Statistics

260,695 members
139,319 posts
  • New
    amado57
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Hello people,

My V55 is making these horrendous popping, thunderous sounds when some volume is applied. Also I can not get any reverb out of it, as well as noticed the Bass, Mid and Treble have very little or no effect. Replaced the Tubes, re-seated the tubes several times, checked for cold solder joints, I have tested both the +15 and +5 Vdc out of the 7815 and 7805 Regulators OK. The amp plays my guitar OK, nice and clean, when it is not going crazy with the horrible popping sounds. I am thinking that maybe my main board has gone bad?  Or could it be the smaller daughter card that runs the reverb, that has gone bad. Any ideas?  I also tested that the problem is there in both Triode and pentode mode. I am going to try to remove, one by one the pre-amp tube, stages to see if the problem appears to be stop. Maybe get lucky and a resistor or cap in that area has gone bad. But at this point I am really stuck. I have opened a ticket with support, but they must be very busy. (have not heard back from anyone yet) My support case # is CAS-488499-W9D1K4. I also am trying to find out the cost of both the main board, an also the smaller daughter card that is attached if it is not included.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 11