Statistics

229,714 members
104,806 posts
  • New
    cyacoub
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-18

Where can I find the midi implementation for the X5 so I can program my midi controller to switch presets etc?

0 5
    • cyacoub
    • cyacoub
      WilliamR Hello, current midi mapping can be found in the settings of the Plethora unit itself under Global and midi.

Pedalboard select  MIDI PC:0→Board: 1 ~ MIDI PC:126→Board: 127

Board  CC 94 

Scroll  Down 64-127 ↓

Board CC95 

Scroll Up 64-127 ↑

Pedal 1 ON/OFF  CC102

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 2 ON/OFF CC103

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 3 CC104

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 4 CC 105 

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 5 CC 106

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Hot knob 1 CC 107

0-127 0-100%

Hot Knob 2 CC108

0-127 0-100%

Hot Knob 3 CC 109

0-127 0-100%

LOOPER RECORD CC110

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER PLAY CC 111

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER CLEAR CC 112

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER PAUSE CC 113

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5
      • 7 hours ago
  • New
    ChristianMonhei
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-15

Hello, I have my Ditto + for a month now and I love it.

I use it with my trumpet, so not a usual use of it but it is perfect for me. I have been using a lot of loopers ( 2 tracks, 3 tracks, serial, parallel,..) and I returned to the one track looper.

My wishlist for the Ditto + is :

- A momentary display of the overall volume when you change it, that way you turn the volume down and delete the loop wtihout hearing the start and put the volume back at it's original state (actually I have a Polytune 2 micro after the looper so I can mute the signal during deleting)

- Grabbing the value of the back level and then adjusting it otherwise I have big jumps in level when changing the value.

- The possibility of recording immediately when you start a backing track (I work most of the time with 8 bars backing tracks and I have to wait a first pass of the loop before I can record on the first beat of the first bar).

- Maybe storing the overall volume of a preset in memory.

- For the hardware, I prefer more friction on the knob.

- Changing the recording mode from rec/play/dub to rec/dub/play

I have a lot of TC Electronic pedals and I love the design of the minipedals, I love the knobs.

I used loopers with midi in connection for syncing with drum machines, because I launch 8 and sometimes 16 bars I'm very surprised by the stability of the tempo of the Ditto +.

And of coarse, I dream of a Ditto X2+, but I think I'm not the only one. A two button 1 track looper with all the features of the

Ditto + would the Rolls Royce of the 1 track loopers.

Thank you for your work.

Greetings from Belgium

read more...
    0 5
    • ChristianMonhei
      Dale_M Many thanks, we cannot guarantee their implementation but your comments will be passed over to the design team.
      • May 16
  • New
    logp
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-14

Hi guys,

How can I remove toneprints from my Plethora X5?

Will the new distortion pedal be awayable to X5?

Bet regards
    Peter

0 11
    • logp
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. When it comes to PLETHORA X5, please consider that each pedal “effect” in Plethora comes pre-loaded from the factory with all of the default TONE PRINT that the standalone stomp-boxes have. These “default TONERPINTS” will be displayed above the line on the TonePrint list when in edit mode and cannot be edited or removed from Plethora. Below the line, there is an editable list of TONEPRINTS which you can curate yourself with help from the TonePrint app. You can press and hold the TonePrint knob on a highlighter TonePrint to delete from the list.
      • Mon at 5:33 PM
      • Regarding Plethora X5 Toneprints
        WilliamR At the moment there aren't distortion pedals in the plethora x5.
        • Mon at 5:34 PM
      • Regarding Plethora X5 Toneprints
        nadampski Very helpful - I was wondering the same thing! Is there a single manual anywhere that includes all of this sort of info?
        • 11 hours ago
    • logp
      logp

Thanks for your great help WilliamR :-) It was exactly some of the toneprints below the line that I wanted to delete.

• 3 hours ago
  • New
    nadampski
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-05-12

I have a very old Boss OC2 that I modded about 30 years ago so that I could plug in another momentary footswitch. When held, this other footswitch would change the OC2 state to the opposite of whatever it currently was and then set it back when released.

This allows me to, for example, throw in a few notes with the octave temporarily turned on by holding the pedal down. I find it much more intuitive this way - I never found it natural to have to press the pedal again at the end of the phrase.

So... might this be possible now with the X5 and Sub'n'Up? I know it wasn't with the stand-alone SnU pedal but that didn't have the Mash footswitch.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    mojotronix
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-11

I am running a wet/dry/wet rig, and can't run my wet part to my satisfaction. It's rediculous that I can't run anything after my delay (killdry) without it being on. Can this be acheived in a firmware update, or is this more of a hardware thing? Thanks, Stan

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    jeffwhitfield
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-11

Hi there!

Just got a Plethora X5 today. Starting to play with the TonePrint app and was wondering where TonePrints are saved. What I'd like to do is be able to back them up somewhere. That way if my system crashes and burns I'll have a backup I can restore.

One other thing I'm wondering, which might be related, is how User TonePrints work with other devices. Currently, it appears User TonePrints are only saved on the device they were created on. For instance, if I'm editing TonePrints on my Macbook and switch over to my iPad I can't see and edit any of the TonePrints created on my Macbook.

I bring this up because having that ability might be a cheap and easy way to have a backup. If both my Macbook and iPad have a cached version of my TonePrints then if one crashes then at least one of them will have my TonePrints. At that point, all I would have to do is connect my device and make sure those TonePrints are synced to my Plethora X5 and then sync it up with the device that crashed and I'm back in business. 

Basically, there needs to be a way to make sure TonePrints can be restored should something bad happen. :P

read more...
    0 5
    • jeffwhitfield
      WilliamR Hello Jeff, At the moment, the user toneprints are stored in the app on the device it was created on. There are better solutions in the works by our development team that will be implemented in the future.
      • May 11
  • New
    kshyshieck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-10

Hello,

You have provided BYOD functionality by giving an FX loop which is great. However, as a bass user, I'm really missing a possibility to blend my drive into the chain, especially that I'm using 2 channels in parallel and it would be great if I could mix it without any additional tools.

Since there are 2 inputs and 2 outputs, it would be great to be able to cobine/split signals from those (one of my basses is dual-output). Perfect situation would be if I could assign some effects to input 1 and some to input 2 (or even some to both!). I have 1 and 2 output basses and I'm using either single or double amp configuration. It would be great if I could use Plethora X5 as centre and heart of my system regarding which bass and which amp configuration I'm using (1 input + 2 outputs, 2 inputs + 1 output, 2 inputs + 2 outputs).

But as a starting point parallel FX loop is good enough :D

read more...
    1 13
    • kshyshieck
      kshyshieck Actually having a blend option for FX loop would be better than parallel. And it's quite easy to add still.
      • May 10
    • kshyshieck
      PedroRodrigues Hi kshyshieck Thank you for your contact I will forward your suggestion to our developer team. Thank you
      • May 12
  • New
    Olags91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-07

So, I recently bought the quintessence second hand and thought it was reallt great. Everything worked exactly as it should. Then one day suddenly it started giving the wrong harmonies. For example when I put it in aeolian mode with a 3rd up it gives me a major third from the root instead of a minor. Also with a 5th up I can clearly hear that something is not right according to the scale I've chosen. There are anomalies on all the modes and all the scales. I have tried updating the firmware but with no luck. I tried taking it out of the pedal chain and running it separately from Everything. No luck. Does anyone know what might be the issue here or if it's possible to restore factory settings to see if that fixes the problem? 

read more...
    0 8
    • Olags91
      NicJonesMT Hi Olags.
      I think your best option would be to open a tech support ticket. We can then go through some trouble shooting with you to try and find the cause.
      If you click support at the top and scroll down you can then submit a ticket.
      • May 7
  • New
    dankerschen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-06

Hello! 

I'm really happy with my ditto+ but would like to reset it to factory defaults. Could you please provide instructions?

Alternatively could you tell my where to fund the complete manual, not the quickstart manual?

Thanks 

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    calumduncan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Hi there,

I've been using a Ditto X4 extensively live and in the studio for 4 or 5 years now, but unfortunately over the last couple of years I've been struggling with digital noise being added to loops that can't be removed. I tried updating the firmware last year, as well as doing a factory reset, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

It's now got to the point where I need to replace the unit as the noise really interferes with my practise. Ultimately, I would love to buy another X4 as I love the functionality of the pedal and I find it a really creative tool. However, having encountered such a wealth of similar issues with other users online, it's hard not to be nervous about getting another one.

I was wondering if these problems are something that you guys have managed to fix in recent times with firmware updates or if these bugs are still a common occurence? 

As I say, I love this pedal and would really like to continue using it.

Many thanks,

Calum

read more...
    0 10
Go to page