Statistics

268,266 members
147,830 posts
  • Tjfeast
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hello.

Does anyone know why there is not a free x air app for the ipad in the app store for the xr18?

I found the one for android no problem?

Any answers would be appreciated. 

0 47
    • Tjfeast
      Nigel67 Hi, there should be. Let me go and recheck for you.
      • September 16, 2020
      • Free ipad app for the xr 18
        Nigel67 Hi, have just checked and it is definitely there. Just type in X Air into the search bar and its the first thing that comes up
        • September 16, 2020
        Tjfeast It's not a free app.
        • September 16, 2020
        Tjfeast It's free to try then it's like 5 bucks. 3.99 or something
        • September 16, 2020
    • Tjfeast
      DaveMorrison The "X Air" app from Behringer is free. "Mixing Station", which isn't free, is regularly updated and is a fantastic app. Well worth the money.
      • September 16, 2020
  • Cupp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hello,

I want to purchase a USB mixer for live streaming concerts. I am considering the Behringer QX 1222 USB or X 1832 USB.

Which model is newer?

Were both models released in 2020 or is one older?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 38
    • Cupp
      john0121 Neither of the models were released in 2020 they are older products. On Amazon the 1832 has been available since 2010 and the QX1222USB since 2013.
      • September 16, 2020
  • OmarStewart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-16

I recently updated the firmware for x32 to current version. I also updated the desktop software for our IMAC running Catalina. The version number on IMAC says version 4.1, however while using the desktop software on my 2012 MBPro running mojave it states that the version is 3.2. Upon trying to connect with console in MBPro it states that it is not able to connect as the firmware for console is not compatible. 

Please assist as I have attempted several times to re-install desktop app on my MBPro.

read more...
    0 39
  • metzandsons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

My church uses an X32 for the house mix, but we now need a second mix for streaming.  I want to use a separate device for this.  I don't want to use the X32 for the mix.  I want to connect a separate device to the X32, have the X32 send the inputs to the separate device.   Either digitally and use a virtual soundboard software on a MAC, or a separate smaller mixer.  We only use around 10-12 channels.  What/ how can we do this?  I prefer to use the USB out and send the info to a separate device, not just Y a bunch of cables.  

read more...
    0 845
    • metzandsons
      Nigel67 It all depends whether whoever is going to mix the audio wants physical knobs infront of them to change settings or are happy adjusting settings on the fly with a computer. Is there any reason why you want all the input channels being sent to another console for mixing, or could you just use the house mix? If you used the house mix, then all you would need is to send the two channels over the USB to a computer from where you can then stream the channels. If you wanted to go down the route that someone wanted physical knobs infront of them, then maybe the X32 Compact. You could send the input channels to this over the AES50 mix them down and then send to a computer for streaming via the USB. If the sound guy was happy using an ipad, etc to mix the audio, then you could go with a X32 Rack or Core again connected via AES50. The other option would be to just plug a computer to the USB of the X32 and send all the input channels into a DAW where you can mix them and live stream. You may be limited though using this method on EQ, FX, Gates, Compressors etc and the mix you stream may not sound like the house mix. Maybe you could expand a little as to why you would want someone to mix the audio again when you can get the house mix sent across the USB for live streaming? Many thanks and hope this helps.
      • September 15, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        metzandsons The house is small and the house mix reflects that. We never have to use a mic on the piano, the bass cabinet can carry the whole room, the acoustic guitars need boost and the vocals get the most. We tried the house mix and it sounds terrible isolated from the house. Plus we've add house mics to bring the ambience of the house into the stream mix to get congregational singing, but we don't want those running through the house. We have tried to create a separate mix on the x32 and use that to live stream with. It works, but it is too much for one guy to keep up with both house and stream mix at the same time on the same board. Have you worked with an X18? Will that take connect directly to the X32 and do what I need as a separate mixer?
        • September 16, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        Nigel67 Hi, apologies for not replying sooner. I do not think that the X18 will work for you as there will be no way of getting the audio into it digitally. I thought that you would be able to use the Ultranet to send the audio from the X32 into the X18, but unfortunately the ultranet on the X18 is output only. You will need the USB output to connect to the computer for live streaming so you cannot use this either. I think that if your sound engineer can mix using an ipad or MAC, then you could look at an X32 Core. This way you can connect to the X32 using AES50 and then use the USB for sending the main mix to the computer for streaming. It may be worth talking to your local reseller, or the seller that you got your X32 from and get their thoughts of what would be best for you. Hope this helps.
        • September 18, 2020
    • metzandsons
      GeorgeDougherty I got along fine using a matrix pair out for the broadcast mix on our prior X32. I took the house mix and utilized a mixbus as a broadcast boost mix. Broadcast boost augmented drums, guitars and others to compensate for things louder in the room. I always use a speaking mixbus to do feedback notching for headsets and lavs so that also routes and boosts into the broadcast matrix to even out the music to speaking volume.
      If you use a matrix for the broadcast, use matrix outs for your house sends as well and apply any room correction on the matrix buses rather than the Main L/R bus. My standard setup uses Matrix 1/2 as L/R, 3 as subs and 4 as front fills. On an X32 you'd have 5/6 available for a stereo broadcast. mix
      • September 15, 2020
    • metzandsons
      StephenEvans I'd say your best options if you want another physical device would be to get something like an X32 compact or producer and link them with AES50 to pass the channels through. If you are happy to mix with a mouse or touchscreen then I would use a stereo pair of busses on the X32 and mix using an iPad or computer app to save buying another device. If you have a powerful enough computer and a suitable DAW you could easily route the raw inputs in using USB (up to 32 channels) and then mix on the computer or laptop
      • September 30, 2020
  • dennist2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-15

Hello everyone,

Are we allowed to post used Behringer gear here?  The link for the Marketplace shows a "Coming Soon" landing page.

Thanks

1 53
    • dennist2020
      DaveMorrison I thought that's what "www.freemusictribe.com" was for.
      • September 14, 2020
      • Can We Offer Used Behringer Gear for Sale Here?  Marketplace says "Coming Soon"
        dennist2020 Thank you! They should remove the Marketplace link, or replace it with a pass through to the freemusictribe location. Thanks again!
        • September 14, 2020
      • Can We Offer Used Behringer Gear for Sale Here?  Marketplace says "Coming Soon"
        DaveMorrison There's a lot of things they still need to fix here ; )
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
    • dennist2020
      AlexLane Hi Guys, the plan with the Marketplace link here is to have it link in with the freemusictribe site, this feature is however still under development.
      • September 15, 2020
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

In recalling channel presets I'm finding I'd love to have the ability to disable recall of the input source label. I want to recall the headamp gain, but I don't want the source input to overwrite with whatever customized label was on the stored source input.

My workflow is that I'm using the source labels to document stage box inputs and connected wireless equipment.  I stored channel presets for various speakers on headset mics but when I recall them on another wireless channel it overwrites the source input name with the stored value.

ex.  Recalling John's preset originally on ew500-04 to a standard wireless channel with source input named ew500-02, overwrites with ew500-04 on the source and causes future confusion in routing because now we have two ew500-04 sources and no ew500-02 source.

Currently, I'm canceling the recall of the source when recalling the preset, but it's an extra step and others walking up to the board don't necessarily know or remember this is a problem.  Is there a combo of recall selections that get me headamp recall without source labels?

Also, not sure what people are doing with DCA's, but I'm finding it annoying that if I rename a DCAin any way, the channel membership becomes completely disassociated and other than reassigning everything manually or renaming the DCA back, there's no quick way to switch everything. 

On the other hand, it's somewhat handy you can reshuffle DCA's just by changing the name.  When I reorganized after the advent of 16 DCA's that was definitely a help since I have the DCA's recall safed.

read more...
    0 37
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Nigel67 Hi George. Many thanks for your feedback. I will pass on your comments to the design team.
      • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        Nigel67 With regards to the DCA, the guys have advised that when you rename a DCA, tick the 'RENAME ALL TAGS' button next to the NAME so that you do not drop the assignment. I will get back to you with more info about your other request.
        • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        GeorgeDougherty Thanks Nigel. I'll make sure to look out for that checkbox. I either missed it or it was added in a recent firmware update since I renamed the DCA's. Only noticed the impacts recently on recall of some older scenes.
        • September 15, 2020
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-14

I'd like to have two quick recalls on my Wing; the first where the alt inputs are set to USB in sources from my DAW, and a second where they are set to Wing Play sources.  This way I can toggle quickly between multitracking to a DAW and playing back multi tracks, or choosing to use the Wing Live card instead. 

The alt inputs are really the only thing I want to be different between the two snapshots.  Can someone guide me in the right direction of what to include in the save file, and what to "safe"?  

Lastly, is there no longer a way to recall a specific scene from a MIDI message or a custom button?  I miss having that from my X32 days.   

Thanks!

read more...
    0 381
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike,

First of all, there is no external mechanism (JSON, OSC or midi) to load a snapshot at this point in time. That is one important feature on the wishlist.

Secondly, what you are wanting to do (change alt input sources from USB to USB player and vise versa) requires snippet-like functionality (like on the X32/M32). Unfortunately at this point, this feature has not yet been developed on the Wing itself. But the good news is that the Wing now has an OSC server built into the lastest firmware (1.08). I have successfully ported my X32 Live Toolbox to the Wing platform and released the beta version this week (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-live-toolbox/). It provides snippet-like functionality using its tidbits. The release also includes all of the OSC commands. If you need any help developing tidbits for your application, just let me know.
      • September 13, 2020
      • Advice on Wing Snapshot management
        MikeDrennan Paul, thanks for the response. I downloaded your Toolbox app...very nice. Taking my first stab at it, if I wanted to switch Channel 14 from alt input USB 14 to alt input Wing Play 14, I would have to send two OSC commands to the desk: /ch/14/in/conn/altgrp/Play and then /ch/14/in/conn/altin/14. Is this correct?
        • September 14, 2020
        MikeDrennan Paul, can you comment on the above reply? Is that the correct OSC sequence for the example I gave? Thanks.
        • September 17, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      Deo1 Hi guys.

I have just purchased my first gigital X32 mixer. I tried to connect it to my Mac, and use it to control my DAW which is Cubase8. But i can't get any signal out nor in.it looks like i have to redo everything from scratch although i just don't know what. Anyone can help?
      • September 14, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto This is a Wing thread, not an X32 thread. Please post a new thread regarding your X32 issue
        • September 14, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan I’m getting notifications that I have new responses to my thread, but nothing shows up?
      • September 16, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto I'm getting them too Mike
        • September 16, 2020
  • DennisB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-13

I have Behringer Xenyx1002 mixer but CANNOT record stereo on my computer. Instead, it always takes the left channel and doubles it up on the right channel. I mostly record with Adobe Audition, and I now have the latest 2020 update. Plus I have an old copy of Sound Forge -- same problem, no stereo recording with it either. There is definitely stereo audio within the mixer itself, I can clearly hear stereo through the mixer's headphones and see it on the VU meters. But on my computer, I get nothing but left channel mono. Otherwise, recorded audio quality is good -- just no stereo.

read more...
    0 131
    • DennisB
      Nigel67 I think that this is most likely because your DAW is recording the track as stereo instead of Mono. I am guessing that you are using a Windows computer, and Windows 10 so please take a look at the link below. It is for setting up with Audacity but the Windows set up is the same and your DAW will have the same set up in Preferences or Settings Tab. Hope this helps

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/KA-02517
      • September 13, 2020
      • no stereo recording from Behringer Xenyx1002
        Cupp Hello Nigel,

I’m sorry, Music Tribe is not letting me start a new post.

I want to purchase a USB mixer for live streaming concerts. I am considering the Behringer QX 1222 USB or X 1832 USB.
        Which model is newer?

Were both models released in 2020 or is one older?

Thank you.
        • September 16, 2020
        Nigel67 I am sorry, but I do not know when either mixer was released, however I do not think either were released this year. I think that they have been around for a few years now.
        • September 17, 2020
    • DennisB
      DennisB Yes! That fixed the problem. Thank you, Nigel! And here are some screenshots I made from within Adobe Audition to show the steps I took. Hopefully this can help someone else who gets stuck like I did. Cheers! - Dennis
      • September 14, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Dennis, could you send those pictures through by any chance without the marups and I can put them into a KB article like the one I sent you. Many thanks
        • September 15, 2020
  • petercastle
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-12

I have launched a Facebook group, for the Behringer Wing Studio mode users. Most groups are focused on live. In the group will be tips on mixing, plugin features, requests, and light humour regarding anything related to the Wing.

Please find link to join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/360112075372387/

read more...
    3 45
  • MarcusLinden
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-12

Hi

We have a Wing with a S32 on AES50-A and two S16 on AES50-B for our PA-mix.

Now we are thinking of buying a second Wing for a separate broadcast-mix.

Do you know if it would be possible to connect the second Wing to the B-port of the S32 (and S16s) to get the same inputs to both boards?

Will the Wings detect eachother so that it is possible to set one as gain-master or will both have access to the gain and 48V ?

read more...
    0 322
    • MarcusLinden
      DaveMorrison You can easily connect 2 (or more) Wings together in a variety of ways. If you use the the S32's B port, the console connected to the B port cannot control the Gain and cannot send signals to the stage box. This will not work with S16s. The best and easiest way is to connect both consoles directly together and forward the signals to the other console. Then both consoles can send signals to the stageboxes outputs (for mains, monitors, and IEMs). Only one console can control the Gain and Phantom Power, but you get to choose which one. If you have questions on routing the signal between consoles, just ask.
      • September 11, 2020
      • Connect 2 Wings to same stage-box
        MarcusLinden Thanks for quick answer! If connecting the consoles directly together on the C-port, and routing a source from the A-port to channel 1 on the PA-desk, would it be possible to configure the C-port to send cannel 1:s input (without specifying which source it comes from)? Like having the broadcast mix to automatically follow the routing on the PA-desk?
        • September 11, 2020
      • Connect 2 Wings to same stage-box
        DaveMorrison I would imagine there would be a way. I'm a X32/M32 user, but the AES50 interconnection bus is the same. The trick would be to forward AES50-A out to AES50-C. On the X32, coping the basic scene from one console to the other can give a quick start on the layout of a new mix. Paul, Gary, or other Wing experts can answer this question for you. Unfortunately, we STILL can't tag other users on this new-fangled forum (or directly share scenes).
        • September 12, 2020
    • MarcusLinden
      GaryHiggins I’m afraid you will have to do some routing. If you use the C port to connect the second Wing you will need to rout on Wing1 by using the aes50c output group and populate it using the aes50a and b routing source groups so as to replicate your current inputs. On the second Wing you would use aes50 1-48 for the inputs in the correct order with whatever port letter you chose to connect by. If you use the A port it would be aes50a 1-48. If you only used the S32 (no S16’s) and connected to its B port you could duplicate the inputs by using the same snapshot. The 2 S16’s throw a wrench in those works. This makes using the C port the best choice by forwarding the inputs to the second Wing on one aes50 line. (I should add: imo)
      • September 12, 2020
    • MarcusLinden
      Bmoller

Hi - I have 1 S32 and 2 wings. We have the main in-house wing mixer (wing 1) connected to A on the back of the S32. Our 2nd wing (wing 2) is for streaming. We have wing 2 plugged into B on back of the S32 and into A on the back of wing 2. Wing 1 works great, wing 2 gets no signal. How do I get a signal from B to wing 2 from B on back of S32. As info, Wing 2 plugged into A on back of S32 gets a signal just fine. Move the ETH to B - nothing. Thanks!

• November 28, 2021
Go to page