Statistics

305,700 members
190,026 posts
  • Gen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-06
    Hi,

I have recently purchased a finalizer express.

Im trying to set it up with my allen & heath zed 24 mixing desk but with out luck.

I have connected the aux 1 and 2 outs to the input of the finalizer and the out puts of the finalizer to a mono track but i dont get any input on the Finalizer.

To be honest the finalizer doesnt do anything at all i cant use any of the key's to toggle between analog and digital input.

And this thing is fresh out of the box got it on friday.

I have already tried to use the hold bypass turn on to reset the functions but nothing is happening.

After that the functions are stuck on lim

Does anybody knows how to get this working?
    read more...
    0 591
  • tomafilm
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-02
    Hi,

do I have to use SRAM card or can I expand wit PCMCIA card reader/writer + smart card for the unit extension?

Has anybody try it?

TXs

Thomas Markus
    0 717
  • snowleopard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-02-01
    Does anyone know if the TC Electronic Studio units (FireworX, M3k, GC Pre, F96k, etc) accept AC-coupled signals or DC only. Best info I could find was the generic:

Word-clock = RCA Phono, 75 ohm, 0.6 to 10 Vpp, 30 - 50 Khz (32 - 48 Khz in some documentation)

And yes, I've read the technical library docs. Further enlightenment on this poorly documented interface would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: and maybe someone could explain why they're using cr4ppy consumer RCA instead of BNC on Pro equipment particularly since my Konnekt48 has BNC WC i/o, or is external word-clock an afterthought throw in?
    read more...
    0 1,823
    • snowleopard
      snowleopard I received an answer to a support request, I'll post it here for everyone else:

Thank you for contacting TC Group Support.

The mentioned units will accept both

I hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to update this incident and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

TC Group International
      • February 14, 2011
  • dkalna
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-01-22
    Hi there,

I want to buy new audio interface (I still use old M-Audio Firewire Solo but that company are not updating their drivers since 11/09 and I need to record both, guitar and mic and synth at the same so i need more inputs).

I have seen that Impact Twin and Focusrite Saffire 24 PRO DSP have the same price here in Switzerland so I don't know which one is better. Driver stability is the concern No. 1.

What would you suggest?

Thanks a lot
    Dalibor
    read more...
    0 14,645
    • dkalna
      alfredo456 Hi,

I know Focusrite and its PRE are good but TC electronic is good too.

Ok, my experience:

TC-electronic Impact Twin. I have worked with both sound card and, for example, which is better? RedBull Racing or Ferrari? Do you go to record real isntruments? Will you use virtual instruments only?

The difference is very little.

I --> TC impact.

Drivers?

Look, Im running SnowLeopard under a AMD system based. Drivers -- > perfect and I suppose the TC electronic team will update their product.

I know I havent answered your question but it is like I see it.

Bye,
      • January 24, 2011
    • dkalna
      Kamen Since I have no experience with these two interfaces and haven't heard them, if I were in a position like yours, I would undertake a massive online research AND would take a close look at the technical specifications. By the way, one of the good things with TCE is that they are rather thorough when listing their tech specs, unlike some other brands.

Impact Twin's clock seems to perform great (better), with less jitter, but the information Focusrite give on theirs is limited anyway. Saffire seems to give you a bit more linear Frequency Response at the line and mic inputs (within 0/-0.1dB vs 0/-0.5dB for Impact Twin), but IT gives you a bit better Signal-to-Noise Ratio. The Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise measurement seems to be the same for both interfaces. When it comes to playback (monitor/line outputs), IT seems a bit better to me. As you can see, I often say "a bit", since the difference (in terms of specs) isn't big.

Whatever you choose, make sure your FireWire PCI or PCI-E card uses Texas Instruments chipset.
      • January 24, 2011
    • dkalna
      alfredo456 Thanks you Kamen.

I use a firewiere PCI based VIA chipset and works perfectly in my hackintosh but I have the same opinion. Better support in Texas instruments.

Bye and greetings from Spain.
      • January 24, 2011
    • dkalna
      JAT It is a toss up. I'd probably give TC the nod for sound, but I haven't used the Focusrite. I do know that Martin Walker at Sound on Sound said the TCK 6 was the best sounding, low-cost interface he had reviewed, and the electronics are pretty much the same across the entire line.

You don't say if you are on the mac or PC, but either way deal w/ a good dealer so you can return either one for the other if it doesn't work well enough on your personal system. That is my standard advice. Esp. on the PC, with so many variables, any interface driver's may not work well. It is easier just to swap it for another one that does, rather than worry about small differences in the specs.

I use a TCK 48 so I'm prejudiced - I'd start w/ the TC. If it doesn't work w/o a lot of problems, send it back for the Saffire.

@
      • January 24, 2011
    • dkalna
      alfredo456 Hi,

I understand you, JAT. I dont know but I have a hackintosh running K6 without problem. All perfect.

I have seen Focusrite in action and Twin Impact too and....ufff..I prefer Tc electronic sound but

Focusrite is a good choice. One thing is truth, in Windows the configurations are, sometimes, no stable. WDM, ASIO, Windows 7, etc...in Mac the configuration is, as it says, "more standard", CoreAudio and go!. Easier for final user, I think.

Konnekt 6 or Twin Impact under Mac Osx 10.6, good choice.

greeting from Spain.
      • January 24, 2011
  • brianj
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-01-21
    Hello,
    I know this technically isn't the right forum, but there isn't a forum at all for rackmount studio equipment...

I have a TC1128 Eq and I just picked up a TC1128X slave unit to go along with it. The manual says that in order to use the 1128X as a stero slave, I have to setup the 1128 as a master first. The manual says this:

"To show how easy the stereo setup is, here is a full description of the procedure for
    connecting two TC1128´s:
    1. Connect the MIDI IN unit 1 to MIDI OUT unit 2, and MIDI OUT unit 1 to MIDI
    IN unit 2.
    2. On the master unit, enter the UTILITY menu - SYSTEM PARAMETERS and
    set STEREO MASTER = YES, MIDI device no. = 1, and keycodes send = off.
    3. On the slave, enter the UTILITY menu - SYSTEM PARAMETERS and set
    STEREO MASTER = NO, MIDI device no. = 1, and keycodes send = off.
    The slave unit will now in sync follow all adjustments made to the master !"

Now, the problem is that in step #2, it shows you how to set the main 1128 to "STEREO MASTER"...however, when I go into my system parameters menu there is NO stereo master setting to change!!!

When I first turn the main unit on it says I have version 1.13S

Can someone help please???

I have midi in/out going to each unit as is mentioned in the steps, and the slave unit changes preset numbers when I change them on the main unit, but I don't have any output on the slave. I don't know if that's because it's not setup properly or what...

Please help! Thanks!

Brian
    read more...
    0 774
  • thomas
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-01-20
    Hey guys,

I've been reading your posts all day and will continue to do so.

I do understand the frustration that some of you express.
    There are a couple of things to keep in mind, and I will try to address some of those.
    Please let me try to answer the majority of the subjects that have been discussed here; I apologize for this lengthy post.

Support contra development
    This announcement is all about development, i.e. new stuff coming to the platform. We want to be clear about decisions that regards new operating systems or major changes in hosts that might happen in the future - before those changes happen.

What we say is that TC will do no new development for the Poco platform: no new plug-ins, no major developments in regards to new operating systems or control panel etc.
    At the same time I'd like to underline that we will do bug fixes. We will put out new releases. In fact, we are working on releases for both MAC and PC. The next PowerCore software for MAC will be released no later than a week from now.

This release, named PowerCore 4.3, will include:
    * Fixes in regards to 64 bit operation
    * A rather large number of fixes of bugs that caused kernel panics
    * Fixes for Digital Performer version 7
    * Fixes for PCIe cards
    * Fixes for memory oriented bugs

There is also an update for PC in the pipeline. This update will address many of the issues mentioned.

Questions & Answers

Q: Why don't TC release native versions of the PowerCore plug-ins?
    A: This is one of the main questions discussed, and I do understand why, so let me dig a bit into this.

We have of course considered all possible ways to continue the life of our PowerCore plug-ins. Considerations included upgrading the hardware with new DSPs and we also looked at porting the PowerCore plug-ins to native (AU, VST, RTAS).

Unfortunately, the combination of algorithm complexity, tailor made PowerCore hardware and corresponding software structure makes it a very tedious and huge task to port PowerCore plugins to native, making it a non-viable route for us to take. We would sooo much like to be able to offer the complete package of PowerCore plug-ins in RTAS, VST and AU formats for you, but I'm afraid it's not an option. Not even close.

A: Have you planned to close down user support for PowerCore?
    Q: No. User support will continue. You can call in or use our online support system as always. Also, we have not planned to close down this user forum.

Q: Will you release the PowerCore software as "Open Source" so that others can maintain it?
    A: I'm afraid we can't make the PowerCore code open source, mainly but not only because it contains all of our copy protection code.
    Also, as I said above, we will do updates ourselves.

Q: Will PowerCore support new versions of my host?
    A: We cannot guarantee that PowerCore will run on future host versions. However, PowerCore adheres to the VST and Audio Units specifications, and unless changes are made to the hosts’ handling of plug-ins, PowerCore will remain compatible.

Q: Has TC planned to develop plug-ins for the UAD platform?
    A: We are constantly evaluation platforms for our technology. At this time we have no announcements

Q: Has TC planned to close down the TC-Now webshop?
    A: No. PowerCore is not discontinued, and people who has bought a PowerCore did it with the expectation that they'll be able to extend the plug-ins for it.

Q: Has TC planned to close the PowerCore user accounts (My Account)?
    A: No. The PowerCore user account "My Account" will continue to run. There is absolutely no reason for us to shut it down.
    In other words, yes, you will be able to handle your licenses and other things in the future.

Q: How about service for my PowerCore?
    A: Service will continue unaffected, too. We will be able to do service on PowerCore products for a long period ahead, so if your experience broken devices, bring them on. Also, there are no changes to the warranty of your PowerCore product.

Hope this answers some of your questions - feel free to comment or ask more.
    read more...
    0 293,961
    • thomas
      studiodaz Thanks for answering some of the questions that have been asked.

Cubase 6 has just arrived here today, now just waiting for that Windows driver so I can use it on a session with my powercore 6000.

On the question of:

Q: Has TC planned to develop plug-ins for the UAD platform?

A: We are constantly evaluation platforms for our technology. At this time we have no announcements

I am speculating that this will happen at some point and I look forward to see the MD4 too, what a big seller that one will be.
      • January 20, 2011
    • thomas
      thomas studiodaz,

You're welcome!

I should probably have said "no current plans".
      • January 20, 2011
    • thomas
      Purusha SD - Cubase 6 has just landed here too. I won't be able to test Powercore for a while though (got other urgent studio priorities).

If Cubase doesn't play nice, it may be worth looking at the work the "jbridge" guy has been doing. A wrapper might help if things don't work well...
      • January 20, 2011
    • thomas
      InactiveX Thanks for that Thomas. Much appreciated.

Shame the source code can't be opened - though I do understand why.

Can I be a little cheeky and ask if you'd consider releasing the PoCo SDK for free?

I'd love it if home-brew plugs could be constructed for PoCo. I'm sure a documented DSP platform would interest hackers too.
      • January 20, 2011
    • thomas
      InactiveX

Purusha wrote:

SD - Cubase 6 has just landed here too. I won't be able to test Powercore for a while though (got other urgent studio priorities).

If Cubase doesn't play nice, it may be worth looking at the work the "jbridge" guy has been doing. A wrapper might help if things don't work well...

I'm already on it. See my other thread.

Good luck with C6!
      • January 20, 2011
  • colinw
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-12-15
    I've had my M-One in my guitar rack for years. It sounds awesome.

The display broke sometime ago. The patch # and bottom text line are out, but the rest works well.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some MIDI patch librarian software that can drive the M-One patch editing ?

I looked into SoundDiver, no longer sold or supported, but that is was TC recommended. It never supported the M-One. Something about the checksum format made the adaptation not work.

Also, I tried to contact TC about parts, but got no response. Has anyone gotten a reply from TC about getting parts ?

Colin..
    read more...
    0 1,096
  • MysteryIslands
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-12-12
    hey,

if you have both, virus powercore and virus b or c in your studio, please contact me asap.
    i've created 128 patches for virus poco and can't get them to load up in virus b / c range via the poco .mid file.

if someone can help me out with this, will give out my soundset for that person

cheers,
    - jani
    read more...
    0 3,642
    • MysteryIslands
      startwars hi, I can try to run it into my KC.
      • December 27, 2010
    • MysteryIslands
      DigitalMetal i have a hardware B and powercore virus, the hardware is in storage right now but i can get it out in the next few weeks if you need me to.
      • December 28, 2010
    • MysteryIslands
      Stash Hey Jani

I know this post is old, but i am looking to archive my Poco and want to move all my patches to my Virus B.

Having the same issue that they won't load.

Did you find a solution?

John
      • November 23, 2016
    • MysteryIslands
      MysteryIslands I can't recall how I did it back in the days, but today I have an app alongside my editor which makes the conversion

For those who have virus hardware, you can turn it into 'virus ti' with this:

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/access-virushc-audiounit-vsti-editor-librarian-plug-in/

black friday sales are coming from tomorrow until Dec 31st
      • November 23, 2016
    • MysteryIslands
      dgls

MysteryIslands wrote:

For those who have virus hardware, you can turn it into 'virus ti' with this:

https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/access-virushc-audiounit-vsti-editor-librarian-plug-in/

This is very exciting news!

I'm looking for a workflow that enables me to freely exchange patches between virus B (hardware) and poco instances in the context of Ableton.

Readers may not be aware that Ableton does not support polypressure or sysex which makes talking with poco virus difficult.

I have a self built hardware patch editor made with midibox ng which is amazing but it can't be used directly with poco virus instances for the above reason.

If I can quickly save/load *.mid patch files between poco virus and virus B (in both directions )then I'm gold.

Will the demo allow me to test this?

EDIT: answer is yes, patches that came with the plugin demo, load into Virus poco!
      • December 1, 2016
  • maqr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-11-28
    I've been having this problem since I switched to Win7 x64 about a year ago using beta drivers, but now with the v2.5 drivers out, it's time to get this fixed.

The problem is that WDM simply loses all sound sporadically. ASIO continues to function when this happens. To fix it, I have to either unplug/reconnect the FireWire cable to the computer or restart the Windows Audio system service.

Here's a description of the setup:
    - My device is a Konnekt Live.
    - The TC software package is version 2.5.0.6906, control panel is 2.5.0 r3583, and 1394 driver is 3.5.3.8786.
    - My motherboard is an Abit IP35 PRO(P35+ICH9R).
    - The FireWire chipset is an on-board TI TSB43AB22.
    - I have no DPC latency problems or other sound cards (on-board is disabled).

I'm convinced this is a driver error, because:
    - The exact same hardware did not have this problem under 32-bit Windows XP.
    - The problem seems to occur more frequently when programs which make heavy use of sound are left open, such as webpages with Flash, video games, iTunes, etc.
    - Restarting the Windows Audio service is a temporary fix.
    - ASIO continues to work while WDM dies, indicating that it's not a FireWire problem.
    - I have a friend with the exact same problem on a different computer with an Impact Twin.

My current work around is a bat file that restarts Windows Audio, it looks like this:
    net stop "Windows Audio"
    net start "Windows Audio"

The Event Viewer only has one type of recurring error which seems interesting, though I can't confirm if it correlates 100% to my audio loss problems:
    Windows Audio Device Graph glitch threshold count exceeded 
    Count : 0x0x33

As a programmer by trade, this is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates me the most. I know it's a programming error, and I know that I would fix it if it were open source. But instead, I have to rely on TC to get it right. I think this is about all of the useful debugging information that I can provide, and I hope someone (preferably a developer) at TC will reply to me and tell me what the status of this bug is.

If TC can't fix this, I'm not sure what to do about it. It looks like I could either get a new audio device (which I do not want to do, since this hardware is fine, if it just had proper drivers), or I could start disassembling the TC driver and learn some kernel hacking to try and fix it (which I'd love to be able to do, but I just don't have the time).

If anyone else has a clue as to what might technically be wrong (in case I go the driver hacking approach), please pitch in your ideas to this thread.
    read more...
    0 65,773
    • maqr
      nameless1 Exactly my experience. I've been complaining here about this for some time, but you wrapped it up much better (and I'm no system programmer). This is by far the most frustrating thing for me regarding my Konnekt.
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr Yeah, nameless1, it's definitely a driver bug. For now, it's slightly less annoying if you make the bat file that I described, but clearly that's not the right answer.

If I could reproduce the error on-demand it would make debugging it easier (for me and for TC). I'm trying to put together a little app that causes the crash, so I can find out where TC went wrong in the driver. Finding the bug should be possible, but I'm not too confident that I can work out a binary patch for a kernel driver. I might be coming to you for help testing

edit: do you happen to know if this also affected Windows Vista?
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      nameless1 Never used it with Vista, sorry. Yes the bat file is helpful, but fixed driver would be much better - I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

Unfortunately TC seems to care 90 % about ASIO.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr

nameless1 wrote:

I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

We have exactly the same problem.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      rune If you are experiencing this type of issue, try the following application to check for ISR, DPC, and pagefault issues:

http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

The TCNear driver is obviously not working in a vaccum here and there could be a number of things that cause that type of behavior.
      • November 29, 2010
  • alcateia
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-11-14
    Thats my very first time here!
    I buying a M6000 MK-II for my 3 studios(protools hd2 each one) and I'd like to know if/how I could wire the 3 rooms to just one M6000 MK-II.
    Thanks!!
    0 768
Go to page