Statistics

268,780 members
148,414 posts
  • New
    fabio333
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-14

Hello, 

i have a midas M32 and i needed  4 output feed´s on aes\ebu mode. which card or stage box can i use?

CAn i connect midas DL155 and use the digital port´s on the M32?

0 120
    • fabio333
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Yes you can use the DL155 stagebox set to 48kHz with the M32. This would be the best/only option for your needs.
      • May 16, 2021
    • fabio333
      fabio333 Thank´s for you reply Kyle, my doubt is if the console recognizes the 8 AES3(AES\EBU) digital inputs\outputs fromthe DL155 stagebox on the routing pages, and if i can send diferent feed through them. And another question is if i can work with both stagebox´s, the DL32 and DL155. thank´s a lot
      • May 16, 2021
  • New
    MichaelPirtle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-12

Hello,

I am currently the audio engineer for a small video production company.  In our studio, we are using an X32 as our audio console with an S16 stage box connected through the AES50 bus for direct connect mics (the console is in a sound booth) and to output speakers.  I also use wireless gear which is direct connected to the X32 in the booth.  I output our signal to the video control room and bring in some sources directly from the console using a StudioHub patch bay.  This all works well, but now we may need to change it.

We might be moving to a new building which will have several studios that we would like to control from a central control room area (audio and video).  When this first came up, my initial thought was to use Dante for all the connections (potential of 5 studios including the main one) but I haven't used it before.  Questions I have are: can I still use the S16 stagebox with Dante or do I need to get something else (I would need 4 more of them or possibly 5)?   Is it easier to just stick with the AES50 connections? How many of them can I have?  Should I consider upgrading to a WING console or will it make any difference?  Are there latency issues with Dante that will cause sync issues with video?  

Any insights will be greatly appreciated because if this happens it will happen very fast.

Thanks,

Mike

read more...
    0 53
    • MichaelPirtle
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
      First and foremost, AES50 and Dante are two completely separate protocols and can not be used interchangeably. Yes they both run on ethernet cabling, but the language is not the same. The stage boxes will need a dedicated ethernet home run to the console/sound booth. Dante can be used on the back end to get the console outputs to the video system. Check out the X-Dante card for X32. Dante is a great way of future proofing your system, because almost every manufacturer is using Dante these days. Latency is deterministic with Dante, and I believe you can get it down to 1ms, which is not a concern when it comes to video sync. AES50 incurs additional latency, but it's so small it's negligible. As for how many stageboxes you can have; it depends on how you wish to run the cabling. If you want to daisy chain them, you can get up to 48 channels on a single run, so that's 3x S16 stage boxes per run, and the console has two ports, so 6 stage boxes in total can be connected to the console at once. You can also use 1x S32 and 1x S16 together to achieve 48 inputs. Pretty much any combination will work as long as it doesn't exceed 48 inputs.
      • May 14, 2021
  • New
    BobStrommen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-28

We are experiencing problems with recording with the on-board 2 track recorder. It shows that it is recording but the files are empty. We have tried several different drives but have found onlyuone that will actually work. 
    Are there specific specifications for the drives to be used in the recorder?

read more...
    0 61
    • BobStrommen
      RexBeckett Hi Bob, you haven't told us which model of mixer you are using so I shall give you a general answer. Use a branded (e.g. SanDisk) USB 2.0 drive of up to 32GB capacity formatted as FAT32. Format on a Windows PC if possible. If using a Mac, select the MSDOS FAT32 format option.

Empty recordings could indicate a problem with routing. If you are unsure how to check this, attach your scene file to your first post (by editing it) and we can look for possible issues.
      • April 28, 2021
  • New
    courttm910
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

I am trying to use x32 mix on my ipad with Behringer x32. It tells me I need to upgrade my firmware. Current version is factory 1.15 I cannot find this version as a download to have as a backup. Should I be concerned about upgrading to the latest firmware?

read more...
    0 101
    • courttm910
      Nigel67 Hi courttm910. The X32-Mix app has been replaced by the MX-Q app. Before upgrading anything though, can you advise whether it is the firmware on your X32 that is running 1.15 or the X32-Mix firmware? If it is the X32-Mix app, can you tell me what version firmware your X32 is running. Many thanks.
      • April 23, 2021
    • courttm910
      courttm910

It's the x32 that's running 1.15

• April 24, 2021
      • Behringer X32 firmware
        DavidKnighton Hello courttm910,
        That firmware is extremely old, and likely incompatible with your iPad app. You'll want to update the firmware on the console, but be sure to back up your scenes and presets. Take not of your preferences in the SETUP menu. Be prepared to do some programming afterwards, as the newer firmware updates have a lot of options that you'll need to sift through, so be sure to give yourself some time to get to know the new firmware.
        • April 29, 2021
  • New
    BillCronheim
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hello,

Is it possible to add delay to a mix buss?

0 53
    • BillCronheim
      RexBeckett Hi Bill, you can add delay to a bus by inserting a delay FX. I find that using one side of the Dual Pitch Shifter works well for this. If you set Semi and Cent to 0 then it will function as a delay with finer resolution than most delay FX processors.
      • April 13, 2021
  • New
    Simone95
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hello,

I'm italian, sorry for my terrible english. I'm unexpert of mixer and recorder but I hope that you understand my problem. 

Tanks a lot.

0 53
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett Hello Simone, we shall need a little more explanation of your problem so we can help to solve it. If you prefer, explain it in Italian and we can use software translation to understand.
      • March 17, 2021
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett Hi Simone, I saw that you had replied but it is not now shown in the discussion. This is another bug in the forum!

Anyway, if the microphone and headphones work with Cubase, there does not seem to be a problem with the UMC202HD or its drivers. It may be a problem with Windows sound settings.

I have found that Zoom requires the Recording device to be set to 48000 Hz. This can be done on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording -> Properties -> Advanced. I also find it helps to set the Disable All Enhancements option on the Enhancements tab for both Recording and Playback devices.
      • March 18, 2021
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett I had another thought: With the UMC202HD, you would need to press the Direct Monitor button to listen to your microphone through the headphones. You would only hear playback sound when that button is out. For this reason, the UMC204HD is a better interface for streaming as it has a monitor mixer for direct and playback sounds.
      • March 18, 2021
  • New
    tejedor1967
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Setting up the Flow 8 to USB Recording mode, I use the ASIO driver to setup my DAW to record talking sessions (on Zoom, Meet, Streamyard... whatever).

The problem is that the USB signal comming from the PC to the Flow 8 cannot be recorded back using the ASIO driver.

Even if I configure in the routing the USB 1/2 being send to channels 5/6, what is recorded is not the USB. The driver still keep on sending the phisical 5/6 1/4" jack signal, I repeat, even if I'm routing there the USB 1/2.

So the only way to record the USB1/2 (same applies to USM 3/4 being routed to channels 7/8) is in the mix channel (9/10) where the USB signal is mixed with all the rest of channels.

Is there any workaround the be able to record USB signal in a DAW without being mixed with the rest of channels?

This could be consider as a request for futher firmware updates. Being able to record in the DAW the USB once is routed to channels. Or any other way.

read more...
    0 77
    • tejedor1967
      RexBeckett Hi there, there is a way of achieving this with the current firmware - although rather messy:

Route the USB returns 1/2 to channels 5/6.
      Stereo link Monitor buses 1 and 2.
      Send (only) channels 5/6 to Monitor buses 1 and 2.
      Use cables to link Monitor outputs 1 and 2 to analogue inputs 5/6.
      USB sends 5/6 should record USB returns 1/2.
      • March 7, 2021
  • New
    ksgerdes
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-07

I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and have connected my TC Helicon harmonizer to it for some home recording.  Lately, I've been having trouble with my recorded guitar sounding very distorted - especially when I'm in harmony mode.

To clarify, the guitar sound clear when I'm playing it live, but it is very distorted when listening to the recorded version.

Any suggestions to get a clearer guitar sound from my harmonizer in the recorded version when linked with Scarlett 2i2?

Kevin

read more...
    0 70
  • New
    Alan14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Has anyone managed to connect the QX1002usb to a usb c socket, as there are no USB a sockets on my laptop running windows 10.

I get the message 'no jack information available'. Do you need a particular USB a to USB c adaptor or is it a codec issue?

I have tried several adaptors, in different ports Thunderbolt and 3.1 gen1 usb c but the USB connection from the QX1002 does not work with any of them. Very disappointing as it is a new machine.

Has anyone solved this one?

read more...
    0 38
    • Alan14
      RexBeckett Hi Alan, I have connected a QX1002USB to a Windows 10 laptop with USB-C ports. It worked using either a USB-B/USB-A cable plus a USB-A/USB-C adapter or a single USB-B/USB-C cable.

See if these notes help: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/297127/windows-10-and-stereo-usb-mixers-interfaces
      • February 27, 2021
    • Alan14
      Alan14 Thanks Rex, I discovered that all USB-A to USB-C adaptors are not the same. I had not luck with 2 USB-c hubs but when connected with the single dongle that came with my Dell it worked. Thank you for the link to the article very useful to understand how the various controls affect the USB output and inputs. Thank you for responding, much appreciated
      • February 27, 2021
  • New
    joeyskye
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I have recently purchased UMC-404HD to connect an external microphone for Teams and Zooms calls but I am having issues on how to route the audio output to hear the call via headphones ; I have not tried to connect speakers to the Audio interface. Any suggestions ?

read more...
    0 187
    • joeyskye
      RexBeckett Hi joeyskye, try this:

Select the UMC404HD USB Returns 1/2 (aka USB Audio Codec) as playback output for Zoom. This can be done with the Zoom app or by making it the default playback device in Windows Sound settings.

On the UMC404HD, have the Monitor A/B button out. Turn the Phones level up.
      Use the Mix control to set the mix of live input to USB playback. Clockwise increases the level of USB playback.
      • February 20, 2021
      • Connecting UMC-404HD to Microsoft Teams and Zoom
        joeyskye Thanks Rex I work with a Mac and PC as well as NDI audio so the routing can get complicated ; however your instructions have been spot on for the UMC404HD which the manual has not documented which would require another two page of illustrations ... Thanks for your help.
        • February 21, 2021
      • Connecting UMC-404HD to Microsoft Teams and Zoom
        joeyskye I would be happy if anybody in the group has used Zoom and/or Teams with NDI setup using their UMC-404HD ?
        • February 21, 2021
Go to page