Statistics

305,700 members
190,026 posts
  • philipjackson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-10-18
    This is one of the original Wizard Finalizers. The 'Power On' LED flashes when the unit is on standby (ie "off" but AC power on). I've had issues in the past with similar TC products needing the internal hard-wired battery to be replaced and a flashing power LED was one of the symptoms of a deceased battery. At the moment the settings are being held in memory OK, but does anyone know if the flashing LED is signalling that the battery is near end of life? The battery self-test comes back good at the moment. I don't think the flashing LED is normal on these so I'm wondering what it's trying to tell me. Advice welcome. Thanks.
    read more...
    0 697
  • gb7777
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-10-15
    Hello

Any suggestions on the best way to tie all of these units in together?

M-One
    DBX266Xl Compressor
    DBX Driverack PA+
    64 Band Ultragraph Pro EX - want to split the eq for Highs and Lows

Thanks George
    read more...
    0 1,006
  • apehead
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-09-12
    Just installed the TC Near Control panel software and driver for my impact twin on a Mac. Garage Band has TC Near as an option for Audio I/O.

However, the control panel software doesn't load. It starts up with the first screen pop that has the version (control panel version 2.3.1) then just goes away....

Any ideas?

Thanks
    read more...
    0 2,967
    • apehead
      SpaceXpander When you installed the driver, did you tick both "driver and control panel" and "impact twin" checkboxes?
      • September 12, 2010
    • apehead
      rune @apehead: Please contact support (www.tcsupport.tc)
      • September 12, 2010
    • apehead
      marcklingelhofe apehead,

I had the same problems. I was able to get TC Near to run when I installed it on a fresh installation of Snow Leopard (10.6). That enabled me to turn on phantom power and Boost, which was enough to get the Konnekt 6 to work as a simple interface without the special features. I then rebooted to the current Snow Leopard -- I can't run TC Near, but I can use the Konnekt 6 with a condenser microphone. I am waiting for TC support to figure out what is happening with the installation process.

This is not a good solution for most people, but if you have the ability to reinstall Snow Leopard (a fresh installation from the CD, not an upgrade from Tiger or Leopard, and not from a backup) I bet you can get TC Near working. Of course, you would have to install all the other applications you use.

I have told TC support that my feeling is there is some old file or driver or kext (Mac OS X tech talk) from some other application that interferes with the TC Near installation process.
      • September 19, 2010
    • apehead
      bleedingflag did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.
      • November 7, 2013
  • Madskillz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-08-22
    I am trying to obtain a schematic for this piece it would be great if I could be sent one.

Also, what years were these manufactured from?

I have one with serial no.

I want to know more about these Danish units, thanks.
    read more...
    0 1,340
  • NOAH
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-07-25
    After someone messed with the settings, my m-one wont pick up the midi connection from an RFX mp1288 midiwizard controller. I dont know how to set up the midi connection at all. Can any one help me please?
    The midi light on the m-one does not light when pads are pressed anymore.
    Also im trying to set the m-one to change the effect it plays out every time a diffrent pad is pressed on the mp1228. This can't be as complicated as it seems to me. I could really use some advise. Thanks Yall!
    read more...
    0 688
  • JOCK
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-07-21
    Can anyone please help.
    I have C400XL Compressor and i want to connect to to the(GLOBAL INSERTS) Left and Right Mix Inserts On My Spirit SX Desk,this way the C400XL will compress the mix on all the channels on my desk.
    The C400XL is a dual engine processor so i want it to COMPRESS the Global Mix First and Then Use The LIMITER Function On The C400XL to Limit The Global Mix.
    I dont know what inputs and/or outputs to use from the C400XL to the Global Left and Right Mix Inserts On The Spirit SX Mixing Desk.
    Also what cables would i use.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Best Regards
    Jock
    read more...
    0 870
  • AzraelLenGraden
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-06-27
    Has anyone here done the upgrade? I am struggling to find any reviews or comments on the upgrade. I am in the market for a Mastering license so this would only be 1k out of my pocket…. But I have not been able to read or verify how much more powerful the System 6000 would be and what the benefits are… I would like to hear form other users out there so if you have had an experience with the upgrade process please share your thoughts.
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 2,317
    • AzraelLenGraden
      5am Mine is in Denmark being upgraded I will report back upon its return

5am
      • July 1, 2010
    • AzraelLenGraden
      audiocontrol Hi there,

I want to do the update, too. Any suggestions ? Can you do Stereo Mastering with the Surround Bundle ? Is the ICON fast enough ?

Thanx

audiocontrol
      • September 12, 2010
    • AzraelLenGraden
      5am Hi,

Sorry i forgot to report back as promised.

The upgrade costs £1500 + vat (UK) it involves shipping the main unit only via TC's carrier to Denmark, the shipping costs are is all in the overall cost.

For this you get the main unit only upgraded and a free plugin of your choice from the list (see website) This was a complete beast for me as my unit is fully loaded but TC would not lower the price.

To be honest there appears to be no difference in performance i can see, the unit doesn't do anything it didn't do before. The extra ethernet connectivity as desribe in the TC's blurb appears to be only available if you have a MK2 ethernet unit. Well i'm struggling to get it to do anything which is worrying, given i will have to update from V5 at some point. Although there is a update button 'from shared folder' on the Icon that wasn't there before.

The Icon doesn't appear to be any faster or slower than before, precious little has changed visually except i have been getting a few error messages on boot up since the upgrade.

The OS as reported on boot up appears the same as before, so apart from the Matrix 88 plugin nothing visually or operationally has changed but i suppose the unit is future proof.

I guess we will have to see what future updates hold!

As for stereo / surround mastering bundle, my machine has seperate stereo & surround mastering licenses, but there is nothing stopping you using the L & R channels only of the L, C, R, SL, SR, LFE surround channels.

So, is it worth it, at present clearly not, but this answer could well change depending on what the future holds.

5am
      • September 19, 2010
  • macfreak86
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-06-23
    I bought the tc electronic m-one xl a few months ago from guitar center. I played around with it for a while and tried to learn about it and all that good stuff. For some reason, after it's been turned on for a few minutes and I see there's audio coming through it, it the effects just go away all of a sudden and the left and right meters on the m-one freeze. It appears that it's locked up. I can't scroll through the different effects or select anything. I've tried turning it off then turning it back on again, but it still only works for a few minutes. Am I doing something wrong?
    read more...
    0 1,007
  • Buontinh
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-06-18
    Hello all,

Could someone please help me get the most out of my new M1XL. I bought the M350 a couple of months ago, but didn't really know how to set it up properly and now just bought the M1XL - hoping the digital display would make things easier to understand and setup.

I'm not a musician or sound engineer and bought it for home karaoke use. I have it connected to a Mackie 1402VLZ3

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/1402vlz3/images/ZOOMED_1402VLZ3.jpg

I have two cordless mics hooked up to LINE IN 1 and LINE IN 2 (basically MIC1 and MIC2) and MIDI karaoke player and DVD player hooked up to LINE IN 7-8 and LINE IN 9-10.

I have two cables connected from AUX SEND 1 and 2 to the M1XL and two cables from the M1XL back to the mixer's STEREO RETURNS 1. Question, do I even need to connect AUX SEND 2 to the M1XL for what I use it for?

I have mostly everything on the mixer set at u-unity except AUX 1 and 2 for LINE IN 7-8/9-10 which is set all the way counterclockwise as you do not want to add reverb/effect to the music right?

On the M1XL, I have the input level and effect balance set at 12 o'clock and I'm not sure about Mix - should it be set all the way clockwise?

I want to know what the best reverb and effect to use for vocal and what routing mode, predelay, decay, color, etc and all the other settings which I don't understand should be set to.

TIA for any advise
    read more...
    0 3,313
    • Buontinh
      halibut Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like a well-balanced, luxury karaoke setup!

I'll give it a shot:

1) I'd assume that you're looking for reverbs or delays to enhance just the singing, and not the music. Also, I'd assume that you're not using compressors or EQs on the M-One XL. (No reason for concern if you're not familiar with the terminology, just read on).

2) Here you have 2 options: either separate effects for each mic, or one effect for both mics.

a. The simplest method would be to pick the "Serial" routing in the Routings menu, and set the Mix knob fully clockwise. Use Mackie's Aux 1 for both Mic channels. This would give you one (composite) effect for both mics.

b. If you want to get adventurous and utilize 2 types of effects, set the M-One XL's routing to "Dual S/R". Set Mix to 100% wet. On the Mackie, raising Aux 1 send level will give you one type of effect, and raising Aux 2's send level will give you a different effect. Here you have 2 mics and 2 effects, and you're free to use the 2 effects in any balance you wish on each of your mic channels. i.e., you can raise both Aux 1 and Aux 2 on the same mic channel, or set up different balances of Aux1/2 on each of your two microphones.

The first 30 presets or so are mainly for vocals and cover a pretty wide range of reverbs and delays. The presets are really quite nice (even some professional PA folks use just the presets and don't find the need to fine-tune predelay/decay/color etc.). In any case when you're browsing the presets it may help to first set "Routing Lock" to ON in the Utility menu, as otherwise your Routing settings can change when you change presets.

You mention that you have levels set to unity, so the volume of the effects may end up too high (or too low). You can control that through your Mackie's Aux send level and stereo returns level. Modern digital equipment will handle relatively low levels without noticeable loss of quality, while setting your levels too high could really wreck your sound. Just make sure M-One XL's level meter doesn't light red -- it's fine if M-One XL's input meter goes only halfway up.

The meaning of the effect balance knob depends on what routing you choose. In your case, 12 o'clock sounds fine.

Hope this gives you an idea on where to start -- let me know if this works out for you.
      • June 18, 2010
    • Buontinh
      Buontinh Thank you very much for your advise. I have a better understanding of how it works now. I haven't had a chance to try it yet as I need one of the singers lol in the family to sing for me so I can play around with the effects and knobs.

So which presets on the M1XL do people usually use to enhance the singing?

Thanks again
      • June 19, 2010
    • Buontinh
      Buontinh With the M350, it sounds pretty good with REVERB set to TC Classic Hall and Effects knob set to Comp (Compression). How do I add compression to the M1XL's XL Hall reverb?

Thanks
      • June 19, 2010
    • Buontinh
      Buontinh I figured out how to change the effects for each channel now, but I still cant get it to sound as good as the M350 according to my family singers. They all prefer the sound from the M350. I guess I will just have to mess with it until they satisfied or get used to the new sound.
      • June 20, 2010
    • Buontinh
      Buontinh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNtyFiLa6g

I tried out her settings and it now sounds to their liking. Just had to increase the decay a tad higher to help them with their short breath.
      • June 21, 2010
  • ppallo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-06-06
    Yes, I know the M-One's are discontinued, but it's what I got to work with. I've pulled the manual from the site, however, it's not really helpful on how to actually OPERATE this tool. My first and most important question is : how to I delete a user preset??? I would like to reset it to its factory settings - meaning no user presets??

Second question is: how do I (or can I even) set up a sequence of presets and store that sequence somehow?

Third question is: When I use the dial, I would like the dial to STOP at the end of the factory presets instead of "jumping" on into the user presets. Is there anyway of accomplishing this?

Is there an actual operating manual for this thing that actually offers some explicit ideas on how to use it??

Thanks, guys, appreciate any and all help.

Paula
    read more...
    0 1,500
    • ppallo
      halibut 1) Revert to factory settings: Either ENTER + Power or EXIT + Power should present a different menu at startup; one of the options is to clear all user presets. I'm sure someone at TC can chime in.

2) Setting up a sequence of presets: Methinks that's a job best handled by your MIDI footpedal. Many higher-end guitar processors have MIDI program mapping, but not "sequencing" as you mention -- and that's not just TC, but includes any of the most common "favorites" like Eventide, Lexicon, and the good-ol'-days Rocktrons. Of course you're free to copy a random chain of pre-existing prests sequentially, to User Preset #81, #82, #83, etc...

3) Dial stopping at end of factory/user preset bank: Nope. That's a good idea, and I'd like that feature in my rack gear!
      • June 8, 2010
    • ppallo
      ppallo Hey, thanks, Halibut for the response. I finally figured out the pressing a key at power up and yes, there's a delete user presets. Got that. The inability to get right to a preset is rather frustrating (as is not being able to STOP where you want), but such is life. And, yes, I figured it the way you mention of copying a factory preset to a user preset and then "sequencing" my way through it as needed. Oh, well. Thank you again for responding. I really appreciate it.
      • June 17, 2010
Go to page