Statistics

261,064 members
139,735 posts
  • New
    Richrae17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

We have the Behringer x32 for our church sound system, yesterday I updated the firmware and lost all of the presets in the process. I cant find the monitors and need to know how.

0 13
    • Richrae17
      Paul_Vannatto Do you not have backup files of all your scenes, snippets and library presets? If not, they are gone. If you describe your setup (what everything is hooked up to) I can help you setup the routing.
      • Oct 27
  • New
    WING_Fred
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-10-27

Hi, I want to know it it is possibe to modify the Wing Driver to get 2IN and 94OUT on our WING consol?

0 9
    • WING_Fred
      Paul_Vannatto No it is not possible. The USB is 48x48
      • Oct 27
    • WING_Fred
      WING_Fred Ok, So can we have 32IN and 64OUT? Because we can do now 48IN/48OUT
      • Oct 27
    • WING_Fred
      Paul_Vannatto No, the hardware limit is 48x48 (ie 48IN/48OUT). You can't change inputs to outputs.
      • Oct 27
    • WING_Fred
      WING_Fred Ok... Thanks! It was a idea to use 40 stereo tracks!!!
      • Oct 27
    • WING_Fred
      Paul_Vannatto You could go to the Dante card (internal or the W-Dante card) which provides 64x64
      • Oct 27
      • W-USB with 2IN and 94OUT, it's possible?
        GaryHiggins Or use both an internal and external Dante together :-) (they will coexist at the same time) and get 128x128. Although I don’t see how one would have enough faders to MIX more than…I’m guessing 48 stereo ch’s at one time? DVS can only handle 64 ch’s max on the recording end if that route is needed. There is I suppose, the case of 2 Wings, each with a Wing-Dante card which could sync up perfectly in real time in a large Dante network. Love to see that someday…I would be scary to imagine a scenario that would require that many inputs at once!
        • Oct 28
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-26

I've been using mixing station with my X32 so the IPfor that is in there.  I just got an X Air, how do I find its IP address? Also I think I need to buy another separate license from mixing station to operate the software?

0 12
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto If the X-Air and tablet are connected to the same external router (don't rely on the internal one) and if you use the Search option in Mixing Station, it will find it. Yes you will need to get a separate license for the X-Air version.
      • Oct 26
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

I’m getting an error when I search saying “Getting products failed”. Bag load failed

• Oct 26
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto What version of Mixing Station are you using? Also what X-Air firmware version (get that by connecting X-Air Edit to the X-Air console)?
      • Oct 26
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Yep that’s the issue, had to update mixing station and also the x air needs a firmware update.

• Oct 26
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Yep that’s the issue, had to update mixing station and also the x air needs a firmware update.

• Oct 26
  • New
    GadLX1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-26

At a slight loss as to why phone has stopped detecting and pairing to the Flow 8. Soundman down ill so opted to use the Flow 8 to allow me to remote mix.

I had everything functioning and paired to phone on the Saturday afternoon, come Sunday morning it refused to pair downright and was rejecting in just a few seconds. No change to software or settings that i can work out on my phone between the Saturday and Sunday.

I've subsequently paired and app controlled to an older phone so I know that the mixer can do the bluetooth link. 

I've also done a factor reset on the mixer and old phone connects fine, new phone still refusing.

On the phone that is no longer pairing

- I've cleared all bluetooth settings and cache

- Uninstalled and re-installed the app (and rebooted the phone between uninstall and re-install)

[Phone in question Xiaomi Mi10T lite] 

-----------------

I'm really appreciating the Flow 8's flexibility however now very concerned that whilst I've got a conection to a different phone that will then just stop with no warning and leave me high and dry. 

As stated I'm at a loss as to why app functioned on Saturday and then failed entriely on Sunday

Suggestions or thoughts welcome as keen to get it operating again on my primary phone to restor my confidence in the system

read more...
    0 13
    • GadLX1
      CVC15 Gad = it took me about 10 tries, to get mine to work. Once I got it to work, it works like a champ now and connects perfectly everytime I open the FLOW app on my iPhone.

I just kept going through the blue tooth set up instructions over and over and over and over, 'til it finally connected. I don't know what specifically I did except get frustrated and keep trying.

I was also able to connect a second older iPhone just for music via bluetooth which I thought was pretty cool.
      • Oct 27
  • New
    MAGToeKnee6
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-25

Hello to this crazy industry, I am new to the sound board side of things. I have been blessed with the priveledge to trouble shoot our issue with the Behringer x32. The x32 looses all its control functions as if it is locked. I can move all the controls, but nothing happens to the audio...literally lose all controls. While we still have all the audio coming out of the speakers. I have tried to do the lock/unlock procedure that I have found on line. Please let me know if there is a certain way, just in case all the ways I saw it happen to be incorrect. It stays lit up the whole time. I just can't control anything.

read more...
    0 15
    • MAGToeKnee6
      Paul_Vannatto Can you control it using X32-Edit or one of the tablet apps?
      • Oct 25
      • X32 looses controls in the middle of a show.
        MAGToeKnee6 Good evening, I tried to respond to you, but it looks like it never went through. I know that the other person that I’m working on this with, has an app on his phone that he can control things with, but it still wouldn’t change the levels of any sound. I believe that we should solve the issue with firmware updates. I found that it is sitting at 2.10. So I think it would be wise to try that first.
        • Oct 27
    • MAGToeKnee6
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, I would suggest that you update the firmware (currently at 4.06). Make sure you backup any scenes, snippets and/or library presets (by exporting them using the Utility button and a USB stick) before updating the firmware. Firmware 2.10 is quite old.
      • Oct 27
  • New
    jblosser
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-25

Hello, I'm having an issue with my X18. I've been using it for various audio recordings for the past 3 years and occasionally my DAW (Logic) will throw up an error message that there was a sync issue. I've ensured that all of the sample rates are the same on both the x18 and the DAW and have increased my I/O buffer, which hasn't helped. I had 0 issues with the X18 for the first 2 years of owning it and now all of a sudden it periodically has that error message.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Archangelrey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-25

Hi everyone,

We purchased an X32 and S32 in July and X32 Compact and S16 this month and we start to see a Statics and Crackling issue with when we use the Behringer ASIO driver and X-USB card with the AES50 A stage boxes S16 and S32. When we installed the X32 it was connected to an old 16 channel snake and the live stream sounds perfectly fine going from Ableton to the video PC. Once I connected the S32 to the mixer a statics and crackling noise is audible on the live stream channel that return to the mixer from Ableton. Even if I locately connect Two XLR channels use a laptop it sounds fine coming into the X32 but once it returns from Ableton the noise is present. We haven't changed anything since before add the S32 when the live stream sounds fine with the snake. I have to try changing the sample rate and no change, Input Buffer Size and no change and try different USB cables and no change. We are using Behringer lastest ASIO driver and firmware.

The X32 Compact is also shown the same issue with both the S32 and S16 and has never had a clean live stream return from Ableton. Both PC are different, Dell and Hp, the Entrecon are different company and length and both mixers are in a different location, one is on a balcony and the other is in the basement. Any assistance will be appreciated.

read more...
    0 26
    • Archangelrey
      Paul_Vannatto Are the AES50 cables shielded and is there continuity between ethercon shells? If not, that may be the problem.
      • Oct 25
      • Statics and Crackling issue with our new X32 and X32 Compact
        Archangelrey AES50 are cables shielded and they are continuity between ethercon shells. During live production, I don't hear any noises through PA or the usb recorder.
        • Oct 25
    • Archangelrey
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately it is difficult to ascertain by your explanation how you have everything connected. Is the USB from the X32 connected to the livestream computer and the USB from the X32 Compact connected to/from the Ableton computer? If so, using the solo feature (and headphones) try to narrow down the source of the static.

Another possibility is that each console/computer are on different power sources, creating a ground loop. This typically creates a hum. But it could also create other noises.
      • Oct 25
        Archangelrey We have a video and Audio PCs.

The X32 is connected to the usb of the Audio PC, and a video pc received the audio via a bus XLR output through an Stereo Line Isolator to remove an hum or buzz because the balanced XLR output to unbalanced stereo jack on an Atem mini pro.

The issue is at the mixer end because if I solo the buses or PC return from Ableton you can hear the static and crackling in the signal. Video PC isn't cause an issue since this is the same setup I had before the adding the S32 to X32 and the path from the Ableton and video pc sound perfectly clear.

XLRs --> S32 --> X32 --> Audio PC via USB ---> Ableton --> X32 via USB--> XLR Output --> Isolator --> Atem Mini Pro --> Video PC
        • Oct 25
    • Archangelrey
      Paul_Vannatto What card do you have in the X32? Is it the older X-UF card, the X-USB or X-Live card? If it is the older X-UF card, that would be my suspect. Have you replaced the USB cable?
      • Oct 25
        Archangelrey X-USB on both the X32 and X32 Compact. 4 usb cables tried and one new one from Best Buy no change.
        • Oct 25
    • Archangelrey
      Paul_Vannatto Switch the cards (between the X32 and Compact) to see if it is the card.
      • Oct 25
    • Archangelrey
      whamil If you are using asio, there is a setting within it to adjust between latency and cpu use. I don't know how to adjust it in Ableton, but I guess that is the problem - it's set to such short latency, it's taxing the cpu.
      • Nov 24
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

I just bought an XR12.  Is it possible to plug in a Bluetooth interface with dual rca? I'm looking to connect my iPhone to the mixer to play music out of it. With my X32 rack there are stereo left right that I connect the rca cable to.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 9
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you should be able to use a bluetooth interface. But you will need a couple of RCA to 1/4" cables to connect to the XR12.
      • Oct 22
  • New
    DaveBeard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-22

I've been using my 4 year old X Air 18 with the same computer running Windows 10 almost daily, and suddenly yesterday evening when I powered up my "studio", no sound could be heard from any of my inputs.For about 4 years all I have needed to do was power the X18, then power up my PC, (or vice versa) and I could hear all my inputs including the output audio of my PC.

Now, I have to open the X Air editor program to hear my inputs and see the X Air digital meters respond to audio. At about 80% load progress of the editor, I begin to hear sound. Very peculiar. Very irritating.

Has anybody experienced this?

I am running V1.5 of the X Air editor, and W10 Pro v 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

read more...
    0 16
    • DaveBeard
      DaveBeard Current firmware version is 1.09 fwiw.
      • Oct 22
    • DaveBeard
      Paul_Vannatto That firmware is pretty old Dave. Current version is 1.18 and X-Air Edit 1.7. I would suggest you first update both firmware and Edit.
      • Oct 22
    • DaveBeard
      DaveBeard

Thanks Paul, I have updated both successfully, and unfortunately, there is no change in my issue.

• Oct 22
    • DaveBeard
      Paul_Vannatto When you sync X-Air Edit to the PC, which direction are you doing it - Mixer to PC or PC to Mixer?
      • Oct 22
    • DaveBeard
      DaveBeard

PC to Mixer

• Oct 22
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-22

Thanks to Paul Vannatto and others on this forum/tribe. The lightbulb turned on. I get it now. I understand how the parts connect, how to make changes easily, and get it to do what we need. It's very exciting. 

0 15
Go to page