Statistics

285,084 members
166,987 posts
  • mrjones111
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-06-14
    does any one know if the the finalizer plus converters are top notch? are they better than the digi stuff? i have a the finalizer plus and wonder if they are equal in quality to the stand alone 1000 buck converters.. ( after all the finalizer did cost a bundle! )

thanks people
    read more...
    0 1,336
  • DaveFussell
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-03-10
    Hi

I've heard a lot of good things about the TC2290 and (assuming they're near impossible to get hold of) was wondering what, if anything, is considered to have taken it's place in the current TC product range.

Alternatively, if there's a suggested means of acquiring a 2290, that'd be great...

Many thanks

Dave
    read more...
    0 1,623
  • bossa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-02-14
    Hi,
    A week ago I bought a UAD-2 Nevana128 and it's taken me all week to realize that TC Near (or the TCE firewire drivers at least) seems to be causing the UAD-2 card to BSOD on my system. I just took it for granted it was the UAD-2 card that was the problem as my UAD-1 card works fine.

After overcoming a few other hardware issues which went away after updating the m/b drivers I've narrowed it down to TC Near. Even my POD XT Pro can act as my system audio I/O using Line6 ASIO drivers and no crashes and my on-board native audio can load up a test project with all DSP's at around 95% without crashing.

This is most disappointing news as it looks like I am going to have to ditch the Konnekt hardware and go to a dedicated PCI/PCIe card type system like an RME HDSP or MOTU 2408 etc... more cash than I have right now.

Just thought I'd mention that

Cheers
    read more...
    0 7,904
    • bossa
      RJB Hey Bossa,

Are you sure it is a hardware issue with the uad card and not something that can be solved with the drivers?

What did u-audio respond regarding the issue?

Did you already report this to TC-beta? As the konnekt drivers are also still in beta.

I just ask because I have a powercore, a konnekt 48 and was thinking to add a uad-2 to my system, I am happy you told me it is at the moment not really working out.

Regards,

RJB
      • February 16, 2009
    • bossa
      nixx I noticed someone (here or in the poco forum), having UAD-2 listed in the signature along with Konnekt... bummer I don't remember the nick. Try to search a little and maybe ask if he has the same issues.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      JoZoB Hi Bossa,

Wish I could help with something specific, but all I can offer is that the UAD-2 works fine on my system with the SK48.

My specs are below if you want to compare, as we have somewhat similar hardware setups.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      bossa

JoZoB wrote:

Hi Bossa,

Wish I could help with something specific, but all I can offer is that the UAD-2 works fine on my system with the SK48.

My specs are below if you want to compare, as we have somewhat similar hardware setups.

Thanks for the replies guys.

JoZoB.. Can you tell me which TC Near driver you are using please? I can't run the latest Beta as the GUI is blank and it never gets past the splash screen on my Quadcore. I'm also wondering if Cubase is the main culprit for me then as you're using Sonar v8.

UA have only responded re' RED LED issues and told me to swap slots.. I already did all that but the SK48 still crashes the computer when the UAD-2 Quad is in there.

As I said earlier I can use my DKx32 without any problems at all...

I'm still waiting for TC Support to get back to me on this issue.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      JoZoB

bossa wrote:

JoZoB.. Can you tell me which TC Near driver you are using please? I can't run the latest Beta as the GUI is blank and it never gets past the splash screen on my Quadcore. I'm also wondering if Cubase is the main culprit for me then as you're using Sonar v8.

Bossa,

I'm using the latest Beta 4677 Drivers, without the problems you mention.

Could be Cubase vs. SONAR, but, FWIW, I'd be more inclined to guess it was a core hardware/driver conflict issue, or maybe Vista vs. XP.

HTH
      • February 17, 2009
  • Ladylove
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-01-10
    Greetings,

I am a long time TC Electronics enthusiast..I have the Gold Channel and the 2000 reverb..
    Since my budget won't allow the purchase of a new Finalizer Express or the 96k...I ran across an original finalizer wizard for cheap...This unit has the 16 - 20 bit converters. I usually record to one or two tracks at a time and build up my sessions this way...I never use the upper resolutions, 88.2 or 96k anyway...

My plan is to record mic to Grace m101 to Finalizer to Akai Dps24 II inserts (bypassing the pres in the Akai), My question is this: Will the 20-bit converters on the Finalizer affect the sonic quality significantly compared to the Finalizer Plus? Option #2: I can SPDIF out of the Finalizer to the SPDIF of the Akai? (The Akai also has digital L & R input source)..On mixdown I can dither all songs on a project to 16 bit 44.1k, return the 2 track signal back to the Finalizer in SPDIF for mastering and then back to my computer SPDIF input for recording 2 track to final CD...

I know this is long and drawn out...but any help and feedback you could give would be most appreciated...

Thanks,
    Linda
    read more...
    0 4,202
  • djkenneth
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-12-12
    Hi,
    Could anyone tell me how i use the finalizer just to work with my vocal microphone and mixer.
    I dont want to compress or alter the music output just the mic output and input.
    Many Thanks,
    Ken
    0 1,957
  • martinus1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-12-03
    I am investing in some compressors for our live equipment (Lucas Impact, Mackie onyx 16-2 mixer, lexMX200, TCM350) and i would like to get some information about comparison of the c300 and c400xl. From the manual there is no difference obviously except the XLR In and outs of the c400. Is there a difference in processingpower and sound or just what? The price is about twice the C300! Has anybody tested this two parts.
    thanks for every information about this - martinus1
    read more...
    0 1,796
  • raffel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-11-27
    Hi everybody, playing with my new finalizer 96, I'm recording my analog piano thru it and I have it connected with toslink cables to the adat inputs of my rme 9652. It works fine with mode 48, but in mode 96 the optical option that is adat12 disappears and I can only choose between tos and thru and then it doesn't gets sinchronized with the rme. Any idea abou it? Thanks a lot!
    read more...
    0 1,471
    • raffel
      eric_s The Finalizer doesn't support ADAT SMUX, which is the way to have 4 audio channels on one ADAT wire in 96kHz mode.

You either send the signal over RCA/SPDIF to the RME card or you need to switch the RME card to run SPDIF/TOS on the optical connectors in stead of ADAT (as far as I remember the RME card is able to run SPDIF/TOS as well as ADAT on the optical connectors - but check for yourself) and then set the Finalizer optical output to TOS.

Best eric
      • November 29, 2008
  • Reladosimi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2008-11-19
    I use Konnekt 48 with windows XP SP2. I have several problems.
    If someone experience the same problem, tell me.

1st:
    The Konnekt 48 won't boot with or without firewire connection. Only the blue light around the power buttom appear but no "TC logo" at boot and no connection with computer. It's a intermitent problem and the unit boot after the second guess.

2: The Konnekt 48 loose is connectivity with the computer over time via firewire. I can see on TCnear that the connection for DAW is grey out.

I have the latest software (2.1) and my computer is running fine

Thank's for your collaboration
    read more...
    0 8,452
    • Reladosimi
      Anamnesia Hi Reladosimi.

It pays to read previous posts;

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2320
      • November 19, 2008
    • Reladosimi
      mixscape "The Konnekt 48 loose is connectivity with the computer over time via firewire. I can see on TCnear that the connection for DAW is grey out."

Disable all network connection ! i had the same problem and it works for me
      • November 19, 2008
    • Reladosimi
      Reladosimi Thank's for your collaboration. The unit boot, but not the first time. When it cold, it apears that the 1st boot, the unit power(blue light around power button) but no TC logo and no connectivity with comouter. I have also remove netork connection in my computer but the unit loose is connection by intermitence. Thank's
      • November 19, 2008
    • Reladosimi
      mixscape ok but are you sure you have disable all the network connection into the DEVICE MANAGER (its the better way !). If you have an anti-virus you must remove it. After that, dont forget to turn off all into the security center (firewall,automatic update,virus protection)

Another thing than could help you.. Turn on your konnekt then use the DPC SPIKE CHECKER TOOL (start menu/all program/tc electronics/spike checker). See what it say to you in windows . You can test it into your sequencer too. Sometimes it can help.
      • November 19, 2008
    • Reladosimi
      Anamnesia [Unintentional hi-jack]

mixscape: I regularly forget to switch-off the network connection & kill the anti-virus software (Kaspersky) on my notebook. Doesn't skip a beat for me...

Of course, sometimes I forget that I'm in power-saving mode & begin having kittens when the SK48 is stuttering & stammering. It's not until I do a re-boot (wondering why it's taking so long) that I realise that I've got the notebook set to something other than High Performance.

Oh, one other interesting thing I've seen. Whilst running in High Performance on Battery (not plugged-in), with the SK48, Steinberg Key, MOTU MIDI Express XT & Lexicon MX400 plugged into the FW/USB's, after about 10 seconds the notebook crashes... Remove one USB & it doesn't occur.
      • November 20, 2008
  • bossa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2008-11-02
    I have been going great guns with the new computer until a today.

Here are some points:

1: 24/7C is causing Cubase to become unusable everytime I insert it into a track. It doesn't matter if it's a mono or stereo instance or if it's on a normal or group channel track. The program becomes 'Not Responding" in teh system and I have to envoke Task Manager to quit the application. Is there a recognized bug with 24/7C that does this?

2: PowercoreCL does not insert into a track when placed in an insert slot.
    3: Filtroid comes up DISABLED
    4: Sidechainer doesn't work and has gabage code flickering in the channel gadget.
    5: DynamicEQ does exactly what 24/7C does (Cubase goes NOT RESPONDING)

The DSP usage on the Powercorex8 is just under 4 in the project I am working on - I tested the system with 6 DSPs running just to make sure it wsn't the '4 DSP bug" people talk about.

Cheers
    read more...
    0 2,158
    • bossa
      bossa Looking at my Administration error logs I see that Resfilter Konnekt.dll has been causing this crash.. after removing it from the project the problems mentioned in the previous post went away.. but no more Res Filter.. damn!

I thought some other brand of plugin would be to blame and looked at all the other ones I had .. even uninstalling them. I did not expect aTCE plugin to be the cause of these problems.
      • November 4, 2008
    • bossa
      Nauticus Hello Bossa.

I'm having trouble with Cubase not responding with some plugins as well. Can you tell me where I could find these administration logs so I can try to fix it?

Thank you!
      • October 9, 2013
  • Elekt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2008-10-01
    I'm pretty disheartened here.

I purchased a StudioKonnekt48 less than a month ago for use in my home studio. I was too busy to even unbox it when I first received it so it's seen only maybe 2 weeks of light use in my studio (maybe 1-2 hours per day) primarily using a studio mic and my midi keyboard.

Tonight while using it, all audio completely died and all lights on the unit turned off except for the blue ring around the power button.

I attempted to power it up again multiple times and removed all the cables from it but no matter what I did all that happened was the blue light around the power button came on, no other lights, no sound, no lights on the control unit, not recognized by my computer.

It appears totally dead.

I guess will be sending it in for warranty/repair or replacement...but after only a couple of weeks of use I'm concerned. Is this normal? Are others having problems?

How long will I be without the unit? I just had my studio setup and without the konnekt48 it's all useless.

/frustrated
    read more...
    0 31,411
    • Elekt
      rune It is hard to say exactly what failed on the unit without examining it, but it is definitely not a common failure.

Contact a service center in the region where you bought the unit, or contact your dealer for a solution:

Service centers:

HTTP://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=10960
      • October 1, 2008
    • Elekt
      phasor Hi! i have the same problem with my konnekt,

Did you repair the unit??? how did you cost???

Thanks.
      • October 23, 2008
    • Elekt
      Elekt My unit was repaired under warranty. To their credit, TC got me my new unit very quicky.
      • November 17, 2008
    • Elekt
      acousticzeal i hope this is not the case as i just bought one.... someone please reassure me!
      • November 18, 2008
    • Elekt
      RJB mmm, I also bought a konnekt 48 2 weeks back. My first unit had the same startup problem, so the shop replaced it. Now I have another unit which also does it, but a bit less often.

I have my SK48 connekted through sp/dif to my amp and when I turn on the SK48 and the logo doesn't show it gives a high pitched tone. When I turn it off and turn it on again it works strait away. Both units had firmware 1.05 when I first booted up.

Rune, is this a hardware fault or is it something that can be solved with a firmware update?
      • November 20, 2008
Go to page