Statistics

223,657 members
97,874 posts
  • New
    nightmarer
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Hello.

I've been trying to setup my Behringer x32 core for bradcasting in Twitch, Zoom, Facebook or whatever, but I'm don't know how to do it.

All the guides I've followed about the rest of x32 devices are useless as they tell you how to do it through the screen menu, which is different to what I have in x-32 edit application.

I'm not able to do it using another way than x32 edit.

When I am selecting the audio device I'm only able to select 1-2 (Behringer X-USB) as input (then I'm just able to send what it is on input 1 or 2), or an output (just the sound comming from any application out of my DAW). Then I'm not able to select what I want to send to the output. In my mixer I don't have a bus which is sent part of the information.

I have attached the scene. How can I do it?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 18
    • nightmarer
      RexBeckett Hello nightmarer, are you running Windows on your PC? This will limit apps that don't support ASIO to two channels. There are two steps required to set the USB 1/2 output that you require. The attached screenshots are from X32 Edit:

On the Routing -> Out 1-16 tab, select the required source buses in rows 1 and 2. I have shown these as Mixbus 1/2 but they can be any bus.

On the Routing -> Card tab, select Out 1-8 as the source for Card outputs 1-8.

It is not clear from your scene if you are using Out 1-8 for some other purpose. If so, you could use the Ultranet table instead. Select the source buses on Routing -> Ultranet rows 1 and 2. Select Ultranet 1-8 on the Routing -> Card tab for outputs 1-8.
      • Feb 22
      • x32-core for broadcasting
        nightmarer Thank you so much, it totally worked!!
        • ·
        • Feb 22
    • nightmarer
      nightmarer You are a god sent. Thank you so much for this, it totally worked.
      • Feb 22
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-02-21

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The original diagram has been updated to reflect the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11739. Earlier and later firmware releases may have different signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

Edit: Diagram revised to correct pre-fader signal taps in Main and Mon buses. (22 Feb 2021)

View Attachment

read more...
    2 48
  • New
    RobertGerritsen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-17

Report, I could nof find my old post anymore, but I thing it is helpful.

Since I could not find the right way to set up how to control a Behringer X-Air with a Behringer BCF2000 on one forum, I wrote the steps down. I own a Behringer X18 (firmware 1.17) and a BCF2000 (firmware 1.10). I have tested it on those devices. Probably it will work on the others mixers and the BCR2000

Setup X-air

In the X Air Edit app: Setup > Audio/Midi> switch off DIN Rx and Din Tx.

Connect the BCF2000 with 2 midi cables Mini-in to Midi out and Midi-out to Midi-in

Switch off the BCF2000

Hold the top button second from left. (Other Mackie modes will also work.)

Switch on the BCF2000

Rotate the most left rotary knob to S-4 (standalone mode)

Press the Exit knob

The leds at Midi-In and Midi-B will flash contently

When moving a fader Midi-A will flash.

View Attachment
    read more...
    1 15
  • New
    Bdog0097
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-01

Good Morning, we are running an x32 for streaming/recording audio. Every week we have had some sort of lock up that a power cycle will fix, 2 weeks ago I did an update to the latest firmware (4.04.1) hoping our problem would be solved. It wasn’t, what happened last week is the boar locked down with a power cycle I noticed when loading the files (during boot process) “NOT FOUND” was constantly loading. How I cured this I did a factory reset then a restore from the last backup that I had.  This week the same thing happened but this time I could not access to factory reset.  Today I knew I was going to be troubleshooting on here so I brought it to my office and when I turned it on all is good.  We can’t afford to have any more downtime with this console, any advice/service I can perform or pay done to ensure this doesn’t happen again?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 22
    • Bdog0097
      KevinMaxwell Changing the power cord has fixed this kind of problems for some people. it is extremely unusual but I have heard of it happening. Some IEC cables just get loose over time. Are you using a true sinewave UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) on the mixer?

And now for a real long shot. Do you have any effects feeding back to themselves? If you want to you can copy the scene you were in when this happened, from your console and post it in your first post in this thread. It only allows you to post a file in the first post of a thread. Go into the edit mode of you post and you will see a place to upload a file. Then we can take a look and see if there looks like there is anything obviously wrong.
      • Feb 1
      • x32 lockup
        Bdog0097 3) with nothing plugged in there isnt any problem with it. it has been running since monday and is still on now.
        • Feb 4
      • x32 lockup
        Bdog0097 4) i am going to try to redo the software. i read on another tread that i need to reinstall 3.0 then go back to 4.0. but i cant find the 3.0 software. do you have any idea how i can get it? thank you so much for helping. i have submitted a ticket and haven't got a reply from music tribe.
        • Feb 4
      • x32 lockup
        KevinMaxwell I just emailed you version 3.07 to your AOL address.
        • Feb 4
  • New
    KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-31

If I don't upload a file in the inital posting of a thread if I am the original poster can I go back and upload a file later. I may need to wait for some one else to post something to this thread to see if it will work.

So I am not uploading a file to start with for this test.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 11
    • KevinMaxwell
      GaryHiggins ill reply
      • Jan 30
      • 2nd upload test
        KevinMaxwell Thank you Gary. Ok it worked. So it looks like if someone starts a thread and we want that person to post there scene we just need to tell them to go back to their first post in that thread and edit it and they will see a place to upload a file there.

And we need them to also add a new post in there thread telling us that they uploaded a file to their first post so we know to go get it from there.
        • ·
        • Jan 30
      • 2nd upload test
        GaryHiggins Great to know we can do this, a positive step at least!
        • Jan 31
  • New
    KevinMaxwell
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-28

This is a test to see if a scene file can be uploaded in the first message of a thread.

I am not even sure whose scene this is.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 5
    • KevinMaxwell
      RexBeckett Yes it does work, Kevin. It's an old (V2.xx) X32 scene. It is also possible to attach a scene file to a Private Message.
      • Jan 28
      • Upload test
        KevinMaxwell I didn't know that you could do that. I hope you don't mind but I am going to try doing that to you.
        • Jan 28
      • Upload test
        KevinMaxwell That looked like it worked. That is better then nothing but the as you know the advantage of posting a scene publicly is anyone interested in trying to help can check out the Scene file and maybe someone can spot an issue.

Thank you for the suggestion.
        • Jan 28
      • Upload test
        RexBeckett Yes it worked. I've sent it back to you.

I agree that it is better to have scenes visible to all of us. That's why I usually suggest people upload them to Google Drive or DropBox and post a sharing link. Maybe one day we'll get a better editor for comments and replies...
        • Jan 28
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

Edit: Firmware V11739 provides several additional routing options. An updated diagram has been attached to a new discussion: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/310428/flow-8-apparent-signal-paths-v11739

read more...
    3 126
    • RexBeckett
      DaveMorrison Nice work. How do you like the Flow8 as a mixer?
      • Jan 22
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        RexBeckett Thanks, Dave. I think that the Flow 8 is great for mixing solo or duo performers and is ideal for many streaming or broadcast applications. The hardware has been well conceived and designed and has many advantages over typical small analogue desks. The Android app needs some attention but most of the functions work.

I see the Flow 8 as filling the space between a small analogue mixer and an XR18. I have been testing it in a multi-participant streaming environment where it replaces a Xenyx QX1002USB + UMC404HD. The Flow 8 is excellent in this role - providing both a physical control surface and the advantages of a digital mixer e.g. instant recall of saved snapshots, remote control and multi-channel recording over USB.
        • ·
        • Jan 22
    • RexBeckett
      Jerrylee1 Thanks for the diagram Rex, the compressor ratios vs percentage good to know. Lots of potential in this little mixer!
      • Jan 22
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett We may as well use this discussion to collect other information that could help new owners of a Flow 8.

In the channel EQ, the Low and High bands are shelving and are specified at 20Hz and 20kHz – outside the range that most of us can hear. They have quite shallow slopes, though, so can be used to shape the bottom and top ends. I have measured the -3dB points (frequencies) for a range of settings.

Low Shelf
      0dB: 18Hz, -3dB: 31.5Hz, -6dB: 100Hz, -9dB: 125Hz, -12dB: 140Hz, -15dB: 180Hz

High Shelf
      0dB: >20kHz, -3dB: 20kHz, -6dB: 8kHz, -9dB: 6.3kHz, -12dB: 5.6kHz, -15dB: 5kHz

I think the bottom end of the Low Shelf is affected by the channel's Low Cut filter. This cannot be turned off so is set to the lowest frequency of 20Hz.
      • Jan 24
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett The Flow 8 responds to Midi messages via the USB connection to a PC. This is a one-way Midi link. The Flow 8 does not transmit any Midi messages. The Midi implementation is well documented in the Quick Start Guide. Continuous Control values can be calculated as shown below.

Fader Levels:
      CC Value = ((dB + 70) * 126 / 80) + 1

Bus Limiters: CC Value = (dB + 30) * 127 / 30

EQ Bands: CC Value = (dB + 15) * 127 / 30

Low Cut: CC Value = (Frequency - 20) * 127 / 580

Channel Gains: CC Value = (dB + 20) * 127 / 80

Pan/Balance: CC Value = (Setting + 1) * 127 / 2
      • Jan 24
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett A frequent question about the Flow 8 is: How easy is it to use a multi-layer surface wthout motorized faders? I find it surprisingly easy - for example:

When you change layers, the Offset LEDs above each fader show you when they are not synchronized. When you move one of the faders, the small LCD screen shows the dB value it should be set to and a moving line shows how far and in which direction you need to move the fader. This is a very handy feature which I have not seen mentioned in any online reviews.

When changing to an FX or Monitor layer to tweak a couple of channel sends, it is not necessary to synchronize all the channel faders. You only need to sync the ones that you want to change. This also reduces the number of offsets when returning to the Main layer.

Once the principle settings are in place, I tend to leave the physical surface on the Main layer. This allows easy adjustment of channel and Main faders. I have a 7" tablet running the Flow Mix app to allow tweaks to EQ, Compressors or FX parameters. In practice, once it is sounding good, the tablet is not essential.
      • Jan 25
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        Jerrylee1 Same way of working as on the earlier Studiolive Presonus mixers, it works well.
        • Jan 26
  • New
    bubbaguth
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-12

Scenes, Cue's, etc. that are stored locally in the X32 Edit application appear in their respecitve list when created.  Does anyone know where the files are physically located on a Mac?  I realize you can export/import them, but I need to recall them from a backup disk.  I searched ~library folders, application package contents, hard drive, etc. I can't find the location of where the app is storing them or understand how this works. 

Thanks

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 31
  • New
    mrgadfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-16

Purchased a new Behringer XR18 and I need some help getting it to work.

X-Air-Edit shows signal on the input and main, but there isn't any audible output from the mains or headphones. I have swapped out equipment -- inputs and outputs, several different pairs of headphones -- and I have followed setup and troubleshooting instructions online. Still no sound. My latest test scene is attached.

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 26
    • mrgadfly
      KevinMaxwell What are you using as the input to test this? Looking at you scene I only see inputs 1 and 2 up and they are taking their input from the 1&2 XLR connectors all of the rest are taking the USB as input. Have you tried bringing up the gain all the way on the channels you are testing to see if there is any noise from the channels being tested??
      • November 16, 2020
      • XR18 - No Output from Mains or Headphones.
        mrgadfly Kevin, thanks for the response. In 1&2 XLR, I've tried mics and audio from my iPad. Both show up on X Edit, just no output. I've tried full gain.
        • November 16, 2020
    • mrgadfly
      KevinMaxwell I didn't realize that we could attach scenes here again.
      • November 16, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Only when you start a new thread (discussion). I'm still trying to get the developers to add the attachment and formatting features to the response posts.
        • ·
        • November 16, 2020
        RexBeckett It is also possible to attach scenes to mail responses. They arrive as text files but can be saved as .scn files in some browsers or by using a suitable text editor e.g. NotePad++.
        • ·
        • November 16, 2020
    • mrgadfly
      RexBeckett Hi Aaron, I can see from your scene that you should get signal from the Main outputs if you have inputs on channels 1 and/or 2. I see that the Aux channel is configured for input from USB 1/2 playback. You should also get Phones output if you turn-up the Phones knob on the console.

When inputs do you have connected and what is the source?

You beat me to it, Kevin.
      • November 16, 2020
        mrgadfly I responded to Kevin's post. Thanks!
        • November 16, 2020
    • mrgadfly
      mrgadfly I submitted a support ticket.
      • November 16, 2020
  • MISHEL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on  behalf of Unique Technologies  to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a  trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument,  (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco  Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially  Mercury UPS , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.  

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941
    Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334
    Android App :uniquetechnologiesu

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 47
    • MISHEL
      Paul_Vannatto Mercury UPS are not manufactured by MusicTribe. The purpose of this community (forum) is to support MusicTribe products only.
      • October 1, 2020
    • MISHEL
      MISHEL Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on behalf of Unique Technologies to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument, (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially Professional Mixer , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941

Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334

Android App :uniquetechnologiesu
      • October 1, 2020
Go to page