 7/8. Other than that, I see no issues (parallel signal paths, etc.).
      • Feb 10
    • jplumey
      jplumey

Hi Paul. We configured AES50 A as outputs 9-16 since that stage box sits next to the inputs to our main speakers. AES50 B has outputs 1-8.

• Feb 10
    • jplumey
      Paul_Vannatto Have they accidentally switched the AES50 cables on the back of the console, by chance?
      • Feb 11
  • New
    JsunTyler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-09

Advanced Routing Question

My goal is to edit scene called internet so Mains LR are routed to my PC to be an input audio source for Streaming. Both of these scenes were created by support from this forum. Scene Main M32c 1 is sending audio to M32C2 scene internet and is working the way it is intended for streaming. Currently I am using aTEM audio from M32C 2 into OBS again it is working but the gain staging is a pain. The goal is to use Internet M32C 2 as an audio interface that replaces the ATEM audio source. I am close but I can't figure out how to get main LR which has been routed three ways from testing 1/2, 7/8 and 15/16. The challenge also is how I have card routing involved in this setup already. I don't want to mess that up at all. This grop has helped me out in the past, if this is possible I look forward to growing my knowledge more

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 38
    • JsunTyler
      Paul_Vannatto Hey JsunTyler good to see you again. Do I assume that you want to connect the M32C to the PC via USB? If so, OBS wants to see the signal on USB 1/2. To do that with the Internet scene, change the following:

On Routing, User Out screen assign the following:
      * Output 1 -> Out 7 (Main L)
      * Output 2 -> Out 8 (Main R)

On Routing, Card screen assign the following:
      * Output 1-8 -> User Out 1-8
      • Feb 9
  • New
    cjengel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-19

Hello,

We have a Behringer X32 being used for a church.  It is attached to a snake (SD16).  The stage monitor is  hooked up to a SD16 (using output 1 on the snake).  Mixbus 1 has been set to send the monitor to the output on the snake.  12 Microphones go to Mixbus 1.  

A few weeks ago, the monitors stopped working.  We have tried setting up the routing table as per the instructions in the manual, have checked the network cable (it works) .. in fact, we've checked all the cables.  The inputs on the snake work: the drum microphones go through the inputs on the snake as well as 1 wired microphone, and I can hear the drums through the mains mix and see the individual levels for all mics working.  The rest of the microphones do not hook up to the snake - rather, they are plugged in directly to the X32 microphone inputs.  

Right before the monitors stopped working, there were reports of popping/crackling noises coming over the mains output.  I've checked the network cable and in fact, replaced it with a new Cat 5 cable.  

I've attached the routing table for the input and the AES A output.   Many questions are on my mind, but the simplest would be: is the routing table correct.  Would there be any way to test the hardware, as the possibility is that the snake may have problems with its hardware.  

What other things should I be doing here in terms of trying to troubleshoot this machine?  Any advice would be gratefully received!

Regards,

Chris Engel

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 174
    • cjengel
      DaveMorrison We need a bit more information to get a complete picture. The routing for what "Output 1-16' (in the patch point section) is crucial. The routing set here are then sent to AES50 bus. Your AES50 setting look like they might be correct (depending the setting in the "Output 1-16" section. The "Out" switch on the SD16 has to set correctly also. It depends on how things are set in the "Output 1-16" section.
      • December 18, 2021
    • cjengel
      GaryHiggins The crackle and popping is a typical sign of poor cat cable connection or lack of shielded Cat cable WITH ethercons in use. It's a symptom of ESD. If you replaced it with NEW cable it should still work, even if with incorrect cable choices and construction. If your routing is correct (I don't see the table on this Mac) and your cable is new, It may need to be repaired. You might consider trying your Cat cable in port B instead of A. Maybe the A port is damaged. If you can post your scene file that would also help with the routing.
      • December 19, 2021
  • New
    kyostal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-04

Hi MusicTribe Community !
    Hope you are doing well ?

I've got a little problem on my Behringer wing and I don't know why ?
    Here is the setup.

I use my Wing in my control room for recording and P16 Monitoring ( to a Midas M32 R ).
    Each channel is rooted into different Mix Bus, and each channel is not rooted to the MAIN BUS ( only Mix Bus to MAIN BUS ).
    When I want to Solo a DCA or a MixBus, I've got a a very bad sound !!! Like if I am listening in 8bit resolution.

Can you help me ?
    Thanks a lot
    All the best

Sebastien

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 99
    • kyostal
      Paul_Vannatto Without seeing your snapshot, I would hazzard a guess that you have some digital looping happening (eg. bus 1 being sent to bus 1). If you save your snapshot to a USB stick and either attach it to your original post, or save to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link in your next post, I will load it into my Wing and have a look.
      • November 4, 2021
      • Behringer Wing - Solo DCA
        kyostal It's saved in attachment ! Many Thanks
        • November 5, 2021
    • kyostal
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Sebastian, I had a quick look at your snapshot and did not find any internal loops. I'll have to connect a couple of my stageboxes and run some signals through it. Are there any particular channels that cause this bad sound?
      • November 5, 2021
    • kyostal
      kyostal Hi Paul !
      Thank you for your answer.
      It's only when I solo the DCA. I use solo in "ALT input SELECT" when I playback the sound from my computer.
      I checked all my rooting and I didn't find any loop
      • November 5, 2021
    • kyostal
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Sebastian, since it is only in the ALT input select, I can't replicate it here because I don't have your DAW setup. I would suspect that a signal (or signals) that is being sent out the USB to the DAW is also assigned in the DAW as coming directly back to the Wing. All I can suggest is that you isolate which DCA is causing the bad sound, determine which channels are tagged with that DCA, and which USB source that are assigned to that channel(s). Then go back to the DAW and check the output routing. That is probably where the loop is being created.
      • November 5, 2021
    • kyostal
      Paul_Vannatto Please understand that the DCA's themselves have no audio. They are simply like a TV remote control. But the developers have made it so that you can solo a DCA to hear the mix of the signals of the channel strips assigned to that DCA. That means that whatever you are hearing is coming from the DAW when the inputs are assigned to the Alt inputs. Therefore the bad sound has to be coming from the DAW, either as a internal loop or a resulting process of the DAW itself.
      • November 5, 2021
Go to page