Statistics

250,513 members
127,679 posts
  • BobKraus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I am using a Blue Encore 200 mic which is powered by the internal phantom power of the Voice Live. During performance at random times, I get a high pitched squeal which is not a feedback squeal, but more like a digital/processor sound. I have noticed that the mic gain, when turned up too much, give a consistent squeal, but what is weird is that with the gain turned down, I do not get much visual signal indication from the mic signal led. It's not broken but I am looking for tips on the mic gain, and any insight to the squealing.

read more...
    0 88
    • BobKraus
      leah Hello @BobKraus ,

I've just checked the Blue enCore 200 and it seems to be a dynamic mic. You won't need phantom power to use the mic with the Play Acoustic. Please turn off phantom power to prevent damage to your microphone and try adjusting the mic gain again. Let me know how this works!

Thanks!
      • September 29, 2020
      • Random High Pitched Squeal - TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Acoustic
        BobKraus Not True. Here's the first line on Blue's web site abut the Encore 200.
        "The world’s first studio-grade phantom powered active dynamic microphone is here—and it’s called enCORE 200."
        • September 29, 2020
      • Random High Pitched Squeal - TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Acoustic
        leah Hello BobKraus ,

My apologies for the misunderstanding, since dynamic mics don't typically need phantom power, this was my first guess to the issue you're having. I will be running this by our testing team to see if they can provide any insight.

In the meantime, have you tried a firmware update and/or factory reset on your device? Many times, you may just be experiencing a software issue within your device. You can find the steps for both here:
        https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=c111d238-30a7-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon

Let me know if you continue to experience this issue after the update/reset. Thanks!
        • September 30, 2020
  • rondallowens
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's anything out there that specifically shows how to edit presets on the Harmony G-XT with the Voice Support 2 application? Not much that I can see as far as using these two together, specifically. How deep can you edit the presets and/or how do you create your own presets using Voice Support 2 (or can it even be done)?

Also, I've upgraded the firmware to the most current version and I've seen one video and some user references to pitch correction now being added to the G-XT via this firmware upgrade. Not a whole lot of official news on this rollout or how to use it as far as I can tell. So, looking for some info on this.

I see quite a lot of videos and stuff for Voice Live, should I be looking into this vs. Voice Support? Is Voice Live even used with the Harmony G-XT?

I like the unit for what it is, I'm just wanting to know if it's more of a WYSIWYG vs. a deeper editing/creating of user presets kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 113
    • rondallowens
      kiskadar69 1. VoiceSupport 2 does not allow you to edit presets in detail.

2."Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction which gently corrects your pitch without the need to set key and scale. Double clicking the Tone button activates or de-activates Pitch Correction independently of the Live Engineer Effects.
      The Tone button indication modes are as follows:
      Only Tone active:Tone LED glows solidly.
      Only Pitch Correction active: Tone LED flashes on periodically. Will flash quickly for a moment when engaged
      or disengaged.
      Both Tone and Pitch Correction active: Tone LED glows solidly but flashes off periodically."
      (TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Product Manual, page 12)
      • September 25, 2020
  • handlebard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

Hey hey,

I've had lots of success controlling the FX on the VLT2 via scenes in Ableton. Now, I'm trying to control the looper the same way, using MIDI cc changes programmed in envelopes, but it's not working out. Two ways I've tried:

Using cc 47, 48, & 49 - literally nothing happened when I tried using these.

Using cc 44 - This does control the looper, but I can't get it to work properly using the automation line in envelopes. I can't figure out how to draw the line so that it acts in a reasonable way. 

Can anyone please help walk me through this? Maybe there's a tool (I tried a couple M4L devices, to the same results) that can help?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 53
    • handlebard
      PedroRodrigues HI Cd Regarding the Voicelive Touch 2 the unit can sync to MIDI Clock received at either its USB or physical MIDI inputs. This allows you to make new loops and play them back in time with a computer audio sequencer (DAW), a drum machine or an arranger keyboard, but note that MIDI Clock is not MIDI Time Code (MTC), which Voicelive Touch 2 does not support.
      – Connect Voicelive Touch 2 to your DAW or MIDI Clock source via USB or physical MIDI cable.
      – When using the physical MIDI In on Touch 2, set the MIDI CTRL setting in the MIDI page of the Setup menu to MIDI. Otherwise, leave it set to Merge.
      – Ensure that your clock source is set to transmit MIDI Clock to Voicelive Touch 2.
      – Set MIDI Tempo in the Setup Menu Metronome page to Slave.
      – Set Met: Off in the Loop Tools menu to On or Shh.
      – Initiate playback on your clock source.
      – Record and play back loops as you would using the Metronome.
      Your Record and Play button presses will be quantized to the closest beat.
      Note that Voicelive Touch 2 syncs to beats only, not bars. I will leave below the full list of CC parameters, I hope this helps
      • September 25, 2020
  • sellis67
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-25

What peripheral device do i need to set up to trigger the proper chord on the harmony, i dont see a MIDI output on the pedal.

0 70
    • sellis67
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scott Ellis, with the VoiceLive Play the only option for peripheral control is via TRS as you can see on the picture attached
      • September 25, 2020
    • sellis67
      kiskadar69 For VoiceLive Play, a chord must be sent to Aux In or the RoomSense microphone for NaturalPlay to work.
      Normal MIDI control requires a TC-Helicon effect with a MIDI In connector.
      • September 25, 2020
      • VoiceLive Play Harmony
        sellis67 If I'm sitting at my keyboard and singing with a harmony patch on voicelive play, how would I send the chord to an aux in? Or is my only option the 835 microphone and, in that case, does the microphone sense the chord through the speakers?
        • September 25, 2020
      • VoiceLive Play Harmony
        kiskadar69 Be creative.

1. If your keyboard has a stereo output, you can connect one of the outputs to VoiceLive Play Aux In, or
        2. Send the keyboard outputs to a mixer and connect the mixer's Ext Aux Send to the VoiceLive Play Aux In (the mixer should be set to send only the channel of the keyboard to Ext Aux Send).

Anyway, you'd get the best results with the VoiceIve Play if you only send left hand chord stuff and also have chorus/reverb off on the keyboard output.
        It would be best to use a vocal machine with MIDI instead of VoiceLive Play.
        • September 26, 2020
  • elk1952
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-24

Is there a link that will allow me to update my voicelive play gtx     i need to add the setting to fill the blank spaces

0 61
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 479
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • stansongman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

I use Gig Performer, which for the voicelive3 sends program changes for my presets.  I also run a MIDI file player in GP which provides the MIDI data to control the harmonies.  For each rackspace (song) in gig performer I send a PC to set the preset.  Often, the PC value is zero, because the first preset is my basic preset.  The harmonizer is set to the "Tight Voices" preset.

The strange thing is that when I am switching songs in Gig Performer, sometimes the harmonizer in my basic preset is set to some kind of lower octave harmony, even though when I look in the voicelive3 settings the harmony preset is still showing Tight Voices.  If I change the preset to something else and then come back to Tight Voices, it resets to that setting correctly. Of course I can't do that in a live show, there's some kind of problem with moving to that preset.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

read more...
    0 50
    • stansongman
      PedroRodrigues Hi Stan Swiniarski have you tried to save your presets on VoiceSupport erase all your presets on the unit and load the presets back again to your unit?
      • September 22, 2020
      • Voicelive3 Extreme changing Harmony settings upon Program Change
        stansongman Great idea, I have not done that. I'll give that a try and see what happens.
        • ·
        • September 22, 2020
    • stansongman
      stansongman So, I backed up my presets, reset the Voicelive3 to factory settings, restored my presets and the same thing happens. I also updated the unit to the latest firmware. As I'm changing songs in my set list, the VL3 will change as it's supposed to via PC messages. Many times it's PC 0, my basic setup. I'll start singing and even though the Harmony setting says "Tight Voices", it's set to a harmony preset which is a lower octave doubler. Very frustrating.
      • October 21, 2020
    • stansongman
      PedroRodrigues Hi Stan, please submit an assistance request via the link below so we can help you with more comprehensive tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support
      • October 21, 2020
  • Jaybecerra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-18

Hi 

I recently acquired a used Voicelive2 and as I am configuring presets and "steps" I noticed that when changing steps while singing, the reverb sound seems to stop. I'm using the same type of reverb and the same settings in a single preset, the "steps" only modify harmony settings. Is there a way to prevent this? I can't believe that this magnificent piece of equipment has this kind of downfall...

read more...
    0 55
    • Jaybecerra
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sergei can you please confirm if you selected any pre-programmed style and also please confirm how is the Decay and Width are set, the stereo imaging of the Reverb effect.0% is mono, 100% is fully stereo.
      Please also confirm the LO COLOR / HI COLOR as these are preset-frequency filters inserted into the Reverb feedback that tailor the low and high frequency response and decay of the tails.
      I hope this helps
      • September 30, 2020
      • Voicelive 2 and reverb between steps
        Jaybecerra Hello Pedro, thanks for your reply and I'm sorry for my late late reply.
        I created the second step as a copy of the first while only changing the set key for harmonies (from G to F) so, the reverb has the exact same parameters...
        • ·
        • Feb 24
  • bdbutler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-18

Hello!  I am a huge fan of the TCH voice processors, however, I am super frustrated with my VL Play.

I have a Surface Book 2 with the Surface Book Dock.  It is all USB 3.0 based both on the Book and the Dock. At one point I was able to connect my VL Play to the Surface Book and Use Voice Support 2 to manage my presets.

After a few major and minor windows updates, the surface book will not even see the VL Play. So of course, neither will Voice Support.

With the Play connected I have checked Device manager and noted that there is a problem with a USB Port Reset error when it is plugged in.  I have tried the following:

1. Disabled the errored item in Device Manager.
    2. Scanned for changes and re-installed.
    3. Checked the Sound Control panel to make sure the device is not disabled. (it doesn't show due to 1 and 2)
    4. I have tried restarting AND shutting down and powering back up.
    5. I have tried changing the order of connection with Voicesupport and the VL PLay.
    6. I have tried updating the drivers through device manager.
    7. I have tried updating the drivers through Windows Update.

Is there anything I can do. I loved using Voicesupport to do mass management of my presets for setlists and backing up large numbers of presets.  I currently am unable to do that or do firmware upgrades.

Thank you so much for your help

Dan

read more...
    0 69
  • payday0023
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the (dry direct from the mic, post pre-amp) signal and the wet (effects) signal.  Can you turn the wet effects down to give the dry, clean mic signal more prominence, or vice versa?  As far as I can tell, when you turn an effect on, it's all wet and the knob adjusting the effect parameter turns up and down the intensity or character of the effect.

Is this possible, and if not, can it be a feature request for the Perform V?

read more...
    0 31
Go to page