Statistics

298,480 members
182,086 posts
  • mamunoz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-08-22
    Hello, I am new in this group and I have a question about the TC 2290. Does anybody know if is possible to control the fx loops using MIDI messages? I have been reading the manual but it does not says anything about wich midi numbers (0-127) can control any of the FX loops in the 2290's rear panel.

Thank you for any comment about this.
    read more...
    0 1,146
    • mamunoz
      scottbmckin Hi,

I think I have it worked out but it a little complicated. This is what you need:

Axess CFX4 or similar midi controller that can take a midi cc change and convert it to a momentary switch output (1/4" mono jack).

You need to build a TC 0050 controller which is basically a resistive circuit that the TC 2290 can recognize through the Assign input of the TC 2290.

You connect as follows:

Midi out of G System to the midi in of the CFX4. The midi out of the CFX4 into the midi in of the TC 2290. Set 4 CC's on the G System to control the momentary relays of the CFX4. You will also control PC's with the G System. Note you can assign 4 switches on the G System to control the CFX4 relays.

Connect the CFX4 to the TC 0050 then connect the output of the TC 0050 to the Assign input of the TC 2290.

The trick is that you will have to build a TC 0050 but you will use the switches of the CFX4 instead of standard foot switches. You can use either mono or stereo jacks for the TC 0050 depending on the leads you use. I can email a diagram if you need it.

Thanks
      • August 24, 2009
  • scottbmckin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-08-07
    Hi,

Does anyone know if you can control the TC 2290 with the G System Relays.

There is a pedal called the TC 0050 which is a switcher pedal for the TC 2290. This switcher can be used to switch on the delay and switch loops on and off in the TC 2290.

The TC 0050 schematic can be found on the link below:

http://www.vollton.de/d_handbuch/signalb_tc_1280.pdf

Looking at this schematic could the relays of the G System be used as momentary switches. If they could then a converter box could be created housing the resistors and jacks.2 No TRS on one side (from G System) and 1 No TS on the other (goes to TC 2290).

Basically you would have as follows

G System SW1 (TRS-TRS Cable)
    -> [Conveter box] TS-TS (Cable) -> TC 2290
    G System SW2 (TRS-TRS Cable)

The Tip and Ring would be used for SW1 Relay A/SW1 Relay B and the same for SW2

The set up is similar to amp switching but with a resistive circuit in the middle.

Any thoughts or help on this would be appreciated.
    read more...
    0 983
    • scottbmckin
      Rob In my understanding the TC2290 has midi, so you could use midi out of the G to midi in of the TC2290.

Cheers,

Rob
      • August 7, 2009
  • trooper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-19
    Hey all, i bought a tc konnekt 6 like - 2-3 weeks ago and i still haveing big problems, i already wrote to the support and got some answers "and still waiting for some" but why i write here is cuz im getting frustrated and dont rly know what to do! my problem is this, when i select TC Near as drivers in Cubase or any other music program it start to lagging/freezing/crashing i can´t rly do anything!! i have a HP Pavilion dv9500/Amd Turion 64 X2 TL-58 1.90Ghz 2gb ram Vista 32-bit Home Premium, and the drivers etc is updated, i have the TC_Near_220_4988_340 installed, ive tried Audacity, Cubase,FL Studio 8, and many different music programs with the same result, what can possible be wrong? any one else experience this?! please help me
    read more...
    0 5,480
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Have you tried the DPC Spike Checker tool, found in your Programs/TCElectronics folder?

Also, what are your TCnear buffers set to?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Thanks for answering, yes ive tried DPC Spike Checker tool it says "your computer is performing well and seems to optimized for audio streaming" same stuff happens when i try to run cubase etc, even tho i cant use the program when it start lagging/freezing up,

my asio buffer size on "tc near control panel" is sett on 256 samples ive tried to change it but nothing happened, this is my first audio interface so im not verry good at settings,
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Sometimes Freeware/Shareware, Bloatware (software supplied by the computer manufacturer) & other "appz" (cough!) can have unforeseen outcomes.

Antivirus software & having an active internet connection can also cause problems.

I take it that you manage to get Cubase running? What does the VST Performance meters show? And what about your CPU percentages when Cubase is running an active project?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Yep i can run Cubase ,,,"VST Performance meters" cant see if theres any movement,

the cpu percentages movie between 2-10% pretty steady, it moves up a little more when program freezing up to mutch, Cubase work and all but as soon as i choose Tc Near as device i cant use it anymore , im not talking about small lagg spikes or anything like that, its more like the program getting stuck, it takes like 50 sec or more after i clickt on something to open a menu or anything else , but when tc near is not selcted on cubase it works great but of course i cant record without selecting tc near as drivers, im not sure if any other "appz" can make it lagg so bad as it do, i know you can get some bad lagg by haveing some other progs being active tho but this lagg i think is caused by something else cuz its so mutch lagg ,but maby ??? ill check it out , thanks for the reply i real appreciate it,
      • June 20, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper hey i just found out some strange things.. first of all when i select Tc Near as drivers the cpu monitor goes crasy "its like max out to 99% usage" dosent matter if konnekt 6 power is on or off it just goes crasy. so i messt around for awhile and did choose Asio DirectX Full Duplex and wow i can choose the direct sound input ports there and "the tc near microphone" and of course it works to record by doing that,, but i dont get it , why is it like that? shudent i have Tc Near as selected asio drivers ? this is strange well atleast i can record now, anyone else have similar settings?
      • June 20, 2009
  • mrjones111
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-06-14
    does any one know if the the finalizer plus converters are top notch? are they better than the digi stuff? i have a the finalizer plus and wonder if they are equal in quality to the stand alone 1000 buck converters.. ( after all the finalizer did cost a bundle! )

thanks people
    read more...
    0 1,337
  • DaveFussell
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-03-10
    Hi

I've heard a lot of good things about the TC2290 and (assuming they're near impossible to get hold of) was wondering what, if anything, is considered to have taken it's place in the current TC product range.

Alternatively, if there's a suggested means of acquiring a 2290, that'd be great...

Many thanks

Dave
    read more...
    0 1,635
  • bossa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-02-14
    Hi,
    A week ago I bought a UAD-2 Nevana128 and it's taken me all week to realize that TC Near (or the TCE firewire drivers at least) seems to be causing the UAD-2 card to BSOD on my system. I just took it for granted it was the UAD-2 card that was the problem as my UAD-1 card works fine.

After overcoming a few other hardware issues which went away after updating the m/b drivers I've narrowed it down to TC Near. Even my POD XT Pro can act as my system audio I/O using Line6 ASIO drivers and no crashes and my on-board native audio can load up a test project with all DSP's at around 95% without crashing.

This is most disappointing news as it looks like I am going to have to ditch the Konnekt hardware and go to a dedicated PCI/PCIe card type system like an RME HDSP or MOTU 2408 etc... more cash than I have right now.

Just thought I'd mention that

Cheers
    read more...
    0 7,908
    • bossa
      RJB Hey Bossa,

Are you sure it is a hardware issue with the uad card and not something that can be solved with the drivers?

What did u-audio respond regarding the issue?

Did you already report this to TC-beta? As the konnekt drivers are also still in beta.

I just ask because I have a powercore, a konnekt 48 and was thinking to add a uad-2 to my system, I am happy you told me it is at the moment not really working out.

Regards,

RJB
      • February 16, 2009
    • bossa
      nixx I noticed someone (here or in the poco forum), having UAD-2 listed in the signature along with Konnekt... bummer I don't remember the nick. Try to search a little and maybe ask if he has the same issues.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      JoZoB Hi Bossa,

Wish I could help with something specific, but all I can offer is that the UAD-2 works fine on my system with the SK48.

My specs are below if you want to compare, as we have somewhat similar hardware setups.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      bossa

JoZoB wrote:

Hi Bossa,

Wish I could help with something specific, but all I can offer is that the UAD-2 works fine on my system with the SK48.

My specs are below if you want to compare, as we have somewhat similar hardware setups.

Thanks for the replies guys.

JoZoB.. Can you tell me which TC Near driver you are using please? I can't run the latest Beta as the GUI is blank and it never gets past the splash screen on my Quadcore. I'm also wondering if Cubase is the main culprit for me then as you're using Sonar v8.

UA have only responded re' RED LED issues and told me to swap slots.. I already did all that but the SK48 still crashes the computer when the UAD-2 Quad is in there.

As I said earlier I can use my DKx32 without any problems at all...

I'm still waiting for TC Support to get back to me on this issue.
      • February 17, 2009
    • bossa
      JoZoB

bossa wrote:

JoZoB.. Can you tell me which TC Near driver you are using please? I can't run the latest Beta as the GUI is blank and it never gets past the splash screen on my Quadcore. I'm also wondering if Cubase is the main culprit for me then as you're using Sonar v8.

Bossa,

I'm using the latest Beta 4677 Drivers, without the problems you mention.

Could be Cubase vs. SONAR, but, FWIW, I'd be more inclined to guess it was a core hardware/driver conflict issue, or maybe Vista vs. XP.

HTH
      • February 17, 2009
  • Ladylove
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-01-10
    Greetings,

I am a long time TC Electronics enthusiast..I have the Gold Channel and the 2000 reverb..
    Since my budget won't allow the purchase of a new Finalizer Express or the 96k...I ran across an original finalizer wizard for cheap...This unit has the 16 - 20 bit converters. I usually record to one or two tracks at a time and build up my sessions this way...I never use the upper resolutions, 88.2 or 96k anyway...

My plan is to record mic to Grace m101 to Finalizer to Akai Dps24 II inserts (bypassing the pres in the Akai), My question is this: Will the 20-bit converters on the Finalizer affect the sonic quality significantly compared to the Finalizer Plus? Option #2: I can SPDIF out of the Finalizer to the SPDIF of the Akai? (The Akai also has digital L & R input source)..On mixdown I can dither all songs on a project to 16 bit 44.1k, return the 2 track signal back to the Finalizer in SPDIF for mastering and then back to my computer SPDIF input for recording 2 track to final CD...

I know this is long and drawn out...but any help and feedback you could give would be most appreciated...

Thanks,
    Linda
    read more...
    0 4,209
  • djkenneth
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-12-12
    Hi,
    Could anyone tell me how i use the finalizer just to work with my vocal microphone and mixer.
    I dont want to compress or alter the music output just the mic output and input.
    Many Thanks,
    Ken
    0 1,959
  • martinus1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-12-03
    I am investing in some compressors for our live equipment (Lucas Impact, Mackie onyx 16-2 mixer, lexMX200, TCM350) and i would like to get some information about comparison of the c300 and c400xl. From the manual there is no difference obviously except the XLR In and outs of the c400. Is there a difference in processingpower and sound or just what? The price is about twice the C300! Has anybody tested this two parts.
    thanks for every information about this - martinus1
    read more...
    0 1,800
  • raffel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2008-11-27
    Hi everybody, playing with my new finalizer 96, I'm recording my analog piano thru it and I have it connected with toslink cables to the adat inputs of my rme 9652. It works fine with mode 48, but in mode 96 the optical option that is adat12 disappears and I can only choose between tos and thru and then it doesn't gets sinchronized with the rme. Any idea abou it? Thanks a lot!
    read more...
    0 1,473
    • raffel
      eric_s The Finalizer doesn't support ADAT SMUX, which is the way to have 4 audio channels on one ADAT wire in 96kHz mode.

You either send the signal over RCA/SPDIF to the RME card or you need to switch the RME card to run SPDIF/TOS on the optical connectors in stead of ADAT (as far as I remember the RME card is able to run SPDIF/TOS as well as ADAT on the optical connectors - but check for yourself) and then set the Finalizer optical output to TOS.

Best eric
      • November 29, 2008
Go to page