Statistics

240,989 members
117,224 posts
  • New
    Unkle1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-25

I am having issues with my auxes 3-16 coming on after I set up the board mix 1 and 2 come on with no issues ,this is the pro 1 console any help will be truly appreciated thanks.

0 0
  • New
    zendrummer84
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-20

Hey! im new to posting here but i just need a quick anwser to a question. Ive submitted 2 care tickets now in relation to aquiring Parts to repair a M32R i have. I cant seem to get anyone on the care team to email me back and when i check my ticket status it just says "Problem Solved" but no real anwsers have been given. Working with tech support trying to accomplish repairs is turning out to be very frustrating and im just reaching out to see if anyone might have any suggestions. I literally just need to order a new PSU haha thats it. 

read more...
    0 11
    • zendrummer84
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi zendrummer84, are these the case you are referring to? CAS-454657-J3B7R0, CAS-459761-V4S3R0. If so i can see responses have been sent out on both with no further follow-up, a response was sent on 25/05/2021 for CAS-454657-J3B7R0 and 10/06/2021 for CAS-459761-V4S3R0.

It may be possible that the responses are routing to your spam/junk folder as we have seen this happen in the past, do you happen to have a second email address at all? If so I will pass this along to my colleagues and have them reach out to you again including the second email.
      • Tue at 11:33 PM
  • New
    msteel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

We have an M32 (full size, original non-live, still running v3.11) installed in a venue for over a year now.  One of the uses of the space is a classroom, in which case the system operates unattended.  In the past few weeks there have been a handful of times I have discovered the console not passing audio.  Visually, everything looks fine and the screen, buttons, and LEDs are responsive.  But no audio.  Notably, when I recalled a snapshot to make sure settings were correct, the console rebooted.  After that audio was working as intended.

This behavior began recently and is relatively frequent - every couple of days or more often.  Of course it is possible that the console has failed in some way, but I'm not yet convinced of that.  I'm not aware of any power problems in that location either, although this particular system is not on a UPS.

A significant change that coincides fairly well with the beginning of this behavior is related to some automation I have implemented using OSC commands over the network.  A recent feature change had the automation system continually setting some scribble strip colors and channel mutes twice a second.  Probably about 14 OSC commands per second altogether.  In some ways this feels like a lot of traffic, but it really doesn't seem excessive compared to something like real time meter updates or fader moves on an iPad app.  All the same, I am wondering if it is  somehow too much data to send and is crashing something in the console.

I've read all the release notes I've found in case there was a known issue my automation could be triggering, and nothing seemed to stick out.  But updating to the latest firmware might still be a good idea, I suppose.

In the mean time I've retooled my automation to reduce the frequency of the parameter updates.  I will see if that seems to make a difference.

read more...
    0 3
    • msteel
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthew, what app are you using to send the OSC commands remotely? Are the OSC commands properly formatted (4 byte aligned, big endian, etc.)? The reason I ask is that during my early development of Live Toolbox, I would frequently send incorrectly formatted commands that would generate an error on the console which would result it a freeze until either I cleared the error or rebooted the console. Patrick has this well documented in his X32 OSC Protocol document (page 11) found here:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view
      • Jul 14
      • M32 stops passing audio, possible connection to OSC
        msteel I have seen that error dialog before, but am not getting it now. My automation system is based on Node Red which in turn is based on node.js and javascript. The commands are generated from Javascript strings and include padding characters. They work as intended (i.e. the desired effect is seen on the surface) and do not generate an error dialog. The system is powered on 24/7, though, and since the problem showed up about the same time as my changes I was suspicious about the long term effects of continuous commands. You know, maybe my changes were revealing a memory leak or buffer issue that wouldn't show up on a system that was power cycled more frequently.
        • Jul 14
    • msteel
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that you update the firmware to the latest version (4.06). Make sure that you backup your scenes, snippets, etc. (export the show will back those up) as well as the library presets. Also make note of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup. Firmware 4.x now provides the ability to backup everything.
      • Jul 14
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-09

Just an observation that happened last week after a gig.  I have a Midas M32R and all QSC speakers.  We hired another sound guy to run my equipment.  He owns a similar system of brand x stuff.  He came up after the gig and complemented me on the sound we had dialed in on the M32R!  Said it sounded way "cleaner" than his stuff!  I think it was an "ah-ha" moment for him on the difference between sysyems.  We also had comments from the audenice on the mix and sound from the nights performance.  It's so nice to get that kind of feedback!

Just thought I would share that since most of the time these forums get overrun with problems, complaints, and suggestions for more.  I have yet to have a moment of regret for buying this board!  Have a great weekend everyone!

read more...
    4 7
    • MarkNorgren
      DavidKnighton Hello MarkNorgren,
      Thank you for posting. It is definitely nice to hear a genuine 'WIN' every now and then. It definitely helps the cause knowing that their are users out there who are having successful experiences. Feel free to post a link to your band so we can check out your music/productions.
      • Jul 9
      • Rave to Midas!
        MarkNorgren I do occasional work with this guy from time to time. It was notable to me because I always knew my system performed better than his brand x. It was nice hearing it from him. Unfortunately, my band is booking larger shows and I may be forced to buy more speakers! But the good news is that between my M32R and the Dl32 box, I'm covered in that department!
        • Jul 10
  • New
    Mynameiscooper24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

For some reason it is impossible to connect to my m32C right now. 
    I have tried two different routers, I did dchp, static, nothing is connecting. 
    the Ethernet port on the back of the m32C is a steady orange. No green activity light. 
    when I set the console to dhcp is pulls an op address of 169.254.48.120

any ideas or support ? 

read more...
    0 18
    • Mynameiscooper24
      Paul_Vannatto Good chance you have a bad ethernet cable or the RJ45 ends are not pushed in all the way and latched.
      • Jul 8
    • Mynameiscooper24
      DavidKnighton Hello Mynameiscooper24,
      That IP address looks very similar to a Dante address. If you are using a computer with Dante Virtual Soundcard installed, or a router that is latched onto a Dante network, consider moving to an isolated network or turning DVS off.
      • Jul 9
  • New
    TwinTurboz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

Ive been using bus sends for musician monitoring while recording which works fine.  But it ties up many sends.  I finally picked up a Midas DP48 to play with.  My question is,  How do I send individual DAW tracks to the Midas DP48.  I want to record bands, but use my "go to" vst plugin effects and send that wet signal to the DP48 for musician monitoring.  Would I utilize the User Ins/Outs ?  Just choose "User In" and select "Card 1-32" ?  Will that send those DAW channels to the DP48 ?

read more...
    0 9
    • TwinTurboz
      Paul_Vannatto The DP48 gets its signals from the AES50 (A or B) feed. So whatever you want to send to the DP48 needs to be done on the Routing, AES50 screen. If for example, you have the DP48 connected to the AES50 B port of the M32, assign the Card banks to whatever you want to send to the DP48 on the Routing, AES50 screen (AES50 B1-8 to 41-48)
      • Jul 7
    • TwinTurboz
      TwinTurboz

Thanks Paul. On another scenario. Say I wanted to utilize the Midas onboard "Gate" on each channel being fed to the musicians. Can I set the tap points on the DP48 to be "post effects" but pre fader ? Sorry if the questions seem stupid, but Im slowly learning how to utilize the Midas. Im probably over thinking everything. I have six musician feeds set through stereo bus sends (I posted on that a year or so ago and you helped). But like the idea of freeing up those busses. But want to tap each channel going to the Midas DP48 either at the DAW channel out or tap after the Midas onboard channel effects. Thanks

• Jul 8
    • TwinTurboz
      TwinTurboz

Forgot to add. Everything I have read point that AES50 tap the signal before onboard effects (at the preamp) Am I wrong ?

• Jul 8
  • New
    joshmooresound
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-07

Feature Request: To be able to have 2 (or more) Mackie Control protocol control surfaces to control M32-Edit/X32-Edit.

I have a Waves FIT contoller, which has 16+1 faders. I can control the M32C via OsiMIDI, as I can add more than one contoller at a time (the Waves FIT uses a lot 8 and 8+1 fader configuration for Mackie Control). It'd be great if I could use the controller to fully integrate with the Edit software.

I can also see that this would be of use to connect 2 seperate controllers together.

The Waves FIT controller would be a fantastic way to control the M32C, and I could quite see that it'd be a good competitor setup to the Waves LV1.

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    ClintPopetz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-03
    Here's what I want to accomplish: I have an X32 doing FOH, and a DL32 on stage in a box with an M32C.  I want the M32c to do monitor mixing with the musicians connecting to it via wifi.  I want to split the outputs so that the first 8 are monitor mix outs for IEM and the last two (15/16) are L/R controlled by the x32.

I can hook the X32 to the DL32 on AES50-A and the M32c on AES50-B.  The input routing looks reasonable, both boards can share the DL32 inputs.   It's not clear to me how to split the outs.  Easiest would be to have the M32c get 1-8 and the X32 get 9-16.  But the "Routing" section of the M32c in m32 edit on the mac doesn't seem to have a way to _not_ assign AES50-A 9-16 to _something_.  How do I split the outputs?

If the outputs aren't splittable, can I have the m32c send its monitor bus mixes to the x32 over a separate AES50 channel and have the X32 map them to the outputs on the dl32?

So in this case it would be: 
      X32 AES50-A <-> DL32 AES50-A (gets inputs for main mix, sends back both L/R and monitor mixes)
      X32 AES50-B <-> M32c AES50-A (m32 sends monitor buses to x32 so that x32 sends them to dl32)
      M32 AES50-B <-> DL32 AES50-B (gets inputs for monitor mixes)

This is for a show tomorrow, hopefully someone can help me out :)
    read more...
    0 20
    • ClintPopetz
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Clint, this question comes up frequently. The DL32 is designed to output what come in its AES50 A port only. The DL32 inputs can be shared between the A and B port if it senses there are consoles connected to both. To do what you want, you will have to connect your X32, M32C and DL32 as follows ([A] and [B] are ports)
      X32 FOH [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32

To split the outputs from FOH and M32C, goto the M32C Routing, AES50 B screen and assign the following:
      Outputs 1-8 -> Out 1-8
      Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 A9-16
      Then on the M32C Routing, Out 1-16 screen, assign the desired IEM outputs to the first 8 outputs
      Finally on the X32 FOH Routing Out 1-16 screen, assign Main L and R to outputs 15 and 16 respectively, and on the Routing, AES50 B screen, assign the following:
      Outputs 9-16 -> Out 9-16

If you ever need more outputs from the M32C Monitor console (eg outputs 1-14) you can do that by using the User Out screen and assign those User Out (1-8 and 9-16) to the AES50 B1-8 and 9-16
      • Jul 3
  • New
    mattstanley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

I've had a Pro2c for about a year and a half and periodically I'll run into an issue when one of my mixes is very weak. It's not isolated to just one of the busses, but mostly occurs on Mix 1-3. No matter how much signal I have on each channel I feed, the metering barely registers on the mix. I mostly use these mixes to feed Aviom channels for drums. The one I'm having trouble with now is used to sum the cymbals together. I have plenty of signal down the channels and hear them clearly in the house. They are all turned on in Mix 2 and set to PreFade. Worked fine a few days ago, now the mix is barely registering anything.

This has happened before but seemed to clear up right as I'd get annoyed enough to seek help. Do I have some bum mix busses?

read more...
    0 22
    • mattstanley
      Nigel67 Hi Matt, do you use VCA's / MCA's as it sounds like something they could cause. Do you always use the same show file? Is it always the same showfile, one day it works fine, the next the level is low, or is the problem more intermittent, i.e one moment everything works fine and then the next a mix send level is to low? I think that we will need a show file and more information from you, possibly even log files. Please could you submit a Technical Ticket for this and we will be able to help more easily via e-mail. To submit a ticket, please go to support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket from there. Many thanks
      • Jul 4
    • mattstanley
      mattstanley This was definitely the issue. For some reason, the Drum DCA/MCA was turned down in the send to that Aux. Wow, that's a sneaky little spot for issues. Many thanks.
      • Jul 8
    • mattstanley
      Nigel67

Good to hear its sorted. Yep, those DCA/MCA can cause the odd headache now and again :)

• Jul 12
  • New
    balky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-27

Here what I noticed.

If  you have say several channel in DCA group and press MUTE on DCA, the mute buttons on controlled channels blink.

You expect the same behavior when SOLO on DCA is pressed... NOPE.  It only lights up on DCA.  

Also, when you MUTE DCA GROUP and solo it, you cannot hear anything UNLESS you disable MUTE SYSTEM  "DCA Groups" in CONFIGURTATION.  and the flaw of doing so is that now you cannot see if the channels are muted.  MUTE is lit only on DCA channel.

Quite weird behavior.  NOt sure if it has been this way always, but thois is how it is now.

read more...
    0 16
    • balky
      GaryHiggins Mute System settings

I believe the following to be true…

Hard Mute:

If the Hard Mute box is checked: If you mute an input ch when the hard mute box is checked, that ch can only be unmuted by the same main ch section mute button. If you mute an input ch and that ch is also part of a mute group, unmuting by the mute group button it belongs to WILL NOT override the actual ch mute itself. The muted input ch remains muted everywhere it's used, mixer wide.

If the hard mute box is unchecked:
      If you mute an input ch, and that ch is also part of a mute group, you can then mute and unmute that ch with the mute group button even if you muted the actual input ch itself as a separate process, an individually muted input ch will follow the mute group mute/unmute action.

DCA Mute:

If the DCA mute box is checked:
      It mutes every ch that's part of the DCA group-both at the input ch and at the bus, it's the 'hard mute' of dca world. All ch's that are part of that DCA will be muted everywhere mixer wide if the DCA mute button is engaged.

With the DCA mute box unchecked:
      If an input ch belongs to a DCA group, and the DCA is muted, ONLY the sends to mains are muted NOT the bus sends. This is the setting to use to allow monitors to remain active while FOH ch's remain muted. It's the 'soft mute' of DCA world.
      • Jun 27
    • balky
      balky Gary, thanks. HARD mute works with mute groups only. I am not using any. And DCA mute works great. My question is 95% about DCA vs SOLO. Pressing solo on any channel when it is MUTE, lets you hear the channel. When you press SOLO on dca group, you cannot hear anything if the same dca group is muted. But if you uncheck DCA MUTE in configuration, then solo works as expected even if pressed on muted DCA. But the trade off is - pressing mute on DCA does not blink all mute channels.
      • Jun 27
Go to page