Statistics

284,992 members
166,865 posts
  • Volk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-14
    Hi there i'm new around this forum an got a question. I control my Gmajor 2 with a Roland FC200 midiboard. The Roland FC200 got one expression pedal.
    What I wan't to do is to use the expression pedal to control the volume in a few preset that I've stored in the Userbank of the Gmajor2 (For making nice swells tones). Also I want to use the expressionpedal for controlling the whammy and the diatonic pitchshifter in some other presets that I've stored in the Userbank of the G-major. Is it possible to do that with one expresionpedal. I read something about it the Mod menu but it does'nt work out and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Thanx for reply.
    read more...
    0 7,621
    • Volk
      Sandman69 You should be able to assign it to lets say MOD1 from the MOD Button Menu. Then within each respective preset assign MOD1 to a specific function. I am at work now, I am not sure if Volume is a preset by preset option. I know you can with the effects. I will look at it tonight as I try to get my FCB working, again...

I have one pedal set to do effects and whammy depending on which preset I am in. Not using it for Volume though. I have the second expression set to Global InputVolume.
      • April 14, 2010
    • Volk
      ljbarbeau sadly volume is not assignable per preset its a global variable.. I wish it was thought.. maybe next firmware upgrade? (Mike u reading this?)

Luigi
      • April 14, 2010
    • Volk
      Volk Thanx for reply. So if i'm reading this correct Luigi it's not possible to assign per preset the global in volume on the GM2 to make swell tones in a preset. But if I buy a new midi board with two expression pedals and assing one for controlling efx parameters and the other one for volume swells that must work or........?
      • April 15, 2010
    • Volk
      ljbarbeau Yep u are correct
      • April 15, 2010
    • Volk
      TC-Mike Hi Volk,

no need to buy a new midi board. The FC 200 has additional pedal inputs,

so you can just connect a second Expression pedal and assign the CC number of it

to Modifier 1-4 for realtime control of G-Major 2 parameters, while the build in pedal

controls the global level of your presets.

More infos on the CC numbers of the Pedal inputs can be found on Page 25 of the FC200

manual:

http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1811250/FC-200_e6.pdf
      • April 15, 2010
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2010-04-13
    Hi guys,

i uploaded 18 new Presets to our preset vault.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-major2presetvault.asp

enjoy,

Mike
    read more...
    0 56,477
    • TC-Mike
      Sandman69 I saw that! Thank You! Will try some of them out tonight. Been trying to make some for my new GM2.

Any of them Gilmour ish?
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      Benguitar Is it okay to suggest ideas for new patches here? I'm very new to patch making and I'd love to have someone professionally make a patch that I suggest-
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      blksolo While I do appreciate the uploaded patches,I am ASTONISHED by the LACK of patches to be found for the Gmajor2. I just sold my Pod X3 Live specifically to get a Gmajor 2. I can go to the Line 6 website and there are more than 60,000 patches for the X3 Live. Now before everyone flames me I know that 99 percent of those 60,000 are crap,that leaves 1 percent of those patches useable. Thats still 600 patches!!! And we only have 18 for the Gmajor 2??? I looked all over the web and you cant find ANY websites with patches for it. Its like selling a computer and then telling the buyer he has to write and develop his own software for it. Sure I could start developing my own patches,but since I am in a cover band I need 30 or 40 different sounds and dont have the time to program all of those. I figured I could buy the product,hop on to the website and have tons of patches to download,guess I was wrong.On the bright side this thing sounds killer!!!!
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike Hi guys,

while the new editor makes it very easy to program and modify patches, it totally agree that we need more of them in our vault. So if you guys made some nice patches, you'd like to share just upload them or send them my way. (Preset or Bank files)

Will upload some more of my own soon and create new ones if i have some time to spare.

Since i'm a G-system user and don't have a G-Major2 at home my own stock of G-Major 2 patches is a bit limited.

On a positive note we raised the patch count by over 400% in the last week , so consider this a kick-off. i'll try to motivate our G-Major users here at TC to contribute more patches too, so that the preset vault will hopefully grow much faster.
      • April 15, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike uploaded 5 more presets to the vault.....:

-TriTop:

Tri Chorus with added Detune in a square Room. Expression pedal blends in a Ping Pong delay

-Funky Nassau:

classic TouchWah with added Phaser, a bit of EQ boost and Reverb. lower sensitivity of TouchWah for darker tones- Expression pedal blends in 1/8th note ping pong delay

- TriChorder

detuned TriChorus sound with dark Plate Reverb

- Freeze Frame

Chorus sound with medium room. Expression Pedal blends in Reverse Delay with high Feedback for a freeze effect/pseudo Loop -

-Hard Gate Th-27

a Noise Gate Preset with the Threshold set to -27 dB
      • April 18, 2010
  • boltrecords
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-12
    Hello Everyone

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem or not, but when i first printed out some labels for my g system using sheeners template i was having a problem finding the right label. I first tried clear labels but they were too tranparent and the ink would wash off if it got wet or even if you touched it with a sweaty hand or something. I didnt want to use paper labels because they will just get dirty eventually and start to rip and look crappy.

I then saw the post for the vinyl labels that someone found. This was a great solution, but the only problem i had with these was that the ink still would scratch off if hit with your shoe or even it you just dragged your fingernail across it.

So last night i had the idea to try and seal the ink to the label. First i printed it, and cut it out completely (hole and everything).

I first tried a poly coat on it but it was too sticky and never dryed.

I then tried a can of "Rustoleum Painters Touch Matte Crystal Clear" (make sure its a spray can)

It works great. It puts a nice matte sealant over the label. The label doesnt get hard or anything. It Drys quickly and best of all you couldnt scrap the ink off the label no matter how hard you tried.

Just dont put too thick of a coat or else you get some bubbling. And make sure you use the vinyl labels because they are water proof and can handle being sprayed with the sealant.

I hope this helps those of you that have had the same problem. My labels are indestructible....(for now at least)

Later all...
    read more...
    0 20,881
    • boltrecords
      PeterDupont That's a neat trick!

I think, that the first problem is users not having Photoshop, and still needing labels. Not many, I have helped some.

I'm always ready with Pshop to help, if anyone wants it.

This thread could be the center of labels, good advice as bolt's ... and those who lend a helping hand.

Peter
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      jimbasara I will also help out with photoshop if someone needs a label.

Good tip on the spray. The solution that worked for me was to buy peel-n-stick laminating plastic from my local office supply store.
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      pauldawn what about laminating the picture and using double sided sticky or maybe a can of cellelouse laquer it will seal the picture but i dont know if it will make it go hard maybe we could get some info of a sign making shop ?
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      paulg2uk Any one got a good label for the bb pre amp but for the Andy Timmon's version?

Many Thanks

Paul
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      jimbasara I posted a modified version here. It really needs a better photo to start with.

http://www.guitaraffair.com/g-system-button-labels.php
      • April 12, 2010
  • pacy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-08
    I just got my RH450 and love it .
    The only issue that I have is I want to use the digital output in my studio .
    I don't want the the RH450 to be the master word clock for the entire studio as I have a high quality word clock running all the components .
    Is there any way to have the RH450 in slave mode .
    read more...
    0 6,065
    • pacy
      rune The RH450 has to be master during recording. No way around it. As an alternative you can of course use the DI. It sounds like you already have great converters and clocking in your studio, so that setup shouldn't affect the quality much. (if at all)
      • April 8, 2010
    • pacy
      pacy Then what is the point of a digital a ouput if it is not usable in a profesional setting .

Why not put a word clock input in the amp and make it that much more versatile .
      • April 9, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW Perhaps if they ever do a proper rack-mount version of the RH450, there will be space on the panel to include a clock input.
      • April 10, 2010
    • pacy
      AGB222 Hello, I just order My RH450 With the RS410 i can't wait to received it, Any body knows how I can Hook 2 RH450 at the same time?
      • April 13, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW As per the manual, you use the insert jacks to cascade two RH450s. Connect a cable to the insert SEND jack on the master RH450 to the insert RECEIVE jack on the slave RH450. The only knob that will have any effect on the slave RH450 is the master volume knob when in this configuration.
      • April 13, 2010
  • neve1064
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-07
    I just bought a voice works by TC Helicon and it freezes after about 40 minutes of use. When I turn it off and then back on, the panning is hard right and the output is down to 80dbu. This consistently happens. Is there a way to fix this or is it a warranty repair issue? TIA
    read more...
    0 677
  • Guibrazil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-07
    I have read many complaints about the chorus, I also found it very weak . A solution that was packed using the detune with paramentros 15 and -15 as chorus, it was much better than the original.
    Hope that helps.
    gui
    0 4,860
    • Guibrazil
      squashman I also like using the pitch change for chorus, it's very good. Plus, it frees up the modulation patch for something else.
      • April 18, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      iloveespguitars Exactly my setting! -15 and +15 is the best chorus sound
      • April 18, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      Paul461 nice sound on this...much better, Thanks!
      • April 21, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      skull_stjohn Great trick!! Works like a charm, and leaves Mod open for another preset.

Thanks!!!!
      • March 5, 2012
    • Guibrazil
      jwoertz That's what I do, too! Then I use the MOD slot for tremolo or something.
      • March 7, 2012
  • bkingman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-05
    Hi, I need to replace the battery in this Finalizer. I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm having a hard time finding answers. Will TC supply a replacement battery and instructions on the process? I am not a newby and can handle a soldering iron. I've read they might insist on sending the unit in to a service center or back to them for a unreasonable fee. If anyone has any advise or guidance it would be appreciated.
    thank you.
    read more...
    0 807
  • porknoy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-01
    Hello to all NOVA SYSTEM users, i have an ANNOUNCEMENT to make!
    I don't know if it'll work for my intention but i want to let TC know how many NOVA SYSTEM users would really appreciate
    a KILLDRY PATCH! My parallel loop CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT! I love NOVA but i can't really stand this situation anymore.

Pls give me your support!
    read more...
    0 31,114
    • porknoy
      porknoy .....just submit here your agreements...Thanks!
      • April 1, 2010
    • porknoy
      JMP2203 sure!

that would be great
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      jimbasara They implemented Killdry with the latest G System upgrade so maybe a similar NS patch is on the horizon.
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      porknoy Thank you guys.

COME ON! submit as many replies as possible, TC must see this!

Thanks again.
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      yossarian At a guess, people aren't responding because they don't care.
      • April 7, 2010
  • Dom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-31
    Hello everyone,

I am having a very serious problem with my Impact Twin.

Cubase detects it midi I/O but MIDI out and Midi In does not send or receive any midi data.

I tried connecting my Axiom via Midi and Cubase was not detecting any midi activity. Also, when I connected a hardware synth Midi out was not sending any data to the synth.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, even did the cleanup process mentioned in the knowledge base but still my midi I/O does not seem to work.

I am starting to think I have a faulty unit.
    read more...
    0 16,652
    • Dom
      Dom Bump, anyone?
      • April 6, 2010
    • Dom
      Derlee have you got a possibility to check this issue at other DAW (may be in demo version)?

it seems to be some communication trouble. does the midi via usb work?

have you plugged all plugs correctly? I mean:

MIDI OUT from keyboard to MIDI IN in your interface?
      • April 9, 2010
    • Dom
      Dom

Derlee wrote:

have you got a possibility to check this issue at other DAW (may be in demo version)?

it seems to be some communication trouble. does the midi via usb work?

have you plugged all plugs correctly? I mean:

MIDI OUT from keyboard to MIDI IN in your interface?

Yes, I also tried it on a laptop. And midi via USB worked correctly.

Anyway just wanted to say that my unit is in Service right now, the MIDI I/O problem is acknowledged and I am waiting for my unit to be repaired.

In the meantime, I talked to someone I know that he also bought Impact Twin and he also has the same problem with his MIDI I/O.

Anyone having the Impact Twin could you please check that your MIDI I/O works correctly?

It seems like a big coincidence for 2/2 units.

No Impact Twin for the time being for me
      • April 17, 2010
    • Dom
      Derlee Pls send an info when it's repaired, ok?

I really don't have any idea that could make any sence.
      • April 18, 2010
    • Dom
      Dom Just contacted the service department today. They told me that the problem is serious and are trying to fix it. Unfortunately my dealer does not have any other units so I can swap my unit for a new one...
      • April 19, 2010
  • felixq78
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-30
    I'm absolutely surprised and disappointed that TC Electronic doesn't provide firmware upgrades in any other format than Windows.
    Why does the music industry use Macintosh computers?
    The answer is, because MS operating systems are crappy, not secure and unreliable.
    I use Linux which is similar to the Mac OS but it appears that I can't upgrade my firmware unless I use Microsoft operating systems.
    Not acceptable!
    read more...
    0 7,370
    • felixq78
      TC-Mike hi, we have Mac updater for all of our newer products. Some older discontinued products like the G-sharp didn't have a Mac updater at that time unfortunately. The G-Sharp editor software is also available for MAC and Windows.

best regards, Mike
      • January 14, 2013
    • felixq78
      florri I have a Brunetti head amplifier 059 (MIDI), G-Sharp, and a Rolls MIDIPedal MP80. The connections are output midipedal input G-Sharp, Output G-Sharp Input Brunetti.
      • February 2, 2014
Go to page