Statistics

207,575 members
79,662 posts
  • HenrikMidtgaard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-02-24
    Dear customers,

Welcome to the new home of the TC Helicon forum!

As previously announced, we've moved our forum onto this new one, featuring a lot of the other MUSIC brands.

You should receive a welcome email within the next few days, with all the details to on-board you onto to the integrated experience. We request you to reset your password that will open door to a wealth of information related to all MUSIC brands and collaborate with a broader group of MUSIC customers.

At the moment some links appear as text, but we are working to resolve that at the moment.

Warmest regards
    Your TC Helicon team
    read more...
    4 2,813
  • Michael_Lapke
    Triber Moderator
    2017-02-10
    Salutations to the Forum Community!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there will be some service maintenance happening on our servers this weekend which may affect the ability to use our Music-Group.com website and community forums. Here's the details:

Sat, 11 Feb, 1800 - 0200 SGT (Network Downtime: 8 hours)
    Sun, 12 Feb, 1200 - 2000 SGT (Buffer only: 8 hours)
    Affects: store.music-group.com

Sun, 19 Feb, 0900 - 1700 SGT (Network Downtime: 8 hours)
    Affects: store.music-group.com

Sun, 19 Feb, 0900 - 1300 SGT (Network Downtime: 2-4 hours)
    Affects:
    - www.music-group.com
    - www.tannoy.com
    - forum.music-group.com
    - news.music-group.com

We appreciate everyones patience while this server maintenance is taking place. Thank you for your cooperation and please enjoy the rest of your week!
    read more...
    1 17,294
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2017-02-06
    Dear all,

While you're patiently awaiting your new MR18/MR12 digital mixers, you can now head over to the iOS App Store and download the M-AIR app for iPad!

MIDAS M-AIR iPad app for MR18/MR12
    M-AIR allows you to control the mixing, processing and effects functions of MIDAS' MR18 & MR12 digital audio mixers right from your iPad.

M-AIR Version 1.5 delivers simple and advanced control features for the MR18 & MR12 mixers. The user interface is providing a access to mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses and editing 4 internal stereo effects processors, with highest professional audio quality. It provides customisable fader layers, Automixing, DCA and Mute Group control, as well as access to the 64 internal snapshots memory of MIDAS M-AIR mixers. The M-AIR app can be used in demo mode for offline show preparation, when no mixer is available.

KEY FEATURES
    * Control all Levels for Inputs 1 – 18, incl. Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom, Stereo Link
    * Control all mixer internal snapshot memory, DCA groups, Mute groups and Automixing
    * Full EQ Control – fine-tune the 4-/6-band parametric or 31-band graphic equalizers with RTA support
    * Metering Overview – all levels at a glance
    * Control bus send levels of input channels conveniently from their channel faders
    * Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Dynamics, EQ and Bus Sends editing pages
    * Full Effects editing GUI screens for all 61 internal FX types
    * Gate and Dynamics offer either simple preset-based control or advanced, in-depth parameter control
    * Create custom presets for each component of your M-AIR processing, or entire mixer scenes on your iPad
    * Control background music or stereo recording on USB drives with MR12 mixers

REQUIREMENTS
    MR18/MR12 mixer firmware V1.15 or higher recommended
    iPad with iOS 9 or higher
    read more...
    2 5,363
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2017-01-12
    Dear all,

We're very pleased to announce the release of firmware G3.4.2 for PRO1, PRO2, PRO2C, and PRO X consoles!

Version G3.4.2
    This document constitutes a formal release of Pro 1/2/2C/X software for public usage.

New Features

No new features - this is a bug fix release only

Addressed Issues

- Neutron: Update Neutron DSP Audio FPGA
    - Neutron: Update PROX altona layout
    - Neutron: Add set command for mgt link 1 on audio fpga
    - Effects: Fixed issue where GEQ parameters could cause Spectrum Analyzer to reboot

Update Procedure
    Update procedure for Pro X console From G3.2.x to G3.4.2 with new Neutron NB expansion module attached.

N.B. Update of Neutron NB “IO Card” will require Pro X system to be on compatible build before NB module is recognised. This will mean that on the initial update from G3.2.6 or earlier the following steps will be required for a one off update.

1. Download the ".tar" update file for your console
    2. Copy the file into "DL1upgrades", "DL2upgrades" or "DL3upgrades" for Pro 1, Pro 2/2C or Pro X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4.2 via USB as normal
    4. Update full Pro X system from G3.2.x to G3.4.2
    5. Power cycle system twice (as per-normal)
    6. Run G3.4.2 updater via USB again
    7. Update IO Card to G3.4.2
    8. Power cycle system twice

From this point The Neutron NB expansion module (a.k.a “IO Card”) should be recognised by both the Pro X system and the Pro X updater app (USB updater).

Once the system has reached this point the whole system, including the Neutron NB expansion module, can be updated in the regular way with only one pass of the updater application.

Update procedure for

- Pro 1
    - Pro 2 and Pro 2C
    - Pro X system WITHOUT Neutron NB installed
    - Pro X system WITH Nuetron NB and G3.4 or G3.4.1 already installed

Regular update procedure using USB stick

1. Download the ".tar" update file for your console
    2. Copy the file into "DL1upgrades", "DL2upgrades" or "DL3upgrades" for Pro 1, Pro 2/2C or Pro X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4.2 via USB as normal
    4. Update full Pro X system to G3.4.2
    read more...
    3 6,803
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2016-10-06
    Dear all,

We have just officially released new updated versions of our M32 EDIT 3.1 and M32 Firmware V 3.07 and both are available as free downloads from www.midasconsoles.com.

M32-EDIT 3.1 (2016-10-04)
    - Crash when editing scribble color and name concurrently
    - Mismatch of displaying DCA- and Mute Group assignments in channel
    strip, after changing the status in offline mode
    - Typo "Sceenes" in Setup/Gui prefs
    - Automatic re-connect dialog on startup clipped with high screen
    resolution "resize" settings
    - DCA meters in main mixer view not working
    - Name editing/customization for fader bank buttons
    - Restore window width is not working on startup
    - Add a modifier key for adjusting EQ q-factor (=> CMD + tap-drag)
    - App fails to populate the recorder track list properly, when more
    than 44 tracks per folder
    - Writing scenes to disk removes the scene-notes
    - FX5-8 insert status and assignment not properly populated
    - Snippet not updating the mixer safes in EDIT3.0 app
    - No talkback buttons in main window
    - Mouse over FX values are indicated directly for rotary elements,
    while faders require a change to display the value over it
    - Autoselect only when clicking and moving a fader
    - Improved meter display ballistics for decaying or declining levels
    - Add small channel insert button on mixer overview page, replacing
    the channel link icon, which is now indicated next to the fader track
    - FX5-8 metering bug > fixed
    - FX1-4 DualCombinator > page B inaccurate settings
    - Send indicator for stereo subgroups on mixer overview page should
    not have a separate pan slider
    - Current snippet flags for Mixer: "Config" and "Solo" are misleading,
    rename to "Monitor" and "Talkback" respectively
    - Setup/Mixer/Synchronization > typo 3rd bullet should be "AES50 B"
    - Scene creation dialog issue fixed
    - Solo/MC metering separated and new floating Main Meters utility created

Known issues: Some improvements were made regarding Win10 touch interfaces,
    but root cause of double triggering could not be resolved within the sdk yet.

Tested on RPi2 Raspbian, Ubuntu and Xubuntu Linux, Win-7 and Win10 64-bit,
    MacOSX 10.6.8, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra

Firmware 3.07 (2016-10-04):
    Improvements:
    - X-TOUCH channel color and name refresh update problem corrected
    - X-TOUCH assigning mute groups fixed
    - Labels on snippet page corrected (console scope)
    - Fader tolerance issue with some M series consoles fixed
    read more...
    1 18,662
  • CraigFraser
    Triber Alumni
    2016-09-09

Hi All!

First, sorry for being afk for a bit. I was at some training and then took a bit of a holiday. Should have let you know Smiley Happy

Second, we'll be making some changes to the forums and the staff in the next several months.

The forum MAY be moved again as we integrate with the Music Group support (CARE) system. I'm hoping that will be a good thing if it happens, since we all know the weird deficiencies of this particular forum. Maybe you'll even be able to edit your own posts! Miracle! Smiley Wink

If and when we decide to to a move of the forums, I'll give as much warning as I possibly can.

I will also be stepping back from the forum as the day-to-day problem solver/helper guy and Spencer (who's already been posting a bit here) will take over that responsibility. I'm finding that my new Product Manager role is demanding me put my efforts into other areas, so I need to free up some time.

That doesn't mean I'll be gone though. It's that I'll be running more of the "VoiceLive 4" type threads where we talk about future products and ideas, rather than me doing the "how do I do X with Y" type responses. Spencer is awesome and can totally take care of everyone on that front.

Spencer will start doing the tech responses pretty much right away.

Cheers,
    Craig

read more...
    1 3,219
    • CraigFraser
      FloydVincent
      Welcome Spencer!

Floyd Otis
      • December 2, 2016
    • CraigFraser
      DannyG
      Spencer, are you still monitoring this Community Forum? I'm new and just poking around seeing lots of unanswered questions in posts.

Are we on the wrong forum? Did you move to a Music Group forum?
      • February 1, 2017
    • CraigFraser
      TCH-Spencer Hey, uh.. Email,
      Yep I'm still here! There are plans to change over the forum eventually but I can't speak as to when that'll happen, higher powers and all that. I come on here between projects here in the office and answer posts on a FIFO basis. Posts have been getting about a month to stew and get answered by other users before I get to them, not really by choice but because my queue of unanswered posts hit an asymptote of about a month. fortunately the majority of folks who need immediate help tend to hit up our Facebook page and support team (troubleshooting, warranties, availability, etc.). I'm grateful there are very capable users here in the user forum that often help out newbies and share tech tips. As you've noticed I haven't been able to get to every post, it's not really possible for me given my responsibilities here in the office. But rest assured I do keep a queue going and many of the unanswered posts you're referring to are either already answered on another medium (Facebook or Support) or are on my list. Thanks for poking around though, I genuinely appreciate people care about getting each other help here :]
      • February 1, 2017
    • CraigFraser
      colinwade
      Hi,

Could you please tell me how I can get the harmony sound of the Everly Brothers on my TC Helecom 3.

Many thanks and kind regards Colin.
      • February 5, 2017
    • CraigFraser
      TCH-Spencer
      Hey Colin, you'll have better luck if you create a new post in the VoiceLive 3 community rather than commenting here. Preset requests don't always get a response, but sometimes they do, and you'll have more people seeing your request if it's in its own thread.
      • February 9, 2017
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2016-09-07
    G3.4.1 PRO1/2/2C/X

Version G3.4.1 (01 September 2016)

This document constitutes a formal release of PRO1/2/2C/X software for public usage.

NEW FEATURES
    No new features - this is a bug fix release only

ADDRESSED ISSUES
    • Neutron NB: Dante CM-1 persists internal configuration over power cycle
    • Neutron NB: Improved stability of CM-1 start-up in Neutron NB
    • Updater: Fixed redboot issue for TFTP update
    • Updater/DN9680: Improved stability of IO unit detection in updater app when updating units via DN9680 network
    • Groups: Right channel of Overlay Stereo Pairs in VCA/POP now selected by tapping channel
    button on Input bay as well as output bay
    • Effects: Fixed text display issue for Automixer when called in FX mode
    • Effects: Reverb M350 wet setting is now fully wet.
    • Effects: Resolved issue where Pitch Shifter could cause noise when used in conjunction
    with reverbs

UPDATE PROCEDURE

Update procedure for PRO X console From G3.2.x to G3.4.1 with new Neutron NB expansion module attached.

N.B. Update of Neutron NB “IO Card” will require PRO X system to be on compatible build before NB module is recognised. This will mean that on the initial update from G3.2.6 or earlier the following steps will be required for a one off update.

1. Download the “.tar” update fi le for your console
    2. Copy the file into “DL1Upgrades”, “DL2Upgrades” or “DL3Upgrades” for PRO1, PRO2/2C or PRO X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4.1 via USB as normal
    4. Update full PRO X system from G3.2.x to G3.4.1
    6. Run G3.4.1 updater via USB again
    7. Update IO Card to G3.4.1

From this point The Neutron NB expansion module (a.k.a “IO Card”) should be recognised by both the PRO X system and the PRO X updater app (USB updater).

Once the system has reached this point the whole system, including the Neutron NB expansion module, can be updated in the regular way with only one pass of the updater application.

Update procedure from G3.2..x or G3.4 to G3.4.1 for
    • PRO1
    • PRO2 and PRO2C
    • PRO X system WITHOUT Neutron NB installed
    • PRO X system WITH Neutron NB and G3.4 already installed

1. Download the “.tar” update file for your console
    2. Copy the file into “DL1Upgrades”, “DL2Upgrades” or “DL3Upgrades” for PRO1, PRO2/2C or PRO X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4.1 via USB as normal
    4. Update full PRO X system from G3.2.x to G3.4.1
    read more...
    1 6,718
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2016-09-06
    MIDAS M32 V 3.04 Firmware

The M32 Firmware Update V 3.0 features performance enhancements to the MIDAS M32 operating system. The Version 3.0 firmware adds automixing with Dugan-style gain sharing on two independent groups to the input channel 1-8 processing. Mixing speech oriented events such as boards or panels, presentations, corporate or worship events from MIDAS M32 has never been easier. The automatic mixer algorithm dependably distributes the total amount of gain among the assigned channels in the same group, considering their speech level, fader level and the adjustable weighing factors. The speaker with the highest combination of volume, fader level and weighing factor will receive higher gain in the mix, while the others would be attenuated by the same amount, ensuring a stable low background noise floor without any gating/ducking artifacts. The update to 3.0 also allows you to control the MIDAS M32 remotely using Behringer X-TOUCH control surfaces via Ethernet network or MIDI, directly.

MIDAS is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable operating system, so that you always experience the best possible performance from your M32. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates regularly.

Note: It is recommended that you backup all data (export Show and Libraries to USB) before updating, as a firmware upgrade may erase data currently stored on your M32. Please be aware that firmware 3.0 is required for our new M32-Edit 3.0 on PC / Mac / Linux computers, preferably in wired networks. Connect the M32 to a Wifi router for controlling it wirelessly with M32-Mix 2.3 or higher on Apple iPads (min. iOS 7), or with X/M32-Mixingstation for Android (min. 4.0). Note that automixing control will be supported on the iPad in a future release of the M32-Mix app.

ENHANCEMENTS
    • Supports new X32-EDIT 3.0 remote control application for Win/MacOSX/Linux/RPi2

NEW FEATURES
    • NEW Automixing option for input channels 1-8 with adjustable weighing and metering

• 2 independent automix groups available to cater for separate source groups or zones

• Channel scribble displays indicate the automix group assignment “X” or “Y” in channels 1-8

• Automix Group X and Group Y Master switches can be assigned to function buttons

• New cross-over filter option in Main LR and Mono/Center bus EQs

• New output phase inversion switch available on all outputs, aux outs and Ultranet channels

• Now supports networked and MIDI remote control directly from BEHRINGER X-TOUCH control surfaces
    read more...
    1 14,682
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2016-05-27
    Dear all,

We're pleased to announce the release of our latest Offline Editor G3.4 for PRO Series consoles!

G3.4 Offline Editor (OSX)

Version G3.4 OE (25 May 2016)

This document constitutes a formal release of Apple Mac OSX software for public usage. This release covers offline editors for PRO1, PRO2/2C and PRO X and provides compatibility with the G3.4 release for these consoles. These Offline Editors will run on Apple OSX Mavericks (v10.9), Yosemite (v10.10) and El Capitan (v10.11)

NEW FEATURES

Neutron NB expansion card configuration
    - 10 x additional AES50 SMAC ports
    - Fully configurable ports work as an expansion of the existing standard 8 AES50 ports on the Neutron and three FoH AES50 ports on the PRO X surface
    - 2 x CM-1 expansion ports
    - ASRC allows for separate external clock sync of module (card dependent)
    - Or module and it’s network can clock from Neutron
    - Allows for the configuring of the following CM-1 modules
    - KLARK TEKNIK MADI
    - KLARK TEKNIK USB
    - KLARK TEKNIK AES50
    - Audinate Dante 64

New Effects
    - Automixer
    - TC Electronic M350 Reverb

Mono master link to Stereo Masters option enabled (PRO1)

ADDRESSED ISSUES

- Effects: De-esser bypass button realigned
    - Automation: Solos no longer clear on scene change
    - Naming Sheet: Fixed issue where selecting Input 1-16 from drop down menu would call AuxS 1-16 instead
    - GUI: Contributions to AuxS now correctly displayed following input mode change

UPDATE PROCEDURE

How to install the offline editor on OSX:

1. Copy the file below to an Apple Macintosh computer
    2. Double-click the file
    3. Accept the license agreement
    4. Drag the Midas Offline Editor icon onto the “Drop here to install” icon
    5. The program is then automatically installed and can be clicked to start it

Minimum Specifications (for application only)
    - Apple Mac with OSX 10.7 (Lion) or above
    - 4GB RAM
    - 500MB HDD available

Operational Considerations

How to install the offline editor on OSX

- Download the dmg fi le from the midasconsoles.com website to your Mac
    - Double click on the icon
    - Follow the on screen instructions
    read more...
    1 3,772
  • ChaseMcKnight
    Triber Contributor
    2016-05-27
    Dear all,

We're very pleased to announce the release of firmware G3.4 for PRO1, PRO2, PRO2C, and PRO X consoles!

Version G3.4 (25 May 2016)

This document constitutes a formal release of PRO1/2/2C/X software for public usage.

NEW FEATURES

Neutron NB expansion card
    - 10 x additional AES50 SMAC ports
    - Fully configurable ports work as an expansion of the existing standard 8 AES50 ports on the Neutron and three FoH AES50 ports on the PRO X surface
    - 2 x CM-1 expansion ports
    - ASRC allows for separate external clock sync of module (card dependent)
    - Or module and it’s network can clock from Neutron
    - Allows for the configuring of the following CM-1 modules
    - KLARK TEKNIK MADI
    - KLARK TEKNIK USB
    - KLARK TEKNIK AES50
    - Audinate Dante 64

New Effects
    - Automixer
    - TC Electronic M350 Reverb

Auto Config
    - Option in Config dialogue pop up (Diagnostics page only)
    - Automatically configures all connected IO units
    - Non-destructive update, will leave pre-configures slots and patching unchanged
    - Additional option to un-configure all current units (and patching)

PRO Xb Support

Mono master link to Stereo Masters (PRO1)

ADDRESSED ISSUES
    - Surface: Resolved and issues where surface could occasionally freeze for 5-10 sec when unfolding user mode POP/VCA groups with Overlay Stereo Pairs
    - DL231: Fixed and stabilised output configuration from B side
    - DL231: Now able to configure outgoing MIDI via AES50
    - DL231: Resolved diagnostics errors when PRO1 or 2 connected to B side of DL231 with PRO 369X connected to A side
    - Diagnostics: Correction to 5V -10% tolerance
    - Automation: Direct outs recalled correctly with store/recall scopes
    - Automation: +48 V no longer causing clicks on occasion when used with store/recall scopes
    - Talk/Osc: audio only routed to left channel of two linked channels
    - MIDI: Improvements to existing MIDI functionality
    - Effects: De-esser bypass button realigned
    - DL451: redundant swap back to X (primary) from Y (redundant) resolved
    - D-Sub: Fixed issue with gain control for D-Sub on DL351 and DL451
    - Automation: Solos no longer clear on scene change
    - Naming Sheet: Fixed issue where selecting Input 1-16 from drop down menu would call AuxS 1-16 instead
    - Shutdown system: monitor log now separated from boot log.
    - Shutdown system: Improved shutdown sequence will result in surface going green in under a minute.
    - Effects: Metering no longer seen for unpatched channels in effects
    - GUI: Contributions to AuxS now correctly displayed following input mode change
    - GEQ: Linked stereo GEQ can now be flattened from surface in GEQ mode
    - IO Config: Resolved issue where PRO1 could start up in state where IO unit ID number could not be selected

UPDATE PROCEDURE

Update procedure for PRO X console From G3.2.x to G3.4 with new Neutron NB expansion module attached.

NB module is recognised. This will mean that on the initial update from G3.2.6 or earlier the following steps will be required for a one off update.

2. Copy the file into “DL1upgrades”, “DL2upgrades” or “DL3upgrades” for PRO1, PRO 2/2C or PRO X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4 via USB as normal
    4. Update full PRO X system from G3.2.x to G3.4
    6. Run G3.4 updater via USB again
    7. Update IO Card to G3.4

From this point The Neutron NB expansion module (a.k.a “IO Card”) should be recognised by both the PRO X system and the PRO X updater app (USB updater).

Update procedure for PRO1 and PRO2/2C consoles as well as PRO X system WITHOUT Neutron NB installed From G3.2.x to G3.4

2. Copy the file into “DL1upgrades”, “DL2upgrades” or “DL3upgrades” for PRO1, PRO2/2C or Pro X respectively
    3. Run the Updater for G3.4 via USB as normal
    4. Update full PRO X system from G3.2.x to G3.4
    read more...
    1 9,746
Go to page