Statistics

306,020 members
190,366 posts
  • New
    ES335Rob
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-11-09

Can someone please shed some light on using an expression pedal alongside a switch 6 on the Voicelive 3?

I have an expression pedal that does work but not when the switch 6 is plugged in.

I get an error message about low impedance volume pedal cannot be used with the switch 6.

thanks

read more...
    0 3
    • ES335Rob
      kiskadar69 I found this:
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articlePublicNumber=4498&brand=TC%20Helicon (VoiceLive 3: Calibrating expression pedal with Switch-6 attached)
      • Nov 9
    • ES335Rob
      kiskadar69 "Please note that if you're using a Switch-3 or Switch-6, you will be limited to using a high impedance expression pedal. This is because the microcontroller on VL3 has only one pin to tell it if you're using low or high impedance devices, meaning you cannot mix and match high and low impedance controllers. Because the Switch-3 and Switch-6 are both high impedance devices, you cannot use a low impedance expression pedal in conjunction with either of them." (TC-Helicon)
      • Nov 9
      • Voicelive 3 Expression pedal and switch 6
        ES335Rob Yes I saw that link but it would not open on my ipad. I searched again for it om my computer but could not find it. Three more questions if you wouldn't mind. High impedance pedal means 10k? Will any 10K pedal work? Will I get a full range sweep and not just a small portion of the sweep as I have seen others comment? Thanks for the replies
        • Nov 9
      • Voicelive 3 Expression pedal and switch 6
        kiskadar69 I don't know, I'm just a TC-Helicon user and I've never had VoiceLive 3. Here is the full text:

"Question: When I connect my expression pedal and a Switch-6, I get an impedance error. My expression pedal was working fine before. What do I do?
        Answer: Do this:
        1. Unplug all pedals/footswitches.
        2. Plug the expression pedal* into the expression pedal port and calibrate it.
        3. Unplug the expression pedal.
        4. Select the desired function of the footswitch input (Expression / Switch-3 / Switch-6).
        5. Plug in the footswitch input.
        6. Calibrate it if its an expression pedal.
        7. Finally plug in the expression pedal input and it should be good to go!
        *Please note that if you're using a Switch-3 or Switch-6, you will be limited to using a "high impedance" expression pedal. This is because the microcontroller on VL3 has only one pin to tell it if you're using low or high impedance devices, meaning you cannot mix and match high and low impedance controllers. Because the Switch-3 and Switch-6 are both high impedance devices, you cannot use a low impedance expression pedal in conjunction with either of them."
        • Nov 10
  • New
    ecguitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-07

Just received my VoiceLive 2. Lovin it so far, but can't find how to get into the Looper. A couple videos I have seen show "VL2LOOP" on the screen, but I cxan't seem to find it. I have gone through all of the presets and it's not there! I obvioulsy must be doing something wrong..... any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    gsaunier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-06
    Hi everyone. 
    I'm a newbie with my VoiceLive Play (VLP) and have a question.
    When I'm using the harmony's effect, in the advanced settings, I can select the type of scales that I need.
    It range from Major1 to major3 and from Minor1 to Minor3.
    Does anyone knows what this scales stand for in music theory and how (and if) it's related with mode (and if so, which one).
    Thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 10
    • gsaunier
      PedroRodrigues Hi gsaunier, thank you for your post, I will try my best to reply to your questions and provide you with the most information possible.
      As you mentioned above on your post, on the Menu Effects- Harmony Scale - If the Key is set manually (not AUTO), the advanced menu will allow you set the Scale associated with the Key.
      As you pointed out there are 6 settings you can choose from:
      1. MAJOR 1
      2. MAJOR 2
      3. MAJOR 3
      4. MINOR 1
      5. MINOR 2
      6. MINOR 3
      Please see the image below:
      • Nov 17
  • New
    Ltrefzger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-06

Can anyone walk me through what the micromod function is in this unit?

I'm new to this stuff. Yes, I've watched the youtube videos and read the manual.

0 4
  • New
    Ltrefzger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-06

If the hardtune is OFF, with the pitch correction still do it's thing?

0 3
  • New
    jeromewuzz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-05

Hello

I use a voicelive3 extreme with a switch-6 footswitch. In the VL3X, in the Setup/footswitch menu, I have assigned fonctions to the switch-6 and the mode (latched/momentary), which means that the mode with the footswitch buttons are configured for all the preset, which is not always convenient.

For example, on my VL3X, I have some presets with Harmony set in latched mode and some preset with Harmony set in momentary mode. But if I setup a switch of my switch-6 to harmony/latched, it behaves in latched mode even if the selected preset has harmony in momentary mode. I could assign a harmony/momentary on another switch of the footswitch, but it's not that convenient in concert, so a 3rd mode for the footswitch would be quite convenient.

Can you please consider my request in a future firmware update?

Thank you very much

Regards

Jerome

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    jeromewuzz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-02

Hello

A question about voicelive3 extreme: when i perform a backup using voicesupport 2, where is the backup stored? In the cloud? On the voicelive3 extreme? If i perform a factory reset of the voicelive3, are the backups removed?

Thank you very much

Regards

Jerome

read more...
    0 20
    • jeromewuzz
      PedroRodrigues Hi jeromewuzz, thank you for your post, when you perform a backup using VoiceSupport 2, the backup will be stored locally on the VOICESUPPORT 2 but you also have presets packs that are stored on the VOICESUPPORT 2 cloud. When you perform a factory reset on your VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME you must stored your presets on VOICESUPPORT 2 otherwise you will loose them when performing the factory reset. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Nov 3
    • jeromewuzz
      jeromewuzz I don't know if my reply was sent (got some problem with my mobile), so just in case, thanks a lot Pedro for the explanation. Have a nice day.
      • Nov 5
  • New
    Robb80
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-01

Is there a way to connect these vocal processors using usb midi or bluetooth to 5 pin midi in these vocal processors? Most new digital pianos doesnt has an old 5 pin MIDI.

0 11
    • Robb80
      PedroRodrigues Hi Robb80, thank you for your post, I would suggest following the link below to access the TC HELICON MAIN PAGE to allow you to check the product page for each unit you have stated above where you will find all the set up information you require. https://www.tc-helicon.com/ I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Nov 2
    • Robb80
      kiskadar69 These come to mind:

1st solution: If your keyboard doesn't have DIN MIDI Out and you don't want to use a computer, you'll probably need a USB MIDI Host (MIDI USB Host).

2nd solution: If your keyboard doesn't have DIN MIDI Out and you are using a computer, you will need to connect both the keyboard and harmony processor to the computer using their respective USB cables and run a program that will forward all MIDI data from a selected MIDI port to another selected MIDI port. For example:
      https://www.bome.com/products/sendsx

3rd solution: if you can free up one hand while playing the keyboard, get a cheap 2-octave MIDI keyboard with a DIN MIDI Out and connect it to the voice processor DIN MIDI In using a MIDI cable.
      • Nov 2
  • New
    wouterroos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-31

Hi,

I recently purchased a VoiceLive 3 Extreme and I'm really loving it! I use the VL3X for both my main vocals and the click/backing track for my band. Uploading a click/backing track to the device was easy and works quite well, no complaints there, but I'd really like a better way to record effect/step changes for these tracks than manually pressing buttons at exactly the right time. It would be great if you guys facilitated one of the following features:

- Start/stop backing track recorder via MIDI: This allows people to sync up the VL3X with their DAW, insert the VL3X's MIDI commands into their timeline, and just record the sequence by playing back the song on their DAW.

- Share the specification or even tools so people can create/modify .vl3pkg files directly on their PC.

- Any other way to allow for detailed programming of VL3X performances...

Thanks!

read more...
    0 16
    • wouterroos
      WilliamR Hello, Please click on the support link above and create a tech support case. Someone will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Oct 31
  • New
    PaddyO
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

These pedals are giving very noticeable buzz, alone or in series doesn't make any difference. I've tried changing power supplies (all completely isolated), changed input and output leads and even run it on battery power alone, so it's not a ground loop issue. It's just a really buzzy pedal that makes it almost unuseable. I've also tested this in different rooms and venues. I'm running a Shure SM58 into them, and have swapped that for a Rode M3, same result. Both mics straight into the PA give no buzz whatsoever. The buzz is definitely coming from the pedals themselves.  Need a solution please!

read more...
    0 20
    • PaddyO
      PedroRodrigues Hi PaddyO, thank you for your post, regarding the Critical Mass, please confirm that you have powered this pedal via a POSITIVE CENTER NEGATIVE PSU that supplies 9V / >300 mA.
      Please confirm that when powering this pedal via PSU you have removed the 4 x AA batteries.
      When it comes to Microphones, please confirm that you only use a dynamic microphone with this pedal and the output must be connected to a mixing desk and not directly to a PA.
      I would also suggest downloading VOICESUPPORT 2 by following the link below to update your pedal.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP

When it comes to the MIC MECHANIC please confirm that you are power the pedal via a POSITIVE CENTER NEGATIVE PSU that supplies 9 V / 670 mA.
      Please confirm that when powering this pedal via PSU you have removed the 4 x AA batteries.
      When it comes to Microphones, please confirm that you only use a dynamic microphone with this pedal and the output must be connected to a mixing desk and not directly to a PA.
      In this case it may also be useful to perform a factory reset to your MIC MECHANIC, to restoring the factory presets in the Mic Mechanic, first you must download the VoiceSupport application via the link above.
      Then simply click the first preset in the list and SHIFT and click the last preset in VoiceSupport, and then press “Apply Changes” to start initialization of the program.
      This procedure will return all of the settings to the values when the Mic Mechanic was shipped from the factory.
      Do not use this function unless you are certain that you want to do this.

I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • Oct 26
      • Critical Mass and Mic Mechanic are both extremely noisy
        PaddyO Thanks for the quick reply. Can you please clarify what you mean by "POSITIVE CENTRE NEGATIVE PSU"? It's unclear whether you mean positive centre, or centre negative. I'm powering them with a standard centre-negative PSU, fully isolated. (And no batteries in either pedal.) The Shure mic is dynamic.
        • Oct 26
    • PaddyO
      PedroRodrigues Hi PaddyO, thank you for your reply, regarding your question you must use a POSITIVE CENTER NEGATIVE PSU ( as you see on the picture below) that supplies 9V / >300 mA.
      • Oct 26
Go to page