Statistics

306,084 members
190,432 posts
  • New
    Acavusyan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-28

Hi Everyone,

We are constantly coming up with the question for the availability of the MIDAS Heritage HD96-24 Offline software.

In this sense can anyone update us about New program / software (offline editor ) launch plan, that works with both for Windows and Mac operating systems ?  So that through this offline editor, we can have access to the operating system the exact interface that is used in the HD96 and do all our preliminary study of this device before the show ?

Thanks

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    PatrickLL1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-25

Hello,

Just looking for some advice on repair times and part availability in the UK as I sent one of the companies Pro2C back for repair in February of this year and it is still away awaiting on parts. Further to this two of our other Pro2 have also started to develop the same fault( fader pot drift) but we can’t send them back for repair as we can’t afford to looses them for a full festival season.  As it is we have had to sub in another desk for most of the summer to cover for this one.

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    Hbgchurch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-15

Hi All,

Working on our Midas M32R Live which we got 3 months ago.

We were reciving and sending audio to and from our Windows PC via the DN32 Live card just fine as of 2 weeks ago. Then one mornig we fired everything up and now it seems no signal is being sent from or recieved at the card.

On the PC we have have the newset DN32 Live Driver. Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. 

The driver is working properly on the PC. The board and PC see each other and there is signal being sent from the driver. I can see the meter bouncing when I'm in the "Out 3-4" in the sound settings for the KT DN32 L driver.

At the board our Aux in 3-4 channels are routed to Card 3-4.

Is there something I may be missing here?

read more...
    0 6
    • Hbgchurch
      Paul_Vannatto Check the Windows Cortana microphone settings. If it is disabled, it will also inhibit line in/out as well as USB audio in/out. A couple of months ago, Windows on our church's livestream computer updated automatically and disabled this and we were unable to livestream for a couple of weeks (no audio from our X32) until we found this settings. IMO the permanent solution is to dump Windows and use linux. But I can't convince the IT guy to do that.
      • Nov 15
      • M32R Clark Teknik DN32 Live Card Not Sending or Receiving signal from CPU
        Hbgchurch We don't have Cortana enabled - running a version of windows that doesn't even have it. Can you think of anything else this might be? I'm beginning to think it might be the card itself went bad?
        • Thu at 2:04 PM
      • M32R Clark Teknik DN32 Live Card Not Sending or Receiving signal from CPU
        Hbgchurch Also, when playing back a multitrack recording session off the card the volume is extremely faint in the mains on playback....
        • Thu at 3:20 PM
  • New
    vita
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-11-11

Hi! Can I delete a scope from a scene on midas PRO 2? How I do that? Thanks!

0 6
  • New
    pukey251
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-11-09

need power supply

0 7
  • New
    burningbaal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-25

If there's a more formal place for this submission, please redirect me. I'm also curious if others might also appreciate the feature.

I propose a firmware improvement where a channel on the board (for me, the M32, but presumably even more useful on the more compact varieties) can be assigned to a linked pair of channels. Note: individual channels can currently be assigned to an arbitrary other channel (ie, you can assign the first fader on page 2 - channel 17 - to actually control the Aux 1 input).

This feature would enable a single channel (we'll say channel 17 for the sake of an example) to control a linked pair of channels (perhaps input 7 and 8). In this way, once input 7 and 8 are linked, the config menu would allow the selection of 'input 7&8'. Note, I suggest the list offers input 7, input 8, input 7&8 as three options in the list for input selection. This would preserve current behavior, but allow the new behavior as an option for any linked pair of inputs.

There are two key values to this feature I'll articulate, then discuss suggested implementation:

1. With 40 inputs, but a limited number of physical faders, this feature would make more inputs controllable on the same 'page', For example, if there are 10 stereo inputs and 6 mono, these 26 inputs could all be accessible on the same page.
    2. Sometimes, when being indecisive about fader movement, the firmware struggles to keep the second fader in sync with its pair, and it can be awkward to keep my fingers in the right place to adjust exactly one of the pair; my fingers are more used to hold one mono or grabbing both faders of a linked pair, which causes fights with the firmware and fader motors.

Suggested implementation:

• When you select the channel, almost all settings work as a pair and the main display should be straightforward to implement with a few tweaks detailed below. 
    • The preamp/config section:
      • Gain: should adjust the pair with a relative setting (when you move the pot by 5dB, both preamps should be turned up 5dB from where they were). The main display should have an option to move each of the two preamp gains independently
      • 48V: should be used as a pair. If it was strongly needed, the main display could allow individual switching, but I suspect they are never used independently
      • Invert phase: should be used as a pair. Main display can allow individual switching
      • Low cut: should be used as a pair (same setting on both inputs)
    • Gate section:
      • All controls exactly mirrored for both channels
    • Dynamics/compressor section:
    • Equalizer section:
    • Bus sends section:
      • For mono sends:
        • The level is matched for both, and the pair summed to mono
      • For Stereo Sends:
        • The pan control for linked sends should use the same lighting behavior as the 'width' pot for the equalizer, lights go out and in depending on the stereo width
    • Main bus:
      • The level is matched for the pair
      • The pan lighting should match the 'width' pot for the equalizer (and the new bus send pan behavior).

I welcome adjustments to this suggested implementation from the group, and definitely would love to hear if people think this is a good feature or not.

read more...
    0 15
    • burningbaal
      Paul_Vannatto The example in your first paragraph is incorrect. You are mixing up channel strips with physical inputs. On the X32/M32, you cannot assign another channel strip, only a physical input or a mixbus.

The X32/M32 channel strip is mono by design and cannot be altered by firmware upgrade to stereo. If you want/need that feature, you need to upgrade to the Wing, where the channel strip is stereo by design. The only other option is to use one of the apps (eg. M32-Edit) with the User layer.

Your suggested implementation is already available on the X32/M32 when channel strips are stereo linked (odd/even), except for the independent gain control.

Please understand that the X32 design is over 13 years old (10 years of production, 3 years of development) and we have been told many times that there is very little room in the DSP for any further significant enhancements.
      • Oct 25
      • Feature request for linked-mono fader feature
        burningbaal I think you misunderstood my opening paragraph. I realize channel strips cannot be assigned to other channel strips...that is a very confusing sentence; not what I was trying to say. I was, as you say, discussing the assignment of a channel strip with a given input.

You assert that firmware cannot change the channel strip to function as a stereo channel strip, but it's not clear to me why that is the case. Is there something specific to the hardware (wiring/circuitry) that enforces this rule? It seems firmware would certainly have the ability to adjust the behavior if they chose to write the code. FWIW, I work in product development in software engineering. I certainly understand firmware cannot change hardware, but I see no evidence there is a hardware limitation here
        • Oct 25
    • burningbaal
      Paul_Vannatto Your request has been asked before and we have been told that it is not possible to implement. This is due to either a hardware issue or lack of space in the DSP (we never got a solid answer of which it is).
      • Oct 25
    • burningbaal
      KevinMaxwell I understand your requests and it would be nice if they could do that. But since it looks like this might never happen here are a few thoughts and suggestions.

The fader fighting each other is not unique to this mixer almost all of the digital mixer I have used act this way. In the setup screen on the M32/X32 mixers under the Link Preferences one of the selections lets you select whether or not to link the Faders/Mutes of the linked channels.

I always have to remember when using an M32 to not grab both faders that are linked. It feels like I am going to break the motor on those channels so I don’t usually link the 2 channels. But now that I noticed that I can unlink just the Fader/Mute I will probably do that. And I would really like to not have the mutes linked because I find when I want to manually mute a bunch of channels I have a tendency to just hit the mutes one right after another and if I have channels that are linked what I wind up doing is hitting the left one to mute the channels and then without realizing it I hit the right channel and unmute it, oops.

If you don’t have a lot of stereo channels you can assign them to some DCAs if you have any left over.
      • Oct 26
        burningbaal Thanks for the input. I guess I'm hoping that by articulating a specific implementation, it makes it a little easier for them to consider offering the feature.

I wasn't aware you could unlink the faders/mutes. I don't think I want to unlink the faders as I do want them generally matched. But I agree with your thoughts around muting; I may unlink the mutes.
        • Oct 26
        KevinMaxwell the fader and the mutes can only be linked or unlinked together.
        • Oct 26
  • New
    soundman222222222
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-19

Why is it that you only offer a 1 Year warranty for Midas M-32 in Malaysia store but a 3 year warranty for M-32 on Musictribe.com ? Also noticing other warranty periods have changed since purchasing. Example Klark Teknik Square One Dynamics had a 10 year warranty when I purchased multiple units but when you look up the product now it only says 3 year ? Not to mention all 4 of my units have been back for repair at least 2 times or more. The last time I had one serviced Music tribe claimed they didn't have my registration which was also false. Why is it that the Music Tribe is doing everthing possibe to not honor warranty periods ?

read more...
    0 15
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

he good

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

hello link

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

hey www.resumehelpservices.com

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

good https://www.resumehelpservices.com/

• Nov 3
    • soundman222222222
      harryjames892

Hello [url=https://en.wikipedia.org]English Wikipedia[/url] [resume writers review](https://www.resumehelpservices.com/resumewriters-com-review/)

• Nov 3
  • New
    rogerpedrol1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

Hi,

It is safe to update an HD console form 1.12 to 1.21 straigth or we have to pass every single update to reach 1.21?

Best regards,

roger

0 14
    • rogerpedrol1
      Dale_M Hi Roger I will double-check with the design team for you and advise.
      • Oct 18
    • rogerpedrol1
      Dale_M

Yes it is safe to jump to 1.21

• Oct 18
  • New
    Chirro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-14

I know that I can use an unused FX to send my channels, and I can turn on the SOLO button in the Master Bus of this FX to route to headphones out (Monitor), but if I do this, all the channels sound in MONO, not Stereo, all in the center, no PAN. I would like this to be Stereo.

I supposed that if the FX bus is stereo and the monitor/headphones out is also stereo probably there is a way to do it.

I'm able to SOLO a single channel and hear it in stereo, but not the whole FX bus mix.

Does anybody knows if this is possible?

read more...
    0 14
    • Chirro
      GaryHiggins what mixer?
      • Oct 15
    • Chirro
      Chirro Sorry. MIDAS MR18
      • Oct 17
    • Chirro
      Chirro

Hello. I’ve found a solution that works as I need in my MIDAS MR18.

My native language is Spanish so I will try to explain in English the best that I can. Please forgive my mistakes.

You have to sacrifice the SOLO button behaviour and 2 of the 4 FX buses, but you will get 8 (yes eight) real MONO aux mixes with physical outputs or 6 MONO and 1 STEREO monitor outs (what I want).

In a live mixing situation, I usually only use 1 FX as general Reverb and never SOLO any channel, so it’s Ok for me.

This guide is using the program Mixing Station, but you can get the same results in the MIDAS official program.

The first step is setting the monitor (headphones) output source from a pair of buses (for instance Bus 5/6) in Console Setup. This way you get an STEREO mix on your headphones or 2 separate MONO mixes (L and R).

The second step is routing 2 FX SEND buses to the physical Aux outputs 5 and 6 in Output Routing. I set FxSnd 3 to feed Aux Out 5 and FxSnd 4 to feed Aux Out 6.

Basically, that’s all. Anything you send to FX 3 will sound by physical Aux 5 out, anything you send to FX 4 will sound by physical Aux 6 out, anything you send to Bus 5/6 will sound in STEREO by physical Headphones out.

Things to consider:

1.- As I said before, you can’t use the SOLO button, also, you have only 2 FX for the mix.

2.- If you want to use an STEREO mix in your Headphones (good for inears) I recommend you to LINK buses 5 and 6. This way you get PAN in bus 5 and
      you can place any channel in the stereo space, independent of the MAIN mix.

3.- You have to maintain FX RETURN faders (in FX 3 and FX 4) with NO level, or better, exclude from LR Main mix. This way, this monitor mixers don’t go out in Main mix.

4.- You have to change the way ALL channels feed FX 3 and FX 4. By default, every channel goes After Fader to every FX and PostEQ to the Aux buses. Change EVERY channel to PostEQ for feeding FX 3 and FX 4. This way the sending of those channels are not affected by Main mix fader levels.

5.- If you prefer 8 MONO monitors don’t link buses 5 and 6 and use a special cable to separate channels L and R from Headphones out.

6.- After doing all these things you can use LAYERS to rename, reorder and show/hide what you want. For instance, hiding FxSnd 2 and/or renaming FxSnd 3 to Mon 5, etc.

And remember, you always can save all this changes in a Scene.

If you need further explanations, please let me know it.

• Oct 19
    • Chirro
      Chirro

Sorry for the composition.

• Oct 19
    • Chirro
      Chirro

When I can, I will edit the message to be more readable.

• Oct 19
  • New
    FHarris
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-09

New Radio Teacher here. I have a MIDAS M32 mixer in my control room lab. The previous teacher left no instructions, no book, no support tech number. I need assistance from a local service installer to come to the school. My assistant teacher and I need a full tutorial on how this mixer works and need to know if it is actually operating. Please send help. Looking for recommendations of who we can contact.

- Ms. Farrah Harris

Email: [email protected]

Radio & Television Production Instructor

Harper Woods High School CCI

Harper Woods, Michigan, USA

read more...
    0 4
Go to page