Statistics

306,000 members
190,345 posts
  • doubleJ
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

My intention was to feed my sub from the Mono bus.
    Since I have to move to a different layer, just for that handle, I thought it would be cool to assign Mono to a DCA.
    I couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I used a MixBus (instead of Mono) and assigned it to a DCA.
    Is there a way to assign Mono to a DCA, do I have to do it the way I ended up doing it, or is there an even better way?
    Thanks...
    JJ

read more...
    0 337
    • doubleJ
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @doubleJ ,

Matrices, Main L/R, and Mono busses cannot be assigned to a DCA Group. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you can select 'M/C depends on Main L/R' under Link Preferences in SETUP. This will link the Mono buss level to the Main L/R fader (Turn down the Main, you turn down the subs as well). Otherwise, using a MixBus is your best bet. 

• August 23, 2019
    • doubleJ
      doubleJ

@ChaseMcKnight wrote:

Hi @doubleJ ,

Matrices, Main L/R, and Mono busses cannot be assigned to a DCA Group. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you can select 'M/C depends on Main L/R' under Link Preferences in SETUP. This will link the Mono buss level to the Main L/R fader (Turn down the Main, you turn down the subs as well). Otherwise, using a MixBus is your best bet. 

Thanks for the info.
      I did see the Depends option, but I still want to have manual control.
      MixBux it is.
      JJ

• August 23, 2019
    • doubleJ
      RexBeckett

@doubleJ 

You could use a custom layer to add the Mono bus fader to your normal channels. On X32 Edit, click the User 1 button on the left and then click Edit to define the Channels, Returns, Matrix, LR, M/C etc that you want. If you are using a tablet, Mixing Station MX32 also supports custom layers.

• August 23, 2019
  • EddieBishop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-23

My pedal is awesome and works in every way except beaming will not work no matter what I try.

0 165
    • EddieBishop
      TC-Mike

Please make sure you have latest firmware installed and use latest version of the Toneprint app:

Firmware updater for your Dreamscape pedal can be found here:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/THE-DREAMSCAPE/p/P0DDR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Prior to starting the firmwar eupdater, you need to set the pedal into boot mode ->

1. connect the usb cable to the computer running the firmware updater

2. insert the power supply while holding down the footswitch 

3. LED will turn gree indicating that the product is in boot mode and ready to receive the data upload

4. Start the downloaded firmware updater 

5. Select "Dreamscape" in the drop down menu 

6. click on "update" button

If this should not fix the issue, please get back to us...

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
  • Boydsongs
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

I posted a question about audio delay from the HP out on my Perform V, and received an email with this case number (00992729). I can't find any referance to this case. Help?

0 142
    • Boydsongs
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @Boydsongs 

I do see that one of my Care colleagues responded to case 00992729 on 8/16/19 requesting more information however I just asked if they could reach back out to you - let me know if you receive their new email. Be sure to check your spam folder! 

• August 23, 2019
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

My bassist has a new bass cabinet with a Hartke 3500 head on it, so now I can output the sound to my XR18. I can also output from "Effect"-out on the head to the XR18 and return the signal back to the head before outputing from the cabinet. 

I'd like to figure out a way, if possible, so that I can use an XR18 channel fader on the master fader panel to control the sound in the bass cabinet. I think I can bring the signal in on a channel and output it from an Aux with a xlr-to-trs plug back to the head, but then I'll have to control the volume using a fader on one of the busses. Is there a way to route the IN/OUT so that the master channel fader control the volume?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 159
    • marosell
      RexBeckett

@marosell 

Hi Mike, you don't need to use a bus. You can drive an Aux output from a channel post fader. For example, the following would drive Aux6 from Channel 10 post-fader:

XR18 Aux.PNGIf you don't want the bass channel in the main mix, remove it on its Main tab by clicking on the LR button:

XR18 LR.PNG

• August 22, 2019
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

I'd like to try to side chain filter compression on my lead guitar based on the vocal channel. That way his sound doesn't have to be faded in and out when we gig live and the vocalist stays forefront when signing. The problem we're having is that the guitarist understandably doesn't like his own signal being cut out from his monitor mix when he's playing; it's distracting for one, but he also needs his volume set where he can hear what he's playing. Is there a way to make sure the side chain compression is only being filtered on the Main L/R and NOT out of the monitor mix?

FYI, the monitor buses are being sent signal "Post-EQ" which I thought was pre-compression anyways, but I guess not pre-side-chain-compression?

read more...
    0 460
    • marosell
      RexBeckett

@marosell 

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

If you use the Post EQ signal tap for the guitar channel send to the monitor bus, it will not be affected by the channel compressor. See the block diagram to understand how the signal taps are arranged in the channel processing path.

XR18 Sends.PNG

• August 23, 2019
    • marosell
      marosell

Thanks Rex. The Post-EQ tap is being used, but for some reason my guitarist swears he can hear his signal drop in his monitor.

• August 23, 2019
  • BRymes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

Hello, I have recently purchased a VoiceLive 3 Extreme.

Can the stereo guitar input be used to provide 2 separate inputs from my piezo & humbucker equipped guitar?

I have a PRS hollowbody that I would like to use for both acoustic and humbucker songs. I have recently purchased a Parker "Y" cable that combines the 2 mono guitar signals into a stereo input jack.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PARKER20--pro-co-parker20-magnetic-piezo-guitar-y-cable-20-foot

Thank you.

read more...
    0 199
    • BRymes
      Boydsongs

I don't see any way to do that, since the VL3 only has a single guitar input. The way to get around it, is to use an A/B box after the VL3, and run to different amps, or channels. I use a similar guitar, and there are enough tweaks in the VL3 to handle acoustic, and electric sounds without running separate amps. [disclaimer} I do NOT use a lot of distotion effects, as I'm mostly rhythm, and surf leads.

• August 23, 2019
    • BRymes
      BRymes

I realize that there is only 1 guitar input, but my understanding is that it's supposed to be a stereo jack. 

The parker "Y" cable assigns the piezo to the to the tip of the sterio jack and assigns the humbucker to the ring of the sterio jack. (essentially 2 mono inputs in 1 stereo jack) 

I would like to be able to set up my acoustic presets to draw from the pan left/tip input and the humbucker presets to draw from the pan right/ring of the sterio input jack.

• August 23, 2019
    • BRymes
      KenMitchell

@BRymes 

Hi Bill, 

The Guitar Input on the VL3X is a TS Mono not Stereo.  The 3.5mm Aux input next to it is a stereo input but that's for line level accessories such as an iPod, etc. 

Ken

• August 23, 2019
  • marosell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-23

Long time lurker first time poster! I'm gigging with my band live tonight and it's the first time we're using the bass player's cabinet. The head on his cabinet is the Hartke 3500. Previous equipment did not have the ability to send/return signal to a mixing board, but now we do.

My question: If I bring the signal from the head into the XR18 on a channel (say, channel 2) from the effects send, then return the signal via Aux 2 to the head's return (xlr to trs adapter?), can the cabinet's volume be controlled via the XR18? I assume this would be very similar to using Bus2/Aux2 as a personal monitor, and only playing Channel 2 from this "monitor".

Further: If so, I see that I can route the IN/OUT such that Aux2 is soley in receipt of Channel 2 instead of Bus 2. If I do this, can I control the volume going to the bass cabinet with the Channel 2 fader on the Master Fader Panel and not have to open the bus panel? Is there any other way to route signal such that the bass cabinet can be controlled from the Master Fader Panel?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 104
  • musictalks
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-23

I've a problem with my X32. The power shut down and now only the buttons on the right of the monit light (but are dim). Out of warranty, so cracked it open and have the following voltages from the PSU (main connector, 13pin)

1) 47v, 2) 15.14v, 3) 6.67v, 4) 15v, 5) 0v, 6) 8.25v, 7) 3.3v, 8) 5.0v, 9) 5.0v, 10) 5.0v, 11) 0v, 12) 0v, 13) 0v

235.2 v ac coming in through the back.

Can anyone confirm if these are correct or not?

Cheers from Australia

read more...
    0 187
  • doubleJ
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-22

Maybe the X32's solo function doesn't work this way, but I'm used to Yamaha's Cue function.
    With that, it only outputs the cued channel.
    The X32 outputs all channels, but quieter.
    Is there a way to only output the solo'd channel to headphones?
    I didn't see an option that worked that way.
    Thanks...
    JJ

read more...
    0 193
    • doubleJ
      DaveMorrison

Hi @doubleJ 

The default solo action will route the solo-ed channel(s) to the headphones/monitor outs.Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.03.09 AM.pngThis screen shot shows the default settings:

• August 22, 2019
    • doubleJ
      doubleJ

@DaveMorrison wrote:

Hi @doubleJ 

The default solo action will route the solo-ed channel(s) to the headphones/monitor outs.Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.03.09 AM.pngThis screen shot shows the default settings:

The problem was that I was doing a virtual soundcheck and I had the master bus going out the same outputs as my kick and snare.
      Whenever I tried to solo, I used kick as it was the first channel.
      When it didn't work, as I intended, I didn't try other channels.
      I feel like a goob.
      Hehehe...
      Thanks for the assistance, even though it was just me being a moron.
      JJ

• August 23, 2019
  • EllisLampman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-22

How do I get the effects to go down with channel slider as it does with main LR? I drop the volume on a vocal channel in a monitor buss and I hear all of the wet signal. 

Thanks

E

0 166
    • EllisLampman
      Paul_Vannatto

@EllisLampman wrote:

How do I get the effects to go down with channel slider as it does with main LR? I drop the volume on a vocal channel in a monitor buss and I hear all of the wet signal. 

That is because the channel sends taps (post fader) to the buses feeding the FX (typically buses 13-16) are related to the channel strip faders, not the individual channel sends faders to the other buses that feed your monitors. Therefore the resulting wet mix returned is a result of the processing of those channel strip fader levels.

• August 22, 2019
Go to page