Statistics

254,392 members
132,075 posts
  • New
    MarcelNYC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-22

This might be a stupid iQ series question but I can’t seem to find the answer. Regarding the feedback eliminator feature, do I just enable it before the gig by setting it to Auto and just leaving it on Auto or is it supppsed to be enabled during sound check only to “capture” all the problem frequencies then turned off?

read more...
    1 25
    • MarcelNYC
      GaryHiggins Pretty sure sound check only...though I've never used it with mine ever...manual is not full of details. :-)
      • Aug 23
    • MarcelNYC
      DavidKnighton Hello MarcelNYC,
      If you turn the Feedback Eliminator off after soundcheck, then it is no longer functioning as it's intended purpose. The idea is to leave it running so that if a problem frequency arises mid-show, then it gets squashed. It will end up resetting some filters the longer it's in battle, so keep this in mind as you "turn up" during your show. Remember, it's just one tool in your bag of tricks. Don't rely on it too heavily. Best practice is to use a front end GEQ right off your mixer before the signal hits the iQ.
      • Aug 23
    • MarcelNYC
      MarcelNYC Thanks for all the replies. Since I posted this question I've been able to leverage the Feedback Eliminator for our past two gigs in Auto mode (resetting it before the start of each gig). The first gig we only enabled it on the tops (iQ15s) and got some minor feedback on the subs (iQ15Bs) that had to be dealt with manually and for the second gig we used it for both the tops and the subs (iQ15s and iQ15Bs). They did a fantastic job and the frequency cuts were narrow and subtle enough as to not affect the sound quality. We didn't even hear any indication of feedback all night because the DSPs process faster than what can be perceived. I checked the settings between the sets to confirm the system was actively adjusting the notch filters and confirmed it was. We're extremely pleased with this technology and highly recommend it. Quite honestly, I think it did a better job than a FOH sound engineer due to how fast it was able to react and eliminate the feedback. This frees up time for the sound engineers to focus on other things. A win-win in my opinion.
      • Sep 27
  • New
    Rovan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

Hey , I have an issue with one of mine dr112dsp , after around 30 min of playing speaker starts to cut on and off every 10 sec or so for 5-10 seconds then play normally again and then repeats the same process , it basically cuts off all lows and mids and plays highs on very low volume . Anybody had similar issue ?

read more...
    0 11
    • Rovan
      Dale_M Hi Rovan, we would recommend you open a technical ticket from the above Support tab so we can assist you.
      • Aug 24
  • New
    Rovan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

Hey , I have an issue with one of mine dg112dsp , after around 30 min of playing speaker starts to cut on and off every 10 sec or so for 5-10 seconds then play normally again and then repeats the same process , it basically cuts off all lows and mids and plays highs on low volume . Anybody had similar issue ?

read more...
    0 29
  • New
    TaterPatch62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-16

I've tried on several occasions to submit a ticket for a repair to no avail 

0 23
    • TaterPatch62
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I am going to send you a direct message here on Community to follow up on this.
      • Aug 16
  • New
    MarcelNYC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-06

I've always set the eq settings on my iQ tops and subs to "None" because I think it would be flat giving me more precise control from my X32 mixer. Having said that, what exactly does the "Live" setting do?  What frequencies does it boost/cut?  Should I consider it for indoor/live performances?

I'm not near my PA otherwise I would try A/B the settings so I was hoping to get some real-world feedback.

read more...
    0 42
    • MarcelNYC
      Paul_Vannatto Using the Turbosound Edit 1.4, you should be able to see what those presets do, since it provides a graph. I always set my iQ speakers at None and do the EQing with the X32 outputs.
      • Aug 6
      • iQ Series Eq Settings: "None" vs "Live"
        MarcelNYC Thank you Paul. I'll look into that. I've never used TSE 1.4 before and forgot it exists. Can I connect to multiple iQ speakers at once? Does it work with Ultranet (I doubt it) or do I have to run a bunch of USB cables too?
        • Aug 7
    • MarcelNYC
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcel, no unfortunately the editor is designed to connect to a single iQ speaker at a time via its USB port.
      • Aug 7
  • New
    dalryc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-31

Hi,

I have two KXD15 for keyboard practise and thinking of adding a pair of subs.

The manual details connecting a B1500D-PRO using a 1/4 inch jack and I guess it’s XLR terminated.

As the B1500D-PRO is no longer available I can source a pair of VQ1500D with similar connections.

Can I adjust the crossover frequency to allow the sub to handle the low frequencies only and the KXD15 to handle the mid and high frequencies?

If not, is there a benefit to a 15" sub to a 15" combo?

Regards,

Dalryc

read more...
    0 34
    • dalryc
      PedroRodrigues Hi Please consider that the VQ1800D when it comes to frequency control will provides very similar tools as the B1500D-PRO does, as they both offer HIGH CUT controls the upper corner frequency for the subwoofer’s amplifier and you will not have any issues implementing the VQ1800 with your KXD15. Nevertheless you must be aware that when it comes to crossover function that is managed exclusively by the KXD15 that feeds the lower frequencies on to the Sub not allowing any fine adjustments. For this set up you must use a 1/4" TS 120 Ω, unbalanced connector to feed the signal on to any Sub. Thank you
      • Aug 1
      • Subwoofer for a Keyboard Amp/PA Combo ?
        dalryc Hi Pedro, thanks for that as I now understand. I will be looking at the VQ1500D rather than the 18" speaker - should that benefit me with the 15" combo amp? Also, Can I feed into the sub woofer then use it's crossover to feed into the keyboard amp? Regards, Dalryc
        • ·
        • Aug 1
  • New
    oipaz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-30

Hi all, when using the front RCA input, I get noise and buzz, also changing cables. Now, the cables are actually old and could be the culprit here, but: is there any chance that the nois comes from the B205D? It is really new, in case I believe I can ask for a replacement (thru amazon).

Thanks a lot

Andrea

read more...
    0 27
    • oipaz
      Dale_M Really you need to obtain known good cables to see if that is the issue, if you don't have any at hand, you could try the suspect cable on another device/friends device to A/B test them and conclude if its the cable of the B205D's connection. If it is the B205D please go to the support tab above and select Service.
      • Jul 29
  • New
    Dnrbnsn2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-28

I blew a woofer in my iq-12, how do I go about getting a replacement?

0 49
    • Dnrbnsn2
      DavidKnighton Hello Dnrbnsn2,
      For replacement parts, please click on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and submit a Spare Parts request.
      • Jul 28
  • New
    Maygo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-25

where is the best place to source beringer replacement parts?

0 42
  • New
    Hawkweber
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-25

On the Behringer PK115A there are 2 "MIC" input sections, MIC1/2.  Each one has an XLR and a 1/4" input.  Is the 1/4" input in each of those sections Line level or MIC level?  I hope it is Line as I find it odd to only have Line level using RCA connections.  

read more...
    0 49
    • Hawkweber
      DavidKnighton Hello Hawkweber,
      The QSG states that the XLR and PHONO jacks are for "Mic Inputs 1/2". It does not allude to the phono inputs being line level, or the xlr inputs for that matter. It may be possible to turn the mic input all the way down to minimum in order to accept a line level signal, however there's nothing in the QSG to back that up.
      • Jul 26
Go to page