Statistics

227,821 members
102,609 posts
  • New
    Castejoncio1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-07
    Hi!

First I apologize that I am using a translator to be able to write this message.

Is there a way for the XAIR edit program to do some kind of tracking what the XTOUCH does?

It would be very good if XAIR edit follows what I execute with the xtouch to have a visual representation of what I am doing. For example, select a channel and enter the compressor.

It would be like adding a screen to the xr18 + xtouch combo by putting a laptop next to it.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-07

I'm a little confused how to pan channels for monitors using X32 Rack. Each person should have one mix bus correct?  And then with stereo IEMs should be able to pan each input channel left or right.

after I click "sends on faders" it brings me to the different mix buses but I'm not seeing any way to pan each channel for my stereo mix.

read more...
    0 2
    • Mike7300
      KevinMaxwell You need 2 Mix Bus(es) for stereo.
      • 10 hours ago
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Ok is that pretty standard? My drummer was saying his band had it setup as one mix bus per person and then was panning channels.

• 10 hours ago
    • Mike7300
      LuukvanKuipers Don't listen to drummers :-)
      • 4 hours ago
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

In theory though it seems less complicated to have one mix bus that has one channel per instrument and then panning each one left or right rather than a separate whole mix for each ear? Or is what I’m describing not actually stereo? Just mono with panning?

• 1 hour ago
      • Stereo panning for IEMs
        Paul_Vannatto Panning works only in a stereo field. So panning in mono is redundant. Tell the drummer that he needs a stereo linked set of mixbusses if he want panning.
        • 25 minutes ago
    • Mike7300
      KevinMaxwell I am not suggesting that you make a change just mentioning this for informational purposes. The WING is capable of all stereo operation including the Mix Bus(es).

But since I see performers on stage constantly taking out one of the IEMs out of their ears I have to question does stereo really make sense. This is even well known professional singers taking out one ears IEM. What are they hearing when all they have is one ear of a stereo mix?
      • 26 minutes ago
      • Stereo panning for IEMs
        Paul_Vannatto half of the notes and words????
        • 24 minutes ago
  • New
    devoncarlo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-06

The x32 is connected to the computer via ethernet cable. I've made many attempts between the X32's Network tab, reaper's control surface settings, and the X32 edit software, it still doesn't recognize the console. I have all the latest firmware updates as well. How do I get the x32 console to show up in the X32 Edit software's setup tab?

read more...
    0 6
    • devoncarlo
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the X32 IP address and the computer IP address has the same first 3 numbers and the 4th number is different. But ethernet is for the X32-Edit to control the X32. There is no audio on ethernet. Reaper has to get the signals from the X32 via USB. If you are using Windows, you need the ASIO drivers, found on the X32 product website (under Software section on the right side).
      • Thu at 3:59 PM
    • devoncarlo
      devoncarlo

Thanks, Paul. I'm aware of all you mentioned and I've already done all that.

• 4 hours ago
    • devoncarlo
      LuukvanKuipers Does the ethernet 'up-link' light lit?

Do you get a response if you ping the ip-adress of the X32?
      • 4 hours ago
    • devoncarlo
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you replace the ethernet cable (yes they do go bad) and make sure it is not a cross-over type cable.
      • 21 minutes ago
  • New
    uncleuccgm1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-06

I powered my mr18, it worked for about 10 minutes and suddenly, audio went down,.no network activity (ethernet activity light off), client/access point mode not working BUT POWER LIGHT IS ON..I pushed the reset button, nothing worked accept the power light.

read more...
    0 4
    • uncleuccgm1
      JoeRivers96 Hi, sounds like there could be an issue with your mixer here. Would you mind submitting a service request through the SUPPORT button at the top of this page please?
      • Thu at 7:21 AM
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-06

I set my Analog Outputs to Mix Buses and then picked Pre Fader. My IEMs are connected to these outputs.  My understanding is that if I mute a channel that's going through the main speakers I should be able to still here that channel in my IEM as long as the send is not muted.  Is that correct? Cause if so I am muting a channel for the mains and it's muting on my IEMs too.  I did not select Pre+M.

read more...
    0 9
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 See below
      • Wed at 7:22 PM
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, that is the way M32/X32 works. The channel mute affects bus sends as well as the send to the Main mix. One solution, for a small number of channels, is to assign them to a DCA and mute that. The DCA mute would not affect bus sends.
      • Thu at 2:10 AM
    • Mike7300
      KlausMock The settings made on the page shown on that image is related to the output of the mixbus master not the tappoint of the input channels, which should be sent to the mixbus master. If you set the tappoint here to Pre it means that you cannot control the output level of the mixbus via the fader of the mixbus master channel. You have to setup the tappoint of the input channels either individually on the input channel sends page or on the config page of the mixbus master channel. There are less options available for the tappoints and none of them has to do something with the input channel mutes. The only remedy at the moment is the usage of DCAs.
      • Thu at 4:09 AM
    • Mike7300
      GaryHiggins The ch mute happens normally just before the fader, so only post fader taps will include it. If you want the ch mute status to be retained yet use an earlier tap position that would not normally have it (with regard to out 1-16, ultranet out 1-16 and aux out) use the associated +M position, like "pre eq+M" Not sure if that ever worked properly, however it is my understanding of what it was supposed to do. I would love to have the true explanation of +M if mine is not correct...and I can stop spreading rumors :-)
      • Thu at 5:26 AM
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Got it, in general the routing settings I have though are correct for in ears right? This setting should allow me to change faders on the mains without it effecting my in ears.
      • Thu at 5:40 AM
  • New
    KirkThompson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

I got the cable out with the help of youtube, but now would like to know how to go about fixing it.  Do i open it up and replace the spring part, the whole chassis plug, or the whole row of xlr-in on a board.  I can solder cable but i don't mess with circuit boards.  I just need some help to determine what direction i need to go to remedy the situation.  The quick fix is stick a little short xlr that doesn't need to come out and attatch to that

read more...
    0 14
    • KirkThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kirk, when I got my second X32 Rack (Apr 2015), I used it for the first time as an S16. At the end of the event, I ended up with 2 stuck XLR cables. Fortunately Robert Lofgren had made a video to show how to de-latch these XLR jacks and I went about de-latching all of the XLR jacks of that X32 Rack. Oddly enough, my first X32 Rack (purchased Oct 2014) still has its latches and haven't yet have any problem. If you want, I can ask Robert if he still has that video available.
      • Wed at 5:31 PM
    • KirkThompson
      KirkThompson

I got the cable out. I’m trying to figure out how to fix it or just put a little short xlr cable in it permanently?
      • Wed at 5:51 PM
    • KirkThompson
      Paul_Vannatto As I mentioned, my fix was to remove (de-latch) the latches altogether.
      • Wed at 7:04 PM
    • KirkThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Here is the video link in case you decide to do it with your X32
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-tpWad7Uc
      • Thu at 6:15 AM
    • KirkThompson
      KevinMaxwell Here is my cut and paste reply to this problem.
      The problems with XLR connectors getting stuck in the XLR jacks in the console is not unique to Behringer. I have seen it happen on some rather high end consoles. If the male connector is bent and it is plugged into a jack it is likely to get stuck. If you try to force it, it will usually get stuck worse. You must make sure that the connector isn’t bent. When one normally unplugs the XLR it is advisable that you are sure to have the release tab fully pushed in before trying to pull the plug out. If it seems to get stuck push the plug all the way in and then push the release tab and gently try pulling the plug out. If it’s a Neutrik connector you can unscrew the cable from the shell and deal with it later.
      • Thu at 8:28 AM
  • New
    samson403
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Hii ! Can the Behringer wing work with Behringer P16D or P16M ??

0 8
    • samson403
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The WING does not have any Ultranet ports natively, so in order to connect the P16 system you would need one of your AES50 Stageboxes with an Ultranet output such as the S16, S32, SD8 or SD16.
      • Wed at 10:12 AM
    • samson403
      GaryHiggins They will work ok IF you do have one of those stage boxes Kyle mentioned. The Wing has one more slight problem to deal with as it also does not have an ultranet output routing menu like the X/M32. On a Wing you need to assign your p16 sources strictly to aes50 ch's 33-48. The ultranet ports on the stagebox models mentioned are hardwired to output just aes50 ch's 33-48. The P16D and M will then work normally.
      • Wed at 12:02 PM
  • New
    knaepp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

To whom it may concern,

because I really do not know how to address the download issue I recognized on the download page I decided to leave a short message here. After trying to download the

WING_COPILOT_1.7.zip

from the downloadpage (https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html) and not from playstore I recognized that there is a dysfunctional url addressed. It would be a pleasure for some users if this entry would be corrected.

Currently the URL point to:

"https://mediadl.musictribe.comhttps: //mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/WING/WING_COPILOT_1.7.zip"

which is incorrect. It should be adjusted to

"https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/behringer/WING/WING_COPILOT_1.7.zip"

which works perfect.

Version 1.6 is affected in the same way. A correction of the url would be a pleasure for me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Matthias

read more...
    0 10
    • knaepp
      DavidKnighton Hello Matthias,
      Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll inform the web team at once of this issue.
      • Wed at 3:41 PM
    • knaepp
      knaepp

Hey David, thank you. Now it works. That was quick.......
      • Thu at 11:41 AM
  • New
    sdesmond303
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-04

I just recently purchased a Berhinger32 board for our church. I have setup and used three other X32 boards in the past without incident. After setting up this board I am having an issue where the volume of the powered mains, one powered monitor, an two separate amped monitors all jumps up about an hour after turning the board on. The signal level is unchanged on the board.

Never seem this before. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 4
    • sdesmond303
      DavidKnighton Hello sdesmond303,
      First thing I would do is isolate the issue from the speakers. Plug the main outputs back into an available input, ensuring the input faders stay down so you don't create a feedback loop. With the preamp gain down, you should get the same level as what is outputting the mains. You should be able to monitor all levels on the METERS page. Take the input signal and patch it to the USB RECORDER and press record. If the output signal spikes after an hour, then the USB RECORDER should capture it, and then you can confirm whether or not the issue is with the board outputs.
      • Tue at 3:38 PM
  • New
    RobertPatrick152
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-04

Good afternoon, 

On my XR18, I have routed two seaprate monitors throguh Aux Out 1 (Main L) and Aux Out 2 (Main R).  I tried using two different monitors:

EAW RL12
    https://eaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/RL12_SPECS_revA.pdf

YamahaDRX12
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DXR12mkII--yamaha-dxr12mkii-1100w-12-inch-powered-speaker

The volume on the EAW was SIGNIFICANTLY quieter, yet my settings on the XAir app seemed to be identical.  The EAW should be able to get just as loud, if not louder than the Yamaha, though. 

Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what might be causing this?  

Thanks!

read more...
    0 8
    • RobertPatrick152
      DavidKnighton Hello RobertPatrick152,
      Realistically, different manufacturers shouldn't be mixed for a Stereo Main L/R output because of discrepancies like this. The difference in components, circuitry, shape of the cabinet, etc. can affect the overall output level and tone of the box. For this reason, it is always recommended to use identical speakers for stereo L/R operation so you have consistent level and tone between both sides.
      • Tue at 3:44 PM
Go to page