Statistics

298,888 members
182,568 posts
  • New
    ZachChill
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-18

I know this console was always explained as allowing 8ch over Mackie HUI, but in the recent years I've heard of people using OSC and perhaps other protocols (MIDI CC?) to unlock significantly more of the X32/M32.

Today, is anyone aware of a means to have my M32 control Studio One (faders, pans, mute, solo) bidirectionally?

I love this console, but is primary use in my studio is:

1.  Playing music from my iPod to the studio monitors.

2.  Acting as a giant AD / DA converter for my outboard gear.

3.  Providing extra preamps for drum tracking.

It's great for those tasks, but otherwise, it's somewhat sad that the console can't do more for me.  I guess I bought it more for the "studio" and less the "live" setting.

read more...
    0 98
    • ZachChill
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Zach, yes you can use OSC and/or midi to fully integrate the M32 with a DAW (depending on the capabilities of the DAW of course). Since Reaper is fully OSC compatible, Patrick has developed an excellent tool called X32ReaperAutoMate found here:
      https://x32ram.com/
      I'm not sure if Studio One is OSC compatible. If not, you could use the X32 Midi implementation. A summary can be found here:
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x32_midi_table
      Another solution is Patrick's X32Commander app, which converts between OSC and midi. This can be found here:
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32#h.r68amr6oyxcg
      • Jan 18
    • ZachChill
      ZachChill I was able to get m32 to send values for fader and mute, but could not get ur working the other way around. Patrick has a midi2osc that I'll try tomorrow. One thing I noticed was that Solo doesn't work. I'm assuming that's not supported in Midi?
      • Jan 19
    • ZachChill
      Paul_Vannatto The M32 midi implementation is very limited. To get full access, you need to use OSC (its mother tongue).
      • Jan 20
    • ZachChill
      ZachChill

I got faders and mutes (and mute groups) working in Studio One w/M32. This should do what I need and if Presonus implements OSC, I will gain more functionality. Thanks for the assistance.

• Jan 22
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

My church has a Midas M32 connected to a DL32 stage box via AES50A with the HUB4 (with 4 DP48s connected) connected via AES50B.  While the AES50A routing works great, I'm finding the routing for AES50B defaults back to the factory default even on saved scenes (with no recall safes enabled).  Nearly every time I power-on the board and recall a saved scene, I need to reset the routing on the AES50B tab.

Has anyone else experienced this...is there something I need to do to ensure this routing stays intact?

read more...
    0 25
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto Check to make sure there are no safes enabled that would inhibit the AES50 B routing when loading the scenes. I can assure you that both A and B AES50 routing are saved in scenes. If you want to verify that, export your scene to a file and look at it with a text editor. Line 20 will be the AES50 B settings.
      • Jan 15
    • jjfredrick
      LisaHopper

Can either of you explain to me how to route AES50B for sending audio to my DN9650? I'm receiving audio through AES50A from my DL251 stage box, but not sure if I've got AES50B patched correctly to DN9650.

• Feb 24
  • New
    RegisPlanque
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-12

Hello!

does anyone know if there is good practice rules to avoid the M32 OSC overflow described here (https://trello.com/c/bY9eKgR2)?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but softwares like M32Edit or davidgiga1993's Mixing station on Android do use OSC protocol?

So if i'm correct, those softwares make a safe use of OSC communication, at least a use that avoids this bug. Because they can run for days without crashing the M32R.

So if anyone has ideas about those good practice rules, they are welcome.

Background of my question: I am developing a surround algorithm that send OSC messages to a M32R (v4.06) in order to dynamically change busses sends level of several tracks (to several busses). This is dynamic surround, so the sends level change continuously. That means a lot of OSC messages, about 1000 messages/second. During my stress tests my M32R freezes about every 10 minutes. Even if I change the update rate to 500 messages/second. I have checked that the ethernet bandwidth used by my surround application is nearly the same as when M32edit runs, so this does not seem to be exagerate.

I have tried to be the as safe as possible. I use a direct cat5e cable from my computer to the M32R. No switch/router/wifi, only one câble.

Thanks a lot

read more...
    0 240
    • RegisPlanque
      Paul_Vannatto M32-Edit, Mixing Station and other 3rd party apps don't send near that many messages per second. They would only send changes to the console when the user makes changes (maybe 1-5 per second at most). For retrieving current state, they use the subscribe command (must be refreshed at least every 10 seconds) which tells the console to send the requested data of any changes constantly (see Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol document for details). For retrieving meter movement, they would use the respective /meter command and then decode the blob data sent from the console. Another thing that we have learned is to add a short delay (5-15 ms) between commands sent.
      • Jan 12
  • New
    Felipe76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-11

Hi, I'm FOH operator for C Tangana, and we are going to start our new international tour.

I'll like to do it with the HD96 this time, but I have a few doubts.

We need to record about 96ch and have the ability to do the virtual soundcheck every show.

With dante I only can risk 64ch in and out. I could use 2 computers, but in 2022 it doesn't seem like a solution for every day of a tour

There is a Audinate's Dante PCIe-R Soundcard, but has been discontinued and support for this product will cease on 17 December 2022. So I'm not going to buy this expensive card for less than a year.

So my question is, is there any other solution to make that possible? I'm sure there is, but I don't know how to do it.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 28
    • Felipe76
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. There is one solution I can suggest. You can use 4x DN9630 AES50>USB interfaces. Each one can handle 24 channels bidirectional at 96kHz for 96 channels total. The HD96 has 4 native AES50 ports so you'd use those for the DN9630 units. Then to connect your I/O I'd recommend using a DN9680. If you have further questions please feel free to submit a technical support ticket through the Support link at the top of the page.
      • Jan 11
    • Felipe76
      GaryHiggins 96 ch live?, really? What is the set up?
      • Jan 12
  • New
    Drappoc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-08

I have a M32r which I use in my studio as the mixer and audio interface into a mac mini and logic pro x using the DN32-usb card and all is wonderful.... works great.

My problem comes when I tried to use my new iPad Pro as the DAW host (using Cubasis 3) to capture the raw audio of a live band at a show. (didnt want to pack up the mac, keyboard, mouse and monitor etc) but no matter what I did the DAW did not "see" the M32..... what am I doing wrong? is the M32 not compatible with the new iPad?

read more...
    0 111
  • New
    BerndVanPraet
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-06

Hi All,

So this week I took some time to measure out the latency in of the HD system with all the options you can activate and disable.

So for pure FOH I don't think there is any issue of setting a lot of latency on the system.

But I'm doing several bands that I do FOH and MON IN-EAR mixes from the same console.

And I like doing a lot of special routings now it's possible:

2 Kicks Mics to Kick Bus (Flexi Aux/Group) to Drum Bus (Aux/Group).

In this way you have around 4.35 ms from Input to LR with 'insert compansation' on both 'flexi aux channel' and 'aux channel' set to '1'.
    This is FOH side

For IEM Mixing I'm just doing Input to Aux and not using any of the internal plugins at the moment.
    So does this Aux Channel get's affacted by all the settings of de Delay Compensation settings ?
    This trip from Input to Aux is around 2.35ms I guess, need to do some more detailed measurements.

If I switch 'Align All Outputs' will this take everything to the extreme ?

Some more information about the latency compensation would be very helpfull

Or the possibility to choose how all the latency will be compensated in different scenarios.

read more...
    0 31
  • New
    Midaspro6
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-04

Looking for a psu for a pro 6

0 36
    • Midaspro6
      Nigel67 Hi Midaspro6. Please contact our Midas Partner for the country in which you reside or you can submit a spares request to the Parts Team. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks.
      • Jan 4
    • Midaspro6
      Midaspro6

Already done that and I get responses but no one will finish up waiting on someone to invoice me so I can pay and have it shipped

• Jan 5
    • Midaspro6
      Midaspro6

0049800004698 My number that’s was given to me

• Jan 5
    • Midaspro6
      Midaspro6

Re: Case CAS-509434-M2P1G9  -  PRO6  - Power supply 

• Jan 5
      • Pro 6 psu
        Nigel67 I just checked your case and it looks like a colleague has ben in touch with you already and everything looks in hand.
        • Jan 5
    • Midaspro6
      Midaspro6

Got it all taken care of thank you

• Jan 5
  • New
    ralonzo32
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-04

I seem to only have control using main volume control. Not sure why I can't control the individual channels volume.

0 111
    • ralonzo32
      Nigel67 Hi ralonzo32. Are you only sending audio from the inputs to main outputs, i.e you are not sending any audio to busses. If so, could it be that you have the mixer in fader flip mode. The faders in this mode turn into bus level sends, but if you do not have any audio going to busses you will not notice any audio changes and also pulling the faders down will not affect the main mix send. I would try initialising the mixer (not a factory reset)(save your showfile if needed) and then send an input to the main outs and see if the fader controls the audio. If not, can you send a copy of the show file and we can look further at the issue.
      • Jan 4
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-02

I had a gig NYE and I noticed that my board clock was not not accurate?  It showed about 15 minutes slow, that was a first?  The mixer is about 6 years old, give or take.  I am wondering if there is an internal battery that occasionally needs replacing?  A quick look at the manual did not show anything or a replacement proceedure.  Any help would be appreciated.  TIA

read more...
    0 40
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the clock uses an internal battery (CR2032).
      • Jan 2
      • M32R  Battery?
        MarkNorgren Thanks Paul! Any instructions on the best way to get at it? Will that void any warranty? Why is it that there is no documentation on replacing?
        • Jan 3
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Mark, very good question about the lack of instructions, which many of us have been asking for years (the Wing doesn't even have a full manual yet) and the trend seems to be getting worse, not better. I personally have not had to change my battery (yet). So I can't provide instructions. But I do believe there are a few YouTube videos about dismantling the X32 and possibly the M32. The battery is internal and I think it is located on one of the daughter boards. Sorry that I can't be much more help.
      • Jan 3
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren

Thanks Paul! I'm hoping someone from MIdas sees this question and answers it. I don't want to open it up and find out that the warranty is void! I could not find anything on YouTube, but I'll look again.

• Jan 3
  • New
    byTschus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-25

Hey guys

We are planning to use in ear monitoring mix over the Midas M32 mixbuses. The app M32-Q would be optimal for controlling the buses. But there are no updates and it is not supported by the newest iOS anymore... 

Is this app dead? Will there be an update in near future? 

read more...
    0 108
    • byTschus
      Paul_Vannatto It would be better to use Mixing Station, since it is constantly being upgraded.
      • December 25, 2021
    • byTschus
      byTschus

Yes I know this app, but this is to complicated for simple sunday church musicians. And you can do to much on this app...

• December 25, 2021
    • byTschus
      Paul_Vannatto The secret is to purchase some inexpensive android tablets and have them already setup for the musicians. I do that for "old school" musicians for a jamboree I do sound for 8 times a year, and they have no problem with using it.
      • December 25, 2021
    • byTschus
      byTschus

A good solution, didnt think about that. But it is still not my favorite solution. The musicians are playing at least one times a week and i would prefer, that they use their own devices. Is the M32 Q app officialy discontinued?

• December 25, 2021
    • byTschus
      Paul_Vannatto The MX-Q was supposed to replace the X32-Q, M32-Q, X-Air-Q and M-Air-Q. But I don't see in in the AppStore.
      • December 25, 2021
      • M32-Q support/update?
        GaryHiggins It’s still available for iPad and iPhone, search Behringer X32. I still have on my iPad but have not used it in a very long time. It works on iOS 15.2
        • December 25, 2021
      • M32-Q support/update?
        byTschus It works but it is a little bit bugie. For example: The names of the channels are under the color mark of the channel...
        • December 26, 2021
Go to page