Statistics

289,868 members
172,434 posts
  • New
    JosephEChristen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-04

M32 edit won't start arter Windows did an update.

I've tried to uninstall it and reinstall several times with the same results?

Anyone have any ideas?

0 58
    • JosephEChristen
      Paul_Vannatto Go to the following folder and delete it, then re-launch the app
      C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\M32-Edit
      (substitute with your username)
      • Jun 3
    • JosephEChristen
      JosephEChristen

Edition Windows 10 Pro
      Version 21H1
      Installed on ‎10/‎11/‎2020
      OS build 19043.1706
      Serial number PF1DNP58
      Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

• Jun 3
  • New
    Gaffer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-03

Hi there, are the showfiles made on an m32R compatible with loading on an m32 full?

I need to prep a gig and I need to hear the master and monitor mix so I have an m32R available to prep the showfile.

at the venue there is a m32 full-size whitch is the only one available.

so can i migrate a showfile between the two desks?

read more...
    0 126
    • Gaffer
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Gaffer, you most certainly can use a scene file from an M32R on an M32 full. The only significant difference are the physical inputs and outputs of the consoles. If you are using stageboxes, it probably won't matter.
      • Jun 3
  • New
    alexgtx69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-28

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has a solution or has had the same issue. I'll start with what we own.

Midas M32 x1

Midas M32R x2

Midas DL32 x1

Midas DL16 x2

I can connect with ethernet to all of our DL's. One of our M32R can only connect via AES50 B, it will not connect to anything via A. 

Our last M32R will not connect to anything via AES50 A or B.

Has anyone ran in to this issue, is there a simple fix? Or do we just have to send our equipment in to be service?

We are a pretty busy AV company, so these have been used over the last 3 or so years pretty heavily. Everything is in roadcases and taken care of pretty well. 

Thank you

read more...
    0 132
  • New
    ARP101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-25

Is there a way to record one track, and listen to that track as you record another? Is this a routing question or is it even possible to do without a DAW?

0 11
  • New
    vmorgan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Hi,

I have a Midas 32R that I'm demoing at a house of worship that is transitioning from a board that has 1/4" outputs. I did not have enough 1/4" female to XLR female adapters so I decided to use the AUX Outputs on the Midas to set up the monitor mixes.  I patched MixBus 1-5 respectively to each of the Aux Outputs 1-5 and set the tap point to PreFader + M. I can control the individual channel volume in the mix, however, I cannot control the overall mix volume. Is there are setting that I am missing?

read more...
    0 9
    • vmorgan
      Paul_Vannatto Either there is a routing error or a parallel signal path. The best thing to do is to export your scene to a file, save to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the shareable link in your next post. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • May 18
    • vmorgan
      vmorgan

Thanks. I factory reset the mixer. The issue was due to the tap point for the MixBus. The factory reset set the tap point for the MixBus to Post Fader. I now have Master control over the mix.

• May 19
  • New
    tdukstein
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Does anyone know if there is currently a training course for the m32, I currently run one thru a few production companies but feel i could improve my navigation around the console as well as patching capabilities.

0 8
    • tdukstein
      Paul_Vannatto M32 and X32 DSP (screens, routing, etc.) are identical. So any X32 training also applies to the M32. Only the control surface (faders, knobs, etc.) preamps and physical outputs are different. Therefore any X32 training will also apply to the M32. Drew Brashler has a number of excellent tutorials on YouTube.
      • May 18
  • New
    kenspi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-16

We would like to connect a pair of stage boxes to the M32 in a house of worship. Ideally it would be one DL32 and one DL16.

My intention is to have the DL32 backstage to handle all of our FOH outputs as well as our stage monitors and IEMs, plus the inputs from wireless mic receivers also installed backstage.  The DL16 would be on the stage to handle inputs from drums and other instruments, plus utilize the Ultranet connection for personal monitor mixers.  The stage boxes would have a connection to the M32's AES50 A & B jacks.  Are there any limitations on this setup, such as total usable inputs/outputs? Are there any benefits or down-sides to connecting each to a different AES50 bus?

read more...
    0 19
    • kenspi
      Nigel67 Hi kenspi. AES50 at 48K allows 48 channels bi-directionally so there would be no limitations at all connecting a DL16 and DL32 in series with each other. The only reason that I can think of for connecting the DL16 to AES50 A and DL32 to AES50 B on the M32Live would purely be for the possibility of damage occurring to the AES50 cable between the DL16 which is on stage and the DL32 which is backstage. What I am trying to say is that is may be easier to route the cable direct from the M32 to the DL32 than go from the DL16 to DL32. Apart from that, except for the physical routing in the patching page of the M32, either way is identical.
      • May 15
  • New
    JTF4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-14

Hello!

Does anyone here have the OSC control documentation for the midas pro series? I'm working on integrating them into companion, but I'm having trouble digging up good references on their protocol.

0 15
  • New
    stefaniaoctaviana
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-09

Hello, I'm a customer from Romania and I want to buy an Midas M32 Live console but I can't find any. Can you give me an approximate date when the console will be available to purchase in Europe? Thank you! 

0 11
  • New
    Miradorabe23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-03

Bonjour,

Ma table Midas X32 LIVE n'est plus reconnue par mon Mac. J'ai l'habitude de faire des enregistrements dessus avec la cable USB et tout d'un coup la table n'est plus visible par le Mac (il n'y rien qui apparaît lorsque je branche le cable USB). J'ai déjà changé d'ordinateur, de cable USB etc... mais rien ne change.

Pourtant l'enregistrement avec les cartes SD marchent nickel.

Merci!

read more...
    0 17
    • Miradorabe23
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that you have the USB cable from the X-Live card plugged into a USB 2.0 port in the Mac. It doesn't work very well in a USB 3 port.
      • May 4
Go to page