Statistics

267,810 members
147,315 posts
  • New
    Zhaph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-16

I've recently inherited an X32 installation and I'm looking to reliably backup the settings on it prior to upgrading the firmware (currently running 3.12).

I've saved my scenes to an inserted USB stick which I understand also includes routing settings, but wanted to also backup the library channels.

I've tried connecting to the desk via X32 Edit on 2 PCs with limited success. Both PCs are on the same wired network as the desk and able to see it and control it as expected:

Windows PC 1 (Windows 10)

X32 Edit v4: Could not connect, firmware out of date.

X32 Edit v3.1: Connected, synched from mixer to PC, current configuration correct, but the library only showed the first 76 channels in the library, but not the ones I want (77-90), they just list as empty.

Windows PC 2 (Windows 10 Enterprise)

X32 Edit v3.2: Connected, synched from mixer to PC, current configuration correct, but the library is completely empty, no channels, effects or routing settings listed at all.

I then closed X32 Edit, deleted the X32-Edit folder in Roaming app data and tried v3.1, but again the library was empty on this PC.

Is there another version of X32 Edit that matches the v3.12 firmware, or another way to save the library prior to a firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 1
    • Zhaph
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately the X32-Edit Library lists are not the ones on the X32 console. Instead they are lists of presets imported into the X32-Edit app. To backup the console's library lists, you have to do it on the console (using the Utility button) and exported to a USB stick.

Once you have upgraded the firmware to 4.07, you will be able to completely backup the console (on the Setup screen).
      • 2 hours ago
    • Zhaph
      KevinMaxwell Aren't there certain things when doing this update that you are just going to have to write down (or take a picture of white you camera in your phone) and possibly re enter them manually, like the IP address settings and some of the setup screen settings?
      • 31 minutes ago
    • Zhaph
      Paul_Vannatto Yes as Kevin mentioned, all pre-4.x firmware requires that you write down all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section.
      • 21 minutes ago
    • Zhaph
      Zhaph

Cheers both, good to know. Looks like a fun afternoon ahead next weekend ;)

• 19 minutes ago
  • New
    dmtl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Hi! I have two vocals inputs. I want to assign them the same FX and I want to output them, with FX, at the same time to LR main and Bus 1. I really can't figure this one out, sorry for the noobness. Can anyone help?

0 2
    • dmtl
      Paul_Vannatto Using X-Air-Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux, Raspberry Pi) do the following:
      * Select the FX tab at the top and assign the desired FX (eg. Plate Reverb) to FX1
      * Select FX Snd 1 on right side and make sure the master fader is at 0 db and not muted
      * On the left side, select the desired vocal channels and raise the faders to 0 db
      * Select Main LR on the right side and make sure the master fader is up and not muted
      * Raise the Rtn 1 fader to somewhere around -15 db
      * Select Mon 1 on the right side and make sure the master fader is up and not muted
      * Raise the Rtn 1 fader to somewhere around -15 db

These steps will send the vocal signals to FX1 and return the wet signal to both the Main LR and Mon 1 at around -15 db
      • Sat at 6:38 AM
  • New
    Werd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Hello,
    I purchased the qx1832usb for the USB interface. On my old mixer, the input/output was two way. With the new mixer I have to toggle the button up/down to have the mixer go to the laptop then from the laptop to the mixer, which sometimes results in the audio being cut out birth ways. 

This is what I'm trying to accomplish: Using Zoom on the laptop, have the output go to the main mix as well as any microphone input that goes to the main mix back to Zoom on the laptop.
    Is there a way to set this up without button pushing?

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    DMain
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-13

Hi,

happy new year to all of you!!

In the last years I had a MACbook pro, OS Catalina, for recording and mixing with my X32/Logic ProX.

Never had any problems.

Now I have a new MACbook M1 pro with OS Monterey. When X32- USB_card  is set to 32in and 32out, there are clock issues. When USB Card is set to 16in and 16out, there are no issues.

Has anyone these issues or ideas?

kind regards

Dieter

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    bradleygoff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-12

Hello folks, for months I've gotten good use out of my Behringer XR 18, however I have never been able to connect the device to my iMac via ethernet while maintaining a connection to my apartments Wi-Fi for web browsing. I would really like to have both connections at once so that my XR18 is connected securely via Internet, but I can still search the web for access to YouTube, Spotify, etc.

Currently, when I start up my computer I turn off the Wi-Fi so that I can connect my XR 18 via ethernet, once the connection is made Wi-Fi must remain off on my computer, otherwise the connection is lost. Is it possible to keep the device connected via ethernet but then turn my Wi-Fi on so that I can browse the web? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 8
    • bradleygoff
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the LAN mode of the XR18 is set to DHCP. Then connect the XR18 to your home router (using an ethernet cable). Then connect your iMac to your router via wifi and you should be able to connect to the XR18 and also use the internet.
      • Wed at 7:39 PM
    • bradleygoff
      DavidThomson1 Or use a network hub from your XR18 to the hub , then the hub to your wireless network router, and also the hub to your laptop etc for direct connections
      • Thu at 2:45 AM
  • New
    mattandersonguitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-12

Hello, my X Air recently stopped working with the 48 volt phantom power. Anyone have any suggestions? 

0 2
    • mattandersonguitar
      Nigel67 Hi mattandersonguitar. Unless a cable has fallen out, this is most likely a power supply failure. Are you able to confirm with a multimeter that there is no voltage coming out of the microphone XLRs with phantom power activated? If the unit is still under warranty, please go back to the shop that you purchased it from and ask for a warranty repair, otherwise send a ticket in to our Service Team and they will be able to arrange a repair at one of our local repair centres. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. The other option if the unit is non warranty, is if you know a local repair shop you could get them to take a look to confirm the fault and if it is the psu, a replacement can be ordered from our Spares Department which is the same procedure as contacting our Service Team, but click on Spare Parts instead. Many thanks
      • Tue at 10:45 PM
  • New
    Raiski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-12

is there a driver or ?

0 1
  • New
    DanGallant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-11

Checked my UMC 404hd trying all the drivers with help from Behringer to no avail.UMC 404hd might be a dud.Is there anywhere in Canada I might be able to have someone look at this.

Thanks

0 3
    • DanGallant
      WilliamR Hello, William here with Music Tribe. Please click on Support at the top of the page and then click Spare Parts to submit a support ticket, an agent will be able to help troubleshoot this for you.
      • Tue at 6:23 PM
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

I have my click tracks being played on my computer which i have connected to my X32 Rack.  I assigned it to an Aux input and all is good so far.  The issue I have is I don't want the click going through the mains, only monitors.....but when I try to turn the volume down on that channel using the fader on the x32 it doesn't do anything to the volume coming out the mains.  Is this a software bug?

read more...
    0 4
    • Mike7300
      Nigel67 What happens if you Mute the channel or de-assign it from the Main L/R? Are you assigning to the Main L/R from one of the sends. With the channel fader down, turn the send down one by one until the click from the Mains disappears. You will then know which send is still patched to the Main L/R. Also confirm that it is definitely that Aux Input which is sending the click track to the Main L/R and you haven't accidentally assigned another channel as well. If none of that works, we will have to get a look at your show file and see if we can see the issue through that.
      • Mon at 4:07 AM
  • New
    mshihadi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-08

I am having a hard setting up DP11 with the Wing. Does anyone know of optimal settings? I can only get 8 tracks working. Would like at least 24. I am also setting up Komplete Kontrol s61 mk2 and Akai Renaissance controllers. I am new coming back and would appreciate the experience of others. Thank you in advance. :)

read more...
    0 8
    • mshihadi
      Paul_Vannatto Is the DP11 a DAW of some kind? It is hard to know by the description on its product page. Are you using Windows OS and is DP11 ASIO compatible? If yes to both, you need to download and install the Wing's USB Audio Drivers 5.12.0 which can be found here
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BV2
      in the Product Library, Software (on right side)
      • Jan 8
    • mshihadi
      mshihadi

• Mon at 1:11 PM
    • mshihadi
      mshihadi

Oops. Sorry, Paul. I am using Mark of the Unicorn's Digital Performer version 11 (DP11) for Windows (just upgraded it) (https://motu.com/en-us/products/software/dp/). I am OK with the Wing driver, thanks. The Wing has a preset for Pro Tools that works a little with 8 tracks, but the trial and error of getting the Wing to see additional tracks is tiring me out. I think the problem has to do with routing on the Wing and/or presets that need to be changed on DP11. I have decided to unplug everything and start with just the Wing and DP11. I am hoping there might be someone familiar with DP11 enough to guide me to documentation outlining the specifics. Thank you very much for the time you took responding. Maurice

• Mon at 1:29 PM
    • mshihadi
      PatrickGMaillot To enable 24 tracks DAW, you'll need to set the WING in DAW mode (Setup screen) and select MCU+2extenders. This will use 3 of the 4 MIDI ports available from the USB MIDI interface (DIN doesn't support additional extenders and will limit you to 8 tracks). The first controller+8 tracks takes one port and the 2 extenders take the two other ports.
      DP11 (whatever DAW) will have to connect to these 3 ports, and enable track offsets for each of the extenders so they map to the correct group of tracks.
      If you have issues with DP11, try first with a DAW that is known to work (such as REAPER) to familiarize yourself with the connections/setup. You can then look for options in DP11 to match your needs or talk to their support team to help you, knowing what you want to achieve.
      If needed, the actual MCU MDI data sent for each DAW command is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgeK_00dGDeDrOe55uloCdZJANbcXm7u/view?usp=sharing, pages 154-156
      • Tue at 12:02 AM
    • mshihadi
      mshihadi

Thank you, Patrick. I will give your suggestions a try. :)

• Tue at 7:44 AM
Go to page