Statistics

306,008 members
190,353 posts
  • New
    BenjaminFarmer
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-11-13

Years ago I posted this and just ignored it.  Now once again I have to circle back around to do file managment on my M32c and see that even on the new FW the LOAD SHOW function screws up loading a showfile that was just exported.

The first SNP file (0) loads in the name for the first SNP file but loads in the settings for the second (1) SNP. I don't use #6 and when Loading that now it blanks out the #5 SNP.  This is not an issue in the export, only the importing.

Unzip and put these files onto a USB and then try doing a Load Show from the M32C screen.  Then open up the .SHW file and look...doesn't match.

Try it with new data.  Make a set of SNPs and put some spaces in the numbering.  Export it then re-load it.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 5
  • New
    ElSonadista
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Greetings Tribers! Hoping one of you x32 experts can give me a hand...

First off, yes, I have read another similar thread on this topic (where the x32 Rack was only for monitors), but I'm still struggling with this. Here is a quick synopsis of the problem:

I use an x32 Rack on stage and mix from the audience with a computer running x32 Edit. I work with a bunch of bar bands, so this setup is more than big enough to drive the self powered FoH mains / subs, and a bunch of wired & wireless in-ears monitors (mostly Behringer P2 boxes in mono mode). I have one lead singer in one of the bands who loves to hear the same reverb effect I've applied to FoH on his in-ears monitors. I've gotten this to work on an X-Air 16, but when I try to do the same on the x32, absolutely no effects go to Mix Bus 1 aka In-Ears #1 which goes to OUT1 (in Behringer nomoclature) on the back of the mixer.

I've included screen caps of both the Main LR sends (reverb working perfectly), and the Mix Bus 1 sends (Ian IEM), where no reverb is heard on the in-ears at all, despite having the exact same amount of FX send dialed in. Also included is the x32 Rack SCN file for this particular band - it is very basic, not even a DCA because the drummer uses a Yamaha EAD10 all-in-one drum mic-ing & processing solution.

Happy to upload any additional screen caps or add any additional info, just let me know what. Many thanks in advance!!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 26
    • ElSonadista
      Paul_Vannatto Screenshots are pretty useless, since they don't show all the console settings. The attached scene file is what is needed. The reason the Ian IEM is not getting the FX (wet signal) is because you have not sent the FX returns to that bus. Switch to the Aux FX layer of channel strips and send the FX returns (eg. FX1 L, FX1 R, etc.) to the Ian IEM bus.
      • May 18
    • ElSonadista
      ElSonadista

Perfect, thank you... One thing that may have been confounding me is that I was playing with this in my storage area, and so the mains were nowhere near concert levels. Well, the Main L+R bus was at 0, but the channel volumes were set low to a domestic setting. I did not realize that the Main L+R bus channel 1 (Ian) level needed to be up into a normal performance range in order for the FX to also be sent to the Mix Bus 1 (Ian IEM), so I was wearing the IEM pack, wireless mic in hand, and had a nice loud vocal volume in the IEM, but the mains were at a whisper level, and I was getting no reverb effect at all in the IEM. If you have a moment, could you please clarify why the routing works that way... I'm assuming that this is the way it's supposed to work? I really appreciate the help, and so will Ian this coming Friday night.

• May 18
    • ElSonadista
      Paul_Vannatto No, it has nothing to do with the Main levels. That is not the reason why the Ian IEM bus is not getting the FX (wet signal). Please re-read my previous post. I explained it very clearly why it isn't happening and how to fix it.
      • May 18
    • ElSonadista
      Grandon Hi ElSonadista. Here are some photos to help illustrate what Paul_Vannatto has already said. It seems you might not have understood his explanation. I hope these help.
      • May 24
  • New
    DonSealer
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-26

Wondering if I'm in the right place to get help with my xr18?.  It's been about 6 years since I purchased it.  I use it in my studio and hasn't really left the studio in almost all that time.  Right now I'm stuch with not being able to get reverb fx.  I am able to get delay fx but not reverb.  I don't understand why.  If this is the site to get help with this problem I'm going to upload the scn file.

Thanks,

Don.........

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 18
    • DonSealer
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Don, your Verb bus is muted.
      • October 26, 2021
    • DonSealer
      DonSealer

Thank you Paul. I don't know how I didn't see that. I've been back and forth comparing reverb & delay settings but I didn't see that. Thank you,Don.....

• October 26, 2021
  • New
    JsunTyler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-30

I made the mistake of shutdown and update before a show. I know I am not sure why but this was a huge mistake because at the show I discovered my usb audio driver for xlive was not working anymore. I lost the battle at the show of trying to figure this out but now I am home and still having issues.

Ableton

I use ableton to send click tracks into x32rack which support helped me figure out the routing sometime ago. After the update ableton would say it could not open the xlive audio driver. After rebooting, checking cables I did not get the error but no signal was being sent back to the rack via card routing anymore

PC

On my windows laptop for outputs it shows xlive but no audio is passing through

M32C

I also connect a m32c on this same laptop which uses the same scene as attached and it works no problem so I am at a loss on this one

Things I have tried to resolve this issue

Uninstalled as many updates as my laptop would allow

Uninstalled xlive driver and reinstalled several times

Gone through Regedit and removed any behringer references and reinstall xlive v4.59.0 driver

Tried various usb cables to see if that was the issue

When testing the audio driver in windows alone the tone does register audio from xlive drive

Other applications do not work with xlive audio that use to such as ableton and Adobe Audition

restored my laptop back as far as I could which was 6/19

View Attachment

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 155
    • JsunTyler
    • JsunTyler
      Paul_Vannatto You say you updated before you had issues. But you didn't say what you updated - X32 Rack firmware, X-Live drivers, Windows OS, Ableton, etc.
      • September 30, 2021
    • JsunTyler
      JsunTyler

What is really strange about this is how is M32C working properly on the same laptop? Why would windows choose to treat the driver differently when I only have the xlive driver installed? There are now windows drivers for midas that i have installed.

• October 1, 2021
    • JsunTyler
      Paul_Vannatto Does the M32C have the DN32 card or the DN32-Live card installed? Does the X32 Rack have the X-USB card or the X-Live card installed? Each card uses its own USB drivers. So if the M32C has the DN32-Live card and the X32 Rack has the X-Live card, you need separate drivers for each.
      • October 1, 2021