Statistics

223,657 members
97,874 posts
  • johnd73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-14

Can anyone tell me if I can connect and control the X18 from two separate ipads at the same time so each band member can control their in-ear monitors?

Thanks!

0 24
    • johnd73
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can
      • August 14, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 Thank you Paul, I appreciate it!
        • August 14, 2020
    • johnd73
      PatMurphy There is an app called XAir-Q that controls just the monitor mixes...
      • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 Is that available for the ipad?
        • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 I have the X18, i’m not seeing any apps by that name
        • August 17, 2020
    • johnd73
      PatMurphy I belive the Xair-Q is for Android only. Sorry.
      • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 That’s ok, no worries, thx anyway
        • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station will work for android, iPad, PC, Mac, linux
        • August 17, 2020
  • Gangerd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-13

Is there a copilot version that works on android 8.1 ?

0 114
    • Gangerd
      Paul_Vannatto It works fine on both my tablet and phone with 7.1
      • August 12, 2020
      • Behringer wing and co pilot
        Gangerd I can’t even see it as an option in my play store 1.2 wont load and 1.1 loads but doesn’t go to searching screen
        • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Odd. 1.2 loads and connects fine here. It should work on any android newer than what I have.
        • ·
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd I put 1.2 in the wish area then tried to install and this is all I get
      • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto That load screen looks nothing like what I have. It has a black background with the Behringer logo and "Behringer" in orange in the middle.
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      NicJonesMT Hi Gangerd.
      Can you confirm the make and model of your Tab and the OS you are using?
      • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd I will post a pic of the information page when I get home from work
        • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd Posted
        • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd This is what I have
      • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      KlausMock I tested V1.2 on my Samsung TAB A with Android 8.1 and my WING on V 1.07.2. and I have no Issues so far.
      Regards
      • August 14, 2020
        Gangerd Unfortunately I do not have Samsung just a cheap tablet it doesn't even let me do updates ????
        • August 16, 2020
  • kirk2892
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

I have one channel on my x32 that isn't going out to the mains. I can't figure it out.

• I can hear the channel when I solo it.
    • I can hear the channel in the DCA that it is assigned to when I solo it.
    • It isn't assigned to any subgroup.
    • The fader is not mapped to a different channel.
    • The Stereo Bus and mono buss are both selected for that channel.
    • All the other channels are working.
    • There are no special routings set up.

Yet it is not going to the mains. I am mystified and don't know what to check?

Thanks,

Kirk

read more...
    0 27
    • kirk2892
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kirk, is there a DCA assigned to that channel? If so is that DCA muted?
      • August 12, 2020
      • x32 Channel not in Mains
        kirk2892 Thanks Paul. I will fix the DCA. Not sure why it is on 3 and 7. We recently moved a bunch of channels from the 2nd layer up to the 1st and whatever used to be there on the 1st layer was probably assigned to 3.
        • August 13, 2020
    • kirk2892
      NicJonesMT Hi Kirk. If you copy the channel for settings for Ch15 and move to say 13, do you have the same issue?
      If you remove any Mute groups or DCAs for this channel does this then allow the signal to pass through?
      Can you also confirm what FW you have installed?
      • August 13, 2020
      • x32 Channel not in Mains
        kirk2892 Thanks Nic. I will play with it Sunday. This board is at our Church. We did an update to the firmware after 4 came out but I don't know the exact version, but will check and report back. Thanks
        • August 13, 2020
  • ChrisGilbert99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

Hi, I have had my x32 rack for about 8/9 months now and I was using it for recording yesterday when all of a sudden it just shut off....

It powers on, just. I have to leave it a minute to power on but once it has done that, non of the inputs work. I've tried changing routing, updating firmware etc. and im not getting any signal from my microphone. What should I do?? I don't have my warranty info anymore because I didn't expect anything like this to happen within the first year at all and I can't just ring behringer either.

read more...
    0 20
    • ChrisGilbert99
      john0121 Hi Chris, John from Music Tribe here it sounds as though there has been a problem with the PSU which has led to the input boards not functioning correctly. Can you fill out the Service Request form via the Support button at the top of the page and a member of the team in your region can help you arrange a repair for this. Please note that for warranty repair you'll need to provide a copy of your Proof of purchase so if you don't have this you should contact the retailer you bought it from to see if they can provide you a new copy from the sales record.
      • August 12, 2020
  • BernardSlobodia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-09

Greetings,

I can play single files without a problem. If I select Play ALL, the Recorder/Player still only play single file.

Any idea ?

0 15
    • BernardSlobodia
      Paul_Vannatto Change from single to folder mode
      • August 9, 2020
    • BernardSlobodia
      BernardSlobodia Thanks Paul, but how am I supposed to do that ? Looked in the manual, looked in the Setup menus; tried to let the left pane with folders instead of songs in view: does not do the trick. I guess it's something pretty obvious I'm missing here !
      • August 10, 2020
    • BernardSlobodia
      Paul_Vannatto Using X-Air Edit (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi), on the USB Recorder screen, just under the file list is the Play Folder button. Select that. Using Mixing Station, select the ... (top right corner) and USB Player. Select the gear icon (top right corner) and change the mode from single to folder.
      • August 10, 2020
      • MR12 Playback problem
        BernardSlobodia Ok. At first I did just that with an iPad and it didn't worked. Now, with the software it does... Anyhow, thanks Paul !
        • August 10, 2020
  • leemilleriz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-08

when connected to the mac via usb nothing.  when using a cat 5 nothing, what gives?

0 34
    • leemilleriz
      DaveMorrison The USB port is only for audio (and some limited MIDI data). The connection over the Network port (cat 5 or WiFi) is only to control the mixer via an app such as X-Air-Edit—no audio over this connection. To check for basic USB connectivity, open "System Information" on your Mac. Look in the Hardware section for the USB area. You should see a entry for your mixer. Also check your USB cable. On one of my Macs, I've gone through 5 or 6 cables in the last few month. They work intermittently. I just got some new cables with ferrite chokes on both ends. So far so good.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz not sure what system information is, but I see the Boss BR800 on the bottom row of system preferences window but nothing there on the x18 or USB. Latest MacBook and system updates. I got this working once with the cabling but still not sure its right. I did unplug it and do some things then replug the USB and 'Loopback' saw it. that was a bit of progress. still, i need it to be rock solid.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz I found it once I searched where to look but there was no info on this right now. I have the systems off. I will reboot and turn all on and then look again. not sure if this will help but I will see. thank you for your kind response and help. still trying to get the x18 up and going.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz well! I found it there. also info about the usb hub. seems all the gear is usb 2, could be the hub but it look like its usb 3. so I think that the connection port on the x18 is loose, I'll think of something maybe to get it to firm up. I am going to set up a wired network with the TV monitor , the laptop, and certain pieces of gear and my internet HOME Phone wireless router. I live in the country and that's the best gig (100gigs anytime) for the buck. Once wired I'll see how things are with the X18.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      Saleya Lee, I cannot connect my XR12 to a Mac Book Pro via ethernet cat 5 when the wifi is on. I cut the wifi off (on the Mac), then the XR12 shows in xAir Edit. I connect it, and then I turn the wifi back on. Weird but this is how I could solve this problem.
      • August 11, 2020
  • joehooli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-07

I would like to use my ethernet connection to send outputs from my mains to a PC on the network.

Has anyone done that?  Also, what cables and interfaces do you need to hook up the X USB card to the network?

Thanks!

0 14
    • joehooli
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 ethernet port is for control only using the OSC protocol (via UDP). No audio is passed to it.

The X-USB card provides 32 channel audio (bidirectional) via USB only. If you want audio on a network, you need to invest in an X-Dante card.
      • August 7, 2020
    • joehooli
      joehooli Thanks! So I need a square USB to rectangular USB cord to connect to a PC, yes? Is it a special cable or generic? I have one left over from an older HP printer that might work.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Assigning outputs to x32 ethernet port
        Paul_Vannatto Yes a printer cable should work
        • August 7, 2020
  • servo386
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-07

Hi all. I know theres been a shakeup of the forums here so I thought I would just post and see if there was a good answer to my question.

I have seen various things on Youtube and other places of people using small microcontrollers like Arduinos and others to both send and receive commands from X32s. I have of course seen Patrick Maillot's site but it seems to be down now (404 from site.google when you try to go). 

My question is: where can i see the full documentation and code of one of these projects? Its proving difficult to find. Specifically, I need to rig up an Arduino that can react to different signals sent out by the X32, such as turning on a light when a certain channel is opened, or shutting off another. I am well versed in the GPIO side of it, I know how to write scenes for the Arduino, but I have yet to find any example code of one that controls or can read signals from an X32. I'd also like to make one that can serve as a trigger for the Talkback button, as the X-Touch controller does not have one.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 30
    • servo386
      DavidKnighton Hello Servo 386. While I'm not well versed in Arduino at the moment, I have seen various Arduino MIDI projects that could potentially fit your application. You can use the console's MIDI interface to send control commands out to the Arduino, and then the Arduino can be programmed to trigger alternate functions depending on which command is received. From what I have heard, you can MIDI map almost every control on the console, although I've never actually done so. There might be a forum or video on the web that can help with that. I'm sorry to say I don't have any links to provide you, but I will suggest a Facebook group called SYNTH DIY. The people on that page have come up with some surprising builds to control their synths. Also you might want to check out LOOK MUM NO COMPUTERS, as he's built some whacky MIDI devices using Arduino over the past few years. He keeps Arduino codes and build information up on his site if anyone fancies to try and build something similar. Hope this helps.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Controlling X32 with Arduino or other microcontroller
        servo386 This is very useful indeed, I had thought about MIDI too but im even less well versed in that but you're right, it might be the answer. Thanks!
        • August 7, 2020
    • servo386
      -mjk- Patrick's new site is https://x32ram.com/ He can be reached there.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Controlling X32 with Arduino or other microcontroller
        servo386 Thanks for the info. Seems Patrick has gone commercial now, though my use case doesn't involve Reaper so maybe not.
        • August 7, 2020
    • servo386
      Paul_Vannatto Hi, a few corrections on some facts.

First of all, Patrick has not "gone commercial". The X32Automate app is one of his commercial apps. His other website that has provided his many free apps to us all went down due to a Google glitch and he is now in the process of rebuilding that site from scratch.

Secondly, The X32 midi implementation is very limited in scope, particularly with the X32 triggering external midi devices. As far as I know, only cues can be setup to trigger midi events. Going the other way (external devices sending midi to X32), it is also very limited in what can be controlled on the X32 using midi.

:Edit: I just came across the X32_Midi_Implementation document and I stand to be corrected. The X32 can transmit midi when fader, mutes, mutegroups and pans are changed.

From what you describe, you need the OSC protocol, not midi. Fortunately, we have developed some OSC sketches for the arduino and other similar devices. Here is a link to one that a fellow forum member (and a friend of mine) developed from the OSC sketch that I provided.

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/84347/264519/osc-fx-control-pedal-connected-over-ethernet-for-xair-mixers
      • August 7, 2020
    • servo386
      servo386 Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
      • August 7, 2020
    • servo386
      -mjk- Thanks Paul. The reason that I mentioned his site so the OP could contact Patrick about a solution (which I thought would be OSC in the end). Patrick can make his WING turn on the coffee machine, hehe.
      • August 8, 2020
  • axeslinger1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-06

How long does it take to hear anything about a ticket for warranty repair?

0 16
    • axeslinger1
      RexBeckett It may take a few days in the current situation. You should have received a confirmation email within a day or two. If not, check your email spam/junk folder.
      • August 6, 2020
    • axeslinger1
      Nigel67 What was your ticket number and I can check for you
      • August 7, 2020
  • mross
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-06

Have a question..

I'm trying to remove the USB card on my M32R does anyone know what size and type of screwdriver I will need? Is it Hex or Touque?

Thanks

0 27
    • mross
      Paul_Vannatto On my X32, its a Philips (star).
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Interesting I tried a star bit and it didn't work
        • August 6, 2020
    • mross
      GaryHiggins M32’s use Torx, can’t remember the size but it’s a common one. EDIT: It’s a T10, I just tried one.
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        Paul_Vannatto Thanks Gary
        • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks as well Gary
        • August 7, 2020
    • mross
      Dale_M Should be a T10 standard across the range, you can always use an allen key as a workaround if you don't have the torx bits.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks Dale
        • ·
        • August 7, 2020
Go to page