Statistics

294,688 members
177,810 posts
  • New
    vita
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-06

I am a midas Pro series user, but midas has a serious problem. There is no technical assistance here (Portugal/Spain)! this is a serious problem!

0 12
    • vita
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Technical support is available world wide by clicking on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Feb 6
      • Midas  technical suport
        vita Usually, when we have problems, we want a quick and effective solution. Taking the equipment to an authorized repairer. Other brands provide them.
        • Feb 6
  • New
    lufebatera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Hi Everybody,

I bought a M32C recently and I want to use on my DAW (Reaper) but not getting the RAW channels, I want to get the full EQ, gated, compressed individual channel from the M32c...its possible? So far, Im getting all the individual channels separated, but all PRE-EQ.

thank you!

read more...
    0 22
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto You need to first assign the channel strips using the Routing, Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out screens (eg. DirOut Ch 1) and change the taps (eg Post EQ). Then assign those blocks of 8 to the Routing, Card screen.
      • Feb 5
      • USING A M32C AS AN AUDIO DEVICE, BUT GETTING POS EQ CHANNELS...ITS POSSIBLE?
        lufebatera Hi, Paul
        • Feb 5
        lufebatera Thanks for you response...all of this routing is so tricky...sorry to say, but I still lost here...I didnt get what you said to me...
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, for any routing changes, always use the M32-Edit app (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), which can be found on the M32 product page ( https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BM8 under the Product Library, Software on right side).
      How many channels are you planning to record at any one time?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto With 32 channels you will need to use both the Out 1-16 and Ultranet screens to do this.
      Start with the Out 1-16 (in the Routing section).
      * Assign DirOut Ch 1 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 2 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 16 to Output 16
      Goto the Ultranet screen
      * Assign DirOut Ch 17 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 18 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 32 to Output 16
      Goto the Card screen
      * Assign Out 1-8 to the first block (Outputs 1-8)
      * Assign Out 9-16 to the second block (Outputs 9-16)
      * Assign Ultranet 1-8 to the third block (Outputs 17-24)
      * Assign Ultranet 9-16 to the fourth block (Outputs 25-32)
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera Hi paul! it worked..sort of..because now my in ear stopped working...because I use bus 5 and 6 as my in ear out put...but thank you! Im almost there!
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto What are your in ears connected to?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto It looks as though you have 6 XLR outputs to a Midas stagebox (DL32?). Are you using AES50 A or B? It would make it much easier to help you if you provided better details. Are you using any of the Aux Outs on the back of the console? Are you using buses 1-6 for your in ears?
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera sorry Paul, you are right...yes, Im using a DL32 on a AES50 A. Outputs 1, 2, 3 and 4, goes in a pair of PSM 300 for guitar and bass; 5 and 6 its me on drums, using a small mixer, just for amplifies the headphones.
        • Feb 5
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-04

This was a very interesting video from Dave Rat.  Thought people here may enjoy it.

M32 and the X32

0 17
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Interesting that he doesn't show them back together and working at the end. Hopefully he won't have warranty issues with that "borrowed" M32.
      • Feb 4
  • New
    stopedintorni
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01
    Hi guys! I just bought a MIDAS DL154 and wanted to connect it to my M32c which I have owned for 2 years. 
    The result was disastrous! Unlistenable audio (crazy distortion, like an extreme signal saturation) and above all a
    big problem on the mixer or the AES50 B port has remained "stuck" with an icon of an M32C which obviously is neither
    present nor connected. Whatever sticks to the AES50 B won't sync or work. I tried with S16 with DL154 nothing ...
    it doesn't work anymore. I checked sync, initialized the mixer, updated the firmware, nothing. HELP!
    read more...
    0 7
    • stopedintorni
      Paul_Vannatto Are you using the latest firmware for both the M32C and DL154? Also make sure the DL154 is set to 48Khz
      • Feb 1
    • stopedintorni
      stopedintorni

Yes, the problem was in the outdated FIRMWARE of the DL 154 which now works perfectly. Unfortunately there remains the problem of the AES50 B port of the mixer which does not want to unlock, shielded CAT6 cables, stagebox s16 connected but nothing ... Clock Master or Slave does not change anything, when empty the icon of an elusive X32C appears which when I connect the cable but it disappears without synchronizing anything ... I am heartbroken ...

• Feb 2
      • M32C and DL154 hard problems..
        KevinMaxwell Just a shot in the dark here but has the routing on the AES50b accidentally got changed so it isn't setup right at the moment? Look at the settings in routing for AES50a and try to match that for AES50b
        • Feb 2
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

My church has a Midas M32 conencted to a Dante network (via the Behringer X-DANTE card) which also includes a PC running Waves Tracks Live.  I am currently using Snippets to change the routing to record and playback.

I am curious if adjusting the Play/Record Inputs on the Routing menu (lower right of screen) is a better or more preferred way to manage the routing for virtual soundcheck in my application?

read more...
    0 7
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto I don't use an X-Dante card, but do use the X-Live card for recording and virtual soundcheck. I use the User In screen to individually assign all input, then assign the User In (blocks of 8) to both Routing, Inputs and Card screen (in identical assignments). Plus all channel sources are have the default assignments (chan 1 -> in 1, chan 2 -> in 2, etc.). That way the soundcheck signals from the X-Live card will always line up to the appropriate channel strips.
      • Jan 31
  • New
    S-Audio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-31

I use my M32r live primaraly for home recording. I am trying to figure out a way to setup a headphone monitor mix that is seperate from the XLR inputs that I am recording. I am printing a healthy file to my DAW so I  would like to have a better mix for monitoring. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Ron

read more...
    0 15
    • S-Audio
      Paul_Vannatto What exactly do you want to monitor?
      • Jan 31
    • S-Audio
      S-Audio

I am multi tracking in to the DAW card 1-8 and coming back into the board on aux 1&2 LR.

• Jan 31
  • New
    jeffreynorman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-29

Do the line inputs (ch17 and 18) pass thru the pro midas preamps? 

I would like to connect and record digitally with an external preamp without going thru two preamps to my DAW.

0 21
    • jeffreynorman
      Paul_Vannatto That is correct. Only mic inputs go through "mic" preamps. But if you need to stay in the digital realm, you need to connect the MR18 to the DAW (computer) using the USB. That is because the line inputs do go through an analog to digital converter.
      • Jan 28
    • jeffreynorman
      jeffreynorman

Thank you for confirming that! I love the Pro Midas pres, but also like using an external pre for certain applications without running through two preamps which can have unpredictable not so good results.

• Jan 28
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Having little luck getting the spares I need.

Anyone got any links please?

0 20
  • New
    schnudiesounds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

Hi musictribes,

is there a knwon issue with the compatibility of the MIDAS M32R connected via the Klark Teknik dn32 USB Interface to a MacBook with the latest M1 Chip? On my 2015 MacBook everything was fine, but with the new one, using the M1 Pro Chip it's just horrible. There is a crackle noise every second, sounding like to small buffersizes, but none of the configuration in my software (Reaper) can fix the issue. It's even crackling when playing music directly from the system wihtout opening Reaper. I've made the firmware update, but no improvement. Can anybody help me with that, please?

best, Sebastian

read more...
    0 12
    • schnudiesounds
      Paul_Vannatto I would suspect either a bad USB cable, you are running through a USB hub or converter, or you have the USB cable plugged into a USB 3 port on the M1 MacBook.
      • Jan 26
    • schnudiesounds
      schnudiesounds

Thank you Paul for the fast feedback. It's an interesting idea that i could check. Do you have a recommendation for a working adapter? btw.: this adapter works fine with my RME Babyface Pro, but may that's another story.

• Jan 26
  • New
    Benitunaru
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

Hello. I recently bought a Midas mr18. I'm not very good at sound, so I want to ask for help here. If anyone wants to help me with a complete preset for a channel (voice), or a preset with the most used effects when playing. Thank you

0 16
Go to page