Statistics

267,755 members
147,252 posts
  • New
    disrezoloution
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-07

Does anyone have or now how to recreate the Motown vocal sound for Voicelive Touch 2 or Voicelive2?

Help!

0 21
  • New
    pancho0924
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-06

Can anybody provide me with a link to buy an original 9 volts power supply for my Voicelive 3? Most of the OME power supplies are 12 vols, my original is 9 volts. 

0 17
    • pancho0924
      kiskadar69 Does your VoiceLive 3 say it works with 9VDC? As far as I know, VoiceLive 3's run on 12VDC.
      "You can damage your unit over time by under-volting the system. It's definitely not meant to run at 9V. We do use a 12V (and 5V) internal rail."(Craig Fraser @ TC-Helicon,2015.02.24.)
      "I have tried running it with a 9V transformer rather than the proprietary 12V one, and while I got sound, I did notice a slight degradation in tone and headroom."(db808,2015.03.30.)
      "The lower voltage creates stress on all the electrical components and something will go "poof" long before its expected lifespan."
      • December 9, 2021
    • pancho0924
      pancho0924

I have the original power supply. It states in the back that is 9volts. The power supply brought both the New England and the United States of America connectors. I'm using the American, but it says on the back that it is 9 volts. 3 amp

• December 9, 2021
  • New
    TangerineTomorrow1970
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-05

It says in the manual that I can use a recorded track on the DAW to trigger harmonies from the device.  No success so far.  Any ideas out there?  I have followed the one tiny paragraph in the manual as to how to do this.  Thanks. 

0 16
    • TangerineTomorrow1970
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      Ensure that you provide a detailed description of exactly how you have the Play acoustic setup and which DAW you are using. We need as much information as possible and can then advise you further.
      • December 6, 2021
  • New
    EricClise
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-03

I use Play Acoustic extensively and a huge fan. I have one issue I can't seem to fix, namely I get a popping or crackling sound when I whistle. It is not air noise, I've tested that and I get it when listening to the headphone out on the Play Acoustic itself so it is not somewhere else in the signal chain. It almost sounds like some kind of signal clipping but it happens at all gain settings. This is an amazing unit and perhaps this is simply a type of sound it cannot process. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have tried everything I can think of. BTW, it doesn't seem to be an effect generated problem as it is present in a dry signal.

-ec

read more...
    0 11
    • EricClise
      kiskadar69 There were such problems with the original Mic Mechanic and Harmony Singer 2, and TC-Helicon tried to solve the problem with a new firmware version. Is your Play Acoustic running the latest firmware version? If so, there's only one workaround I can think of: set up a second microphone for whistling that's not connected to the Play Acoustic.
      • December 5, 2021
    • EricClise
      kiskadar69 Workaround number two: if you only want to use one microphone, plug your microphone into a microphone selector switch. The first output of the microphone selector switch should be connected to Play Acoustic, the second output of the microphone selector switch should be connected elsewhere.
      • December 5, 2021
  • New
    clubwestrecords
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

I know that the ambient mics can be utilized to determine the key of a song for harmonies.  Can the ambient mics also be utilized for the autotune/hardtune feature to automatically shift the vocal towards the correct and specific key (as opposed to just nudging towards the closest correct pitch like the mic mechanic would do)?  

Thanks!

Drew

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    GreatBigMe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-29

If I place the D1 after the H1 on my pedal board do I get a doubling of the harmonized voices from thr H1?

0 9
  • New
    RedlNorbert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-25

Hallo zusammen,

habe ein Problem, mein Singers-2 kann seit kurzen kein Tonsignal im Instrumenteneingang empfängt.

Kabel ist in Ordung, Signal kommt aus der Gitarre.

An was kann das liegen.

Danke Norbert

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    chopperblue
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-22

I recently bought a HS 2 and have had it now for about a week.  Up until a couple of days ago it appeared to work OK. I beleive something happened as I was changing from my electric guitar to a Taylor accoustic that has a pick up and 1/4 inch jack.

The HS2 made a horrible zooming sound and the main LED dimmed then stopped working completely, (no mic sounds out) and none of the other buttons did anything.

So I went on-line (Music Tribe) and saw where I could re-load the firmware.  Figured it would be my last gasp option befor sending it back as a warranty repair. I work with electronic devices and have done alot of firmware re-loads, so doing this wasn't new to me. I also lucked out and had the correct USB cable.

My first try was to use the Voice Support 2 app but I kept getting the "this device is in use" error message from Windows.  I saw where there were some "try this, then try this, check for this, it might be this" ect. So I bailed on VS2 and downloaded Bome Send Sx.

This sofware was able to connect to the HS2 with out the error messages. So I searched around the Music Tribe website and found some instructions.  I followed them exactly as written and was able to get the HS2 into its Boot Mode amber blink pattern.  From there I sent over the "get ready for a file" command and then sent the firmware. The rev level was Harmony Singer 2.1.0.04 Build 12.syx.

So Bome showed the file going down and it went on for about 5 minutes until it stopped showing anything on its screen.  The HS2 stayed in its amber blinking pattern and never re-booted.  So I kept it cabled into its USB port for about an hour and then power cycled it.  When it came up it showed  the same dim main LED and with no other LEDs just like it was before the download.

Figuring that  the HS2 firmeware load failed, I left it unplugged, no power or USB for about a day. Today I did one final check before boxing it for return and .....its lights came back on when it booted up.  I plugged it back into my sound system and it apprears to be working now. 

I'm not sure how this happened so here are my questions:

Is this normal? I mean is this HS2 going to go down again due to whatever caused it to stop working in the first place?

Are there some "don'ts" that users need to be aware of?  Like don't change inputs while the HS2 is on, etc.?  

I like the device, and feel it's going to be a lot of fun to use but it seems to me to be very fragile.  With a warranty of just 90 days, I have a feeling it's useful time on this earth with be limited.

Sorry for the long write-up.  Maybe someone else may befefit from this story down the road.

Thanks

read more...
    0 5
    • chopperblue
      Dale_M Hi there sorry this has been your experience, personally it would be best to return it to the seller as this may be an intermittent/unstable fault and request another. I hope this helps.
      • November 22, 2021
    • chopperblue
      chopperblue

Thanks Dale, I appreciate your advice

• November 23, 2021
  • New
    Wackdad68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

I have MP75 and Voicelive play. Just updated firmware. I have selected the MP75 AS INPUT SOURCE AND WENT FURTHER INTO MENUS TO HAVE THE mic button simply control presets up. It will not work. The videos explaining this are 9 years old. Can anyone give me instructions to help me accomplish this? Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • Wackdad68
      kiskadar69 "I have a new MP-75 and the button works only sometimes. Like right now, I picked it up and I had to press the button 5 times to get it to HIT. It is random - it takes between one and five presses to get HIT to go on or off. Each press is firm and uniform. I have the INPUT set to MP-75 mic, and MP-75 control set to "HIT + TALK". What else could it be? Is something defective here?" (Barclay Brown,2017.05.11.)
      "OK solved this, but in case anyone else experiences it: restart the VoiceLive Play AFTER you connect the microphone. If the mic is connected/disconnected while the VLP is on, you may see this problem."(Barclay Brown,2017.05.21.)
      • November 22, 2021
    • Wackdad68
      kiskadar69 Is the VoiceLive Play and MP-75 connected with a standard 3-wire microphone cable? The TC-Helicon "Mic Control" function does not work via a 2-wire cable or wireless system either.
      If it doesn't work, then ..
      1. try another microphone cable. If that doesn't help, then ..
      2. try another microphone (Sennheiser e 835 fx, TC-Helicon MP-75 / MP-76 / MP-85) or a TC-Helicon MCA100. If that doesn't help, then ..
      3. try another TC-Helicon effects processor.
      • November 22, 2021
  • New
    Warlaumont8654
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-19

What is the difference between the harmonies in the fully counter-clockwise setting (which appears to show one harmony above and one below) and the next setting clock-wise? They both show a harmony above and below but the fully counterclockwise position shows the lines above the circle to be a little further away from the circle than the setting above it. What is this different (yet similar) symbolism representing? 

read more...
    0 12
    • Warlaumont8654
      PedroRodrigues Hi Warlaumont8654, I will gladly provide you with the information you require but I will need to understand first the unit that you are referring to on your question? Thank you
      • November 21, 2021
    • Warlaumont8654
      kiskadar69 The distance of the line from the circle determines how far the pitch of the generated harmony is from the pitch of the sound sung into the microphone.
      • November 22, 2021
Go to page