Statistics

182,508 members
51,618 posts
  • 2020-09-03

I just bought the podcast bundle with the c-1, HMP1000 headphones and the UM2 interface. i need to urgently record voice over work and the hissing sound in the background is too loud. When I increase input gain it gets even louder, when i decrease it the mic does not detect my voice at all.

I am using Audacity with settings on MME + recording via the C1 only and only listening through the headphones.

Please assist me to clear this annoying noise? Is it even possible or is the product just not that great?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 11
    • Emihle Majikija
      Kyle Johnson There are several factors that could be at play here. If you have access to another Mic and XLR cable, I'd start by swapping pieces to determine which one is causing the issue. You could also disconnect the mic entirely, and see if you have the same level of noise without any inputs connected to the UM2. It could also be a USB problem, do you have access to another USB cable you can swap in?
      • Sep 3
      • UM2 PODCAST BUNDLE WITH DISTURBING "WHITE"  NOISE IN THE BACKGROUND
        Kyle Johnson That is a very high amount of noise. Could you please submit a support ticket by clicking the support link at the top of the page? I think one or more of the components of your system may be faulty.
        • Sep 8
  • 2020-07-21

The Tribe came through for me last time, so I'm back again with a lot more knowledge, but still getting stumped by this one! We are testing some gear for a new studio and have the X32 LIVE SD recording card on loan. We installed the card into our X32 to try for some live shows, but we are separately working on a big recording project using Logic Pro X--so I of course have scenes for both so I could toggle between the functions. I thought this would work, but I'm at a loss.

When I loaded my REC scene to playback a new song for mixing, I get absolutely nothing for audio output. I can see the signal in Logic, and can't find any configuration on the X32 that sends this signal to my monitor controller. I didn't change any routing on the X32 from the way it previously worked. Our speaker/amp configuration is the same. I don't know 100% if it's a problem with routing or with the X32 LIVE card, or maybe I wrongly believed it would still interface the same as the X-USB card did? I'm uploading the scene we used previously that WORKED with the X-USB card--all I had to do was load the scene and turn up the knobs.

For reference, I'd been tracking 16 ch into Logic Pro X from the X32, then assigning certain instruments/groups in Logic back through the X32 for use with PowerPlay pods for multi-person recording, which is why the P16s are in use in the Card Output assignments. I thought I was starting to really get a grasp of routing this machine, but I can't even get this to output to my studio monitor controller for mixing. VERY frustrating and humbling.

Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance on this one! It's late here, so I'm giving up for the night. I'll check back tomorrow and hopefully one of you amazing folks can step up and help me out with this monster!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 31
    • Brittany Rees
      Gary Higgins Hello Brittany, I don't think your scene showed up correctly, try using drop box or similar to send a link to it. One big drawback with this new forum is the inability to attach scenes, it's unfortunate. It's probably a setting for the X-live card. Either with the record/playback/auto settings for sd or the main usb/sd setting period. I tried to attach a picture of where to look, for some reason i can't do it at the moment. I will try later.
      • Jul 21
      • Routing X32/DN32 with P16s
        Gary Higgins Looks like this worked....anyway...I would guess first, the top left setting being at sd and not usb, or just the opposite. If not it could be the channel routing settings for record/playback or auto below it. I believe the setting there applies to both the usb and sd recorder. The routing is different there depending on how it is set up
        • Jul 21
        Gary Higgins Depending on which setting below, the routing has to be set for each. Then when you choose Automatic in the above pic, the routing changes when you hit record or play.
        • Jul 21
        Brittany Rees Thank you for looking into this a bit--I didn't realize the scene wouldn't share like I have done previously. I'm excited to jump into this again later today to test this out and see if that's where my settings are off from your suggested screen shots. I'm using the X32 Rack, so I'm not sure my screens look quite the same--I hope I can find these settings and apply the right switches. Thank you!
        • Jul 21
        Paul Vannatto If you are using the X32 Rack front panel to setup your scenes and routing, I would strongly recommend using the X32-Edit app instead, since it is so much easier to do and much easier to see what you are doing. I do a lot of scene preparation for events (before the Covid-19 shutdown) and use X32-Edit (and/or M32-Edit). Using the front panel would be brutally hard IMO.
        • ·
        • Jul 21
        Gary Higgins Those screen shots are from X/M32-Edit, and I totally agree with Paul, way too difficult to do without this program.
        • Jul 21
    • Brittany Rees
      RolandoF_García Hello Every body, Iam having a problem with X18 Air. The USB port dont work. I cant work with interface.
      • Jul 21
        Paul Vannatto This has nothing to do with this thread (X32/DN32 with P16). Please start a new thread with much more details that you are providing
        • Jul 21