Statistics

298,606 members
182,230 posts
  • New
    shacoustic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-04

I am using my Perform VK to help tweak some issues I have with pitch with my background vocals, but when I listen back to recordings of our performances, there are clearly a few areas where I hear my pitch a little off with no correction in site. Is there something I am not doing right. Obviiously the Pitch green light is active.

read more...
    0 6
    • shacoustic
      PedroRodrigues Hi shacoustic, thank you for your post, to correctly use the effects on your unit including pitch corrector, please consider if you are using just the Perform VK that there are three effects available to you and up to four more which are accessed via beamed presets.

Harmony (onboard)
      Reverb (onboard)
      Echo (onboard)
      Double (Beamable)
      Megaphone (beamable)
      HardTune (beamable)
      µMod (beamable)

The Harmony onboard effect offers additional voices, created from copies of your own voice, provide harmony as your own personal backup singers.
      Chord information is captured via the instrument input(s), MIDI or Aux and used to pick the correct key and scale for your song.
      The user can also use a combination of the built-in RoomSense microphone and music coming into the AUX input to automatically pick the right key/scale for the harmony voices.
      In this case the user will need to have a chorded instrument near the RoomSense mic and/or music with chord information coming into the AUX input for this to work.
      What is RoomSense ?
      Well I’m sure you notice a little hole on the front of the unit, it is a microphone.

It’s there for two reasons:

1. If you beam in a preset that contains Harmony or HardTune effects and you’re not using MIDI, keyboard audio or an Aux music source to guide key/ scale, the mic will listen for chords in the room (like a nearby guitar) and try to figure out key and scale from that.

You must haver in to account that RoomSense is the most unpredictable of the key/scale trackers, since the room dynamics and chord information is most easily obscured using this mode. That said, it can be quite effective in specific situations, like placing the unit on top of an acoustic piano.

2. If you don’t plug in a microphone and have headphones connected, you can sing into the onboard mic. It’s a great way to practice with virtually no other equipment.

If you’re singing into the RoomSense mic, the Main Outputs *there isn’t a Mic Out on VK* will be muted to prevent feedback.

To activate or deactivate an effect, simply tap the Reverb, Harmony or Echo button. The button will glow GREEN when active and WHITE when inactive.
      When it comes to the beamable effects stabbed above the “beam” or import a preset sound can be done to each of the 1, 2, 3 buttons.

The imported sound can contain up to 7 effects:
      Harmony
      HardTune (pitch correction)
      Megaphone
      Modulation (chorus, flange etc.)
      Reverb
      Double
      Echo
      To import a present please use your smartphone and our preset app to “beam” a preset into PERFORM-VK.
      Simply press once on the preset location where you’d like your preset to live (1, 2 or 3).
      Then, follow the instructions in the app to send the preset data to your PERFORM-VK.
      You can download the preset app here:
      For Android:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tchelicon.performvk&hl=en_GB&gl=US

For Apple :
      https://apps.apple.com/us/app/perform-vk-app/id1159163208

If you wish to edit a beamed preset the process to change the sound of Reverb, Harmony and Echo within a beamed preset is exactly the same as the one you did without a beamed preset, with one small exception.
      When you press/hold to edit the Reverb, Harmony, or Echo in a beamed preset, you’ll notice that the LED ring is now white. That’s the new Style imported by the preset.
      You can control the level of that Style, or change back to one of the “factory” Styles you’ve used before. If you press and hold the 1, 2 or 3 buttons (whichever preset you’re already using) you can make an adjustment to the sound of one of the other effects within the preset too.
      Here’s a little chart to show you what you can control, depending on which effects are contained in the preset:

If you find the chart confusing as heck, here’s an example:
      If the preset contains both Harmony and HardTune (number 5) the “Modifier” is Harmony Level.
      If the preset contains Megaphone and µMod (number 8) the modifier is for µMod level.

If you wish to edit or change in any way the onboard effect the user can adjust both the Level (volume) and Style (sound of the effect) to dial in just the right combination for your music.
      To edit an effect, simply PRESS & HOLD the effect button. You’ll know you’re in EDIT mode because the LED ring surrounding the Control Knob will illuminate and the effect button will pulse.
      The LED ring serves as both a Level and Style control. As you turn the knob, the LED segments will fill up, indicating that you’re turning up the Level of the current style.
      When you completely fill the LED ring, the colour will change, letting you know that you’ve now changed the Style of the effect.
      Continuing to turn the Control Knob will increase the Level of that Style.
      Each effect has four different styles to choose from. Three of the styles are available “out of the box” and one is reserved for a Beamed preset Style as described bove.

Any changes you make to an effect are stored in real time. There are no extra steps to take.

When it comes to Pitch correction as nobody is perfect, so we give the user the option to add a little bit of transparent pitch correction to your voice. It gently guides you to the nearest semi-tone when you sing.
      To activate Pitch Correction, press the Pitch button. White is OFF, Green is ON

An important note about Pitch Correction is that its normal to hear “phasing” between your head voice and the corrected voice coming from speakers or headphones.
      The collision of the two signals creates the phased effect.
      Your audience or a recording doesn’t experience the sound.
      You can actually use the phased sound to improve your pitch over time.
      The less of the phased sound you hear, the closer you are to perfect pitch.
      This unit also offer a Pitch Guide tool that allow you to see how close to the “true” note you are when you sing.
      It’s great to know that you typically sing sharp or flat, or simply struggle with a particular note or two.
      To activate the Pitch Guide, press and hold the Pitch button.
      To deactivate the Guide, press and hold again.
      When the pitch meter turns on, you’ll see the LED ring light from red (at the bottom) to green (at the top).
      When the pitch meter turns off, the LED’s will change from green to red.
      The pitch guide shows whether you’re “on the note” (green LED’s), “flat” (yellow/ red LED’s on the left-hand side of the ring) or “sharp” (yellow/red LED’s on the right hand side of the ring).

I hope this information helps you take full advantage form your unit

Thank you
      • Sep 19
  • New
    dumi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-01

Czy ktos ma  gotowe presety na to urzadzenie . bo pomimmo wielu prób ustawienia  nie działa tak jak na filmach , czy keybord odtwarzajacy mp3 ma byc wpiety do wejscia aux czy do  liniowego tam gdzie gitara..?? Moze ktos cos podpowie co robie źle?

read more...
    0 13
    • dumi
      PedroRodrigues Hi dumi, thank you for your post you must use the Aux In Jack on your VOICELIVE TOUCH. This is where audio from an external stereo device such as an MP3 player inputs into the main mix. Please bear in mind that no effects are applied to this input.
      When it comes to presets on your unit please consider that the VoiceLive Touch contains over 200 factory presets, effectively you can store any of these presets to a favourite including any edits you've done on that preset.

It is important to follow the guidance described below to assure that your presets are correctly saved.

When it comes to Loading a Favourite, you must tap any Favourite button to load the effect assigned to it.
      There are 25 Favourites contained in banks labelled A through E.
      To access the banks, hold the Slider and immediately tap one of the 5 Favourites buttons.
      The factory-programmed Favourite banks are organized as follows:

Bank A - Showcase/variety
      Bank B - Harmony and Doubling effects
      Bank C - Effects useful for making interesting loops
      Bank D - Transducer effects
      Bank E - Extreme sounds

When it comes to load a Preset, please Slide along the Slider or use the Arrow buttons to scroll up or down presets by ones.
      Swipe the Slider to scroll through a large range of presets quickly and tap to stop.
      The Flashing Favourite LED lets you know something about that Favourite has changed.
      Either it has been edited or the preset has been changed. If you don’t want to store the changes, choose any other preset or Favourite.
      To save a preset to a Favourite you must:
      1. Load a preset you want to store as a Favourite.
      2. Press and hold the desired Favourite location to store
      2. (Optional) Choose the desired Favourite bank by holding the Slider and immediately tapping one of the five Favourite buttons.

For last when it comes to displaying preset names, as long as you are not in an editing menu, you can scroll the current preset or Favourite’s name by tapping the Slider once.
      For more detailed information on your VOICELIVE TOUCH please follow the link below to acess the full manual for this unit:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DLT

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Sep 2
  • New
    tguarriello
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-31

Complaints about Harmony Singer 2 stability are all over the internet (suddden distortion that requires a restart). Does anyone know if TC has resolved this issue? I'd like a box I can rely on for a 3-4hr outdoor Gig on a hot day. My VT Harmony-G XT overheats at about 75 Deg. F. and I'm looking for a reliable standby.

read more...
    0 6
    • tguarriello
      kiskadar69 "VT Harmony GTX": do you mean "TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT" ?

"I would definitely get some additional shade and purchase a small electric oscillating fan to sit on the floor and cool your feet and gear. The problem is not the temperature of the air, it's the radiant heat baking the chips. The fact that there isn't enough airflow (convention) across the unit to dissipate the extra heat probably causes the glitches. You can also consider getting the unit off the ground to get some air under it too." (martingitdave ,2017)
      • Aug 31
      • Harmony Singer 2 Stability?
        tguarriello Yes - Harmony-G XT. Man, I'd hate to think that 75 Deg F. is "chip baking" territory. I've tried a fan and it helps when the device is right on the edge, but anything over 80 is a guaranteed failure - fan or no. I've got a Plethora X5 mounted right next to it and never have a problem with it - or any of the 6 other digital pedals on the board. Anyway - thanks for trying to help. My question about the Harmony Singer 2 still stands...
        • Aug 31
  • New
    suzinaomi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-31

Hello!

Does anyone know how I can get hold of the Perform VK (vocal/keyboard harmony processor)... I can't find it in stock ANYWHERE online! I'm in the UK. I bought one a couple years ago from THOMANN Europe. But I need a new one. 

When will they be back in stock?

read more...
    0 24
  • New
    rad1026
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-29

I looked long and hard and finally came up with a reasonably priced. used Play Acoustic from Sweden, through Reverb.  The unit is in excellent condition but the power supply is the two prong European plug.  I thought it would have adapters for US but it was not included.  I could go find a 12V 400ma power supply but would rather have what is recommeneded for the Acoustic.  I have looked everywhere for one.  Anyone have any ideas on where I could either find a complete unit or the US Adapter for this one?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 4
    • rad1026
      rad1026 Also, I bought a Powerplug 12 but it is 1000ma. I thought the US Adapter on the PowerPlug 12 would work on my 12B unit, but the 12 is smaller and won't interchange. Would the 1000ma supply work? Does the Play Acoustic just pull the amount of amps it needs, or would the 1000ma blow something up?
      • Aug 29
    • rad1026
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi rad1026, the Powerplug 12 is the recommend replacement power supply for all Voicelive/Play series models, Play Acoustic included. Even though the amperage of the Powerplug 12 is 1000mA the Play Acoustic will only draw what is required.
      • Aug 29
  • New
    JessieO
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-27

How do set this up ?  Do

you have to connect it to a guitar or keyboard?

the 9v power supply - is there a special one?

0 6
  • New
    rad1026
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-26

True beginner here.  Just purchased a Play Acoustic, used.  Been reading a ton and playing with all the presets.  I don't think the unit has the most recent firmware but I can't find any links to Voiceplay 2.  How do I download it and it is the right thing to use for this piece of equipment?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    klydelovell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-25

Hello,

I recently had a gig with my Voicelive play and was having noise issues.  The venue was noisy, but our feedback was worse than the other singers who went DI into the board.  It's frustrating because we can get clean recordings through our signal path at home, but it's a toss up if the pedal will give us issues live.  Our signal path was

1. Mic

2. Voicelive

3. Roland RC202

4. DI to FOH.

And the FOH was saying we have had a bad, noisy, prone-to-feedback signal.  We held the hit button on the Voicelive, and the FOH said the noise was fixed (so it's not anything else in the chain), but of course we had to turn it back on for songs.  We plug it in with the TC adaptor that came with the unit.  Relevant settings from Setup are:

Input: Dynamic Mic

Roomsense: Ambient/Auto

Tone Style:Off

*Pitch Correct Amount: 20%

Output: Mono (we were using just the mono out)

Mic Boost: Off

In the mix menu we have:

*Out Level: -6 db (which by the way, -32 db is closer to unity.  What's up with the volume?  We turned it up because if we set this pedal to unity we would be asked to turn it up when performing by multiple FOH engineers.  Is this intentional?  We use the RC202 to pad the output.)

*Roomsense: 0db

We also were on a patch that had all the settings set to either hit or off, and despite being in the OFF position it still fed.  The asterisk ones are the settings I wonder if they affect the clean, unaffected vocals even with nothnig on.  We weren't clipping in the gain on the Voicelive and stayed mostly in the green while performing, nor are we clipping the other gear or the FOH.  At our last show we used a splitter box so the FOH got to have a clean vocal mic signal in addition to our affected signal, but that didn't completely kill the issue.

TL;DR - even with all the effects bypassed and NOT in talk mode, the Voicelive introduces noise to the FOH.  It's only truly quiet when we hold HIT and put it into Talk mode.  What settings am I overlooking to make this not happen?

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    dan62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-23

After a lot of research, I found that the VoiceLive Play is the device I currently need for singing covers in the style of pop stars from the best pop /rock of 70s, 80s, and 90s... . I am vocalist and programmer, and currently writing javascript code for a prototype online/offline video player of mine.

I couldn't find any manual or reference on the web for MIDI SYS/CC implementation of the TC VoiceLive Play (VLP) (not the GTX version). I will implement Javascript (via WEB MIDI) into my prototype video player for automatic VLP patch/effects change etc, in order to play videos containing audio tracks and scrolling lyrics whose timeline triggers javascript events that send MIDI data to the VLP (no need for any DAW in my scenario), so I am wondering if the VLP GTX MIDI implementation is the same and/or different than the VLP that is usable for my novel implementation.

Can anyone provide the current link or specs sheet to the full MIDI specs of the VoiceLive Play (not the GTX version) since I have yet to find that type of info on the net? Thx for providing awesome support and products!

dan62

read more...
    0 9
    • dan62
      PedroRodrigues Hi dan62, thank you for your post, please ponder that the VoiceLive Play does not allow MIDI implementation and/ or control, the USB port on the unit allows 2 channels, locked as a stereo pair in both directions, allowing to sending backing tracks to and from your VoiceLive to a computer, the USB PORT also allows interaction with VOICESUPPORT 2 software and to perform updates. For more information on the VoiceLive Play configuration process please follow the link below to access the full manual for this unit: https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEH Thank you
      • Aug 24
    • dan62
      dan62

• Aug 24
  • New
    Agoldini
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-21

I have a Mackie mixer with 4 microphones going in. I want to use the line level effects out loop of gthe mixerinto a Skysurfer to add reverb to the voices. Does the Skysurfer accept line level input into the 1/4 jack or just guitar level input?

read more...
    0 6
    • Agoldini
      PedroRodrigues Hi Agoldini, thank you for your post, you are correct, the Skysurfer only accepts Guitar level on the input stage. As the typical line out connection offers an output impedance values from 100 to 600 Ω while the input stage of the Skysurfer must be used by a signal that offers a 350 KΩ via 1/4 JACK TS cable. In these cases I would suggest the use of a D.I. to allow to manage the impedance mismatch and avoid any issues.
      • Aug 23
Go to page