Statistics

306,230 members
190,599 posts
  • New
    jmac06
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-31

I've did a firmware update on the Midas M32 about 2 weeks ago. Here Recently when I turn on the M32 and then turn on the DL 32 I was getting a popping sound. So I thought it was the ethernet cable or the cat5 cable. So I bought a cat 5E cable. But now when I turn on the board it isn't recognizing the DL 32 unless I go into the clock source and change it from AES50 A and back to internal. Am I supposed to do a firmware update on the DL 32?

read more...
    0 19
    • jmac06
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the AES50 cable (between the M32 and DL32) is shielded cat5e/cat6/cat7 with ethercon ends on each end and there is continuity between the ethercon ends.
      • Aug 31
      • Issue with M32 and DL32 connection
        jmac06 Yes the new cable is shielded and it’s a cat5e but there is no signal until I switch the clock source.
        • Aug 31
    • jmac06
      Paul_Vannatto Clock source should always be Internal, since the DL32 has no wordclock. Also get ethercon ends put on that AES50 cable.
      • Aug 31
    • jmac06
      jmac06

Yes I have ethercon ends on the new cable. And yes the clock source it’s always on internal but the new firmware update allows you to change it so i change it to AES50 A and back to internal and it syncs up but that’s the problem because It should sync up automatically internal.

• Sep 1
  • New
    pioneerworksav
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-08-31

hello

a client has an M32R that started doing a peculiar thing this morning - when they turned it on it began booting up as usual, and then it rebooted and started over the boot process, and then it rebooted again, and it never finished booting up.  they didn't change anything

they were able to update the firmware using the alternate mode, but it continues to reboot

has anyone ever seen this? 

is there a way to boot it in some sort of safe mode...? 

thanks

Bb

read more...
    0 6
    • pioneerworksav
      Nigel67 Hi pioneerworksav. It could be a power supply failure, the micro sd card needing reseating or maybe the MCU pcb needing to be reseated. I would advise submitting a Technical Support ticket and we will be able to help you further as the M32R may still be under warranty. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 5
  • New
    SoundmanRon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-17

I have a 2017 M32 that I use every week.  I used a friends 2015 M32 this week and the faders move 1/2 the speed.  Was this normal or what is different between them?

0 17
    • SoundmanRon
      Paul_Vannatto The difference is the firmware. Your friend probably has a newer version that included a fix that reduces the fader speed to help reduce wear and tear.
      • Aug 17
    • SoundmanRon
      KevinMaxwell In version 4.06 that I have on the M32 next to me at the moment in SETUP/Config there is an option to set it to fast faders. It will reboot the console and load the faster fader settings and if you uncheck it it will reboot and load the slower fader settings. I am OK with the slower fader settings. It seems to be loading a different fader firmware to change the speed, it is actually loading a fader resource file. It takes about 45seconds to load the file.
      • Aug 17
  • New
    SeraLuciferchik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-15

Hi. An accident happened. We have Midas PRO2c, but something happened with the memory card and now it gives an error: operation system not found. I downloaded MidasRecoverySystem_Pro_2_C from the official site, but it does not help. When I insert a flash drive with MidasRecoverySystem_Pro_2_C, the console says (remove disks or other media) and recovery does not start. Please help, what am I doing wrong?

read more...
    0 46
    • SeraLuciferchik
      jhight Not sure if you have resolved this or not, but it is a simple BIOS setting. With the console off, connect a USB keyboard. Power on the console and repeatedly press F2 until the BIOS menu comes up. Once in the menu, go to the last page and set the console to boot up using the compact flash card. Save, then power cycle the console and you're all set.
      • Aug 21
  • New
    WMV87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-08

for a theatreproduction we need an 'audiotech' on stage. This will be an actor mainly controlling ques, starts, fades and stuff. In FOH I will be controlling the overall sounds including headsets. Is there a way to sync two m32's? This way he can do all his stuff, but I will still have full control over everything. Sharing inputs is easy, routing his outputs to me is easy, but having full control from two places is not something I figured out yet. If syncing both consoles is not an option I can work without(I'll have a laptop to control his console), but I'm just curious if its an option. 

Hope someone has an idea.

read more...
    0 12
    • WMV87
      Paul_Vannatto Using the laptop (or tablet) is the only option available to control another M32.
      • Aug 8
    • WMV87
      KevinMaxwell Using the laptop (or tablet) the way that Paul suggests is the best and probably easiest way to do it and is how I would recommend doing it. For the last couple of musicals that I did I had an unmanned X32 Compact in the pit as the monitor mixer for the pit. I had control of it at FOH with a computer and I also let the video recording person hook up their computer so the pit mix to them could be controlled by them. I was using a WING at FOH.

There might be another way to do it but it would be more expensive and also not as flexible as just using a laptop or tablet.

There might be a way to do what you want over Midi if you add a (MSEP) Midi Solutions Event Processor. I use one between two different Midas M32 consoles with it setup to just send certain Midi commands from the main M32 to the secondary M32. They are next to each other and I go from the Main M32 Midi Out to the Midi in on the MSEP then the Midi out of the MSEP to the secondary M32 Midi in. I have only done this in one direction so I don’t know if it could be done with 2 MSEP one for each direction. Theoretically is should work but the maximum recommended length (50 feet) of a Midi cable if probably too short for your needs to allow for a cable run from FOH to the stage. The MSEP needs to be programed to only pass the Midi that you want passed between the 2 consoles.

To overcome the cable length restrictions there are Midi extenders available see this link -
      https://www.midiextender.com/ap_notes/Beyond%20the%20MIDI%2050%20ft%20Limit.htm

But the other issue is the Midi implementation (on the M32/X32) is limited so you might not be able to do everything you want. I was just making the main M32 control a few DCA faders on the second M32.

I have never tried this for actually usage but I am pretty sure if you were to be close enough or use a Midi extender if you just hook up the 2 consoles to each other thru the Midi inputs and outputs then every move (that Midi is enabled to do) should echo to the other console. But that is asking for trouble. You might have an endless loop between the 2 consoles kind of like an audio feedback loop. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean that you should. SO DON’T DO THAT!!!
      • Aug 8
  • New
    SionJones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-04

Hey all.
    We've been playing with a HD96-24 and it looks almost perfect for our needs, however I have two little observations and was wondering if anyone knows if such things might be adressed in a future update.

MIDI control.
    We cover live sports events, and on our current setup we use a little GPIO to MIDI box so that when the vision mixer cuts to a certain camera, the channel for the relevant microphone is automatically unmuted.
    For example, when the director cuts to the team manager, the camera-mounted microphone is automatically opened.

Currently on the HD96, MIDI control only allows recalling scenes, and not any other function. Whilst we could theoretically bodge something so that a certain scene is recalled, it's less than elegant, and could prove problematic since we use scene/memory recall for other functions.

Is there any update in the pipeline that might enable more functions to be triggered via MIDI?

One of the things we use scene/memory recall for is to change the state of various sends and master bus on/off for different sections of our shows. We have coverage in multiple languages, and need to tie in and merge different presenters and commentators to chat among each other to give a complete overview and introduction, before separating off into their own separate coverage.

The scene recall safe on the HD96 currently links the fader with the master bus on/off, so I can't recall the state for one without affecting the other.

Again, is there any idea on an update that might allow seperate recall safe of fader and master bus send?

read more...
    0 17
    • SionJones
      Nigel67 Hi SionJones. I will put these questions to the Design Team and get back to you shortly.
      • Aug 8
      • HD96-24 MIDI control and scene recall questions/minor gripes
        SionJones excellent, thank you.
        • Aug 8
      • HD96-24 MIDI control and scene recall questions/minor gripes
        Nigel67 Hi SionJones. At the moment there is not anything specific in the pipeline that would cover the two questions that you have made, but the Design Team are very interested in understanding your requirements and discussing any enhancements that could be made to the HD96. I am going to send you an e-mail today. If it is not in your inbox by the end of today, please also check your spam and junk folder. Many thanks
        • ·
        • Aug 9
    • SionJones
      KevinMaxwell Have you tried hooking up a computer (with a Midi Interface) to the Midi output port and using a program like Midi-OX and moving faders and pushing buttons to see if the Mixer is outputting Midi for anything? Some times there are somethings enabled that have not been made public yet and even sometimes hardly anyone in the company is aware of that. But it can be dangerous to rely on it to continue working if someone put it in there without it being known. It may get disabled in the next firmware.

I wanted to clarify what I was referring to. If you have what is firmware that a developer was playing around with something and it isn't documented you may not be able to rely on it not being changed without notice. If it is a documented feature then it shouldn't just disappear. I have hidden things in software I was developing that unless you knew where to look for them you would never find them. But they may be things that will not make it to the final release.
      • Aug 26
  • New
    Cblair819
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-03

Does anyone know if the Midas m32r has a Testing mode?     Think of an SC48 with its test mode.   

0 9
    • Cblair819
      Paul_Vannatto No it does not
      • Aug 3
    • Cblair819
      KevinMaxwell Years ago we thought we had something wrong with one of the M32 mixers that we had and support told us a key combination to press to put it into a self test mode. I don't remember what the key combination was but I will see If I can find out for you. and then see if it works with the current firmware.
      • Aug 3
    • Cblair819
      KevinMaxwell Well the fellow I work with that owns the 2 Midas M32 mixers that I have regularly used found the Key combination to put the M32 (I assume that it should work on the X32 also) into the Surface Test mode. It is - with the mixer off press and hold the Home, Meters, Routing and Setup buttons all at the same time and turn on the power while holding them. Let them go when you see the mixer start in the test mode. I am not 100 percent sure how you are SUPPOSED to get out of it but turning it off and then on again it comes back on like it should.
      • Aug 6
  • New
    rogerpedrol1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-02

Hi there, 

So we have 3 HD's in a Broadcast environtment and using automixer in AFL insert and SOLO config on PFL. I was expecting to have SOLO PFL but the insert of this automixer in AFL is causing SOLO following AFL too. Is that normal behaviour? Do other consoles work that way?

Best regards,

roger 

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    jacobi184
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-20

I have a single fader that has stopped moving when changing pages or fader flipping. The fader still works. The console still registers the movement when I manually move it up and down but it won't budge when changing which causes tons of problems. Any idea what could be the cause of it?

read more...
    0 16
    • jacobi184
      KevinMaxwell It sounds like the belt slipped off of the positioning motor. Do you know if there was a time when the fader wanted to move to a different position (like when switching layers) and there was something in the way and the motor may have fought to make the change. I think that can cause a belt to slip off or for the motor to have a problem.

There are some mixers that will fight to get the fader where it is supposed to be and other mixers that if something is in the way it will interpret that as the new position it needs to be in and not fight it.
      • Jul 21
    • jacobi184
      MarkNorgren FWIW, I just ordered a replacement fader from Sweetwater for mine. I was told a 4-5 month wait! I would check the belt as well.
      • Jul 23
    • jacobi184
      jacobi184

Thanks for the replies. It randomly started working again. Which makes me worry more because now I'm not sure why it stopped and why it started back...

• Jul 25
      • M32 Fader not automatically moving
        KevinMaxwell Strictly a guess but maybe the fader belt slipped just enough that is got lodged on the rim of one of the pulleys and then it slipped back down eventually when the fader was manipulated. How did the fader feel (when it wasn't working correctly) compared to the other faders when you moved it? Was it WAY smoother (no resistance at all) or was there a slight stiffness to it?
        • Jul 28
  • New
    cristtiah
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-07-20

Can I use the behringer stage boxes for the MIDAS 32R? With the scarcity of Midas stegeboxes is there any other alternative instead of buying a 100ft snake? Thanks

0 13
    • cristtiah
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can use the Behringer stageboxes (S16, S32, SD8, SD16) with the M32.
      • Jul 20
    • cristtiah
      joehughes00000 We have a DL16 and DL32 stage box that work well with our X32 console
      • Aug 8
Go to page