Statistics

267,864 members
147,375 posts
  • New
    Annapurna456
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

Hi - please can someone tell me how I get both a dry and wet signal from the Voicelive 2 to my mixer? I've tried connecting the xlr output that says dry to the mixer but the audio from that output still has the Voicelive 2 'effect' on it? I'd like to record the wet and dry simultaneously so I can play with the mix in the edit. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 11
    • Annapurna456
      NicJonesMT Hi Annapurna456.
      Can you check in the setup menu that you have the output mode set to MONO.
      This will then put a summed mono mix onto the left output, and the dry signal (Including the Tone settings) to the right output.
      • November 10, 2021
    • Annapurna456
      Annapurna456 Will do - thank you.
      • November 10, 2021
    • Annapurna456
      kiskadar69 ..and if you want to remove the dry signal from the summed mono mix, set Setup -> I / O tab -> Lead Mute to On.
      • November 12, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-07

Just tried running the leys into the Perform VK and then audio out to the powered speaker, however all I can get is this muffled low end sorta sound, nearly no definition. I am using mono cables.

Which leads me to think these connectors are all just stereo only. I note in the diagrams in the manual they show stereo cables.

So, are they exclusively stereo, or are they a "switching jack" whereby either a mono or stereo can be used? If it is a switching, then there is a hardware fault with my unit.

Thanks

EDIT: Just tried a stereo cable, same result, so I think the unit is faulty! I bought it brand new, but it's juts out of the warranty period. I have never had a need before today to try this, and as it was brand new it's not something I would have thought of testing when I opened it tbh...

Anyhoo, there is an issue so hopefully maybe Nic or someone else from TC can chime in here?

read more...
    1 20
  • New
    Chappellj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-06

I am purchasing the harmony v100.  How similar are the vocal and guitar effects to the acoustic play pedal?  I am wondering if the amp will be more limiting?

1 30
    • Chappellj
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chappellj, thank you for your post, the Harmony V100 in a “swiss army knife Amp” that offers a huge number of tools divided on the two input channels available such as Voice channel with Adaptive Tone, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Pitch Correction, Harmony, Reverb and Delay.
      On the Guitar channel with BodyRez, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Tuner, Reverb, Delay, Chorus and a 3 band EQ.

The PLAY ACOUSTIC is a great pedal and also offers BodyRez filtering and on-board EQ but the effects available on this unit are based on the TC Electronic HALL OF FAME REVERB, FLASHBACK DELAY and CORONA CHORUS pedals and DI for an acoustic guitar tone.
      In conclusion the similarities between the two units are on the BodyRez filtering, the board EQ and in the FX available.
      I would suggest checking a video guide about the V100 and also one about the PLAY ACOUSTIC, for both videos please see below:

Harmony V100
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVE1qOn5xe4

PLAY ACOUSTIC
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884U6jgRYFQ&list=PLR6Yp1ynH1xfatUQ26rHJ3gWG-1bh_Sxh

Thank you
      • November 8, 2021
    • Chappellj
      kenhaynes So based on above response the play acoustic has more premium features ? You called out the features of each product but unclear if the features that are on the v100 are similar ? Newer technology ? Hall of fame-flashback ? Those are on v100 ?
      • November 14, 2021
      • Harmony V100 similarities to acoustic play
        PedroRodrigues Hi kenhaynes effectively the play acoustic offers more features than the Harmony V100, the innovation on the Harmony V100 is the combination of some existing tools with a amp via two different XLR inputs for Guitar and Vocals. The Harmony V100 offers agongs other tools such as Harmony, Reverb and Delay but not as configurable as the tools present on the PLAY ACOUSTIC . Thank you
        • ·
        • November 15, 2021
  • New
    Leong74
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-04

I just got a TC Helicon VK. I tried to connect to my Roland FP30 X via midi. However, Roland FP30 only have USB of Bluetooth midi, and VK is 5pin in. 

What can I do to connect these? 

I don't want to connect via audio jack (output will mix with piano) cause I want the output only have vocal.

Any way or gadgets or accessories can help?

read more...
    0 14
    • Leong74
      kiskadar69 This pairing is not so lucky. Two solutions come to mind:

First solution:
      1.1. Connect the "USB Computer" connector of the Roland FP-30X to a USB port of a computer with a USB cable.
      1.2. Connect the other USB connector on the computer to the "MIDI In" connector on the TC-Helicon Perform-VK via a USB-MIDI interface.
      1.3. Start a program on your computer (for example, "Bome SEND SX" for Windows) that transfers MIDI data from the Roland FP-30X to TC-Helicon Perform-VK.

Second solution:
      2.1. Connect the "USB Computer" connector of the Roland FP-30X with a USB cable to the "USB Host" connector of a USB MIDI Host device (eg miditech USB MIDI Host, Mode Machines Cerebel).
      2.2. Connect the "MIDI Out" connector of the USB MIDI Host device to the "MIDI In" connector of the TC-Helicon Perform-VK with a MIDI cable.
      • November 4, 2021
  • New
    Martin46
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-01
    • Since the Korg PA300 doesn't support midi and I wanted to use a Perform-VK, I would have to connect to the VK using the left and right audio jacks. My question: if I have the keyboard in split mode (left half playing accompaniment, right half playing performance), assume I'm playing a maj C7 accompaniment and a piano riff on the right half and I want a 3-part harmony (1 voice above the melody and 1 voice below the melody) would the VK be able to detect and play the the upper and lower voices?
    read more...
    0 7
    • Martin46
      PedroRodrigues Hi Martin46, thank you for your post, I don't think that would be possible via the jack input, but you could try to use the Roomsense microphones on the unit that might work.
      If you beam in a preset that contains Harmony or HardTune effects and you’re not using MIDI, keyboard audio or an Aux music source to guide key/scale, the mic will listen for chords in the room and try to figure out key and scale from that! Pretty cool.
      The RoomSense is the most unpredictable of the key/scale trackers, since the room dynamics and chord information is most easily obscured using this mode.
      That said, it can be quite effective in specific situations, like placing the unit on top of Korg PA300.
      • November 1, 2021
  • New
    dragoneggsinabox
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-31

Ok so I got a Mic Mechanic 2. It had an awful, constant background noise, an electrical noise that continued even if I turned off the mic, it was constant, no matter if the effects were on or off - the only way to stop the noise was to either turn off the volume on the speakers (and therefore my microphone too), or to completely turn off the stomp box. Moreover, the correction sounded like a "chorus" effect, it didn't work as it was supposed to, it sounded like my voice was double.

I sent it back and got a new one. This new one has the same issues. (Yes, I opened a ticket for support and I'm waiting for their reply.)

Now... I really, really like the tone effect, the echo and the reverb. And I could even use the weird correction effect as a sort of chorus, but the background noise is so loud and noticeable that the other musicians I play with immediately asked me to unplug it and agreed that there's something wrong with it. (I tried the Mic Mechanic 1 and it's amazing, great effects, the correction effect works perfectly, no background noise whatsoever. I would love to get that version of the Mic Mechanic instead of the second one! But I can't find it anywhere.)

I would love to hear from the community... did I somehow get two out of two products that had these audio issues, while the rest of the products out there sound amazing? Do you like your Mic Mechanics? Which one do you own? Did you try both? Have you ever experienced any of these audio issues? Were you able to fix them? How's your experience with the product in general?

For the technicians... do you have any tips? Should I update the stomp box somehow? 

I now have the choice to send it back and get another one, or get a full refund, and then I guess choose a completely different product since the MM1 is unavailable. I'm still undecided and that is why I'm posting this, I'm hoping to get some feedback to help me with this decision. 

(for the record yes I tried multiple times, I checked the rest of the equipment, I tried with batteries / AC as the product requires, I got other musicians to check it and when I tried the MM1 I used the same set up I had used for the MM2.) 

read more...
    0 25
    • dragoneggsinabox
      NicJonesMT Hi Dragoneggsinabox.

Can you please let me know your case number and I can look into this for you?
      • October 31, 2021
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Audio Issues.
        dragoneggsinabox Thank you! CAS-498905-F8L7R5
        • October 31, 2021
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Audio Issues.
        dragoneggsinabox Hey Nic sorry to bother you! I'm thinking... would updating the firmware help with the loud noise? Maybe it's the auto-gain...? I still haven't tried, I'm waiting for technical support to suggest what to do about the noise (they did answer pretty fast about the pitch correction, but what really worries me is the noise.) I can provide a youtube video if it helps!
        • November 2, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-30

I Know I can block midi program and CC data by holding set and turning on the VK, but can this be made a permanent setting, as it was on the older Harmony-M unit?

0 9
    • DennisMilsom
      NicJonesMT Hi DennisMilson.
      I will need to raise this with the development team to see if it is possible.

What I would recommend is to submit a Technical Support ticket (Click Support at the top of the page) and we can then get some setup info from you, and link this case with the Development team.
      • October 31, 2021
  • New
    Kevo100
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

Any ideas what is causing this?

0 10
  • New
    DANDUN
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

As soon as I connect the XLR mic OUTPUT of the Mic Mechanic to the mixer (Yamaha MG-10)  I get a hum in the PA.   

0 10
  • New
    Chand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-25

Hi guys,

I just bought the VOICELIVE PLAY pedal to process my flute live.
    This tool works very well, however when I go up in the treble the autotune "frieze".
    By lowering the input volume the problem persists.

I don't know what it was, maybe you can help me? Maybe you have already encountered this scenario?
    Maybe you know a tool more suited to my use, combining multi-effect + autotune?

Thank you team, have a nice day
    Chand

read more...
    0 22
    • Chand
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chand, thank you for your post, I would suggest to confirm that you have select the most appropriated Key/Scale.
      When you’re using Room Sense to listen for Key information, make sure it’s closer to your flute to be able to clearly defined chords.
      The Room Sense maybe having issue pick up the harmonies form your Flute.
      • October 28, 2021
Go to page