Statistics

285,084 members
166,987 posts
  • sausagefingers
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-01-26
    I know its not related to g force ,but can i use the Tc R4000 reverb through a guitar fx loop and is the a wet/dry mix setting via front panel?
    cheers lee
    0 1,641
  • 59standard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-01-11
    HI I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM SO HOPE I AM USING IT CORRECTLY. I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A SECOND HAND TC 2290

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS

1. HOW CAN YOU BYPASS THE DELAY USING A FOOTSWITCH

2. I HAVE A MIDI MOUSE TO CHANGE PROGRAMMES BUT CANNOT GET IT TO WORK PROPERLY

CAN ANYBODY HELP ?

THANKS

ANDREW
    read more...
    0 3,522
    • 59standard
      scottbbmckin You need to build a TC 0050 controller. Google TC 0050 schematic. Its a simple resistive circuit with footswitches. It can be used to turn the delay on/off (bypass) and can also be used as a programme up and down controller using special numbers. You really need the manual to programme the unit to its best. The 2290 does not accept midi cc messages only midi program changes.

Another option is to try and get hold of a TC 0144 controller but they are rare to find. If anyone has a schematic of this I would love to see it and build one for my 2290.

Cheers,

SBM
      • February 10, 2010
    • 59standard
      FrankSteffenMül Hi,

I have a question about the TC2290:

When I turn the delay off (bypass), the stereo return (loop 5) doesnt`t work anymore - it`s mono.

Is that normal?

all the best

Frank
      • May 18, 2010
    • 59standard
      gadget

Frank Steffen Müller wrote:

Hi,

I have a question about the TC2290:

When I turn the delay off (bypass), the stereo return (loop 5) doesnt`t work anymore - it`s mono.

Is that normal?

all the best

Frank

Yes.

IIRC you need to make a patch with no delay or modulation, but with static panning.
      • June 9, 2010
    • 59standard
      Apoyando Hi Andrew,

Here's your answers:

You must hit the enable button on the front for the TC to receive Midi messages

You could create a preset with the delay off, and save it

Hi Frank

The loop was probably enabled as part of your program, bypassing the delat bypasses the whole program, including the loops. You could set the delay mix to 0 and use the the loop by itself as a program...
      • February 13, 2011
  • alantyson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-12-08
    I have purchased a new helicon VoiceLive and am having problems getting the hamonies to sound right. Some of them work on midi but I cannot work out how to use the machine properly from the manual. I tried to return the machine back to factory presets and have now lost all sound out. I have turned the output volume right up with no results. I have tried the email address on the box (there is none in the manual) and get the message that they don'r exist. How do I get in touch with support for Voice Live. I would appreciate some contact to help solve these problems. Alan Tyson.
    read more...
    0 1,002
  • elFato
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-11-18
    Hello sirs, I worked with TC konnekt 48 audio hardware an UAD2 solo card on a Windows XP SP3 platform, after changing PC hardware to new, i7 core, with ASUS workstation motherboard I started to have a problems with TC near drivers stability on windows XP. After hours of researching I found that my TC konnekt does not like ATI card in my system. I decided that I try newer system, I try Windows Vista 32 bit - the same result with the many other problems, like TC near software does not like UAD drivers on this system. With ASIO for ALL drivers all works perfect. Next I try Windows 7 32 bit. All works perfect until I want to use UAD plugin in Cubase insert chain - no audio from system and system long response. With Asio for ALL all works, but by me this is not a solution for my problem. On newest drivers I can not change WDM input settings so I can not map ADAT inputs. I try this on MAC PRO machine with windows 7 system and Vista too. Same result. Only thing in my mind is that is a TC near driver problem.I try 2.2.1 drivers 2.1.3 beta drivers. Have any others that experience?

Thanks

p.s. sorry for my English
    read more...
    0 4,638
    • elFato
      tacman7 I use 3 UAD cards with the SK48 and XPpro sp2 with no problems.

Going to stay with it for some time. Until all this stuff gets ironed out. The only thing would be good if I could use more of the memory with the new OS, but I do everything I want to do with what I have.

I'm not using samplers with large soundsets etc. If I wanted to use them then I would need to use all the memory.
      • November 17, 2009
    • elFato
      Satoration I have exactly the same problem and my workaround is to use generic ASIO driver for mixing and TC Near for recording, but the problem is that I sometimes I use some UAD-2 plug-ins for preliminary mixes and it is awkward to change in between... I have to disable all the plug-ins in the mix and then change to TC Near to record some additional tracks - this is not ok.

With the latest TC Near drivers the system is not stable even with the generic ASIO drivers, so I am stuck with 3.0.0.25 driver.

At least I can use this workaround, but UAD-2 and TC Near still don't collaborate.

I am on Windows 7 32bit and Nuendo 6 - the latest update - it already didn't work in Nuendo 5.5... Generic drivers work and also my friend's Presonus Firebox works with its ancient drivers... so the problem is TC Near...

Any solutions?

I will probably ditch the card soon, I see no other solution - I am using this workaround for too long already.

el Fato wrote:

Hello sirs, I worked with TC konnekt 48 audio hardware an UAD2 solo card on a Windows XP SP3 platform, after changing PC hardware to new, i7 core, with ASUS workstation motherboard I started to have a problems with TC near drivers stability on windows XP. After hours of researching I found that my TC konnekt does not like ATI card in my system. I decided that I try newer system, I try Windows Vista 32 bit - the same result with the many other problems, like TC near software does not like UAD drivers on this system. With ASIO for ALL drivers all works perfect. Next I try Windows 7 32 bit. All works perfect until I want to use UAD plugin in Cubase insert chain - no audio from system and system long response. With Asio for ALL all works, but by me this is not a solution for my problem. On newest drivers I can not change WDM input settings so I can not map ADAT inputs. I try this on MAC PRO machine with windows 7 system and Vista too. Same result. Only thing in my mind is that is a TC near driver problem.I try 2.2.1 drivers 2.1.3 beta drivers. Have any others that experience?

Thanks

p.s. sorry for my English
      • October 6, 2013
    • elFato
      hagen What is the problem?
      • October 7, 2013
    • elFato
      Satoration The problem is that TC Near drivers don't work with UAD-2 on my system and inside Nuendo 6 DAW - while the generic ASIO drivers work and also the drivers and soundcard Presonus Firebox that I tested...

The problem is that I can't use TC studiokonnekt 48 with its drivers when I want to mix a song in Nuendo 6 with UAD-2 plug-ins. It's not UAD fault - the other drivers - even the generic ones work... but I need TC Near to properly use the card - for recording, etc. I am tired of using this workaround...

How does the problem look/sound? The system slows down to almost freezing and I get no audio or only stuttering audio...
      • October 7, 2013
    • elFato
      Satoration I would just like to say I solved the problem, although I don't know what it was...

I moved to a 64bit system, installed all the new 64bit drivers and now it works. I can use UAD-2 plug-ins with TC Near driver engaged in the DAW...

Also - I disabled audio on NVIDIA graphic card (wasn't aware before, that graphic cards had audio drivers...), but don't know if that influences anything or not... I just read somewhere that it could cause problems...
      • October 28, 2013
  • SBurks
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-10-13
    I purchased The Finalizer in 1996. I do not believe it is the 96k version. Is it possible to upgrade to the 96k version?
    0 1,328
  • BenGodard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-09-26
    I have a rackmount Lexicon MPX1 stereo effects processor and as far as I know it's a line level unit but it does have a level knob on it to adjust the gain. However, the TC 2290 I just got looks like it is only for instument level. My question is does the TC 2290 only allow an instrument level effects units to be run through the effects send/return loop? If that is the case then that is very unfortunate because most high quality rack mount effects are line level.

I would like to hear from those who have owned a TC 2290
    read more...
    0 2,134
    • BenGodard
      Laird_Williams

BenGodard wrote:

I have a rackmount Lexicon MPX1 stereo effects processor and as far as I know it's a line level unit but it does have a level knob on it to adjust the gain. However, the TC 2290 I just got looks like it is only for instument level. My question is does the TC 2290 only allow an instrument level effects units to be run through the effects send/return loop? If that is the case then that is very unfortunate because most high quality rack mount effects are line level.

I would like to hear from those who have owned a TC 2290

Why are you posting this to the G-System user forum? A G-System is not a 2290.
      • September 26, 2009
    • BenGodard
      BenGodard I thought current users of the G-system might have previously used the TC 2290 and might be so kind to offer help. Guess I was wrong. Sorry to break the chain of thought on the G-series. I wouldn't have bothered if they had a forum on the TC2290 delay.
      • September 27, 2009
    • BenGodard
      Laird_Williams

BenGodard wrote:

I thought current users of the G-system might have previously used the TC 2290 and might be so kind to offer help. Guess I was wrong. Sorry to break the chain of thought on the G-series. I wouldn't have bothered if they had a forum on the TC2290 delay.

There might be a few. I think TC should set up a "legacy products" thread for you guys. There are still a lot of users of the 2290 and some of their other gear out there - and you don't appear to have a "home" right now.
      • September 27, 2009
    • BenGodard
      FrankSteffenMül Hi,

i use this old thread for my TC2290.

The question about the TC2290:

Is that normal?

all the best

Frank
      • May 18, 2010
  • jamie_dan_r
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-09-21
    Hello.

we use TC 6000 units chased via timecode. this, up till now has been fine for us. We are finding more and more we need to conform the patch automation.

we have now set up midi to give us control through protools for when we conform the patch changes.

What I cant find is a Midi patch name file for the TC6000 unit. does one exist? If so i would really appreciate a link to it.

Thanks.

jamie.
    read more...
    0 2,228
    • jamie_dan_r
      maggot a heads-up for you and any others with this issue (everyone I guess)

I have added support for re-conforming of the TC6000 snapshot automation to my "conformalizer" application.

the feature is in a BETA state but has been used successfully on a couple of big feature mixes.

contact me for details if you want to give this a try - there are a couple of gotchas in the current implementation but it is still very useable.

apologies to the board admins if this reads like advertising.

justin webster
      • September 30, 2009
  • mamunoz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-08-22
    Hello, I am new in this group and I have a question about the TC 2290. Does anybody know if is possible to control the fx loops using MIDI messages? I have been reading the manual but it does not says anything about wich midi numbers (0-127) can control any of the FX loops in the 2290's rear panel.

Thank you for any comment about this.
    read more...
    0 1,141
    • mamunoz
      scottbmckin Hi,

I think I have it worked out but it a little complicated. This is what you need:

Axess CFX4 or similar midi controller that can take a midi cc change and convert it to a momentary switch output (1/4" mono jack).

You need to build a TC 0050 controller which is basically a resistive circuit that the TC 2290 can recognize through the Assign input of the TC 2290.

You connect as follows:

Midi out of G System to the midi in of the CFX4. The midi out of the CFX4 into the midi in of the TC 2290. Set 4 CC's on the G System to control the momentary relays of the CFX4. You will also control PC's with the G System. Note you can assign 4 switches on the G System to control the CFX4 relays.

Connect the CFX4 to the TC 0050 then connect the output of the TC 0050 to the Assign input of the TC 2290.

The trick is that you will have to build a TC 0050 but you will use the switches of the CFX4 instead of standard foot switches. You can use either mono or stereo jacks for the TC 0050 depending on the leads you use. I can email a diagram if you need it.

Thanks
      • August 24, 2009
  • scottbmckin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-08-07
    Hi,

Does anyone know if you can control the TC 2290 with the G System Relays.

There is a pedal called the TC 0050 which is a switcher pedal for the TC 2290. This switcher can be used to switch on the delay and switch loops on and off in the TC 2290.

The TC 0050 schematic can be found on the link below:

http://www.vollton.de/d_handbuch/signalb_tc_1280.pdf

Looking at this schematic could the relays of the G System be used as momentary switches. If they could then a converter box could be created housing the resistors and jacks.2 No TRS on one side (from G System) and 1 No TS on the other (goes to TC 2290).

Basically you would have as follows

G System SW1 (TRS-TRS Cable)
    -> [Conveter box] TS-TS (Cable) -> TC 2290
    G System SW2 (TRS-TRS Cable)

The Tip and Ring would be used for SW1 Relay A/SW1 Relay B and the same for SW2

The set up is similar to amp switching but with a resistive circuit in the middle.

Any thoughts or help on this would be appreciated.
    read more...
    0 976
    • scottbmckin
      Rob In my understanding the TC2290 has midi, so you could use midi out of the G to midi in of the TC2290.

Cheers,

Rob
      • August 7, 2009
  • trooper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-19
    Hey all, i bought a tc konnekt 6 like - 2-3 weeks ago and i still haveing big problems, i already wrote to the support and got some answers "and still waiting for some" but why i write here is cuz im getting frustrated and dont rly know what to do! my problem is this, when i select TC Near as drivers in Cubase or any other music program it start to lagging/freezing/crashing i can´t rly do anything!! i have a HP Pavilion dv9500/Amd Turion 64 X2 TL-58 1.90Ghz 2gb ram Vista 32-bit Home Premium, and the drivers etc is updated, i have the TC_Near_220_4988_340 installed, ive tried Audacity, Cubase,FL Studio 8, and many different music programs with the same result, what can possible be wrong? any one else experience this?! please help me
    read more...
    0 5,462
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Have you tried the DPC Spike Checker tool, found in your Programs/TCElectronics folder?

Also, what are your TCnear buffers set to?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Thanks for answering, yes ive tried DPC Spike Checker tool it says "your computer is performing well and seems to optimized for audio streaming" same stuff happens when i try to run cubase etc, even tho i cant use the program when it start lagging/freezing up,

my asio buffer size on "tc near control panel" is sett on 256 samples ive tried to change it but nothing happened, this is my first audio interface so im not verry good at settings,
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Sometimes Freeware/Shareware, Bloatware (software supplied by the computer manufacturer) & other "appz" (cough!) can have unforeseen outcomes.

Antivirus software & having an active internet connection can also cause problems.

I take it that you manage to get Cubase running? What does the VST Performance meters show? And what about your CPU percentages when Cubase is running an active project?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Yep i can run Cubase ,,,"VST Performance meters" cant see if theres any movement,

the cpu percentages movie between 2-10% pretty steady, it moves up a little more when program freezing up to mutch, Cubase work and all but as soon as i choose Tc Near as device i cant use it anymore , im not talking about small lagg spikes or anything like that, its more like the program getting stuck, it takes like 50 sec or more after i clickt on something to open a menu or anything else , but when tc near is not selcted on cubase it works great but of course i cant record without selecting tc near as drivers, im not sure if any other "appz" can make it lagg so bad as it do, i know you can get some bad lagg by haveing some other progs being active tho but this lagg i think is caused by something else cuz its so mutch lagg ,but maby ??? ill check it out , thanks for the reply i real appreciate it,
      • June 20, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper hey i just found out some strange things.. first of all when i select Tc Near as drivers the cpu monitor goes crasy "its like max out to 99% usage" dosent matter if konnekt 6 power is on or off it just goes crasy. so i messt around for awhile and did choose Asio DirectX Full Duplex and wow i can choose the direct sound input ports there and "the tc near microphone" and of course it works to record by doing that,, but i dont get it , why is it like that? shudent i have Tc Near as selected asio drivers ? this is strange well atleast i can record now, anyone else have similar settings?
      • June 20, 2009
Go to page