Statistics

196,271 members
66,833 posts
  • New
    2020-11-16

Purchased a new Behringer XR18 and I need some help getting it to work.

X-Air-Edit shows signal on the input and main, but there isn't any audible output from the mains or headphones. I have swapped out equipment -- inputs and outputs, several different pairs of headphones -- and I have followed setup and troubleshooting instructions online. Still no sound. My latest test scene is attached.

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 12
    • Aaron Smith
      KevinMaxwell What are you using as the input to test this? Looking at you scene I only see inputs 1 and 2 up and they are taking their input from the 1&2 XLR connectors all of the rest are taking the USB as input. Have you tried bringing up the gain all the way on the channels you are testing to see if there is any noise from the channels being tested??
      • Nov 16
      • XR18 - No Output from Mains or Headphones.
        Aaron Smith Kevin, thanks for the response. In 1&2 XLR, I've tried mics and audio from my iPad. Both show up on X Edit, just no output. I've tried full gain.
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      KevinMaxwell I didn't realize that we could attach scenes here again.
      • Nov 16
        Paul Vannatto Only when you start a new thread (discussion). I'm still trying to get the developers to add the attachment and formatting features to the response posts.
        • ·
        • Nov 16
        Rex Beckett It is also possible to attach scenes to mail responses. They arrive as text files but can be saved as .scn files in some browsers or by using a suitable text editor e.g. NotePad++.
        • ·
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      Rex Beckett Hi Aaron, I can see from your scene that you should get signal from the Main outputs if you have inputs on channels 1 and/or 2. I see that the Aux channel is configured for input from USB 1/2 playback. You should also get Phones output if you turn-up the Phones knob on the console.

When inputs do you have connected and what is the source?

You beat me to it, Kevin.
      • Nov 16
        Aaron Smith I responded to Kevin's post. Thanks!
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      Aaron Smith I submitted a support ticket.
      • Nov 16
  • 2020-10-01

Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on  behalf of Unique Technologies  to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a  trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument,  (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco  Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially  Mercury UPS , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.  

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941
    Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334
    Android App :uniquetechnologiesu

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 12
    • MISHEL david
      Paul Vannatto Mercury UPS are not manufactured by MusicTribe. The purpose of this community (forum) is to support MusicTribe products only.
      • Oct 1
    • MISHEL david
      MISHEL david Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on behalf of Unique Technologies to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument, (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially Professional Mixer , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941

Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334

Android App :uniquetechnologiesu
      • Oct 1
  • Hi! I just purchased a Behringer X32 Rack as a monitor mixer for our band. We are lots of musicians, so I was hoping we could use all XLR ouputs as well as the Aux Out outputs to have a custom mix for every one of us.

The documentation says that all 6 Aux Outs on the X32 rack are balanced TRS connections. However, when I plug some headphones (TRS connector) to any of this Aux Outs I would get sound ONLY ON THE LEFT EAR. Does that mean that this Aux Outs are not really balanced? If they really were balanced I would get sound on both ears, like I do when using the XLR Outs. What's going on here?

Thanks for your help!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 40
    • Jose Manuel Carmona Roldan
      Paul Vannatto Hi Jose, you are mixing up balanced TRS configuration with stereo TRS configuration. The X32 Aux Out jacks are indeed balanced mono outputs (tip=hot+, ring=hot-, sleeve=shield). Headphones require stereo outputs (tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=shield). You will need to use a headphone amp (eg. Behringer P1) that receives 2 balanced inputs and converts it to stereo headphone output.
      • Sep 22
      • X32/M32 Aux Outs. Not balanced?!?!
        Rex Beckett The question about the effect of anti-phase signals in headphones has come up before. I setup a system where I could switch the phase of one ear to hear the difference. It was very noticable. You may have got used to the sound but, to me, it is strange and lacks a sense of position.

Even if the sound is loud enough when driving headphones directly from the XLR outputs, IMO it is not a good thing to do. The XLR outputs are designed to drive loads >= 600 Ohms. If the load is a lower impedance than this, there is a chance that the output drivers could degrade in time due to excessive current and heat. YMMV but I find that the PowerPlay P2 gives a much better sound and the local volume control is very handy.
        • Sep 22
  • 2020-09-14

Can we just upload .SCN files randomly or do we need to start a new post to upload a file?

I tried to post from the "Files" area. FAIL —Wouldn't let me fill in the required catagory boxes.

I like the text editor when we start a new post. Why can't we have it when we reply? And why can't we reply with an upload? Sorry to complain again, but it's vital to upload X/M32 and X/M-Air files (in a reply) to help the users of digital mixers. It's been missing for over 3 month now and the number of Digital mixer users has plummeted in that time. Where are they getting help? The hostile Facebook group?

I've attached a (mostly) "Zeroed" .SCN file for test purposes.

View Attachment

read more...
    0 25
    • Dave Morrison
      Alexander Lane Hi Dave, The files section is basically a deposit for any files uploaded to discussions. Currently you can just upload any file to the main discussion but this will be improved moving forward. In the meantime for comment uploads I would suggest using wetransfer or another upload site.

I have forwarded your comments to the dev team also. Hopefully we can improve the comments section soon!

Thanks!
      • Sep 15
    • Dave Morrison
      Jose Valiente how to download the software for the behringer dx2000 usb
      • Sep 19
      • How is the new "Files" area supposed to work?
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jose,this unit uses a USB Type B and allows a Stereo IN/OUT at 48 Khz sample rate.
        To download the drivers please follow the link below:

http://www.asio4all.org/
        • ·
        • Sep 21