• New
    AlbertoAldana
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

I see the there is a newer version of the XT8F.

-Do the newer models have improved drivers?
    -Are they interchangable with the original XT8F?
    -What are their specs/cost?

1 88
  • New
    Pugwash1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Hi. My XT 6F speakers are really overbearing in the high frequencies. Very harsh especially on vocals.

Im using a Musical Fidelity X-A2 amp which has been checked over and found to be fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 106
    • Pugwash1
      PedroRodrigues Hi,Pugwash1, if you confirm that the cables that you are using are in good conditions and the power supply on your speakers are connected directly to a wall socket are behaving normally. In this case I would suggest to follow the link below to submit an assistance case for your unit so we can assist with more tools https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Tannoy Thank you
      • Jan 18
    • Pugwash1
      Pugwash1 Hi Pedro. I thought that I was getting somewhere with the HF problem but in my opinion there is definitely a fault.
      • Jan 30
    • Pugwash1
      Pugwash1 Hi Pedro. I thought that I was getting somewhere with the HF problem but in my opinion there is definitely a fault.
      I have replaced cables and tried a brand new Audiolab amp with these speakers but all of the higher frequencies sound distorted.
      • Jan 30
  • New
    Pribalta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

Hi

I am the owner of a Tannoy arena highline system and the subwoower ts500 is making a very loud chirping noise.

Is there any recommendation how to deal with this problem?

Best regards

0 100
    • Pribalta
      Nigel67 Hi Pribalta. This could be a component in the power supply that is starting to fail. Its very difficult to give a definitive answer without us taking a look at it. I would advise that you send it in to us for repair by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page and in the new window that opens, scroll down to the service tab and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 17
      • Chirping sound in subwoofer
        Pribalta Thanks Nigel. The issue happens when the device is connected, if the input cable is removed the sound disappears. The device was bought 5 years ago so unfortunately the warranty has expired. Nevertheless I appreciate you taking time to look into this. I will first reach out to a local electronics store and see what can be done.
        • Jan 27
      • Chirping sound in subwoofer
        Nigel67 Have you confirmed that the problem is not the device that is feeding the sub? Do you have anything else that you can plug into the sub to see if the noise re-appears or not. I would also try a different cable, although if a ground was broken the noise wouldn't sound like the noise you are hearing. i would definitely try another source and cable before taking the sub apart.
        • Jan 27
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello, I wired my System 1200 in biamp mode, using an electronic crossover, I would like to know how and if I have to detach the one inside the speakers.

kind regards

0 100
    • AndreaPoli
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
      Generally speaking, most 2-way speakers will have a built in crossover, so you don't need to use an external crossover. If you favor an external crossover, you do need to connect the external crossover outputs straight to the low/high drivers directly, bypassing the internal crossover. This might be a problem for you, as the System 1200 appears to only have a single pair of terminals. For external Bi-Amp, you'd need two pairs of terminals, one pair connecting to the low driver, and one pair connecting to the high driver. This will require some modification to the cabinet in order to work. If you want my opinion on the matter, you should leave the cabinet as is and utilize the internal crossover, as the system sounds stellar on it's own.
      • Jan 15
    • AndreaPoli
      AndreaPoli Hi, David
      First of all I wanted to thank you for answering me,
      the System 1200 model has two terminals, the first for the bass and the second for the highs, luckily I just had to disconnect the internal crossover and rewire the tweeter and the woofer to the correct terminals, the sound is incredible, you just need to have some tricks in the calibration of the external crossover which has now been set up correctly. Thanks again for the advice??
      • Jan 15
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
        That's odd, the one I was looking at online appeared to only have a single pair of terminals. It's possible I was looking at the wrong model. Can you send a pic of your rear panel?
        • Jan 15
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Just realized my computer brightness was turned down and I couldn't see the black terminals against the speaker cabinet. My bad!
        • Jan 15
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Buongiorno, ho cablato le mie System 1200 in biamp mode, utilizzando un crossover elettronico, vorrei sapere come e se dover distaccare quello interno alle casse.

cordiali saluti

0 85
    • AndreaPoli
      PedroRodrigues Hi AndreaPoli,tenere presente che il modello System 1200 ha due terminali, il primo per le frequenze più basse e il secondo per le frequenze più alte.
      Considera che puoi scollegare il crossover interno e ricollegare il tweeter e il woofer ai terminali corretti. Considera che potrebbe essere necessario eseguire una calibrazione del crossover esterno per impostarlo correttamente.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    BenNorris21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Any reviews on Live Mini. I am a consumer from US, it is hard to find reviews for this and it appears to be sold out or not in stock at many places. 

0 70
  • New
    AdamE007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all. Does anybody know what is the definition of a Tannoy Grade B speaker ? BW Adam 

0 92
    • AdamE007
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, the definition of this will vary between distributors/resellers so it is best to fully check this with the place that is selling them, however, in most cases B grade will refer to something that has been returned within the first 30 days of the sale and can no longer be sold as A stock. This can sometimes include Ex-Demo but in most cases this will be listed differently. The product could also show slight signs of cosmetic issues.

I would highly recommend checking this with the place they are being listed though as stated their definition may be slighlty different.
      • Jan 12
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        AdamE007 Thanks Chris. Interesting ! Nimtronics have 2x pairs of grade B unopened GR Canterbury’s for sale. In the 1st instance, I have asked for photos, serial numbers, proof of purchase and a QC certificate ... can you think of anything else ? BW Adam
        • ·
        • Jan 13
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, looks like you have all basis covered if i am honest. If they can provide any further general history this could be good but i think from the information you have requested it should give you enough background.
        • Jan 13
  • New
    rogerwoods99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows of a wall bracket that would be suitable for Revolution R1 speakers? We currently have a bracket that the speaker sits on, but this is quite large and not visually pleasing. I am looking for a bracket that could screw onto the back of the speaker and be much less obtrusive.

Regards

Roger Woods

read more...
    0 74
  • New
    Timons
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-04

I have the Tannoy Gold 8s as front-right and front-left, with the Gold 7 as a center channel, and an Infinity 10" sub. I'd like to stick with Tannoys for the rest of my setup: a) 2x rear surround and b) possibly speakers to bounce sound off the ceiling. I may also swap out the sub, but that is lower priority.

The challenge for the rear surround is that I need powered in-wall, since it will be really inconvenient to wire from the receiver to the surround location. I will need to paint over the grill to minimize the visual impact. My receiver is an Arcam AVR390, and I expect to be sending the signal wirelessly via an SVS wireless transmitter and receiver.

Any recommendations for the rear Tannoy speakers?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 55
  • New
    nirpalbamrah
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

Hello , hope you are all well and safe. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here it goes. 

I'm looking for tannoy revolution xt 8f and tannoy Tannoy Precision 6.4

Any help would be great.

I live in england

read more...
    0 100
Go to page