Statistics

261,075 members
139,747 posts
  • New
    schilcur2112
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

While I'm not a newbie, I'm not an expert either, and I'm having difficulty getting simple reverb on a vocal channel, either via inserting into the channel, or send/return. I have the Hall Reverb set up in the FX1 slot. Sending channel 1 (vocal) to FX1, and FX1 is sending signal to the Main. The meters display indicates everything is getting/sending signal, yet I don't hear any reverb in either headphones or main signal routed through amp and speaker. Same issue if I try to insert reverb into channel 1.....no reverb. I have a feeling there is a button somewhere that isn't pushed or set right.

I'm using the Xair app on the Ipad to run an XR 16 mixer. Have looked at all the pertinent YT videos and am not having any success. On a separate rant, the app illustrated on the YT videos does not resemble the app I'm currently using. Would love to see something on YT using the current XAir app.

Thanks for the help.

Curt

read more...
    0 16
    • schilcur2112
      schilcur2112 Ok, an little update after messing it more this morning. I was able to get reverb by inserting Effect 1 (or any of the others) into the Main channel. While I'm happy to actually get any reverb, inserting it into the mains is not the way to do it. However, bolstered by this success I went back to Channel 1 and inserted Effect 1 and......nothing. But, when I inserted effect 2 (3 and 4), they worked. I went back and edited effect 1 to be identical to effect 2 and I still get nothing when inserting effect 1, which makes absolutely no sense, unless something, somewhere, in effect 1 channel settings is set wrong. Still, I can't get send/return method to work with any of the effect returns (1 thru 4). Pic below captures the meters page showing signal supposedly going to all the right places.
      • Oct 19
    • schilcur2112
      Paul_Vannatto Goto the FX screen where you can see the 4 FX slots. What FX is assigned to slot 1? Is the Insert button selected? From what you describe, in all likelihood, the Insert button is selected and the inputs are assigned as an insert to something you are not using. If you want it to be a sends/return (sidechain), change the input assignment to Off.

If you want reverb, you want it as a sidechain (sends to FX1 and returned to FX1L/FX1R) since reverbs do not have a wet/dry mix adjustment. Setting a reverb as an insert will only give you 100% reverb output, which you don't want.
      • Oct 19
    • schilcur2112
      schilcur2112

Paul V, appreciate the suggestion. I'm pretty sure I tried turning off all the insert buttons, but I'll go back and verify. Will update after I give it a try. Thanks.

• Oct 19
    • schilcur2112
      schilcur2112 ok, partial success. Turned off insert everywhere....on the effects themselves, and in the individual channels. Sending channel one signal to effect 1 (vintage reverb), increase fader on effect 1, and I get reverb. Perfect! Try to set up the exact same thing for channel two/effect two and channel 3/effect three and I get no reverb. If I send channel 2 or 3 to effect 1, I get reverb. This is the kind of thing that aggravates me.....do exactly the same thing and get a different result. Is it possible that effects 2 and 3 are routed differently? When routing ch2/eff2 and ch3/eff3 I can see in the effects window that both eff2 and eff3 are getting and outputting signal, same as ch1/eff1 when I do hear reverb.
      • Oct 19
    • schilcur2112
      Paul_Vannatto Are the FX2L/2R and FX3L/3R return channel strips muted or faders all the way down? What about the FX2 and FX3 buses (sends) - are they muted or faders all the way down? Also check the FX2L/FX2R and FX3L/FX3R LR is enabled (on the Main screen).
      • Oct 19
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-19

I think I understand when routing inputs to the Card, it sends the inputs "after the preamp". But what does that mean? Is gain part of the preamp? EQ? Any Dynamics or Gating? Not the raw input, correct? Certainly not the fader, mute, solo controls, as those are after the preamp and are parts of the input channel, correct?

read more...
    0 10
    • DanielThompson
      Nigel67 Hi DanielThompson. 'After the preamp' means that the signal is taken straight after the analogue mic amp gain stage, whether it is the mic amp from an IO box or the mic amps from the XLRs built into the rear of the console (Local Inputs).
      • Oct 19
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-18

If, on the Card Tab, I map the Local 1-8 to the USB card, is that sending the raw XLR Inputs 1-8 to the USB? Or is it sending the outputs of Input Channels 1-8, and if so is it post fader, or post EQ? Also, why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?

read more...
    0 11
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Assigning Local to the Card screen assigns signals directly after the physical XLR input preamps.

Regarding your second question ("why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?"), are you by chance trying to setup routing using the iPad app? If so don't. That app is designed as a mixing app and is not the best for doing complex routing and setup. I always use the X32-Edit app (for Mac, Windows, linux or Raspberry Pi) to do any setup (routing, etc.).
      • Oct 18
      • X32 Card Output - so confusing
        DanielThompson RIght, not using an iPad app.

So if we assign the inputs to the card that way we're bypassing the input channels (faders) correct? Which would explain why, when we muted the input channels we still got signal through the card. There are too many things called "input", it gets confusing.

So, I guess we cannot use 17-24 to the card then. Our original plan was to have the physical XLR inputs assigned to input channels 17-24 and 1-8, Then we were going to assign inputs 17-24 to the card and 1-8 to the main LR out, giving us one set of faders to the mains and one set to the card. We had to flip that around and put 17-24 to the mains now and 1-8 go to the card because the card won't take 17-24. But if you're saying the input channel is bypassed going to the card then it doesn't matter.
        • Oct 18
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that in your thinking, from a routing perspective, separate physical inputs (Local, AES50, Card) from channel strip processing. If you want the physical inputs to go to the card outputs, then select the Local, AES50, etc). If you want channel strip processing to go to the card outputs, then you have to use one of the staging (patching) screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet) to assign the DirOut Ch and change the taps (eg. pre EQ, post EQ, etc.) as desired. Then assign that bank of 8 to the card outputs.

I'm not sure why you are saying you "cannot use 17-24 to the card" - 17-24 what?
      • Oct 18
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Daniel, unfortunately you replied to the notification, rather than the main thread, which sends the the reply to a parallel universe. I sent you a PM (personal message - mail icon top right corner).
      • Oct 19
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-18

We're really struggling to understand the X32. Some basic questions that might help us? Honestly, we've read the manual several times.

1) What is a Local In? The same as an XLR Input? Or is it an Input Channel? And why are some of them in brackets?

2) What are Analog Outputs? There only seem to be eight available?

3) What is an XLR? (I mean, I know what an XLR is outside of the context of this device.) They appear to be outputs, but then it looks like they need a patch to make them outputs?

There are just some basic concepts that we're confused about. Like, something must be mapping the XLR Ins to an Input Channel, and something in mapping the Input Channel to an Output, and something is mapping an Output the the L&R fader, and something is mapping that to an XLR out. And then if there are only 8 outputs and two of them are used for the L&R how do you get more than 6 channels over to the USB Card?

read more...
    0 5
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Daniel, assuming by your description that you have a Compact, Producer or Rack - correct? And by your questions, they are referring to the routing screens - correct? If so to both, here are the answers.

1) Local refers to the XLR-F (female) input jacks on the back of the console (2 rows of 8).
      2) The Analog Outputs screen is actually a staging (patching) screen (of virtual outputs) that is used to make up banks of 4 or 8 for the other physical output screens (eg. AES50, Card, XLR). Please ignore the mention about outputs not available (it refers to the fact that the console only has 8 physical XLR outputs - IMO that reference only confuses newcomers). All of these outputs are available to make up the banks of 4/8.
      3) The XLR screen is where you assign signals to the physical XLR-M (male) outputs on the back of the console. Since they are assigned in banks of 4, they need to be first individually assigned on the Analog Output, Aux Out or Ultranet (also called P16) screens.

For the inputs, they first have to be assigned (in banks of 8) on the Inputs screen. Then on each of the channel strips, config screen, individual inputs are assigned.

Your last paragraph describe many confusing parts to the routing concepts.
      * The Inputs and User In are the only input screens. All others are output screens.
      * Inputs, AES50 and Card assigns in banks of 8. XLR Out assigns in banks of 4.
      * Analog Outputs (also called Out 1-16), Aux Out, Ultranet (also called P16) and User Out assigns individual outputs to make up banks of 4/8.
      * AES50 assigns outputs to the AES50 A and B port (6 banks of 8)
      * Card assigns outputs to the card in the back of the console (typically the X-USB card that provides USB to a computer)
      * XLR Out assigns outputs to the physical XLR-M jacks on the back of the console (banks of 4)
      * Aux Out assigns outputs to the physical 1/4" jacks on the back of the console (individual outputs)
      * Ultranet (or P16) assigns outputs to the Ultranet port on the back of the console (individual outputs)

Hope that helps
      • Oct 18
      • X32 Basic Questions
        DanielThompson Better. Once I get back with the mixing team we'll see if the light turns on.
        • Oct 18
  • New
    JAS3712
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-17

After using the Flow 8 for a while I am ready for a Flow 12 or 16! Hope either of those are being developed. And hope they have NDI (Network Device Interface) support over Ethernet or Wi-Fi 6E or both!

1 37
    • JAS3712
      PedroRodrigues Hi JAS3712, thank you for your post, at this moment we cannot confirm any future releases, nevertheless please keep an eye on our social media for any news. Thank you
      • Oct 23
  • New
    GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-17

Would love to see an adjustable slope on the parametric EQ.  6/12/24 would be good.

Additionally, maybe relocating that enable/disable from the Settings page to somewhere on the EQ interface.  Possibly using a width adjustment knob.

1 9
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto Hey George, if you select a bus, matrix or main EQ, then the Settings (screen top), there are options for the various slopes. For the channel EQ only shelf and parametric options are available.
      • Oct 17
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty Odd, I could have sworn I posted my reply.
      I wasn't very clear in my request.. My suggestion has to do with adding that ability on the input channels like many of the newer Yamaha consoles and similar to the downstream processing channels on the Wing.
      In addition, the UI isn't very intuitive to change up those filter slopes right now where we have the capability. Those types of functions seem better suited to be up front in the UI alongside the other EQ adjustments.
      • Oct 24
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto Hey George, if you post from the notification (or email link), that post goes into a parallel universe and does not show up in the standard thread (very aggravating!).
      I do agree that adding these slopes to the input channel strips would be nice. But there may be a DSP limitation issue that won't allow this.
      I also agree that the filter slopes is not in an intuitive location. There are a number of features that I have to scratch my head to think of where I last found them. And as more features get added, I think it is only going to get worse.
      • Oct 25
  • New
    kennyjames
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-17

Hi love the Flow 8 but I can't get it to work with my laptop, I use Cakewalk by Band Lab to record with but can't seem to get it to work, an instructional video explaining how to set th mixer up to the laptop and if I need to download any drivers would be a great help as I am not a computer wiz kid and need things explaining in simple terms it's an age thing. On the only videos that I can find there is only a brief mention about being able to record using the Floe 8 it doesn't show you what you need to do to make this happen infact it only shows an over view of what the mixer can do, can you help as this is a great little mixer and I would like to get the best out of it Regards Kenny  

read more...
    0 7
    • kennyjames
      KyleJohnson Hi Kenny, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The first thing you should do is verify the USB Routing parameter. You can find it in the Setup>Routing menu. This will determine which signals are sent out via USB. Then, in your DAW you need to assign the FLOW 8 as the Input device, then you should be able to select from USB inputs 1-10 to assign to your tracks for recording.
      • Oct 17
  • New
    sridhar2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-15

Hi

i puchased a Behringer Q1202USB mixer from the US and realise it takes only a 110 V input.

As I live in Asia which has 230 volts power, what step down transformer should I look for. What should be the specifications in terms of voltage and wattage? This has a power consumption of 20 W.

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    DavidThomson1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-15

Hi, would it please be possible (like all other behringer products), to have the flow product page have a firmware section to advise customers

A) when a new version has been released and its revision number with date of release

B) What new features have been added

C) What bugs and issues have been resolved

The only way to check for a new version is to fire up the Simply PUT app, connect your mixer and verify if its a new or old firmware release. It doesnt tell you anywhere (that i can find), whats new, fixed or broken with the version of FW. If even the app had the release date next to the firmware it would be a start, but would be prefered if it was put on the webpage with the date and a PDF with the changes etc in it.

Thanks

Dave

read more...
    0 66
    • DavidThomson1
      PedroRodrigues Hi DavidThomson1 you are absolutely correct that information should be on the product page available for any customer, I will make that recommendation to the respective team,to make it available. Meanwhile please follow the link below to access that information for the last FW released. https://wsi.li/dl/ycTi8EMrwed2t79uM/ Thank you
      • Oct 16
      • Flow Firmware Suggestion
        DavidThomson1 thanks Pedro. the link you sent was for firmware 11739 and we are now on 11748. thanks again
        • ·
        • Oct 16
      • Flow Firmware Suggestion
        PedroRodrigues Hi DavidThomson1, thank you for your reply, the document sent was merely a guideline on the type of document to expect when the team, that manages these aspects proceeds to make this information available on the product page. Thank you
        • Oct 16
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-14

We're new to X32. It seems like we have to turn the mic gains all the way up as far as they will go in order to get a somewhat usable signal to the input strips. The meters on the input strips barely budge past -24db. Is this normal for Berhringer? We're replacing an aging Yamaha board where the gains were rarely set above 40%.

read more...
    0 11
    • DanielThompson
      DavidThomson1 what sort of mics? Radio or wired? do they require phantom power perhaps? are you using proper balanced cable between the mic and the desk? my SM58s I need to drive harder than most other mics I own (Senheissers), but never more than about 35db of gain
      • Oct 14
      • X32 gain settings
        DanielThompson Thanks David - We started with three phantom powered wired mics, 2 AKG P220s, and 1 AKG GN30E. +48 is turned on for those channels otherwise we'd get nothing. We just want to get those working before we moved on to dynamic mics and DIs. The balanced cabling was run professionally, XLR on either end. Again, this hasn't been a problem with the Yamaha board this is replacing.
        • Oct 14
Go to page