Statistics

298,886 members
182,566 posts
  • New
    Jsidoti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

How do I start a ticket to replace some encoders? Have a Pro 2 with ghosting on gain, high pass, low pass, eq, dynamics, aux sends etc. I don't suppose a software update would change anything?

0 53
    • Jsidoti
      DavidKnighton Hello Jsidoti,
      The issue is going to be hardware related, not software. The actual encoders will need replacing. Click the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page, then scroll down and click SERVICE REQUEST to submit a ticket.
      • January 28, 2021
  • New
    reggie1024
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hey,

My m32 console is under warranty but everytime i fill out the form on here it never loads. I only get the spinning wheel in the middle of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this or is there any other way i could get this done?

Thank you

read more...
    0 55
    • reggie1024
      KyleJohnson Hi Reggie, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I'd try clearing your cache and cookies, and try a different web browser if you can.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    Regie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hello, 

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to my DL251 and my Midas Heritage D(96K mode), the all 48 input and the 16 outputs simultaneous ? 
    If it's not possible, can program my DL 251 to have 8 outputs and 40 inputs ? If's possible, how can I do that ? 
    Thanks 

read more...
    0 125
    • Regie
      DavidKnighton Hello Regie,
      You should be able to connect the DL251 to an HD96 just fine, with full channel count. You would need 2 lines of AES50 in total.
      • January 27, 2021
      • Midas DL251 - Routing and patching
        Regie Hello DavidKnighton, thanks for your answer.
        • January 28, 2021
  • New
    DamienKyle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Greetings all. 

Having difficulty with output routing. I have a multitrack session routed into desk from Reaper and I'm trying to send my stereo mixdown from M32R back to a couple of inputs on DAW through the USB card. Possible? 

0 83
    • DamienKyle
      GaryHiggins I don't use reaper but if you have free tracks available I think you can. Probably best to use the "user" routing menu so as you don't eat up another 8 ch block to get those 2 ch's. Use perhaps the ulranet or aux out routing menu and make direct out of Main L/R post fader as 2 of the ch's along with 6 other sources you also need for your recording. In the card out routing choose that user block for 8 card outs Say you use direct outs of ch's 1-24 for the first 3 card banks, then make bank 4 be your user bank. Make it be direct outs of ch's 25-30, then make Main L/R as ch 7 and 8 of that user bank.
      • January 26, 2021
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thanks, Gary. I have all the input channels stereo subgrouped feeding a stereo matrix and couldn’t see how to send the matrices back through the card to DAW on Output routing page
      • January 26, 2021
    • DamienKyle
      -mjk- When you're doing a mixdown, you only need 2 channels going back to the DAW. Pick a pair and assign the L/R bus to them. Then arm your mixdown track in Reaper and select the stereo pair you chose as the input. I use my X32 exclusively in the studio with Reaper and I do this every day.
      • January 26, 2021
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Well, yes. Reaper tracks are armed and ready to receive mixdown signals, it’s the routing from the Output patch page I’m asking about, ie. how to get these back through the USB card to DAW
      • January 27, 2021
      • M32R Live and Reaper
        GaryHiggins You need to use one of the 3 menus, out 1-16, aux out or ultranet out to be able to define Main L/R for 2 of your card outs. What does your card out routing use for a category now? You will need to free up 2 ch's of the 32 card out slots for Main L and Main R. Using "user out" lets you substitute only 2 tracks (from your chosen category) of the 32 card outs and retain 30 of them as they are presently. Maybe you can post your scene using dropbox or similar, would be much easier to help.
        • January 27, 2021
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thanks Gary. I’ve now got signal going into Reaper from desk. All good. I’ll get a proper look at it later.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2021-01-26

DP48 POE power supplies and injectors summary 012621

Original MT forum post link

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/62367/307197/dp48-poe-supplies-and-injectors-update

I tried to simplify everything below (I hope) from the original posts from May/Aug 2020. I also now own a Hub4 (they exist in the USA finally!) but these will still function as intended and can be used with DP48's. A less expensive way to remotely power the DP48's perhaps. The Hub of course has many other features. It was also next to impossible to find my old post which is the biggest reason I'm reposting this here today.

Update Jan 2021 

Device 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IZAQJG0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For use with inexpensive power/data splitters like:

Device 2

https://www.amazon.com/Passive-Injector-Splitter-Connector-Ethernet/dp/B07F82YK6P

These will work with a DP48 by using the powered device (1) for the power source for the injector. These are VERY handy because they are compact and they plug into any outlet directly. Connect the power out section to the injector device (2) then connect your aes50 data cable to the injector, POE out port from the injector can now power the dp48, data cable from elsewhere (like a mixer aes50 port or second DP48 thru port) provides the data. Adding more DP48's up to Ia fairly high number (guessing 7+ like the P16's but I am not 100% sure of just how many exactly) You would need one of each for each DP48 line.

Link for for some background info on power ranges (and much more).

https://pinoutguide.com/Net/poe_pinout.shtml

Device 3 

https://www.amazon.com/Cudy-POE300-Injector-1000Mbps-Compliant/dp/B07VMCN87B

Works perfectly fine for both power and data, best perhaps for a single or a few DP48's

Device 4 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CAKJRTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Worth considering IMO for the power supply part ONLY. The price is fair enough just to use for power injector and store the other pieces for another day. The other parts DO NOT work for DP48’s. I originally was going to return it but kept it just for the power supply itself.

***It appears POE SWITCHES do not work AT ALL for passing AES50 data***            (thanks to Rex Beckett for confirming this)

Passive Injectors:

Device 4

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Injector-Combines-PoE-Connector/dp/B00EBCGJVW/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B00EBCGJVW&psc=1

It's a small passive device and works perfectly with the correct power supply, (wide ranges supported!) it comes without any power supply but works with the ones mentioned above or similar. These will also work with a 12V power supply and P16M’s

There are several other injector choices out there (and splitters) that supply power using 10/100 (no data on pins 4,5, 7 or 8) which will work for Ultranet (P16) devices ok but NOT DP48's. Important note for P16M: ONLY use a 12V dc power supply for P16 use!!! P16 is in one directional only. The ultranet appears to apply to only pins 1,2,3 and 6 OR it at least does NOT use pin 4,5,7 and 8 for P16 data.

Best POWER adaptor imo:

Device 5

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015NI5UG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

My injector of choice, 8 port:

Device 6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PDRLLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Summary. You need a power supply that gives at least 48v dc. The Midas Hub sends 52V. I suspect 48-60v is fine. 48v worked for me as did 60,54 and 51v. The injector needs to be Mode B (positive power to pins 4 and 5, negative to pins 7 and 8) and passive. Use the 802.3at spec (capable of providing higher power). For AES50 the injector needs to have all pairs "in" connected to all pairs "out" such that both data AND power are shared on pins 4,5,7 and 8. *AES50 and DP48's need all 4 twisted pairs connected in and out to work properly in both directions.

Thanks also to Josh Gibson (? Indiana) for the following 2 additional choices! Josh had a great post on how he wired these up in his system which I can't locate but I did copy a summary way back when: 

DP48 Poe  (Josh Gibson)

"So what you need to do is put a POE injector before each DP48. We did this by installing a 12 Port POE injector in our system rack behind the stage. Then I ran (2) Cat5E shielded cables to each floor pocket under the stage. So I run from Wing FOH to the POE injector Data port 1, then from POE port 1 out to the DP48 via floor pocket. Then back from the DP48 to POE injector Data port 2, and then just follow that pattern. This allows me to power up (4) DP48's and have just (2) Cat5E cables to each unit. No power supplies at unit, and no output cables. I get my output back from the DP48 to the Wing then route it so the D32 stagebox output, then route that output to my Wireless IEM transmitters for a stereo IEM feed. Its been working great. Total cable length is over 700ft. Longest single length is 205ft from FOH to rack. Then about 65-75 ft to each floor pocket."

Device 7

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PR9CBGL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Device 8

https://www.amazon.com/WS-GPOE-12-48v60w-gigabit-passive-Ethernet-Injector/dp/B00EQBR7M8/ref=pd_ybh_a_104?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2Y8RPP96FR8WJRH5R6SM

This info is correct to the best of my knowledge, although anyone who chooses to use any of it should do so completely at their own risk. Correctly described and explained or not, the above devices worked or did not work for me as stated.

read more...
    1 181
    • GaryHiggins
      DanielPaine Note to All.

There is no denying it is possible to POE DP48's using 3rd party devices, However ** Please be Warned ** if an incorrect Unit is used, it could possibly damage the DP48 and would likely not be covered by warranty. Therefor, Midas will ONLY recommend the Hub 4 or included Power supply. Using external POE adaptors is used at your own risk.
      • February 16, 2021
  • New
    OneLife
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-25

Hi,

how can i Senf my mix A and B back to my M32C to Senf it to my IEM?

In my M32-Edit i cant see the XLR Output sends.

Greets Heiko

0 60
    • OneLife
      DanielPaine By default, a single connected DP48 will output 8 channels back down the AES50 line:
      1-2 is Mix A, 3-4 Mix B, 5-6 Mic, 7-8 Aux.

If you link a second or third DP48, each devices output appears +8 channels down the same line so:
      9-10 is Mix A for the 2nd DP48, 17-18 for Mix A of the 3rd device etc.

To route those outputs out of the M32 requires simply assigning the returning AES50 port to the XLR output. For more complex routing where you might like to have a combination of DP48 outputs with desk outputs, check out the User In/Out feature.

It's also worth checking out the Hub 4 which becomes useful for physical outputs of 4 devices on stage and a common channel used for Talkback so all devices can hear. It also allows power over the cable so you don't need a PSU.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife Thank you.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife But on the M32C i could only use M32-Edit for Patching, but it dosent show me the XLR out if i online on the M32C only if i dont online.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife I have the latest versions on all things
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      DanielPaine What stage box are you using for inputs and outputs? Which XLR's you need the DP48 to go to?
      • January 25, 2021
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-24

I have searched the internet to find uses for the HUB4, as it's just advertised as part of an IEM system if you use a DP48. If you have a DP48 with an X32/ Wing etc... why would you need one? What could it do for you apart from save you using the Power Supply that comes with the DP48.

it seems that the HUB4 is just a very expensive power supply for your DP48's. ?‍♂️

read more...
    0 155
    • andyp13
      RexBeckett Hi Andy, the Hub4 does a bit more than supply PoE to DP48s. See the product page for details: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • January 24, 2021
      • HUB4 - a very expensive Power Supply
        andyp13 Thanks for the reply, that link just confirmed my thoughts, it’s an overpriced power supply for the DP48. I think a more realistic price should be about £199 max... it’s not needed to connect stageboxes when a stage box can connect directly to source without putting the HUB4 in between - unless of course you want it to supply power to it ?. A more realistic price needs to be considered.
        • January 24, 2021
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, that is not totally accurate. There are a number of routing options also available with the Hub4. It is particular useful when using wireless IEM's where typically the receivers are all housed in a flightcase. Adding a Hub4 (for up to 4 DP48), the DP48 outputs can be routed to the outputs on the back of the Hub4, which can then be connected to the wireless receivers. Another option is a StageConnect port to connect the new stageboxes, etc. (coming soon) that uses this new protocol.

Yes the price is a bit high. But it is a Midas product, not a Behringer product (and there is a difference).
      • January 24, 2021
        andyp13 It’s a real shame they have overpriced them, £500 is a lot of money to power your DP48 or use a mic cable instead of an Ethernet cable. I really fancied one as I have a DP48, but not at that price ☹️. The PD-16 powers 8 P16’s for £120, so £199 is a fair price for a very similar product under a different name don’t you think.... hopefully I will pick one up in a few years for a time for a realistic price when they can’t sell them. Thanks for the reply Paul, stay safe.
        • January 24, 2021
        DavidKnighton Hello andyp13,
        You're comparing apples to oranges in this scenario. The P16-D distributes Ultranet, which is a 16 channel digital audio over ethernet single direction protocol. The HUB4 distributes AES50, which is a 48 channel digital audio over ethernet, bi-directional protocol. Comparing the two side by side is like comparing a moped to a Harley Davidson. The HUB4 offers great versatility in environments where you want a clean setup. Imagine a tour where all you need is 1 ethernet cable to set up the DP48. Without the HUB4, you'd need to run power to the DP48, plus 2-4 additional XLR lines to return the signal to an IEM rack, plus the ethernet cable. You can imagine this creates quite a cable mess very quickly. The HUB4 has the potential to alleviate all that, and for touring professionals, the less cable clutter on stage, the better. To me, it sounds like what you're really after is a PoE injector. The HUB4 does way more than that, so if that's all you need of it, then it's not the right solution for you. Better to just use the included power supply that comes with the DP48.
        • January 25, 2021
        andyp13 Hi DavidKnighton, sorry but you are mistaken, the DP48 returns the stereo mix (in fact up to two stereo mix) back down the ethernet cable (connected via AES50), so no more extra cables are needed wether you used a HUB4 or not, you still would need cables to connect to your IEM system, they would be from your desk to the IEM brain or from the HUB4 to the IEM brain. The DP48 is powered via its Power supply or the HUB4 if you use one...so as you can see I’m comparing apples to apples. And I stand by the statement that the HUB4 is just a grossly overpriced power supply for the DP48, worth half of what is being asked, I’m sure the price will drop to what it’s really worth when they don’t sell ?.
        • January 25, 2021
  • New
    timeofsilence
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-22

Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?  Sorry if this has been discussed already.  

0 62
    • timeofsilence
      PedroRodrigues Hi timeofsilence Please be aware at this moment we cannot provide any information regarding any future releases, please keep checking our social media for any update on this matter. Thank you
      • January 22, 2021
      • X32 then M32, Wing then ?????  Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?
        timeofsilence Thanks for the reply :-)
        • ·
        • January 22, 2021
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-21

I hope I'm not the only one getting excited for the summer music festival season!  I'm looking for some recommendations to improve my wireless setup.  We currently use a Apple Airport Express for wifi.  It has been extremely reliable.  We do however have problems when we go outdoors and want to move away from the board for festivals.  We seem to loose signal 30-40 feet from stage.  I would prefer to keep the board on stage and mix from an iPad out front.

I have heard that some people use an access point, like an Ubiquiti, to increase wifi range?  I'm wondering what others are using and if you might recommend a product to use to increase our range from stage. 

Thanks and I hope people can get back to business and start making live music soon!

read more...
    1 59
    • MarkNorgren
      GaryHiggins Ubiquiti stuff is great, I use the Outdoor 5 usually and have for several years, distance is a non issue!
      • January 21, 2021
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi MarkNorgren they are arguably all different with access points as well as remote devices. My colleague who still engineered (pre Covid 19) settled for an Ubiquiti one.
      We would recommend a good line of sight & high positioning which helps as well as a Mac program like "Wifi Explorer" to assist the user in seeing the busy traffic issues present.
      • January 21, 2021
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi Mark Norgren they are arguably all different with access points as well as remote devices. My colleague who still engineered (pre Covid 19) settled for an Ubiquiti one.
      We would recommend a good line of sight & high positioning which helps as well as a Mac program like "Wifi Explorer" to assist the user in seeing the busy traffic issues present.
      • January 21, 2021
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren Thanks guys! It looks like the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-US is a replacement for the Outdoor 5? Can I just plug this into my Airport?
      • January 22, 2021
      • M32R and WiFi Solutions
        GaryHiggins Replace the airport with the Ubiquiti. Plan to spend some time with it, but it’s worth the effort.
        • January 22, 2021
        MarkNorgren Sorry for all the questions Gary. Are you saying that after config on my Macbook, can I plug the Ubiquiti directly into my M32R for wifi? No more Airport.
        • January 23, 2021
        GaryHiggins Sorry for not replying...just saw this now! Yes, no more airport...you probably have done everything by now :-)
        • February 28, 2021
    • MarkNorgren
      wavefront1 I've run @ MikroTik unit (METAL 5GHz) with (somewhat) hi gain antenna for years with rock-solid results - straight into the M32R. MAYBE SOMEDAY THERE WILL BE AN IOS APP AGAIN THAT WORKS WITH THE MODERN (4+) FIRMWARE. It's only been a year.
      • February 28, 2021
  • New
    angleton1stumc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I'm running a midas m32 with version 3.08. can I update directly to firmware version 4.xxx

0 79
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. But backup your scenes, snippets and presets first. Also make note of all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section.
      • January 20, 2021
    • angleton1stumc
      angleton1stumc Thanks for the information. I always have a backup for my scenes, snippets and presets so that is not an issue but when you say make note of the settings on the first for screens of the setup section do you mean that the upload of firmware will change those or is this a precaution only.
      • January 21, 2021
    • angleton1stumc
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the update to firmware 4.x will reset everything to factory default. Going forward, firmware 4.x has a new feature of backing up the complete console, including those Setup settings.
      • January 21, 2021
Go to page